Radio report: Shannahan FIRED!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Cuda
IKYABWAI

Radio report: Shannahan FIRED!

Post by Cuda »

developing...
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Radio report: Shannahan FIRED!

Post by War Wagon »

NFW....

We'll trade you for Herm.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

the report is unconfirmed so far.

If true, it's a shocker. I'm not the only one who was sure Shanny must have had pictures of Pat Bowlen dressed up like Little Bo Peep. Maybe it was all just a bluff?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:NFW....
way
Pat Bowlen wrote:Denver Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen today relieved Mike Shanahan from his position as Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach of the National Football League team, effective immediately.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen issued the following statement: "After giving this careful consideration, I have concluded that a change in our football operations is in the best interests of the Denver Broncos. This is certainly a difficult decision, but one that I feel must be made and which will ultimately be in the best interests of all concerned.”

Bowlen added, “I appreciate the 21 years that Mike Shanahan has given to the organization as an assistant and head coach, and the two Super Bowl wins in that time. His contributions hold a special place in Broncos history.”

Pat Bowlen will hold a press conference at the Denver Broncos’ headquarters on Wednesday at 11 a.m., and Mike Shanahan will meet the press shortly thereafter.
from Denverbroncos.com

can't say I'm sorry
get out, get out while there's still time
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

somewhere, Dan Reevs is laughing right now
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Wow. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Rat.

Herm just lost his lunch and he won't be having dinner.

Time to pass him this way... this will be like AFC West incest.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

My advice, Herm, is to start drinking. Heavily.

Odds on how long he's out of a job:

Less that 3 weeks: 5/2
More than 3 weeks: 50-1

...our new head coach, that is.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

not taking anything away from Shannahan, he's got a great football mind

the injuries to Denver were simply ridiculous and nothing he could control....but-Denver has become stale and frankly this year I haven't cared much....I think I'm typical of many Denver fans, just nothing to get excited about

Denver's record at Mile High this year was attrocious, but the "three game lead with three to play" meltdown was the straw that broke the camels back.....

Bill Cowher, pick-up the phone
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

RACK the fucking Raiders for having a hand in not ONLY Shannarat's axing, but Mangina's as well.

We may have only won 5 fucking games this season, but 3 of them had a massive impact on those teams. If the Jets, Bucs, or Donks would have beat us, they would all be in the playoffs and this wouldnt even be a discussion right now. Tampon could complete the circle by firing Chucky's bitch ass and making this offseason downright hilarious.

So, who does Broncofan want as the next coach?

Better yet, who do they think will BE thier next coach?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Wags I knew I could count on you. Im heading home about an hour ago when I heard the news. First thing that popped into my mind, was the number of dipshits wanting the rat to come to KC. Thigpen aint horse face. Fuck the rat.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

kcdave wrote:Thigpen aint horse face.
Thigpen is a back-up, period.

But both Stafford and Bradford are out there... maybe even Tebow or McCoy.

Hey, I just want to see Herm gone. Whatever helps that agenda.

Long time no post, dave... so what do you want to see happen, exactly? Pretty easy to say who you don't want.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:Wanna see some heads REALLY spin? What if Al hires Shanny? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That would be the mind-fuck of all mind-fucks there. :D
I hear the leading contender for the Raiders gig is Kevin Gilbride. I wonder how freakin cool having one of Buddy's kids on his staff would be for him.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

BSmack wrote: I hear the leading contender for the Raiders gig is Kevin Gilbride. I wonder how freakin cool having one of Buddy's kids on his staff would be for him.
Leading contender? Shut your pock marked, 5 foot nothing 250 pound smurfette ass up, you pathetic fucking whiney twat. You know dick, just like the rest of us not named Alcula. Rob Ryan is also free to go, as his contract is now done and he will not be retained, dumbfuck.

Any other stains you'd like to rub your blown out dinner dumper on the submit button to? Dont bother, nobody gives 2 smooth, wet fucks what the hell your bloated ass that has never touched a fucking football thinks. Cunt.

For the record, it has just been reported that Mike fucking Martz is now openly campaigning for the Raider gig.

Any Donk fans wanna chime in and let us know who you'd like to get?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

My concern is landing a new GM at this point. I want Herm gone, and one day he will be. Maybe not this year, but that would be fine with me. This year, next year, whatever. Hell, im still celebrating the fact that King Carl is no more. Anywho, I let it be known back in September, Id like Marty back. Coach or GM, but not both. But doesnt like either will happen. Im good with whatever Clark gives us. Cant be any worse than what we have had.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BSmack wrote:I hear the leading contender for the Raiders gig is Kevin Gilbride. I wonder how freakin cool having one of Buddy's kids on his staff would be for him.
I doubt if it will be Gilbride to Oakland.

