2006 Pickem Champion

ATL-AZ

Post by peter dragon »

l to r Atlanta QB Matt Ryan
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: ATL-AZ

Post by Shoalzie »

42 yards from Michael Turner didn't help either...

EDIT--Fuck Millen...that is all.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Shoalzie wrote: EDIT--Fuck Millen...that is all.
He sure came off humble and taking responsibility today, didn't he? :lol:

He actually sucks worse as a commentator than he does as an NFL GM, if you can believe it.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: EDIT--Fuck Millen...that is all.
He sure came off humble and taking responsibility today, didn't he? :lol:

He actually sucks worse as a commentator than he does as an NFL GM, if you can believe it.

I missed most of the pregame...didn't hear what he might've said early on. That son of a bitch stayed quiet all 8 years and put us through hell up here. I'll never look at him the same way again. I liked him at FOX but all goodwill is beyond gone. He's arguably the greatest villian in Detroit sports history...maybe next to Old Man Ford.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Great season for the birds. Two young players come basically out of nowhere and carry the team to unexpected success. This only bodes well for the future. I believe I told you at the beginning of the season that you'd love Turner.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:42 yards from Michael Turner didn't help either...

Did you see the bit where Millen kept repeating how important offensive and defensive lines were? I was expecting to hear news reports of riots breaking out in the Detroit area after he dispensed that bit of trivia..
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Papa Willie wrote:
peter dragon wrote:Image

l to r Atlanta QB Matt Ryan

He's a fucking rookie.

Let's help y'all out a little:

Falcons without Ryan & Turner this year: 3 wins
With: 11 wins

Although I figured the 'Coons would have won today, I don't think anybody expected the Cards to run the ball and play defense like they did.

Most Falcon fans expected 3 wins this year. I was completely happy with anything over 7 wins. 11 wins and in the playoffs was just sick as shit.

Going to be very interesting to see what Dimitroff does with our defense in the off-season. Should be fun.....
big poppa,
I wasnt saying he or the falcons had a bad season, only that he was choking the game away against what is understood as the weakest team in the playoffs. hey i only wish my team had a chance to go to the playoffs and lose to AZ. lol

who-dey!
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I thought this was by far the easiest bet of the entire NFL season and post season for that matter. Vegas was really fucking with people on this one by having the line swing from 2 to 2 point favorites on both sides. I would've take the Cardinals either way because having not played a home playoff game for so many years, you had to know they were going to treat as if it was their Super Bowl. Rack the Cards for showing up and playing a lot better than they had in prior weeks leading up to yesterday.

Hats off to Mike Smith and the Falcons for turing in a great season. I hope they keep it together and play just as well for years to come. It's good to see them turn the corner ever since the Vick fiasco.

Here's to the Cardinals showing up and making a game out of it next week against Carolina or NYG.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BSmack wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:42 yards from Michael Turner didn't help either...

Did you see the bit where Millen kept repeating how important offensive and defensive lines were? I was expecting to hear news reports of riots breaking out in the Detroit area after he dispensed that bit of trivia..

That phony...the hell with him. I have to hope that he didn't poison Mayhew too much. Everyone up here is gripping at the idea that Mayhew is just a Millen clone.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RumpleForeskin wrote: Here's to the Cardinals showing up and making a game out of it next week against Carolina or NYG.
I laffed.

The game won't even have a morning line because NFL point spreads don't go above 13-1/2.

Any if it does have anything less of a spread, bet the farm on it.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Millen "takes rap" for 0-16
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Gee, don't you think you should take the rap for the other 7 years as well? That fool doesn't get it. It would've taken an 0-16 for him to fire himself? I can understand pride will keep you from quitting but pride should also kick in when you're the worst GM ever and you've got an angry mob of a fan base calling for your head for a half-dozen years or so. Anything he says on TV that contradicts what he tried to do in Detroit will just make me hate him more. If he ever goes back in the booth, I'm never watching those games...even if it involved the Lions. He committed career suicide with his work in Detroit.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

War Wagon wrote:The game won't even have a morning line because NFL point spreads don't go above 13-1/2.

Any if it does have anything less of a spread, bet the farm on it.
Not that I'm a Card's fan...I'm not, however Wags, you do remember that Arizona played Carolina a close game this season, losing 27-23. If there is one east coast team they might actually beat, it's the Panthers.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Papa Willie wrote:
I know this sounds sick, but I'd actually love to see the Cards win. Panther fans are total cuntfaces (at least most I've encountered).

Agreed. Fuck Panther fans. Whenever they have a year like this, they always rub jizzloads all over themselves. Plus if the 'Tards can pull this off by somehow playing good defense like they did last week, they can get that NFC title shit at home if the Eagles win theirs.