Nebraska/Texas in game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Nebraska/Texas in game

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:Texas has as much business being in the MNC game as Turner Gill's UB team. What a fucking joke. 'Bama by 3 TDs or more.
Moron.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote:Texas has as much business being in the MNC game as Turner Gill's UB team. What a fucking joke. 'Bama by 3 TDs or more.
Moron.
You're right. It's probably more like 4 TDs.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I hate the fucking big12 refs.

We were getting held like a mutherfucker on Texas's td-drive.

We got a bullshit PI on their first fieldgoal drive.

Then they get time back on the clock on their last drive? Yes we screwed ourselves on the bad kick and the horsecollar(a rule I'm already sick of). But giving them time back on the clock? If that was us it's game over.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Your boys should be proud, Danimal, they played a hell of a game defensively. Major props for their effort tonight.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:Alabama is so far and away better than Texas it isn't even funny.
Right.

Just like Texas was favored by over 14 points today.

Alabama is reading your press clipping, but unlike Texas, they won't be playing against the Nebraska defense.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Nebraska lost the game on the kickoff...one of the biggest kyoas of all time.

Suh for Heisman...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:All that emotion, all that drama, all the ramifications on the outcome...

but the game was a "farce" before it even started. :meds:
Yep, it was. It was a total farce.
Congrats Texas on a hard fought Big XII championship.
Which they already won, before tonight's game was even played. For Texas, tonight's cash grab was merely for the opportunity to get knocked OUT of the national title. It wasn't for the right to play their way in. They stood nothing to gain, and everything to lose. Nebraska stood nothing to lose, and everything to gain. That's a farce.
They don't come cheap and anyone who says different can go fuck themselves.
The game was a farce. It was a close game, but it never should have been played. If only the Nebraska kicker weren't a total fucking cunt, the Big XII would've just pissed away their chance at a national championship, by holding this farce tonight.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Danimal wrote:I hate the fucking big12 refs.

We were getting held like a mutherfucker on Texas's td-drive.

We got a bullshit PI on their first fieldgoal drive.

Then they get time back on the clock on their last drive? Yes we screwed ourselves on the bad kick and the horsecollar(a rule I'm already sick of). But giving them time back on the clock? If that was us it's game over.
Don't cheapen that effort by whining, Cornfan.

Hold your heads high.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Kickoff out of bounds or not, Texas probably gets into position for that FG.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Kickoff out of bounds or not, Texas probably gets into position for that FG.
They barely managed it, starting from the forty. If they'd started from the twenty, or even inside the twenty, it's a whole lot less likely.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Less likely? Sure, but it's not like they would've called the same set of plays. Would've been an entirely different scenario.

Also, it's not a given they would've started from the 20. See, the guy who catches it gets a chance to return the ball by running up field.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I knew it was too good to be true when it was time to kick off. When the ball rolled to the sideline, my heart sank. I was hoping that finally we'd screw Texas over like they've done to us in many games since the Big 12 started.

I would have to think that Pelini is going to encourage Watson to either move on, or he's going to wrestle some control away from him. While Nu's defense has improved dramatically, the offense has regressed big time.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

MGO wrote:Kickoff out of bounds or not, Texas probably gets into position for that FG.
What happened in the first 58 minutes to support that statement?
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Kickoff out of bounds or not, Texas probably gets into position for that FG.
I disagree- UT had MAJOR problems moving the ball on that Corn D the whole 2nd half....too bad we'll never find out.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Stoops wrote:
MGO wrote:Kickoff out of bounds or not, Texas probably gets into position for that FG.
What happened in the first 58 minutes to support that statement?
Just a hunch. Being a do or die situation, I think Colt would've gotten it done. If his receiver catches that ball down the sideline earlier, they're not even in that situation.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

At Large wrote: I would have to think that Pelini is going to encourage Watson to either move on, or he's going to wrestle some control away from him. While Nu's defense has improved dramatically, the offense has regressed big time.
Bo and Watson didn't seem to be getting along too well during the game. If I'm Pelini, i got what i wanted out of Watson (continuity and a good year out of Ganz) and now i move on.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Bo should snap up Mangino in about 30 seconds, IMO.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Suh for Heisman...
No doubt. He should get some serious consideration. He is the most dominant player in CFB.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Less likely? Sure, but it's not like they would've called the same set of plays. Would've been an entirely different scenario.

