Hey, kids! It's time to play...2009 OOC schedules!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Hey, kids! It's time to play...2009 OOC schedules!

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:
Van wrote:Huh? Texas and OU each still play six home games. They play five roadies and the RRS. Same with Florida and Georgia and their Cocktail Party game.

6-5-1. Their neutral site games are very cool so they get to keep their six home games and they get to only have to do five true roadies. Bully for them.
Van,

Without getting into all the math, you can't have 6-6 schedules for everyone else and allow Texas, OU, Georgia, and Florida to play a neutral site game and still have 6 home games. If the teams that play neutral site games still get a 6th home game, then someone else has to lose a home game.

So, again, do you do away with the neutral site games or do you pick a few teams to lose a home game?
the RRS is a home game for one of the schools OU or UT every year, it's not considered a "neutral site" game. it's considered just "as if" one year it was played in Norman and the following year in Austin and so on like any other conference divisional rotation.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dins, go back through the thread and you'll see where PSU differentiates between true state schools and "state related but NOT state schools."

That was his definition.

I merely followed up on that differentiation by using Arizona St vs Arizona, Washington St vs Washington, Oregon St vs Oregon and UCLA and Cal vs something like Fresno St.

Lefty, explain to me why a scant few teams playing neutral site games would mean that anyone has to give up one of their six home games.

Seems to me that those neutral site games are merely preventing a few teams from having to play six true roadies. The home games are unaffected.

Also...WGARA? The numbers involved are so small that the overall benefit of mandated 6-6 schedules (with 6-5-1 exceptions for neutral site games) far outweighs any other possible scheduling issues.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

the RRS is a home game for one of the schools OU or UT every year, it's not considered a "neutral site" game. it's considered just "as if" one year it was played in Norman and the following year in Austin and so on like any other conference divisional rotation.
Works for me. Call it 6-6 by alternating the "home team," even though it's really 6-5-1.

I just don't see any problem here.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:
Works for me. Call it 6-6 by alternating the "home team," even though it's really 6-5-1.

I just don't see any problem here.
now, it's also 5-6-1 for the "visiting" team as well...for instance, last year, Ut played 3 conference road games (and the RRS as it's 4th). While OU, as the RRS "home team" played 4 other conference road games.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Very true, and equally fine by me. They (and we) get the benefit of the neutral site game. They also get the benefit of one more or one less "home/road" game.

The reality is it's a 6-5-1 schedule or 5-6-1 schedule, however you want to look at it. It's still labeled a 6-6 schedule. Neither team will ever play more than true six home games or six true road games.

Everyone wins.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Van wrote:Talking to Killian in another thread, it prompted me to go look up the 2009 Texas schedule. I needed to find out the date of the RRS.

While I was looking it up I also checked out the rest of their schedule...

Well, jesus fuck.

Texas

Louisiana Monroe
at Wyoming
Central Florida
Texas El Paso

That is just hideous.
It's a very shit schedule thanks to Arkansas and Utah dropping us. Monroe and Wyoming were late adds, we also tried to add Wisconsin but those weenies wouldn't do it either.
Fuck off, you whiny little bitch. Wisconsin didn't agree to it because Texas wouldn't give up a home game in one of the two years.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I was also impressed the way MSU bullied WMU into dropping their "home game" at Ford Field
As long as you're getting your shit pushed in, you might as well rake in some more cayshe out of the deal.
Now if anyone should be able to follow this logic, it's Screwball.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Van wrote:Might WSU be able to pull off something similar now?
Dinsdale wrote:I dunno -- how many ultra-wealthy alums does Wazzu have? There has to be some, I would think.

Paul Allen (Dropped out after two years to start some business with some computer dork friend of his from Seattle. WSU still claims him as an alum and he has always accepted the tag.) A lot of Wazzu peeps wish Paul Allen would go all Phil Knight with WSU athletics. He's quietly splashed it around campus, but nothing like UO's Unle Phil. Still, alumni money is coming in. THe stadium is undergoing a multi-phase facelift and donors came to the rescue last year with the AD's special Fund For Basketball Excellence where money brought in to help give Tony Bennett a nice extension and keep his salary competitive enough.

Dinsdale wrote:Isn't that what all this bigtime athletics stuff comes down to? Once you have money, you simply need to relax your integrity, and boom... you have a program.
Well it looks like Wazzu's got the right man for the job! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3900871 (Commentary: Wulff has too many graduate assistant coaches at Eastern Washington but Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo . . . nevermind.)

