Props Bevo

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Props Bevo

Post by Moby Dick »

will Mack kiss Colt like he did with VY in 05??
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Class as always.

Sorry to see guys like 33 go out that way.

Mack's biggest recruiting win will be getting Colt back.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Left Seater wrote:Class as always.

How will that be a recruitin win? Yeah, I know obviously it's a big boost to have him back. But that dude's gonna be lucky to even hold a clipboard in the NFL. Bradford's the only NFL QB that league's got. Maybe Freeman, though he's a bit unpolished.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Jon, I don't give a crap about his NFL potential. Nor do I care what Pryor will be in the NFL or if you called VY as a bust in the pros. The guy is still in college and is a hell of a college QB.

If you want to talk about their NFL potential take it to the NFL board where more are likely to care.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:Jon, I don't give a crap about his NFL potential.

Oh, didn't you hear? Texas is playing for a Super Bowl berth.

He's just running the Jonsense because Iowa has 84 QBs going in the first round.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I forgot about Iowa's 22 first rounders from a few years ago.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Rack 88, as always.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

props to texas
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Great game. You had it all. 2 great teams, tradition, hard fought, and a great ending.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

PROPS to BEVO......we had pizza instead of its grilling...

Great Game and Good WIN HORNFan
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

88 wrote:Don't rack me.
Fine.

I'll just laugh @ the vest, then, for being so "original" in his play calling ... bwaahaha

Condolences.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote:I'll just laugh @ the vest, then, for being so "original" in his play calling ... bwaahaha
I'd say making sure no LB or safety was anywhere near the middle of the play is something I've never seen tried in a big game before.

Doesn't get much more "original" than that.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Not to mention typical Big 10/11 conservatism.

Mack Brown went for it on 4th down, how many times?

Talk to me, tOSU Fan.

The Vest had a chance early to go for the jugular, but once again just adjusted his sweater and said, "Great job, guys. Great job!"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Left Seater wrote:Jon, I don't give a crap about his NFL potential. Nor do I care what Pryor will be in the NFL or if you called VY as a bust in the pros. The guy is still in college and is a hell of a college QB.

If you want to talk about their NFL potential take it to the NFL board where more are likely to care.
perhaps the point is that he doesn't have the potential to warrant leaving early, which means he'll be playing college football next year. correct forum.

osu played a traditional michigan-type game: impressive early drives that ended in nothing but fg attempts. i also like that the vest pretends pryor has the tools to be a traditional qb. stop kidding yourself and let the fucker run.
Last edited by M Club on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Going for the ball on that last td was a costly mistake. Make the tackle and force Texas to earn those last yards.

Props to tOSU on making it a close game. Props to Texas on avoiding being another 'bama.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

TheJON wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Class as always.

How will that be a recruitin win? Yeah, I know obviously it's a big boost to have him back. But that dude's gonna be lucky to even hold a clipboard in the NFL. Bradford's the only NFL QB that league's got. Maybe Freeman, though he's a bit unpolished.
And what makes you think that? The kid has the size at 6'2 he is fast as hell, He is accurate, strong arm, he knows how to read defenses and he is a winner.

I have serious doubts about Bradford, he faced two good defenses this year and since he has been the starter he has had serious talent around him. No one really knows what he is going to be like on the next level because he hasn't had to work very hard on this level. He has an NFL oline an NFL set of receivers and a NFL running back.

BTW Colt is coming back
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Danimal wrote:Props to Texas on avoiding being another 'bama.
Dude, tOSU did everything they could to become another 'bama.

1. Can't pass -- Check.
2. Can't adjust -- Check.
3. Won't take risks when ahead -- Check.
4. Can't win a game when behind by 2 scores -- Check.

Unrack Texas for not beating the fuck out of yet another predicatably boring tOSU team, with a shitload of talent, and a pathetically conservative coaching staff.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

First off yes Rack the Horns, their program, and fans...class all the way...

Second, I am not sure what is worse...a blow out or losing this close...hmmm

Third, I made the same comment that RadioFan brought up...can our offense score a fucking TD...then they score 2.

Fourth, again untimely mistakes - Roughing the passer (although the 2nd one was helmet to shoulder but you play on), a false start with 3rd and 2 down in the red zone, etc.

Fifth, the defense was on the field damn near the whole 3rd quarter...they were spent...and while they needed to step up and make a play on the last drive props to Colt and the Horns for making the plays they needed.

Sixth, if you are going to bllitz like that make sure your back 4 can tackle or keep guys in front of them...the last play...uh FUCK...

And again not SCORING TD's hurt OSU...get a TD in the first quarter instead of a FG and tie game headed to OT...or maybe it changes complexion and OSU wins...great season Horns, and OSU has some serious talent they just need to FUCKING USE IT...get your head out of your ass you sweater vested MIDGET.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It was a fine exhibition by both teams...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote:perhaps the point is that he doesn't have the potential to warrant leaving early
I know you're poking fun, but...

There's also that bit about him not being eligible for the NFL yet.

Something about some rules, or something... ask that one tOSU RB guy about that... if you can find him.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
M Club wrote:perhaps the point is that he doesn't have the potential to warrant leaving early

Something about some rules, or something... ask that one tOSU RB guy about that... if you can find him.
He played in 2006 as a red-shirt freshaman. He's got three seasons in. He is a 4th-year junior. How is he not eligible?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

He played in 2006 as a red-shirt freshaman. He's got three seasons in. He is a 4th-year junior. How is he not eligible?

M Club wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Jon, I don't give a crap about his NFL potential. Nor do I care what Pryor will be in the NFL or if you called VY as a bust in the pros. The guy is still in college and is a hell of a college QB.

perhaps the point is that he doesn't have the potential to warrant leaving early, which means he'll be playing college football next year. correct forum.

osu played a traditional michigan-type game: impressive early drives that ended in nothing but fg attempts. i also like that the vest pretends pryor has the tools to be a traditional qb. stop kidding yourself and let the fucker run.

You must be confusing him with some other Pryor.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

if you followed the thread:
leftseater wrote:Mack's biggest recruiting win will be getting Colt back.
jon wrote:How will that be a recruitin win? Yeah, I know obviously it's a big boost to have him back. But that dude's gonna be lucky to even hold a clipboard in the NFL. Bradford's the only NFL QB that league's got. Maybe Freeman, though he's a bit unpolished.
leftseater wrote:Jon, I don't give a crap about his NFL potential. Nor do I care what Pryor will be in the NFL or if you called VY as a bust in the pros. The guy is still in college and is a hell of a college QB.
m club wrote:perhaps the point is that he doesn't have the potential to warrant leaving early, which means he'll be playing college football next year. correct forum.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote:if you followed the thread:
Between both McCoy and Pryor being refered to as "he," it was actually pretty tough.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
M Club wrote:if you followed the thread:
Between both McCoy and Pryor being refered to as "he," it was actually pretty tough.
Not for those of us who read and speak English, and take the time to read before we start to speak.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

My point was simply that it's not a recruiting victory for Mack Brown because it's a lock for McCoy to come back. He has no shot in the NFL. Maybe as a backup, but that's it. It's great for Texas to have him back, he's a great college QB. But Mack didn't have to do anything to get him to stay. He knew he wasn't going to the league.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

88 wrote:I don't like Mack Brown, but he's a winner.
LALALALALALALALALALALAICAN'THEARYOULALALALALALALALALA!

Sin,
Congrats, Wags. Good win.