Also, it's not a given they would've started from the 20. See, the guy who catches it gets a chance to return the ball by running up field.
Any other painfully obvious shit you wanna throw out there?

See, if you kick it off deep into the end zone, or out of the end zone, they start at the twenty. Maybe they even try to run it out of the end zone, and only get to the fourteen...or maybe they fumble.

If you kick it out of bounds, nothing good can happen, guaranteed. They only need to go thirty yards to win the game, which they did, by the skin of their teeth.

Make them start deep in their own territory, maybe Suh gets to Colt once. Maybe he sacks him, causing a fumble. Maybe he makes Colt rush a throw, leading to a pick.

See, the Texas O wasn't doing shit, all night. The more field they had to traverse, the more plays they had to run, the more likely they screw up.

When he kicked it out of bounds, we all knew Texas would win. Had he pinned Texas, it's up in the air, with Nebraska having the decided advantage.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: For Texas, tonight's cash grab was merely for the opportunity to get knocked OUT of the national title. It wasn't for the right to play their way in. They stood nothing to gain, and everything to lose. Nebraska stood nothing to lose, and everything to gain. That's a farce.
In a reversal of typical cliches... you can't see the trees for the forest.

The game stands on it's own merits, regardless of any other considerations. It's a Championship game. They hand out a trophy for that.

It doesn't need your approval to be played.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

See, if you kick it off deep into the end zone, or out of the end zone, they start at the twenty. Maybe they even try to run it out of the end zone, and only get to the fourteen...or maybe they fumble.
Except he didn't kick it deep into the end zone. If he had kept the ball in bounds, there would've been a return, and there's no telling how many yards would've been picked up.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That was just stupid, Wags. Don't try to be clever.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Except he didn't kick it deep into the end zone. If he had kept the ball in bounds, there would've been a return, and there's no telling how many yards would've been picked up.
Wtf are you even arguing? There's no telling? Well, how about the fact that on the vast majority of occasions they didn't reach the forty? How about the fact that the Nebraska coaches were irate?

Kind of a tip off, to most people.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:but the game was a "farce" before it even started. :meds:
Correct. Had Nebraska won they would have "won" the conference with a 7-2 record while Texas would have "lost" with an 8-1 record.

That makes sense to you?!?
Perfect sense, as the rules and format allow.

You play the next game on your schedule, not the previous 8.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You even said yourself they gave them too much time BEFORE the botched kick. :lol:
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

War Stoops wrote:Bo should snap up Mangino in about 30 seconds, IMO.
I can actually see that happening.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:You even said yourself they gave them too much time BEFORE the botched kick. :lol:
Yeah, and I said he BETTER NOT KICK IT OUT OF BOUNDS, and when he did, I said it was game over.

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Paul wrote:
War Stoops wrote:Bo should snap up Mangino in about 30 seconds, IMO.
I can actually see that happening.
no reason for it to not happen.
their offense was less than mediocre this year.
if they had any kind of O they win that game
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:That was just stupid, Wags. Don't try to be clever.
You want blunt force trauma instead?

Ok... you're a clueless cunt.

Happy now?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Nice backpedal.
Van wrote:They're going to leave too much time on the clock, if they don't get another first down before they kick the FG.
So let me get this straight...this statement DOESN'T imply that they left Texas too much time, eventual botched kick or no botched kick? :doh:

Just stop.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote:That was just stupid, Wags. Don't try to be clever.
You want blunt force trauma instead?

Ok... you're a clueless cunt.

Happy now?
Just a different kind of suck.

"But them's the ruuulz!" is all you've got. Nobody's disputing the rule.