Things will rebound at WSU cause they always have. WSU never had a 30 year drought like OSU, they've just had a bunch of smaller ones. It's always been cyclical. Never a depression but multiple recessions. Remember it was only earlier this decade that they had 3 10 win seasons. They beat a USC team with Carson Palmer and Troy Palamalu and a Texas team with Vince Young (albeit a Freshman) and Roy WIlliams. If you count Ryan Leaf's team (which was RIGHT THERE with MNC Michigan) they had 4 ten win season in 7 years, and two Rose Bowl appearances in 6 years.

The current downturn has been worse than prior ones because of poor recruiting by nice guy but in over his head Bill Doba (Never hire the longtime loyal assistant.)

WSU is still the last team not named USC to win the Pac-10 title.
Van wrote:Hopefully for Wazzou this guy...

...has really deep pockets.
Unfortunately I lost a bunch of the loot during the jump. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:

yeah.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/cham ... acten.html
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Let's not forget Cal. Sure, they don't win conference titles or compete for national championships,

Get your head outta your ass.... you fuckin' hillbilly.

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Blueblood wrote:

yeah.

Yeah, I forgot about ASU's technical co-championship. USC was still the designated tie-breaker champion that year, as was WSU when they co-champed with USC in '02.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Blueblood wrote:

yeah.

Yeah, I forgot about ASU's technical co-championship. USC was still the designated tie-breaker champion that year, as was WSU when they co-champed with USC in '02.

Pssst... look a year before that... say, 2006 ???

Blueblood
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Van wrote:
Lefty, explain to me why a scant few teams playing neutral site games would mean that anyone has to give up one of their six home games.

Seems to me that those neutral site games are merely preventing a few teams from having to play six true roadies. The home games are unaffected.

Also...WGARA? The numbers involved are so small that the overall benefit of mandated 6-6 schedules (with 6-5-1 exceptions for neutral site games) far outweighs any other possible scheduling issues.

Van,

My only point was to show that if you allow neutral site games they you can't have true 6-6 schedules. The math is crazy if you want me to actually show the proof.

This is all a pie in the sky discussion anyway. Rather than trying to adjust the bottom line funding why not move to eliminate the D1-AA schools from the schedules? Now to make that happen you are going to have to hold schools to their signed contracts. When schools pay a fee to cancel contracted games only 10 / 12 months prior to the game, the other team often only has D1-AA schools available.

King,

Yeah, I know how the RRS is set. That is why OU only had three Big XII games in Norman last year and why Texas has only three Big XII games in Austin this year. My point was that it isn't a zero sum game.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Blueblood wrote:
Let's not forget Cal. Sure, they don't win conference titles or compete for national championships,

Get your head outta your ass.... you fuckin' hillbilly.

the truth
You're hanging your hat on two co-conference championships in 50 years, both of which you LOST to the other co-champ that same season (UCLA in '75 and USC in '06)?

A'ight. :bode: Kal. :meds:

Troll on.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Kal has had one great team in those 50 years, unfortunately for them, Washingtons team that year was just better, won the National Title.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:
Van wrote:Talking to Killian in another thread, it prompted me to go look up the 2009 Texas schedule. I needed to find out the date of the RRS.

While I was looking it up I also checked out the rest of their schedule...

Well, jesus fuck.

Texas

Louisiana Monroe
at Wyoming
Central Florida
Texas El Paso

That is just hideous.
It's a very shit schedule thanks to Arkansas and Utah dropping us. Monroe and Wyoming were late adds, we also tried to add Wisconsin but those weenies wouldn't do it either.
Fuck off, you whiny little bitch. Wisconsin didn't agree to it because Texas wouldn't give up a home game in one of the two years.
Wait, your saying Texas agreed to go to Laramie WY to play the cowboys, but wouldn't agree to go to Madison WI? I'm calling Bullshit and I'm doing it because I know we offered a straight up deal home and home deal and it was turned down. At the very lease Texas would have offered a two for one deal.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:The current downturn has been worse than prior ones because of poor recruiting by nice guy but in over his head Bill Doba

I'm hesitant to "go there," but...

I think Wazzu and OS have a similar problem...

They're both in locations that any black kid in his right mind wouldn't want to live.

I'm not a black football prospect, so I can only speculate... but if I was said potential recruit, I think I'd rather live in Eugene, Seattle, Berkeley, LA, or any other PAC10 city, rather than be known by the nickname "Spot."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:
Q, West Coast Style wrote:The current downturn has been worse than prior ones because of poor recruiting by nice guy but in over his head Bill Doba

I'm hesitant to "go there," but...

I think Wazzu and OS have a similar problem...

They're both in locations that any black kid in his right mind wouldn't want to live.

I'm not a black football prospect, so I can only speculate... but if I was said potential recruit, I think I'd rather live in Eugene, Seattle, Berkeley, LA, or any other PAC10 city, rather than be known by the nickname "Spot."