It's my view that Al will stick with Cable (with G. Knapp booted and an upgrade at O-Coordinator) if he can't land what is perceived to be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Cable.

Martz would be interesting and it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if he ended up with the Oakland job.

But my hunch right now is that Cable will retain the job.

I dunno.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

As for the Rat, I suspect he'll try to worm his way in somewhere where a BIG TIME qb is in place, so that he can gravy train his way to some success.

Post-Elway, Rat won 1 division title in 10 years and had a 1-4 playoff record.

Fire up the gravy train.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

kcdave wrote:Id like Marty back.
Are you fucking crazy? You slam Carl, but then want to recycle one of his dinosaurs... hell, might as well go after Vermeil... or Goonther. No, I'd keep Herm before going that route.
Im good with whatever Clark gives us. Cant be any worse than what we have had.
Huh?

I'm not interested in "can't be any worse".... I want a winner, and I want it right. fucking. now.

Shanarat can't be any worse then, right? Two SuperBowls out front shoulda' told ya'. The man is a proven winner and knows how to manage a game, especially at the end. He doesn't play not to lose.

Sure, his tenure at Dungver has grown stale and worn out. He just needs to find himself in a new situation and by god, KC and Arrowhead is that situation. You don't think Gonzo would salivate over the chance to play for the Rat?

Maybe you're just one of those fans bitter over the numerous knifes that sumbitch has stuck in our heart over the years. Get the fuck over it.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
It's my view that Al will stick with Cable (with G. Knapp booted and an upgrade at O-Coordinator) if he can't land what is perceived to be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Cable.

Martz would be interesting and it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if he ended up with the Oakland job.

I dunno.
How would this Raiders hiring process be any different than the last 3 or so?

You guys already forget how many candidates withdrew from consideration after talking with Al?
It finally came down to who would take the job and all the shit that went with it - namely Al making all the personnel decisions.

Hey - I can feel your pain - 20 years of it.

Lucky for us, the biggest clog to success has finally been flushed.

Can't say the same for Oakland
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

This may sound absurd, but I think Shanny will end up in San Diego:

IF Norv loses this game on Saturday. He'll want to go a team with high talent.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Has Gruden worn out his welcome in Tampa yet? Chuckie might be just what the Donks need
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:
poptart wrote:

I dunno.
How would this Raiders hiring process be any different than the last 3 or so?
The only difference is that this time there is no official opening, unless Al MAKES an opening.

Cable has not been fired.

But yeah, it's pretty much the same dealie.

Al will posture and pretend that the Raider job is highly sought after.
And he'll pretend to himself that people believe him when he pretends that way.
And Jim Otto will come in and change Al's diaper twice a day.

And Al will hire some slappie.
And then he'll say something about 1976.
And say "greatness" a few times.

And Raider fans will fall in love again.

And 16 months later there will be some new lawsuit ... and 3 or 4 wins mixed in.

It's lookin' good.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Any chance Jim Fassell ends up in Denver? He was QB coach there and I think o-coordinator for a little bit. It won't be Wade Phillips because he's pencilled in for next year in Dallas.

How about Brian Billick? I think he will take the Browns job just to try and jam the Ravens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Any chance Jim Fassell ends up in Denver? He was QB coach there and I think o-coordinator for a little bit. It won't be Wade Phillips because he's pencilled in for next year in Dallas.

How about Brian Billick? I think he will take the Browns job just to try and jam the Ravens.
Brian Billick is the perfect Browns coach. He would immediately take all the sympathy I have for the Browns and turn it into pure, unadulterated HATE. Rivalries make sports, so bring it on Learner.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

BSmack wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Any chance Jim Fassell ends up in Denver? He was QB coach there and I think o-coordinator for a little bit. It won't be Wade Phillips because he's pencilled in for next year in Dallas.

Brian Billick is the perfect Browns coach. He would immediately take all the sympathy I have for the Browns and turn it into pure, unadulterated HATE. Rivalries make sports, so bring it on Learner.
why the FURK Not....might as well add ShannaRAT to the List too.

Silver Spike protuding from my Heart says WHAT??????????????

FUCK'EM--->u can't BEAT THEM???

Hire Them
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RJ wrote:
Any Donk fans wanna chime in and let us know who you'd like to get?
Josh McDaniel

the broncos also need to replace a GM

Scott Pioli would be a great choice, and that could potentially lure Kirk Ferentz with him-not a bad combination

Cowher- because of he's defense minded and that's what Denver needs DEFENSE
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Any chance Jim Fassell ends up in Denver?

god I hope not
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

The one item I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is who gets the Dungver job?

It's probably one of the sweeter gigs in the NFL.

The offense is decent, so I'm thinking it needs someone with kick ass defensive attitude.

