Bonds shuttin' it down?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Bonds shuttin' it down?

Post by Shoalzie »

I've been listening to Dan Patrick this afternoon...Barry gave a short presser not too long ago where he said he wants to sit for a while because he's "tired". He gave a few blasts to the media while he was at it.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

good. he knows the world would be rustered if he passed the Babe while on the juice.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2018994

Eat a dick Barry. I'm glad this peice of shit is finally melting. Stricter 'roiod testing, injuries setting in, HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
You talk about jumping off a bridge, do us all a favor and use that orange one in your backyard :evil:
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

How the fuck can he be tired? He's a GD baseball player. Go get a real job and work real hours you asshole before you complain to those of us in the real world that you're tired......shit Barry, I'm tired too. Tired of you and your antics. I for one hope you tear apart your knee and can't ever play again so you don't pass the Babe.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Laxplayer wrote:How the fuck can he be tired? He's a GD baseball player. Go get a real job and work real hours you asshole before you complain to those of us in the real world that you're tired......shit Barry, I'm tired too. Tired of you and your antics. I for one hope you tear apart your knee and can't ever play again so you don't pass the Babe.

RACK!

With McGwire's "I know nothing" defense at the Senate hearings and Bonds' constant skirting of the issues...it's harder and harder to ever want to feel sympathy for them if they admit they used the stuff. Don't get me wrong, they won't get any sympathy from me personally but in the public eye, these two look like broken men that are afraid to tell the truth and instead act out in different ways. McGwire wants to crawl in a hole and hide and Bonds wants to blame everyone else. Both of them can go to hell.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Here's my favorite part:

"I really don't have much to say anymore," Bonds said. "My son and I just going to enjoy life. My family's tired. You guys [the media] wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got there.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted to bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. Do the best I can, that's about it."

When asked if there was something specific he was talking about, Bonds said, "Inner hurt, physical, mentally. Done. I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying. Tired."

:lol:

Boo-fucking-hoo!
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Yeah, like the media singled him out. What an arrogant fuck. Take your kid and go fuck yourself Barry. What the hell is he so tired from? It's not like he does anything. Maybe since he's been off the juice his body is reacting to not having it which is making him more fatigued. I hate this SOB and hope.........(insert catostrophic injury here).......
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Laxplayer wrote:I hate this SOB and hope.........(insert catostrophic injury here).......
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin,
Frisco's 2nd Round Fantasy Pick
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

That's why I never pick him. First of all I don't know if you can figure out, I don't like him and second of all the juice can cause injuries....look at Kevin Brown.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Re: Bonds shuttin' it down?

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:I've been listening to Dan Patrick this afternoon...Barry gave a short presser not too long ago where he said he wants to sit for a while because he's "tired". He gave a few blasts to the media while he was at it.

Sure he's tired. He's tired of all the stress,and preasure of being exposed as a fraud. He doesnt deserve Aarons record,and it looks like he wont get it. BTW were those crutches in the shape of hypodermic needles? He,McGwire,Sheffield,and the rest of the roid crew can go fuck themselves.

Bonds blames everyone but the person who is really at fault,himself.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

Post by Russ from SacTown »

Sorry haters, he'll probably be back before you know it.

(Trainer) Conte said on Monday that it should take about six weeks for Bonds to rehab from the last surgery. Bonds also had surgery to clean his left kneecap just after the end of the 2004 season, which he finished with 703 lifetime homers, 11 behind Babe Ruth's 714 and 52 behind Hank Aaron's all-time record of 755.

Conte also intimated that Bonds rushed his rehab and that this time, "We're not going to put him on the field until the knee is ready. Not when he's ready, but when the knee is ready."

On Tuesday, Conte didn't back off his original assessment, saying after an examination and rehab session that Bonds was progessing nicely.

"His knee looked the way we expected," Conte said. "I suspect he'll progress as knee patients do. It looks OK. He went through the regular rehab six days out of surgery."

The Giants are scheduled to open the season in San Francisco against the Dodgers on April 5. It will be the start of Bonds' 20th Major League season and for the first time, Bonds undoubtedly won't be in the Opening Day lineup.

If everything goes according to plan on Conte's schedule, Bonds probably won't be able to play until May 1. The primary concern now is getting Bonds back on the field permanently this season, without further setbacks or interruptions.
Go Giants!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Russ from SacTown wrote:Sorry haters, he'll probably be back before you know it.

I know you're a GiantFan and he's your boy but how can you ignore what is out there?

I too agree he'll be back. He made a drama queen speech today but he loves the game too much to leave like that. He'll get healthy and come back sometime...no sure of when but he'll be playing again.
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

Barry won't shut it down. They just caught him on a day with his guard down. I think dude really is tired. Tired of all of all of the press, tired of the injury setbacks, etc.

As Rome would say, he probably just needs some time in the basement. He's going to use a lot of this B.S. as motivation to get back on the field as soon as he's physically able to. Watch and see. 8)
Go Giants!!
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

I said he probably really was tired and they caught him with his guard down. I said he's tired of the press. Among other things (ie: injuries keeping him off the field). Did I say it was the media's fault 100%? He's probably more irritated that "the media" is now more like National Enquirer, acquiring SEALED grand jury testimony and filtering it out various media channels.
Go Giants!!
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

He's tired of the press. I tell you what Giant fan.....if someone wants to pay me that kind of money you can bother me 24-7. It's part of the job. If I don't like grading papers then I shouldn't be a teacher. If I don't like dealing with parents then I shouldn't be a teacher etc....Barry, if you don't like dealing with the press...who are just doing their job then fucking quit and disappear forever. The only people that will miss you are Giant fans.
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

Barry will be back. Like I said, they caught him on a day with his guard down.
Go Giants!!
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

His guard was down? What a crock of shit. He should expect tough questions by now. He's a whiny prima donna bitch. We know he'll be back because he has no life other than baseball. He needs the game.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Well maybe if he just came clean then they wouldn't be all over him. You get what you ask for.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

What a whiney bitch, what a hard job it is to make $15 mil per season.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

http://cbs.sportsline.com/index?bonds3poll032205

50% for retirement
another 24% for not breaking the record

75% totally against Bonds

Not surprising and highly RACKable.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Here's a letter I just sent off to a couple of newspapers here in So. Cal.

Dear Barry,

We’re sorry you’re so tired. We apologize for trying to find out the truth. It must be very taxing on you to only have to work 162 days a year playing a child’s game making more money than most fans would in multiple lifetimes. We all know how physically grueling baseball is. All those times you have to walk to first base, trot around the bases. Heck once in a while you might have to actually run after something. That’s got to take its toll on you. Not to mention during the off season you have to go to the gym to work out. Most of us would love to have enough time to work out, but we have REAL jobs that don’t pay as well as yours. God knows cashing those checks has to be stressful too. I feel equally bad for your son and what he has to go through the rest of his life. Knowing that he won’t ever have to work, or put forth any effort in anything has to make his stress level go through the roof. Maybe it’s the fans that are tired. We’re tired of your piss poor attitude, tired of your arrogance, tired of your disrespect towards baseball and its fans, tired of the lies. Do us a favor and please retire. You’re not worth it Barry.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

word perfect
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Why thank you rozy......
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

rozy wrote:word perfect
Agreed-[yankssuck] Rack Mr. Lacrosse![/yankssuck]
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

oh boo-freaking-hoo, Barry.

the MLB is a much better place without you and your 'roids.

good riddance.