Props to Northwestern....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Props to Northwestern....

Post by Van »

"Maybe if Kirk Ferentz would just roll up his sleeves and get his team ready to play each week, since each and every game matters, he'd be able to avoid these upsets."

I kid...I kid! I'm a kidder!

Congrats to Northwestern on pulling off the upset. More congrats to Iowa, for being such a big story this season, and for giving their fans reason to dream.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

No shame.... in losing to the better team.

Those "eggheads" played down to Iowa's level.

Congrats to Iowa for keeping it close.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

.m2 wrote:No shame.... in losing to the better team.

Those "eggheads" played down to Iowa's level.

Congrats to Iowa for keeping it close.
:lol:

:shakes my head over m2's cruelty:

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Indeed. They played a near perfect game, which is no surprise. They never beat themselves when they play us. Any other game, they make all kinds of mistakes. But against Iowa, they're near perfect. Great effort by the Hawks too. They didn't quit. We just couldn't muster any offense after he went down. 18 starters are back next year and there's no way we're going to get hit with injuries like this year. It's impossible to. Now let's go beat the Buckeyes and get a conference title! Time to rally around Vandenberg. This team has made no excuses all year and gone out there and won despite the odds. So now isn't the time for them to get down. Mr. Vandenberg, this is now your team. Lead these mother fuckers to victory!!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:D

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

R-Jack wrote:Hey, props to noJ for showing up and talking ball as opposed to "drawing the shades" for two weeks and lying about a banning.
Exactimundo
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

michigan could beat iowa. i'm getting my av back.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club wrote:michigan could beat iowa. i'm getting my av back.
I think right now the only teams in the Big-10 Iowa could beat would be Michigan and Minnesota. Maybe Purdue. I really don't think we could beat anyone else without Stanzi. Maybe if we didn't have the other injuries to go along with him, but definitely not with our current situation. We normally kill the Gophers, but that's probably going to be a lot closer game than I would have expected.

It is nice to know that if we beat Ohio State, we clinch the Rose Bowl. The problem is that's going to be a monumental task. Stranger things have happened, but to think we're gonna go into The Shoe with a freshman QB and a true freshman RB (who has no backup) and win is a bit silly. Even the biggest Iowa homer can't be expecting victory.

On a positive note, we will be starting the same 5 offensive linemen for the 3rd week in a row. That's actually quite amazing.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

By the way, Iowa's cracking me up in this thread. Needed some laughs today!

Material... was stolen from a small world..

...after all.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Mace, I really hate to say this, but..........

We've got absolutely no shot to win on Saturday. We will not score a point on offense barring some fluke play like Penn State had against us on their opening drive where Spievey slipped. I think it's really cool that we would clinch the Rose Bowl with a win on Saturday, but it just isn't going to happen.

Vandenberg has played exactly 1 half of football and now he's got to go into The Shoe and win us a trip to the Rose Bowl. I would think there's a chance if we actually had some running backs and a healthy O-line. But with Wegher clearly not being ready to take 25 carries a game and having no backup behind him and with Dace Richardson out........how on earth are we going to muster up ANY offense?

If we get to 200 yards, I will consider this game a success. I think we're looking at 150 yards and maybe 3 points out of the offense. That is no joke.

We need the defense to score AT LEAST twice. I'd say maybe we could make something happen on a punt return, but we know that's not going to happen.........since we're without our top 2 punt returners. Heck, it's an adventure right now just to catch the damn punts. If we catch it and lose 7 yards, I consider the play a success.

I will say this, if Ken O'keefe gets creative, maybe we could make something happen on offense. But asking O'keefe to be creative when he's arguably the worst COACH in the history of sports is unlikely.

So what type of strategy do you have for the offense on Saturday? I think you just air it out. I really do. I know we're setting ourselves up for way too many 3 and outs by doing that, but we're gonna go 3 and out anyways quite often. We have 2 big play WR's. Ohio State will stack the box to completely shut down the run. So we'll get man coverage on the outside and maybe a couple of times you hit McNutt or DJK deep. I think you just dumb down the playbook for Vandenberg like we did Brad Banks in 2002. Don't make it too confusing for him. Play for the big play. You'll go 3 and out more often than not, but at least we've got a great punter that can change field position on his own. Ohio State's offense isn't going to do much against our defense so we should be able to afford to take some risks on offense.

It's either that or throw McNutt at QB and have him run the read option. I don't know what else we can do.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:If they win a close one....Van will call it a scabdick win.
Are you really still this clueless?

Iowa can't scabdick in the The Shoe. Scabdicking is a term reserved for teams who play horribly on their way to barely beating teams they should've killed. You can't scabdick against a team you're supposed to lose to, and Ohio St will be a very clear favorite over Iowa. Ohio St will be at least -7 against Iowa. For Iowa to beat Ohio St now, regardless of how it's done, would be known as an "upset." It might be an ugly performance, but it would still be an upset, not a scabdick win.

Iowa scabdicked against Northern Iowa, Arky St, Michigan, Michigan St and Indiana. See the difference between those teams and Ohio St? Beginning to figure this out yet?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Of course you were, you "ignorant douchebag."

:lol:

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:
scabdicking is a wholly arbitrary term. the clueless one here is the person who can't understand why no one wants to share his lexicon.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club wrote:
Van wrote:
scabdicking is a wholly arbitrary term. the clueless one here is the person who can't understand why no one wants to share his lexicon.
And yet people all over this board share the same lexicon. Practically every person on this board has used the 'scabdick' term, and it's always in reference to the same thing: a heavily favored team looking like shit and barely beating a team they should've killed.
Last edited by Van on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Iowa wasn't an underdog vs Northern Iowa, Arky St, Indiana or Michigan. If they weren't favored over Michigan St then that should tell you how little respect people have had for Iowa, if the Hawkeyes can't even be favored over a four loss team with no impressive wins.

Those were all scabdick wins.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, 'cause I'm really preoccupied with Iowa.

Dude, it's time to update your spreadsheet. I'm preoccupied with BTPCF scheduling, and the media's Ron Jeremy treatment of the SEC.

:)

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:
M Club wrote: scabdicking is a wholly arbitrary term. the clueless one here is the person who can't understand why no one wants to share his lexicon.
And yet people all over this board share the same lexicon. Practically every person on this board has used the 'scabdick' term, and it's always in reference to the same thing: a heavily favored team looking like shit and barely beating a team they should've killed.

i'll readily admit most of the time scabdick appears on this board it's used the way you define it. then again, you account for a good 85% of its use.

again, it's a term of convenience whose meaning shifts depending on how someone wants to to [1] downplay the fact a win is a win or [2] use it as 'proof' some undefeated team wouldn't stand a chance against their one-loss team. "ja, your team is undefeated, but scabdick scabdick scabdick...we've won all our games by 700, aside from that one we didn't even win, but scabdick scabdick."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Perhaps it's just fun to type 'scabdick'?

:D

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

or pull scabs off a dick.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Just so long as they were well earned.

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I've always defined scabdick as a winning a game that could've or should've been a loss. But I guess you could narrow it down to getting lucky in averting an upset.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Danimal is the dude who brought the term to the board, if I'm remembering correctly
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.