That's always been the rap. Wazzu has tried to get ahead of the ball on that in the past with good, then bad results in basketball. Hired George Ravelling as the first black head b-ball coach in the Pac-10 and had success. Then later hired Kelvin Sampson and also had success. After White Bread Kevin Eastment was fired in 1999, they they hired the personality-deficiant Paul Graham I'm sure largely because the program had had success with black coaches. Tony Bennett has got the program back on track, but not with a stockpile of, well, "athletes". All though to his credit he seems to get enough to compliment his "fundementally sound, hard working" players. (I kid just a bit, Kyle Weaver was as hard working and fundamentally sound as anyone on the WSU roster even while he was one of the only "athletes.")

In football, Pullman may be a harder sell to some in the city. The key is to go after the moms who want their boys outta the hood and in a family atmosphere. Dennis Erickson and Mike PRice played that card pretty well and Paul Wulff seems to be also. I don't think Doba was charming or committed enough to work that angle.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Dennis Erickson

He had the same success in Beandiptown... by absolutely turning a blind eye to the character deficiencies of his recruits (sup Richard Seigler, at al).
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:

He had the same success in Beandiptown... by absolutely turning a blind eye to the character deficiencies of his recruits (sup Richard Seigler, at al).
Ken Simonton's "Pat Down" of TJ Housh' during the Fiesta Bowl still ranks as my favorite end zone celebration of all time.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Herman Ho Ching was a saint?

Didnt Washington State get that safety from Los Al a couple years ago? He was the #1 safety by miles on the west coast then just as the playoffs started he was expelled from Los Alamitos for selling drugs.
I cant remember his name right now
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

SoCalTrjn wrote:Herman Ho Ching was a saint?

Didnt Washington State get that safety from Los Al a couple years ago? He was the #1 safety by miles on the west coast then just as the playoffs started he was expelled from Los Alamitos for selling drugs.
I cant remember his name right now
Randy Estes

BTW HUGE props for the Herman Ho Ching reset!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:BTW HUGE props for the Herman Ho Ching reset!

FUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:

FUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude liked his kind bud too. Really liked it.
Patrick Bateman
Jake

Post by Patrick Bateman »

Paul Allen (Dropped out after two years to start some business with some computer dork friend of his from Seattle. WSU still claims him as an alum and he has always accepted the tag.)
Actually, I believe he was part of that whole Yale thing.
Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

What Yale thing?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Paul Allen (Dropped out after two years to start some business with some computer dork friend of his from Seattle. WSU still claims him as an alum and he has always accepted the tag.)
Actually, I believe he was part of that whole Yale thing.
Paul Gardner Allen was born in Seattle, Washington, to parents Kenneth S. Allen, an associate director of the University of Washington libraries, and Faye G. Allen, in January 21, 1953.[7] Allen attended Lakeside School, a private school in Seattle, and befriended Bill Gates, who was two years his junior but shared a common enthusiasm for computers.[8] They used Lakeside's teletype terminal to develop their programming skills on several time-sharing computer systems.[9] After graduation Allen attended Washington State University and was an active member in Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity.[9] He dropped out after two years in order to work as a programmer for Honeywell in Boston, which placed him near his old friend again.[9] Allen later convinced Gates to drop out of Harvard University in order to create Microsoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Allen

Yeah, what Yale thing?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Dinsdale wrote:

that dipshit. i've always pulled for the ducks and went to the msu half of their home-and-home. oregon was driving to win the game when that fat loser handed off to amp lee and let him run it back for a td, presumably because he felt bad lee had a broken neck.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dude liked his kind bud too. Really liked it.
Making him different from any other recruit that moved cross-country to play for O... how?

You do realize the blind eye to weed is one of their best recruiting tools, right?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yeah, what Yale thing?
Closet homosexual who did a lot of blow.
Patrick Bateman
Jake

Post by Patrick Bateman »

Am I being cross-examined?
Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Patrick Bateman wrote:Am I being cross-examined?
Do you feel you are?

Not really.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Huey Lewis and the News. Just picked it up today. Great stuff. Do you like him?

shakes head

Not a music fan?

I am, just...Huey's a little too BALCK sounding for me.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Dinsdale wrote:

Let's not forget his most significant success with that approach . . . at Goldtooph.

In fairness to Erickson, though, he wasn't the one who originated that approach at Goldtooph.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Wait, your saying Texas agreed to go to Laramie WY to play the cowboys, but wouldn't agree to go to Madison WI? I'm calling Bullshit and I'm doing it because I know we offered a straight up deal home and home deal and it was turned down. At the very lease Texas would have offered a two for one deal.[/quote]

You offered a 2 for 1 to major BCS conference opponent... I'd give tejass the finger as well.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.