Re: Projected BCS Bowl Games

Post by RumpleForeskin »

If Florida beats 'Bama and OU beats Mizzou...this is how I think it should be:

MNC: Oklahoma vs Florida
Rose: USC vs. Penn State
Fiesta: Utah vs. Cincinatti
Sugar: Alabama vs. Texas
Orange: Boston College vs Texas Tech

Ohio State should not get an at-large over Tech. No fucking way.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Over Texas Tech? Why not?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Tech has one loss against the #2 team in the nation and they have a better winning percentage against ranked opponents. They also played in a tougher conference and still amassed a better record than OSU. It's not even debatable.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Justice would be MIZZOU beating OU. Then TT could play in the Cotton Bowl and OU could go to the Gator or the Holiday Bowl. I would love to see a match up of OU vs Cal.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Harvdog wrote: I would love to see a match up of OU vs Cal.
I'd love it!!!

Nothing would make me happier than showing the OVERRATED Big 12... what a Defense looks like.

Cal held Oregon's explosive offense to 16 points... and held $C to 3 points with 3 minutes to go in the game.

It also held Oregon State to 7 points on offense.

OU held Okie State to 41 points.... while the worst team in College football(Washington State) held the same Okie State team to 39 points.

Cal would ass-fuck that "gimmick" offense and shit defense into tomorrow.

The only games which teams scored points on Cal... was when our pick 6 machine(nate longshore) was in the game.

The irony here is that, unlike the Rose Bowl in 2004, Mack the Brown-noser had a legitimate case for his team being in this year's Big 12 championship game. After all, Texas beat OU at a neutral site.

What is most delicious about this is that Brown and Texas led OU in the standings all the way, except for vote that counted. Just as happened to Cal.

It must be heartbreaking.

Ooooh, this feels good.

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

when is cal going to get to play with the big boys in the bcs?
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote:when is cal going to get to play with the big boys in the bcs?
When they don't play in the same conference with the best team in College football...

Is this brain surgery here ???

Outside of the Tejas "miracle".... when was the last time $C lost to a OOC team ???

Hell, they beat you by 30 points this year.... and you'll probably end up in a BCS game.

Starting to make sense.... tards ???

the truth
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

88 wrote:According to CBS Sportsline:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... redictions

MNC: Oklahoma vs. Florida
Fiesta: //Texas vs. Ohio State
Sugar: Alabama vs. Utah
Orange: Boston College vs. Cincinnati

Not bad. Seems unfair to Boise State, though.

Ya think ????

They went undefeated.... and beat OU in a BCS game.... in the past.

Yet, osu goes to a bcs game once again.... after getting blown out by $C.

weird shit, there.

Can't wait for Ohio State to play Cal....

...are you guys still trying to back out of that game ???

the truth
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Papa Willie wrote:
.m2 wrote:
Harvdog wrote: I would love to see a match up of OU vs Cal.
I'd love it!!!

Nothing would make me happier than showing the OVERRATED Big 12... what a Defense looks like.

Cal held Oregon's explosive offense to 16 points... and held $C to 3 points with 3 minutes to go in the game.

It also held Oregon State to 7 points on offense.

OU held Okie State to 41 points.... while the worst team in College football(Washington State) held the same Okie State team to 39 points.

Cal would ass-fuck that "gimmick" offense and shit defense into tomorrow.

The only games which teams scored points on Cal... was when our pick 6 machine(nate longshore) was in the game.

The irony here is that, unlike the Rose Bowl in 2004, Mack the Brown-noser had a legitimate case for his team being in this year's Big 12 championship game. After all, Texas beat OU at a neutral site.

What is most delicious about this is that Brown and Texas led OU in the standings all the way, except for vote that counted. Just as happened to Cal.

It must be heartbreaking.

Ooooh, this feels good.

the truth

The OU/Cal line would be 35. I would take OU and 45. You're a stupid cunt, Milton.

You live in Georgia....

... nobody gives a shit what you think.

Cal would hold Georgia to 0 points and would walk away laughing....

the truth
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Papa Willie wrote:Milton - you need to understand that Cal is about as important over here as....... Slippery Rock or Yale. They're not really considered to be a very good football school.

Please accept this and move on.....

