Looks like a 3 way tie in the Big 10

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Looks like a 3 way tie in the Big 10

Post by Mace »

MSU is literally kicking the shit out of the Wolverines, who only scored 14 points in the first half. MSU, OSU, and Purdue will share the title. I'm not sure who I would pick to win the conference tourney....Purdue, if not for their key injury....so it will be an interesting week.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Looks like a 3 way tie in the Big 10

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I would pick Ohio St or Wisky to win the Big Ten tourny. MSU rarely does well in that. They get complacent and look ahead, or something. I dunno.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Wisconsin might be playing the best ball right now. It will be a dog fight this week and I'm looking forward to watching.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Big Brother spotted a lead but forgot to come back.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mixed feelings about what I want from the Badgers in the Big 10 tournament. On the one hand, it seems that whenever they’ve made it to the championship game, they’ve drawn a Thursday first-round game in the NCAA’s, and they’ve gotten bounced out rather quickly.

On the other hand, if they win the Big 10 tourney, they might move to a high enough seed to play their first two games in Milwaukee and I’ve got tickets.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'll go ahead and call it now: Wisky over MSU in the finals. I'll also go with N'western to upset Purdue in the second round. OSU plays with basically 6 guys, which isn't a great recipe for a 3-games-in-3-days format.

Then Wisky will be able to claim some sort of bode, as well as have their excuse already lined up when they bounce out of the NCAAs early.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

I'm seeing another Spartan let down, this time, against the Nittany Lions.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Uh huh.

Maybe your guys can squeak one out against the state of Iowa's 3rd best team, for the right to get jailsexed in the mouth by your "rival."
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Jail sexed?? Bwahahahhahaaaa. RACK! Michigan bball sux and is gax, but, sometimes they get a little run in at tourney time. OSU will, uh, jail sex them, though.

Big Ten ball has been absolutely horrible this year. Found myself skipping games left and right and a strong preferrence for any gane in the Big East and Big 12 over the Big Ten crap. Was watching a Big Ten game last week and neither team had broken 30 by half...horrid stuff. Hope the tourney turns around...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Uh huh.

Maybe your guys can squeak one out against the state of Iowa's 3rd best team, for the right to get jailsexed in the mouth by your "rival."
"3rd best"?? Right now, I think they're the 4th best team in Iowa, behind UNI, Drake, and ISU. They looked like they were mailin' it in at Minnesota yesterday and pretty much the same in Madison last week.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Then Wisky will be able to claim some sort of bode, as well as have their excuse already lined up when they bounce out of the NCAAs early.
Rack that take, and another RACK for the jailsex blast.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'll go ahead and call it now: Wisky over MSU in the finals. I'll also go with N'western to upset Purdue in the second round. OSU plays with basically 6 guys, which isn't a great recipe for a 3-games-in-3-days format.

Then Wisky will be able to claim some sort of bode, as well as have their excuse already lined up when they bounce out of the NCAAs early.
Just so you know, I wasn't offering that as an excuse, just acknowledging a pattern. When they get bounced out of the tourney, they won't need an excuse. There will be a reason. It will either be that they ran into a much quicker and more athletic team, or that their shooting falls off. Either way, I'd like to see them in Milwaukee.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'm just ribbing you. I thought you of all people would "get" that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice sense of humor you got there, Gobbles. Go huff another case of duster, you degenerate fuckstick.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

JMak wrote:Jail sexed?? Bwahahahhahaaaa. RACK! Michigan bball sux and is gax, but, sometimes they get a little run in at tourney time. OSU will, uh, jail sex them, though.

Big Ten ball has been absolutely horrible this year. Found myself skipping games left and right and a strong preferrence for any gane in the Big East and Big 12 over the Big Ten crap. Was watching a Big Ten game last week and neither team had broken 30 by half...horrid stuff. Hope the tourney turns around...
I disagree. I enjoyed the season, and if you didn't appreciate Big 10 basketball this year, then you probably never will, considering this conference race was one of the best ever. Certainly the best in my lifetime. There were five teams legitimately in contention for the title late in the regular season until Purdue, OSU, and MSU pulled away. As for the games themselves, I guess style of play is a matter of personal preference, but I enjoy watching Big Ten ball. I don't need to see non stop 3s and transition buckets to be entertained. I like watching teams run multiple half court sets and try to out-muscle each other in the paint. Basically though, the more you watch, the more you become familiar with these teams and their tendencies, which makes watching the games more interesting. I'm sure that's the case for Big 12 fans, Big East fans, etc.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm just ribbing you. I thought you of all people would "get" that.
Hopefully you’re right. UW vs MSU for the title and Lucas jumps into Nankavil again and fractures his ankle.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That's more like it. :lol:

ASS.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Also, in fairness, I do think this Wisconsin team has what it takes to make a deep run. I just don't like admitting it.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Fuck you both...Evan Turner is going to tear some Big 10 ass up in this tourney...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Also, in fairness, I do think this Wisconsin team has what it takes to make a deep run. I just don't like admitting it.
One off night from the outside and they are toast. But they have been a pleasant surprise for a bunch of community college walk-ons.

UW is a preseason pick to finish between 7th and 9th in the conference, Bo brings them to one game short of first place, and Painter is Coach of the Year? Whatever.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Hell, I would've given it to Carmody. That team lost one of the league's best players, and shouldn't have been half as competitive as it was.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Hell, I would've given it to Carmody.
I think you're just saying that to try and piss me off. It's not going to work. My understanding is that Painter was a unanimous pick.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No, I'm not. Northwestern has half the talent of a team like Wisconsin, lost its clear-cut best player for the whole year on top of that, and was still in contention late in the season for an NCAA berth.

Frankly, though, I just don't really care about those awards. In any given year I think you could make a case for 2-3 different guys, and this year is no exception.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

M GO...I would think this year...ET clearly was the best player in the Big 10...I mean guys like Lucas, Hummel, and some others had very good seasons...but ET was a man among boys...that would be about the only slam dunk this year...

just my $.02
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well shit, since we're apparently only going to pimp our own in here, I'll say, no, Turner was NOT the only slam dunk this year. Draymond Green as 6th man of the year was the other.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Seeing as though I pimped Hummel and Lucas...that isn't necessarily pimping my own team...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Nice sense of humor you got there, Gobbles. Go huff another case of duster, you degenerate fuckstick.
I wouldn't have much of a sense of humor either if my life was as pathetic as Goober's. So you should be a little more understanding of our life challenged friend.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You want to talk about pathetic, you walking sig-machine?