Whoa!!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Whoa!!

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:Btw, congratulations, Mikey. Your guys looked fantastic today. That was definitely no fluke. Stanford's O is for real, and you made enough big plays on D to build and maintain separation.

Sucks for me, but it's great to see what you guys are building there. I hope you can sustain it, once Gerhart's gone.
Definitely not used to seeing USC fold like that.

Normally for Stanford any year where they can beat SC OR Cal is a good year, no matter what happens in the rest of the games. If Harbaugh stays around maybe they can build back some respectability, a la the early 70s when I was living up there and going to all the games.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey, like 'Spray is musing in the other thread, I really gotta wonder about the long term prospects of Harbaugh staying put while Michigan flounders.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:Mikey, like 'Spray is musing in the other thread, I really gotta wonder about the long term prospects of Harbaugh staying put while Michigan flounders.
Who knows what he's thinking. Maybe he likes Palo Alto. I'd move back there in a minute, if I could afford it.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey, agreed.

No idea though, as to what he's making at Stanford, versus what his total compensation package could be at Michigan. Also, one would have to wonder if his basic coaching ego would be able to resist the temptation to resurrect his storied alma mater.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:I thought it was going to be an 8-4 team for USC at the start of this year but now i think they will be 7-5. This is the worst coached USC team since Hackett was there. Malcolm Smith has Luck lined up for a 10 year loss and he just shoulder hits him allowing Luck to stay on his feet and make a play getting the ball down inside the 20. I refuse to go to any more USC games as long as Rocky Seto is the DC, this defense is horrible.
Good fans stay with their teams no matter what.

If a good fan is the type of myopic cocksucker that refers to a team that they do not play on or coach as "we" then I never hope to be a "good fan". A loyal supporter who will want whats best for the program of the school that I went to yes but an uncriticizing pathetic douche that lives vicariously through a program theyre not part of, no way. This team will be lucky to not finish this season 7-5, they have no heart, no guts and no spine. Carroll is too busy trying to be some sort of fucking saint trying to save gang bangers through is worthless foundation and not paying enough attention to the job he is PAID to do. If he doesnt get rid of Morton and Seto then he needs to go to. they are already calling him "Pete Bowden" on the USC boards, hes only a few more losses away from being "Pete Hackett"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Van wrote:
Mikey wrote:Luck continues to impress with his accuracy everything he does.
Between Locker, Masoli, Luck and Barkley the Pac 10 will definitely be loaded at QB next year.
you can scratch Barkley from that list, Mustain cant play worse than this, 3:1 int to td ratio, time to sit Barkley down
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You're pretty much an idiot.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ya' know, when "the nicest guy" on the board calls you a complete fucking 'tard... that's a fairly damning statement.

I sorta' enjoyed watching a bunch of white boys kick the living shit out of U$C in their own back yard. Nice the way that stadium emptied out with over 10 minutes left in the 4th.

So, Van... I guess this means all scenarios for U$C playing in the Rose Bowl are off the table now? Look on the bright side. You still have some hot ass cheerleaders.

Rack Stanford.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Jsc810 wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:If a good fan is the type of myopic cocksucker that refers to a team that they do not play on or coach as "we" then I never hope to be a "good fan". A loyal supporter who will want whats best for the program of the school that I went to yes but an uncriticizing pathetic douche that lives vicariously through a program theyre not part of, no way. This team will be lucky to not finish this season 7-5, they have no heart, no guts and no spine. Carroll is too busy trying to be some sort of fucking saint trying to save gang bangers through is worthless foundation and not paying enough attention to the job he is PAID to do. If he doesnt get rid of Morton and Seto then he needs to go to. they are already calling him "Pete Bowden" on the USC boards, hes only a few more losses away from being "Pete Hackett"
The guy made USC the best program in the BCS era, winning a national championship, many conference championships, and many BCS bowl games.

Now, after three losses this season, you're talking about getting of him.

You are a complete fucking tard.
Paul Hacketts teams never gave up more than 33 points until his last season when they gave up 38 twice. Pete Hackett is supposed to be a defensive coach and his team has given up 47 and 55 now in just 3 weeks. His team is uninspired, his assistant coaches are fucking lost and his team doesnt make any adjustments during the game, just line up in the same old 4-3 cover 2 with Mays 25 yards off the LOS. Seto is a fucking joke and Carrolls dumb ass made him the defensive coordinator. How many great DBs has USC produced for the NFL since Seto started coaqching the DBs? thats right, fucking none! And they get top DB recruits every year. Seto needs to commit Hari Kari as it is the only honorable thing that pile of shit can do now. What the fuck are you doing up in the press box when your squad is that lost and needs you on the sideline, how do you make adjustments way the fuck up in the box?
Carroll ran off all of the good assistants he has had cause his ego has gotten too fucking big and he only wants "yes, Pete" guys on the staff. If Carroll doesnt replace Seto, Bates and Morton, then he needs to go. The last title was 5 years ago, with the talent USC gets and the salary Carroll is paid, this years results have been unacceptable.
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Just forget all that and give up on your team. You're good at that.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

That team gave up, Im not supporting a team that has no heart. Fuck them, I hope their bus crashes
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Up til SuC gave up 55 points in a game today against the furdies...

... Cal had the record for the biggest beat down of $C.

I think the Special Children are allergic to the "San Francisco Bay Area" and education.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

SoCalTrjn wrote: I hope their bus crashes
It just did.