And no - UGA would stomp Cal in the ground. I honestly think Auburn could keep up with Cal this year - and that's not saying shit.
Cal would ass fuck Georgia.... and it would be called off after about 10 minutes with Alburn.

SEC doesn't play with the speed and power of the PAC 10.

Didn't you get BEAT by south florida last year????

...and Oregon beat the same team by 50 or something last year ???

the truth
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

your track record isn't very impressive when predicting cal wins.

real impressive, that pac 10:

best team lost to oregon state.
second best team lost to boise state at home.
third best team lost to utah. oh, and was butcher raped by penn state, of big ten fame.
fourth best team is cal, which tells you all you need to know about the pac 10.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

.m2 wrote:
peter dragon wrote:when is cal going to get to play with the big boys in the bcs?
When they don't play in the same conference with the best team in College football...

Outside of the Tejas "miracle".... when was the last time $C lost to a OOC team ???

Hell, they beat you by 30 points this year.... and you'll probably end up in a BCS game.

the truth

So by your logic because cal plays in the conference with the best team in College football this some how give Cal a pass for never having played in a BCS game?

Funny.. they keep adding BCS games and OSU has been invited to more than any team except for FSU. Which if OSU gets the invite they will hold the all time record of number of times played in a BCS game. and one of only 9 teams with a winning record (2 or more BCS games) at 4-2.

Back to Cal, whats the excuse now? each conference can have up to 2 teams playing in a BCS game. Yet Cal has never been asked. and will yet again, be left out of the mix. Hell, Washington, Washington State and your brother Stanford have all played in BCS games. Where is cal?

oh i know playing in the Emerald Nut bowl again. suckas!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

peter dragon wrote:
.m2 wrote:

the truth

So by your logic because cal plays in the conference with the best team in College football this some how give Cal a pass for never having played in a BCS game?

Funny.. they keep adding BCS games and OSU has been invited to more than any team except for FSU. Which if OSU gets the invite they will hold the all time record of number of times played in a BCS game. and one of only 9 teams with a winning record (2 or more BCS games) at 4-2.

Back to Cal, whats the excuse now? each conference can have up to 2 teams playing in a BCS game. Yet Cal has never been asked. and will yet again, be left out of the mix. Hell, Washington, Washington State and your brother Stanford have all played in BCS games. Where is cal?

oh i know playing in the Emerald Nut bowl again. suckas!

You were blown out by 40 against $C this year.... and will play in a BCS game....

I'll pass on the company you play and hang with...

Sin,

PAC 10
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

.m2 wrote:
You were blown out by 40 against $C this year.... and will play in a BCS game....

I'll pass on the company you play and hang with...

Sin,

PAC 10
Correction, I was at home watching the game on TV.

as for what that has to do with OSU getting a BCS bid and Cal once again being left out, Ill never know. but thats the .m2 way. duck and cover..
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

ahh i found the reason Cal wont be invited to the BCS.. its that pesky loss to a 7-5 Maryland team. its losses like that, that keep a team out of the BCS.

some day Cal will be a condender like they were back in the 90's... err 80's... err 70's... err 60's... err.. what was it the 20's?

bwa!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

M Club wrote:your track record isn't very impressive when predicting cal wins.

third best team lost to utah. oh, and was butcher raped by penn state, of big ten fame.
so are you saying that USC wont beat Penn State?
wager?
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

SoCalTrjn wrote:

wager?

I want to see USC play PSU at a neutral site.. like IOWA.. or Ann Arbor.. some place nice and fucking cold.. and not in USC's back fucking yard..

but I think USC lays the wood to PSU and wins going away..
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

88 wrote:According to CBS Sportsline:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... redictions

MNC: Oklahoma vs. Florida
Fiesta: Texas vs. Ohio State
Sugar: Alabama vs. Utah
Orange: Boston College vs. Cincinnati

Not bad. Seems unfair to Boise State, though.
Obviously, this assumes that BC beats Va Tech, and I can't yet get my brain wrapped around that game. Other than that, those are pretty much the schools I see being there.

