Coaches poll voting - final ballot

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Coaches poll voting - final ballot

Post by MuchoBulls »

Always nice to see how this is voted this time of the year.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... titialskip
Dreams......Temporary Madness
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Re: Coaches poll voting - final ballot

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Jsc810 wrote:Head coach of Cincy voted Cincy #1. :lol:
Why wouldn't he? Is it such a stretch to vote a team number one who finished 12-0 and 3rd in the final BCS rankings along with 2nd in most computer rankings? I guess teams like Cincinnati have no right to think that they are the best :?
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Jsc810 wrote:Special teams coach of Cincy who filled out his ballot in five minutes voted Cincy #1. :lol:
Fixed.
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Jsc810 wrote:Cincy is a good team, and I wish that TCU was playing them instead of Boise.

But Cincy isn't the best team in the country. Whatever, you just keep thinking they are.
Well perhaps we should just skip the championship game since you already can tell all of us who the best team is or isn't. Cincinnati hasn't played Alabama, Texas, TCU, or Boise State so NOBODY knows who the best team is. We won't know that after the bowls either unfortunately. Kicking the shit out of Florida would sure help though and that is exactly what our guys plan to do. Of course then we'll have to hear the bullshit about how Florida was let down and they just weren't into the game. First of all, that would make Florida a bunch of pussies and I don't think that is the case. I think Florida will want to go out with a win and show everyone that they're much better than they played in the Bama game. Second, Cincinnati is more disappointed than Florida right now. The Bearcats were ONE SECOND away from playing for the title. Florida had their chance ON THE FIELD to get to the championship game and they didn't get it done. Cincinnati never had that opportunity. This will be the best defense Cincinnati has seen all year and this will be the best offense that Florida has seen. It should be a very interesting, and I'm guessing, a high scoring game. We'll see how it goes but I'm proud of the Bearcats and I'm happy about our team playing in the Sugar Bowl against a great Florida team and program.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bo Pelini voting Texas #1. hmmm?

Stoops throwing OK State under the bus a little bit. :lol:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Yeah, I thought Pelini voting Texas number one was a perfect example of conference loyalty. I really only paid attention to where each of them voted Cincinnati and I was pretty pissed and disappointed that Les Miles voted us 8th. I hope we'll see him down the road and get a chance to shove that 8th place vote straight up his poor clock-managing ass.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jsc810 wrote:Head coach of Cincy voted Cincy #1. :lol:
Why shouldn't he?

It's much better than Les Miles voting them 8th. Nice freaking ballot he had :meds: .
Dreams......Temporary Madness
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Sam, I don't give a shit if we gave up 90 if we score 91. You do realize that defense isn't the only thing that counts, right? Winning is what matters. Nobody has outscored Cincinnati. Isn't that the point? They don't give a national title to the team with the best defense, it goes to the best TEAM. You blueblood program homers all like to say shit like that.....you gave up 43 to UConn or 44 to Pitt or 36 to Illinois. Who gives a shit? We also scored 45, 45, and 49 in those games. Alabama only scored 12 lousy points against Tennessee and only 20 against South Carolina. Should I assume that Alabama has a shitty offense? No, of course not. The same shitty Cincinnati defense that allowed the totals listed above also allowed just 17 to South Florida, just 15 to Rutgers, only 21 to West Virginia, and only 18 to Oregon State. All of those games besides WVa were road games. It's about the whole body of work, not just 2 or 3 bad games and it's about all phases of the game, not only defense.
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Well, Sam, you just did a great job of ignoring my post and restating the 44 points thing. I guess Texas doesn't belong in the national championship game either. They only scored a lousy 13 points with a trip to the title game on the line. Right?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:Anyway, I didn't wanna see Alabama play Cincy or TCU. No one down this way would have counted the Tide's win as a NC.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The fuck they wouldn't! They'd hang that bad boy right alongside their newest Saban statue in the rotunda of the State Capitol. Folks down that way still count the freaking '78 title, so they're damn sure shameless enough to count anything!