You were the first victim pulled from the wreckage.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mace wrote: USC folded their tents and went home early in the 2nd half and they apparently....errr obviously...have no heart.
Actually, it wasn't until the fourth quarter, when Stanford scored 27 points. SC came out in the third and scored pretty quickly to cut the lead to 7. Stanford scored again, and then SC scored another TD making it 7 again. The lead was only 7 at the end of the third quarter. The Stanford rushing attack just completely took any heart they had left by answering every score and pushing the ball down their throats, or getting first downs on Luck's scrambles. The final straw was the int return for a TD that broke the back and forth scoring and put the lead at 21.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The only thing SoCalTrjn is right about is that Seto needs to go, at least in terms of being the DC.

His nonsense about Pete running off his assistant coaches and spending too much time doing charitable work rather than coaching is just absurd, and any notion of Pete "needing to go" is so ridiculous that it must be trolling.

Yeah, Pete needs to go, to be replaced by...?

The guy's been fantastic. This year has gone into the crapper, and it's still a 7-3 season so far. They could conceivably still win ten games, even in a train wreck season.

It's nonsense. Nobody stays on top forever. This had to happen sooner or later. With the early departure of Sanchez, too many injuries to overcome on offense and too much inexperience on defense, it came this year.

They return a shitload of people next year, and they have a friendly schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see them right back at the top, but if not, Pete's earned the right to call his own shot.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

.m2 wrote:Up til SuC gave up 55 points in a game today against the furdies...

... Cal had the record for the biggest beat down of $C.

I think the Special Children are allergic to the "San Francisco Bay Area" and education.
Notre Dame beat USC 51-0 in Los Angeles in 1966, Cal has NEVER beaten USC by more than the 27 points they beat USC by in 1916. Oregon did that 2 weeks ago, for fucks sake you cant get anything right.

USC beat Cal 74-0 and thats still the most lopsided game in the series.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Van wrote:The only thing SoCalTrjn is right about is that Seto needs to go, at least in terms of being the DC.

His nonsense about Pete running off his assistant coaches and spending too much time doing charitable work rather than coaching is just absurd, and any notion of Pete "needing to go" is so ridiculous that it must be trolling.

Yeah, Pete needs to go, to be replaced by...?

The guy's been fantastic. This year has gone into the crapper, and it's still a 7-3 season so far. They could conceivably still win ten games, even in a train wreck season.

It's nonsense. Nobody stays on top forever. This had to happen sooner or later. With the early departure of Sanchez, too many injuries to overcome on offense and too much inexperience on defense, it came this year.

They return a shitload of people next year, and they have a friendly schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see them right back at the top, but if not, Pete's earned the right to call his own shot.

You kidding? Pete hasnt won a title since Chow, Davis, Pola and Orgeron left. Holt left to do the same thing for less pay at Washington than he was getting at USC, you think he did that for any reason other than being able to run his own defense? Petes ego has forced him to surround himself with nothing but lap dogs that will whatever pete asks. Where the hell has Norton been this year? You think he is less fired up because he doesnt have his great line backers or is he less fired up because a job he was in line for was given to some scab dick like Seto who does nothing but suck up to Pete better. how many DBs has USC sent to the NFL since Seto has been the DB coach? The last DB to go tot he NFL and do anythign was Troy and he left while seto was still a grad assistant cutting up game film. taylor Mays should have left last season because he has gone backwards every year since his freshman year under Setos watch. No wonder Perez transferred. All those 5 star recruits, great talents, they get Seto'd. Pete hired Bates, Morton and seto because they would do things the way Pete wants them done, they are worthless, carroll can be the greatest head coach in the world but if he surrounds himself with garbage assistants and his teams lose by 27 and 34 in games 2 weeks apart vs teams with far less talent, the problem is Pete. he can either fix it or leave, I have no interest in watching USC become Florida State with some coach that won titles before any of the current players were on the team. this team will end the year 7-6 getting totally beat down by some mid major like Fresno in the Humanitarian Bowl
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Before today....

Cal put up the most points against a SuC team in history.

52- 30 in the 90's.

And Cal players actually have to go to classes other than dance and basket weaving.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What color is the sky in hell, anyway?

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Van wrote:What color is the sky in hell, anyway?

Blue, of course.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

.m2 wrote:
Blue, of course.
That was a question aimed at SoCalTrjn, not you.

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Van wrote:
.m2 wrote:
Blue, of course.
That was a question aimed at SoCalTrjn, not you.

You do know how to direct a question... if, you're not interested in humor.

Don't you ?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

.m2 wrote:Before today....

Cal put up the most points against a SuC team in history.

52- 30 in the 90's.

And Cal players actually have to go to classes other than dance and basket weaving.

scoring the most points does not equate to the biggest beat down, point differential is. You have to go back 90+ years to find a game where Cal beat USC by as much as oregon beat the trojans by 2 weeks ago.

This Trojan team is shit, the defense sucks, the o line sucks the qb sucks and worst of all, the coaching sucks. They tackle worse than a d2 pop warner team, they get more yellow flags than a nascar race full of blind drivers and the staff is completely lost when it comes to making adjustments. I said 8-4 at the start of the year, Im saying 7-5 now and 7-6 after the Humanitarian Bowl. Fire Seto today, put Norton in charge of the defense, if he cant get them to play with heart, fire him at the end of the year when bates and Morton are fired. If Pete doesnt want to fire all of his "yes" men, fire him too