The point is that the rule is stupid, and it should be changed to where it makes sense, and only stupid people would say anything other than, "You're right. It is stupid, and it should be changed. 6-2 teams should not be given the opportunity to wrest the championship away from 8-0 teams."

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

What a completer and utter abortion of a football game that shit was.

The Big-12 had 2 big games this year. OU vs Texas and Texas vs Nebraska. Those were truly 2 of the worst football games I think I have ever witnessed.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
The team with the best record in the conference should be the conference champion. How is that even arguable?
One conference, two divisions, and them's the rules. Texas and Nebraska didn't play each other in the regular season.... not that that matters. It doesn't.

I've never known you to be so Vantuse, so what trump card are you holding up your sleeve?

Jack of Spades?

Might work in pinochle, doesn't work here.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Fuck...just fuck.

We had our hearts ripped out as per usual vs. Texas. i CANNOT believe how many holding calls and chops blocks get "overlooked' for 4 qtrs. I think Nebraska just put a defense on the field that we might not see for another 10 years. Our offense is inept and pathetic. Watson needs to go.

Suh might be the best player on defense we will see for another 50 years. It's too bad Suh didn't have an "F" (Florida) on his helmet this season. He would have got the love he so deserves. Oh well...he'll get his in the NFL hall of fame. Great players....the greatest of all time....play college ball somewhere. Mr. Suh just exhibited a prelude to what is to come.

Congrats Texas., Please represent the Big 12 in the title game well. The Alambama team I saw today is a VERY good team. Good luck!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Nice backpedal.
Van wrote:They're going to leave too much time on the clock, if they don't get another first down before they kick the FG.
So let me get this straight...this statement DOESN'T imply that they left Texas too much time, botched kick or no botched kick? :doh:

Just stop.
Of course it implies that. It assured it, however, once the guy kicked the ball out of bounds.

Again, what the hell are you even arguing? Kicking the ball out of bounds was a crucial mistake, and it made what very likely would've been a difficult job much easier.

If you're going to C&P what I said, C&P the parts where I said he better not kick it out of bounds. C&P the part where I said he doomed them, by kicking it out of bounds.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Of course it was a crucial mistake. What I'm saying is it's not some sort of given the game would've been over had the kickoff been good. You even seemed to agree with me on that, evidenced by the c&p.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I never even began to imply that the game would've been over had the kicker done his job. I only said that he nearly assured its outcome by choking.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Our offense is inept and pathetic. Watson needs to go.
Why? What the hell did Watson do? His fucking players can't execute plays. It doesn't matter what they run. They can't block a good d-line, the WR's can't catch, the QB can't throw and they don't have big play backs. There isn't a coach in the country that could get Nebraska to even be a halfway decent offense this year. This is what I love about CFB fans. They have no idea what they're talking about. They see an offense (or defense) struggle and they wanna fire the coordinator even though anyone with half a brain could tell it has NOTHING to do with the coordinator.

I had no problem with Nebraska's gameplan today. The couple of times they did throw it downfield it was an epic fail by Zac Lee. They couldn't hold blocks up front against the run. What the hell is a coordinator supposed to do in this situation? You can't run the ball, you can't throw downfield, and you can't run a ball control passing game because your QB is not accurate and your WR's drop balls. Tell me exactly what the hell you would have done differently?

There is absolutely no coach or no style of offense that would work with this personnel. Sorry, but it's true.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:6-2 teams should not be given the opportunity to wrest the championship away from 8-0 teams.
Why not?

Look at any other sport, don't upsets happen all the time? Isn't that part and parcel of the game?

I hear all day everyday people saying CFB needs a playoff and I don't disagree. Are you one of those people?

This was a mini-playoff, set-up under the guidelines everyone agreed to, yet you must whine. And then whine some more.

Very tiresome.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:I never even began to imply that the game would've been over had the kicker done his job.
Oh really?
Van wrote:If only the Nebraska kicker weren't a total fucking cunt, the Big XII would've just pissed away their chance at a national championship, by holding this farce tonight.