One change I would make is to swap out Utah and Ohio State. Yeah, the Fiesta Bowl gets to pick its at-large bid ahead of the Sugar Bowl, and tOSU is more appealing than Utah. I'm not exactly sure how ticket allotment works, but sending Utah to the Sugar Bowl could result in a lot of empty seats at the Sugar Bowl. Utah obviously would travel much better to the Fiesta.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

88 wrote:Not bad. Seems unfair to Boise State, though.
until Boise State gets out of the WAC, they'll continue to suffer from severe strength of schedule syndrome...

while the top-end of the WAC conference (BSU, Nevada, Fresno, SJSU) is decent enough, the bottom end (Idaho, NMSU, Utah State) are the dregs of college football....hopefully the Mountain West will rectify their oversight a few years back and expand the conference once again.....
get out, get out while there's still time
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

hey renfairooolio...no OSU is not backing out douche...

in fact can't wait to visit that Shithole known as Berkeley...good lord too bad pryor won't be around to fucking buttfuck cal in the mouth...

oh and you play in the conference with the best team in football...but let's just say you only had ONE loss to that team and finished a season 11-1 for once...perhaps the Pac 1 might get an at large BCS team no?
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
One change I would make is to swap out Utah and Ohio State. Yeah, the Fiesta Bowl gets to pick its at-large bid ahead of the Sugar Bowl, and tOSU is more appealing than Utah. I'm not exactly sure how ticket allotment works, but sending Utah to the Sugar Bowl could result in a lot of empty seats at the Sugar Bowl. Utah obviously would travel much better to the Fiesta.
The number of fans a team brings has way less to do with the selection process than the number of viewers who would tune in. I seriously doubt the Sugar Bowl would be in any danger of not selling out. It sold out last year with Hawai'i, and it's probably safe to assume that Hawai'i travels worse than just about any FBS team, just based on their location. The teams involved would really only affect the bottom line of the secondary ticket market (i.e. scalpers). The main reason the Fiesta will jump on Ohio St. is because they known way more casual fans will tune in for Texas/OSU than they would for Texas/Utah or Texas/Boise St. More viewers = higher ad rates. Attendance has little, if anything, to do with it.
"Keys, woman!"
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
peter dragon wrote: Funny.. they keep adding BCS games and OSU has been invited to more than any team except for FSU. Which if OSU gets the invite they will hold the all time record of number of times played in a BCS game.
(ahem)

2000 Orange Bowl
2002 Rose Bowl
2003 Sugar Bowl
2004 Orange Bowl
2006 Fiesta Bowl
2007 Fiesta Bowl

That's six by my count, the same as tOSU.

my apologies.. how did i over look that? jesus.. sorry..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

SEC doesn't play with the speed and power of the PAC 10.
:lol:

Sure, given the right time zone and a couple of espressos, the Pac 10 is faster and more powerful than EVERYONE. Start the game "too early", though, and even a perennial nobody like Maryland can keelhaul them...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

peter dragon wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:
peter dragon wrote: Funny.. they keep adding BCS games and OSU has been invited to more than any team except for FSU. Which if OSU gets the invite they will hold the all time record of number of times played in a BCS game.
(ahem)

2000 Orange Bowl W
2002 Rose Bowl W
2003 Sugar Bowl L
2004 Orange Bowl L
2006 Fiesta Bowl L
2007 Fiesta Bowl L

That's six by my count, the same as tOSU.

my apologies.. how did i over look that? jesus.. sorry..
ummmmm

2002 Orange W 38-17 vs Iowa
2003 Rose W 28-14 vs Michigan
2004 Orange W 55-19 vs Oklahoma
2005 Rose L 38-41 Texas
2006 Rose W 32-18 Michigan
2007 Rose W 49-17 Illionos
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

SoCalTrjn wrote:

wager?
what i'm saying is it's amusing to think cal would win the big 12 when better teams from its own conference wouldn't win the wac or mtn west, let alone the big ten.

i really don't know what to make of usc. yes, they're one of the better teams in the country, but i'm no steve to suggest they're head and shoulders above the rest. they play in the pac 10, which, if you haven't noticed, pretty much sucks. i'll go with conventional wisdom and say they'll beat psu, but part of that conventional wisdom comes from watching them beat up on cal and the state of washington and thinking there's no way these guys could ever lose.

besides, what if they somehow win the mnc? how would you explain to all your other bandwagon friends how you abandoned sc three games in to the season?