Forget Cowher, but what about Steve Spagnuolo for the position? He seems like a good fit for a team in deparate need of a defensive mind.

I'm also thinking one of these teams take a chance on Leslie Frazier next season.

The one thing firing that I am shocked hasn't happened at this point is Marvin Lewis. Why is he getting a pass this season? It's obvious he has lost control of his players.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RumpleForeskin wrote:The one item I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is who gets the Dungver job?
RJ asked this twice... in this thread.

Pay the fuck attention you cock smoking, jizz snorkeling faggot.

Obviously, the mule contingent here doesn't care.
Last edited by War Wagon on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Asking is different than speculating you white trash hobo.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RJ wrote:For the record, it has just been reported that Mike fucking Martz is now openly campaigning for the Raider gig.
Please, if there is a God, let Mike Martz be named Raiders HC. That would be hilarious.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BSmack wrote:
RJ wrote:For the record, it has just been reported that Mike fucking Martz is now openly campaigning for the Raider gig.
Please, if there is a God, let Mike Martz be named Raiders HC. That would be hilarious.

Martz and Al wouldn't co-exist. Martz isn't puppet material.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

To answer James' questions, I think it'll be Cowher to Dungver.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Felix wrote:Josh McDaniel

the broncos also need to replace a GM

Scott Pioli would be a great choice
:x

Cool. Maybe you can hire Romeo Crennel as the D coordinator and Charlie Weiss can be your offensive coordinator next year when ND fires him. Ohhhh! I hear Matt Walsh is available if you need a team photographer. Raid the NE cupboards much. fucker?

Dude... just because a former Patriot scout (Dimitroff) helped turn around the Falcons this year, doesn't mean all things Patriots means success.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:
BSmack wrote:
They just need to co-exist long enough to sign a contract. After that, let the hilarity ensue. Because if ever there are two guys born to ruin each other, it is Martz and Davis.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

poptart wrote:To answer James' questions, I think it'll be Cowher to Dungver.
I'm thinking the same thing. Cowher said just the day before I believe that he didn't want the Jets job (maybe another team?) because he wouldn't get a say in player personnel. Denver has proven they will give that to Shannahan and would probably give it to Cowher just to get him in.

My question is would Shannahan have been fired had Cowher not been showing interest in coming back?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:
My question is would Shannahan have been fired had Cowher not been showing interest in coming back?

yep....after the three up with three to play fiasco (never acheived in the entire history of the NFL) I think the writing was on the wall

again, the Broncos have become mundane to even the most ardent Denver fans....they lack continuity (which could be largely solved by finding a feature running back) in the offense and the defense has been neglected for too long...again, the number of injuries Denver sustained this year was fucking absurd (all three starting linebackers were gone by week 6), but injuries are part of the game and Denver's shit defense was indicative of some poor choices on Shannahan's part (installing Bob Slowik as defensive coordinator among the most egregious of those piss poor choices)

I really wish him well, but in all honesty, change was needed

Parcell's became available when Wayne Huizinga decided to sell the Dolphins, so that possibility exists as well

now that Cowher is out of the running at NY, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Denver sidelines either
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

War Wagon wrote:Are you fucking crazy? You slam Carl, but then want to recycle one of his dinosaurs... hell, might as well go after Vermeil... or Goonther. No, I'd keep Herm before going that route.
Wags, other than maybe age and a propensity for crying at the drop of a hat, what is wrong with Vermeil? Not that the guy is going to come back, but at least he has a Super Bowl victory on his resume. His tenures with both the Eagles and Rams were solid. That old dog might just still have some life left in him. Hell, I would certainly welcome his return to the Lambs (minus Martz!) over Haslett or anyone else on their staff.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:now that Cowher is out of the running at NY, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Denver sidelines either
Can you imagine Cowher telling Cutler and Marshall that he plans on running the ball 35-40 times a game?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
Can you imagine Cowher telling Cutler and Marshall that he plans on running the ball 35-40 times a game?

it would never happen...at least not til they got a FEATURE RUNNING BACK that wasn't splitting time with four other guys

Elway had Terrell Davis and that seemed to work out okay
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
BSmack wrote:

it would never happen...at least not til they got a FEATURE RUNNING BACK that wasn't splitting time with four other guys

Elway had Terrell Davis and that seemed to work out okay
Cowher has been known to run an RBBC. And Payton Hillis (assuming he rehabs OK) is just the kind of back Cowher loves anyway.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Shoalzie wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Exactly. It'll be Jim Harbaugh.

Martz will wind up as the offensive coordinator somewhere. I just don't envision dude ever getting a crack at being a head coach again unless it's some bullshit like Seattle. But it looks like Jim Mora Jr. will be the head man there next year. Same goes for Herman Edwards- he'll never be a head coach in the NFL again. Also on that list- Jim Haslett.