Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

poptart: Not interested in posting about Raiders for a while

Post by poptart »

Rumps wrote:Houston 31
Oakland 20
Pretty good call, Rumps.

Houston has a damn balanced offense and they are a solid team.
Even without their stud receiver and their #1 runner out for qtr #1, they rolled.

This is going to be my last post about the Raiders for a while.

We gave up 250 yds rushing yesterday.
2nd time we've given up over 200 yds rushing this season, despite doing our "best" to upgrade our front 7.

Some Raider numbers to look at.

We've played 116 games since our loss to Tampa Bay in the 2003 Super Bowl.

In those 116 games we've played, we've given up 100 yds rushing 90 times.
We've given up over 150 yds 50 times.
We've given up over 200 yds 21 times.
We've given up over 250 yds 6 times.
We let someone truck us for 300 yds rushing 1 time.

77% of the time, the opposition has gained over 100 yds on the ground v. us.
Approaching 50% of the time they have gone over a buck-fitty on us.
Approaching 20% of the time we've been hammered for 200+.
Think of that - almost 1 out of every 5 games we've played has seen the opposition go over 200 yds on the ground.

Look, other teams prolly have guys sitting around the lockerroom yukking it up about past nightmare games - saying shit like, "Oh fuck, remember back in '04, that game against Green Bay, when they ran all day on us and put up 208 yds. HOLE EEE FUCK, that was pitiful!!!"

But for us, it has happened 3 times a year. LMAO

It's coaching.
Yes.
And it's culture, too.

We can piddle around and move the lawn chairs here and there - and add to them - but it'll be the same ol' until some REAL change takes place.

Al started to lose his grip on the football operation around the early '90's, imo.
Since that time, the only period of time when things REALLY got on track here were during the four years of Gruden and Gannon.

Because I think that's what it takes to swim upstream in Oakland and get anything done.

A screamer coach - who is actually also capable, and ...
A screamer QB - who is also actually capable.

With that, you can maybe drag enough guys along and have them be accountable in order to really WIN in the Oakland enviorment.

I'm sick of caring about this bullshit any longer.
The organization doesn't deserve fans as good as Raider fans are.

I like some of our current players and think we DO have some good ones.
But I don't believe at all that we're going anywhere right now.
We've got the "screamer" QB - but he's really Gannon Light.
He doesn't possess Rich's game.

We have no coach right now.
Cable isn't winning anything in Oakland.

Just calling that as I see it.

Another week-or-so and our defense will get trucked again.

"Oh yeah ... but what if Murphy had made that catch??"

Yeah, I'll tell ya what.

If we somehow would have scored a TD, Jano would have missed the extra point.
It's the Raider culture.

Or if he would have made the PAT, we would have lost the coin flip - more Raider culture - and watched Houston run down our throat for 7 carries for 55 yds - line it up and watch them boot it through the uprights for the W.

This is the '97 team all over again - coached by Joe Bugel.
Stats can look ok, some of the games can be close, we'll win a few - but we're losers.

I'm just sick of the shit and won't be commenting much on anything from here on out until the organization can REALLY give me a reason to support it.

I've seen WAY more than enough.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Raiduh Fan Retirement Thread

Post by poptart »

Well, since you split the thread ... :meds:

Here's my reply:

You ought to know that a bet isn't won or lost until it's ... won or lost.
My disgust with the Raider product didn't win you anything.

Don't count your chickens.

I've been supportive of and interested in the Raiders for the past 7 VERY dismal seasons.

It's to the point that I can no longer try to give a shit because I don't believe a winning product will come about without significant organizational changes - which I see no sign of.

I think I summed it all up with some pretty valid points.

I'm not retired from being an NFL fan - something I still am, barely.
And I'll always be a Raider fan and hope for the organization to get it together again.

I'm just not going to bother typing out Raider takes because ... the team flat sucks and doesn't merit such effort from me at this time.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

How is Richard Seymour doing? Here is hoping for 1-15 and a #1 pick for the Pats!!
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

poptart wrote:I'm not retired from being an NFL fan - something I still am, barely.

And I'll always be a Raider fan and hope for the organization to get it together again.

This is why so many people are in fantasy leagues. If you're a fan of some pathetic franchise such as the Raiders, you can remain interested in the league by following "your players." Loosen the strap on your leather helmet and mull it over. It may actually be... fun.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Been there done that when it comes to a culture of losing, but to be honsest I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland beats the Bolts next week.

People look at LT and say wow he's got a lot more in the tank.

Unfortunately that effort wasn't there last season.

Was LT dogging it? I don't think so.

I'd say the real reason is Norv, who's the king of getting less out of more.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Retirement, semi-retirement, sabbatical etc. posts are gax.

Better off just posting less.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"We gave up 250 yds rushing yesterday.
2nd time we've given up over 200 yds rushing this season, despite doing our "best" to upgrade our front 7."

...doesn't look to get any better next week Pops. I see Raiduh linebackers chasing Gates all over the field, leaving huge gaps for Tolbert and Matthews. Yikes
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Flawed Logic
Jake

Post by Flawed Logic »

The only positives I can really take from yesterday's game:

I. Despite the fact that Houston, minus perhaps the best WR in the game today, could run all day long against the Raiders' defense, the team didn't curl up in a ball and accept their beating. It was still a bad loss, just not the 34-3 kind of loss I've seemingly grown to accept the past eight years.

II. It was the smallest home crowd in a non-strike game since 1967. Good job, Raiders fans. I fully support those who choose to stay home and save their money for a time where maybe ownership finally gets it. Al Davis must come to understand that fans feel Commitment to Excrement isn't worth supporting.