:mrgreen:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Mace wrote:
Defense wins championships. Your guys don't play it and neither does any of your opponents. I respect what Cincy has accomplished but I also recognize who've they accomplished it against. Beat Florida and then you've got something to bitch about.
That is the most ridiculous bunch of shit I've ever heard. Your Hawkeyes allowed a whopping total of FIVE points a game less than Cincinnati while scoring 16 points less a game. Last time I checked, the Big 11 isn't full of offensive powerhouses so I'm not impressed at all. Cincinnati allowed 20.8 a game this year with most of that coming in THREE out of 12 games. I think they allowed about 12 a game in the other nine games. Your Hawkeyes are 3-1 against BCS top 25 teams and the Bearcats are 3-0. Your wins are against numbers 13, 20 and 25 with Cincinnati's wins against numbers 16, 17, and 18. Lets also take a look at the top 25 defenses in the FBS in points allowed per game. Two of your opponents are in the top 25....Penn State and Ohio State at numbers 4 & 5. Iowa is also there at number 10. Surprise, surprise, Cincinnati is number 24 so I guess we play a little defense after all. Additionally, THREE of our opponents are in the top 25....Rutgers at number 15, Pittsburgh at 20, and West Virginia at 25. That makes four Big East teams in the top 25 and three Big 11 teams. Don't let the numbers get in the way of your incorrect analysis though :?

By the way, I'm not bitching about anything. I'm thrilled to be 3rd in the BCS and playing a great Florida program in the Sugar Bowl. What I'm tired of is people taking a self-serving snapshot of three games and not backing up anything with statistics. I guess you'd only do that if the stats back up your claim though and clearly they don't. The funny thing is, Cincinnati is 3-0 in those games that people want to spotlight and two of the three teams are going to bowl games. I could take a very ugly snapshot of three Iowa games (UNI, Arky State, and NW) and it would look pretty bad for the Hawkeyes. I won't do that though because I have sense enough to know that it's the entire season that counts, not just three not so pretty games. Actually we could probably take that same kind of snapshot of virtually any team in the country.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Tressell had Ohio State 8 and USC 25 even though USC went in to Columbus and beat Ohio State
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Bobby Bowden's picks were outstanding....

Cal at 19!?!?! :o

simply proves he should have retired years ago.....
get out, get out while there's still time
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Tressell had Ohio State 8 and USC 25 even though USC went in to Columbus and beat Ohio State
Uhhh...USC lost 4 games.
Maybe their schedule was just tougher, doesnt change the fact that they went to Columbus and beat the Buckeyes.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Tressell had Ohio State 8 and USC 25 even though USC went in to Columbus and beat Ohio State
Uhhh...USC lost 4 games.
Maybe their schedule was just tougher, doesnt change the fact that they went to Columbus and beat the Buckeyes.
Stanford went to Oregon and beat the Ducks.

Not sure they should be ranked higher, though.
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Mace wrote: You can shove your up your ass, Cinti. Accumulating great stats against the level of competition you play doesn't mean squat.
Kiss my ass, Mace. You wanna be a prick with me, fine. I didn't insult you but if you're going to start that shit with me then fine. The level of competition Cincinnati plays? You're so full of shit. So I guess there are only a few teams in the nation that can claim to play tough competition. You can take your overrated conference and arrogant attitude and shove it straight up your ass. Where exactly is good football played? Who exactly plays tough competition? Good football is played in all of the BCS conferences and several other conferences. Are you too blind or just too ignorant to see that? Tell me, Mace, does the Big 11 play good defense? I'd like to know.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

whoa,somebody got their underoos soiled
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Yep, just a little. I've grown quite tired of the thought that a 12-0 team from a BCS conference (or any conference for that matter) still needs to somehow prove themselves to anyone. Any team that is 12-0 is a damn good football team. Boise State, TCU, and Cincinnati have nothing more to prove than Texas or Alabama. They're all damned good teams and have had great seasons.