It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Hey Mikey...

Post by ChargerMike »

Fallbrook aint that far away...

Baseball Buff Will Trade Collection for Home

(March 2) -- Millions of American men gave their wives or girlfriends cards on Valentine's Day, but only one told his beloved that he would trade his baseball cards -- a collection valued at more than $500,000 -- to find a love nest for them to share.

As America struggles through the worst real estate market in decades, retired firefighter Clyde Bone, 57, thinks he has found a way around getting a mortgage at a time when they're very hard to obtain.

The San Diego resident has been collecting sports memorabilia since 1956 and now has more than 1 million cards. He has more than 28 Mickey Mantle cards from 1962, the most valuable of which is worth approximately $600.

Clyde Bone, 57, says he'll trade his $500,000 baseball card collection for a home in San Diego to share with his fiancee.

"I don't have all the cards I collected," Bone said. "When we moved to San Diego from Arkansas, I had to give them to the shippers because there was no room in the 1960 Falcon. Also, I put a few of them in my bicycle spokes."

However, he had the foresight, even when he was a kid, never to show off his Mantle cards by inserting them in bicycle spokes and tooling around town.

All in all, it's a dream collection, especially for a Yankees fan. But these days, Bone is more interested in dreaming about the future with his fiancee, Deb.

They've only been dating a year, but they've known each other since junior high. Bone, who has been divorced six years, reconnected with her at a high school reunion earlier this year.

Currently, Deb (who asked that her last name be withheld) lives in another state and Bone is ready to begin the next stage in his life with her -- without the cards.

Bone is offering to trade his entire collection -- lock, stock and Darrell Evans -- for a house in San Diego with a scenic view. He's not picky. You don't need to show him beachfront property. He's willing to consider a home that overlooks a canyon, a mountain or even a desert.

And while he may have a Hall of Fame collection, his ad says he's willing to trade it for a "home of much lesser value" and will even consider trading "for equity in home" and "possibly assuming the remaining balance."
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Hey Mikey...

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote:I have an envelope to address and a stamp to buy.
And no, I'm not accepting that Roberto Clemente card with the bent corners so just forget about it.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Complete bullshit.

Home with a view in the San Diego area for 500K ...Bwwaaahaaa, maybe a view of gangsta apartments

Cue up the home invasion robbery in the next couple of days.
Last edited by Derron on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Hey, Bonehead. You're trading off a half million dollar card collection for a woman? Well, since you're that fucking stupid, how about a beachfront house in Iowa? I'll even let you keep one of your '62 Mantle cards and throw in a couple of my prize ewes so you can fit in immediately.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

War Wagon wrote:
And no, I'm not accepting that Roberto Clemente card with the bent corners so just forget about it.
...how about a near mint Deron Cherry :wink:

....doh! in the mail tomorrow wags'
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Who says he's even going to put her on the deed?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote: ...how about a near mint Deron Cherry

oh hell no.

A near mint George Brett rookie card, you've got a deal. And toss in an Amos Otis or Willie Wilson as the late fee.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote:Complete bullshit.

Home with a view in the San Diego area for 500K ...Bwwaaahaaa, maybe a view of gangsta apartments

Cue up the home invasion robbery in the next couple of days.
Ocean view is prolly out of the question. But around here you can prolly find a deece back country view in that price range. We're still pretty depressed.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Who says he's even going to put her on the deed?

Not a factor if they settle in Cali. He might as well get a set of prosthetic marbles and pouch made while he's still got some cash. He'll need them when she's awarded the house, his sack and nads and subsequently hangs the real ones on an exterior wall with a hammer and nails purchased with the proceeds of the first alimony check.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:Ocean view is prolly out of the question. But around here you can prolly find a deece back country view in that price range. We're still pretty depressed.
I'd be pretty depressed too if I was the chump down the street from you who bought that half mil crib down the street from you.....for 1.2mil.

DId you ever ponder getting out when your place was worth something close to a mil, mikey?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It never got quite that high. Maxed out at around 800 K according to Zillow, but how accurate are they? They say 510 K now, but we just had a "drive by" appraisal for a HELOC that came in at 410 K.

Never considered getting out, though, 'cause we don't want to leave this area.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Mace wrote:throw in a couple of my prize ewes so you can fit in immediately.
Buyer beware. Mace's idea of using ewes to fit in may differ than yours or mine.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

R-Jack wrote:
Buyer beware. Mace's idea of using ewes to fit in may differ than yours or mine.
What could you possibly be thinking, R-Jack? The wool keeps you warm during an Iowa winter.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mace wrote:
R-Jack wrote:
What could you possibly be thinking, R-Jack? The wool keeps you warm during an Iowa winter.
Grow a beard and you won't have to have your face jammed in some farm animals snatch all winter. :lol: :lol:
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

They don't like beards.....kinda rubs them raw and damages the wool.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
...how about a near mint Deron Cherry :wink:

....doh! in the mail tomorrow wags'
:reset:

Not that I care what anyone in CDS may have ever thought about ChargerMike, and not that I often talk Jackass FFL business outside of that exclusive forum... I received a remarkable envelope in my mailbox today that must needs be acknowledged to all.

Straight up mint rookie cards of Don Mattingly, Jeff Bagwell, and Mike Mussina.

<---- flabbergasted, and then again not really. That's the kind of people I deal with here at T1B and C_M is no exception.