Poptart is correct about several things but one thing I can't agree with more, Tom Cable is crap as a head coach. He isn't even any good as a line coach.
Flawed Logic
Jake

Post by Flawed Logic »

Joe in PB wrote:I'd say the real reason is Norv, who's the king of getting less out of more.
I'd agree with that.

I'm clearly not in any position to pile on Charger fan but that's the one thing I can still rationalize things with in my mind; my team had a winning culture and a record of success during my lifetime, something San Diego has never seen.

Not sure that winning three Super Bowls when I was still school-aged makes it any better though. Raider fan is desperately hoping to get back to what they had while Chargers fan is expecting the best is yet to come. Either way, it's frustrating year after year when it doesn't happen.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:Was LT dogging it? I don't think so.

I'd say the real reason is Norv, who's the king of getting less out of more.
I'd say the "real reason" is that Complainian was playing the Bills yesterday.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:I watched that game and LT looked pretty damn good -
He always does when there's nothing on the line and he's up against a shit team. Ask the Raiders about that.

No hate, just a simple observation. Check back in when the Jets need him to step up and take over a game that actually means something. He certainly never did at any point in his career in San Diego.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Flawed Logic wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:I'd say the real reason is Norv, who's the king of getting less out of more.
I'd agree with that.

I'm clearly not in any position to pile on Charger fan but that's the one thing I can still rationalize things with in my mind; my team had a winning culture and a record of success during my lifetime, something San Diego has never seen.
Not sure that winning three Super Bowls when I was still school-aged makes it any better though. Raider fan is desperately hoping to get back to what they had while Chargers fan is expecting the best is yet to come. Either way, it's frustrating year after year when it doesn't happen.

...says 14 straight losses to the Chargers :meds:
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:
He always does when there's nothing on the line and he's up against a shit team. Ask the Raiders about that.

No hate, just a simple observation. Check back in when the Jets need him to step up and take over a game that actually means something. He certainly never did at any point in his career in San Diego.
WRONG.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

Injuries the last two seasons deemed him expendable by the Blots. Doesn't matter, though- they got their use out of LT and have a young back to take over now, and the Jets got a guy willing to go all out again to prove the haters wrong. It's a win-win for both teams.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I haven't watched LT play on the Jets, but I heard about his day yesterday. I wondered if LT was being run up the middle like last year. He just got stuffed over and over. What is different?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Paul wrote:
mvscal wrote:

WRONG.
Oh yeah? Then I suppose it should be no problem to provide a few snapshots from Complainian's extensive library of postseason heroics.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Pops was runned ?
Go Bucs, Gators
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

DallasFanatic wrote:Retirement, semi-retirement, sabbatical etc. posts are gax.
I didn't make the thread, DFan, and I didn't say anything about retirement, semi-retirement, sabatical, etc.

In my post, I said I wasn't interested in posting about the Raiders for a while.

This was just Scott demonstrating that he is abusing his administrative powers by taking a post out of a legit thread and creating a new a bogus thread with that post as the lead.

Administrative abuse.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

:pickle:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: This was just Scott demonstrating that he is abusing his administrative powers by taking a post out of a legit thread and creating a new a bogus thread with that post as the lead.
Not for the first time, but it needs to be the last.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: But since this seems to have struck a nerve, I'll edit the title for ya.....
Oh, that makes it all better now.

Nice job putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

You want traffic? Try keeping your ham hands off the buttons for a week or 12 and build a sandcastle in your own backyard.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Doesn't that mean the Chargers would have needed some post season heroics?
Was that supposed to be humorous?

Rivers manning up with a torn ACL in the AFC Championship while Complainian sulked on the sideline with a stubbed toe ringing any bells for you, Scrote?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Re: poptart: Not interested in posting about Raiders for a w

Post by Truman »

No. It was the Chargers. Nobody cared.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:Wags knowing this pisses you off makes this thread just that much more special
Scott, your petty message board machinations don't piss me off.

Brandon Marshall not having a catch yet pisses me off.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Type, you can hear, Blue Springs Yoda?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote: Rivers manning up with a torn ACL in the AFC Championship while Complainian sulked on the sideline with a stubbed toe ringing any bells for you, Scrote?
Gosh, my memory must be fuzzy -
No, you're just stupid.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Wagon, it's just Scott's idea of fun times in the NFL Forum.
And maybe that's all it is.

If you look at what happened, though, it can be interesting.

A member (happened to be poptart in this case) posted a reply in a thread, because that's what he wanted to do.
If he had wanted to start a thread and give it a title, he would have.

But you have an administrator (Scott in this case) come by and pluck the member's post out of the thread, start a new thread in that member's name, and assign a thread title to it.

Now if the administrator thinks it's ok to to do that, then we can assume that he also thinks it will be ok if one of the m0ds chooses to pluck one of his posts out of a thread and does something with it - just because he wants to.

Or ... if one of the m0derators plucks any member's post out of a thread and does something with it ... just for yuks.

Say Bri gets in a flame-war with someone (we've never seen that before) and then decides he wants to play fuck-around - so he dicks around with a post(s) of his "opponent," clowning him somehow.

Hard for the administrator to step in and say that is not a good move, seeing as it is the precendent that he himself has already established.

I remember one of my best teachers in life telling me once that a person in leadership or authority ought not only avoid wrong-doing, but also the perception of wrong-doing.

The words members here type are all that they have as a way to express themself.
If a person with the buttons fucks with that, regardless of intentions - just because they can, I consider it a dick move.

I've never been down with it whenever I've seen it happen before on any of the boards.

And again, Scott's just funnin' around, I think.

Just a bad idea, imo.

my .04
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Did I say they won the game?

Yes, you remain a clueless dumbfuck.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

History is full of heroic efforts in losing causes, idiot. Feel free to check back in after a quick refresher on the English language.