Paging Season Over Troll?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Paging Season Over Troll?

Post by RumpleForeskin »

If the Astros are any indicator of what the Texans are going to do for the remainder of the season, then I am seriously going to fall into a deep depression. After hurricane Ike blew through here, the Astros have since gone 0-4 while scoring all of five runs in those four contests.

A few Texans players actually suffered quite a bit of damage to their homes, Reliant Stadium took a hit, they are starting the season off by playing 3 road games in a row, and they will not have a bye week for the next 15 weeks of the season. The odds are definitely stacked against them. Even when they do return back home for their "first" home game, it might be played at Rice Stadium.

Add all that up and I think the Texans are looking down the barrell of a 5-11 season. Alls I know is Houston sports have taken a turn for the worse. This city needs something to rally around now that the Astros have shit the bed. I hope the Texans can be the ignition switch to getting this city back to the pre-Ike days.

I hope.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Paging Season Over Troll?

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

people actually care about sports in houston? uhm… why? the best thing houston can hope for is the game's best player and/or team retiring again and perhaps they can "win" another title...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:A few Texans players actually suffered quite a bit of damage to their homes, Reliant Stadium took a hit, they are starting the season off by playing 3 road games in a row, and they will not have a bye week for the next 15 weeks of the season.
They just had a bye week. And if you’re talking about the Texans, you could have called for the Season Over Troll about two months ago.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Not much of a bye week considering the circumstances. I mean, how often do teams spend their bye week waiting out a hurricane, then removing trees from their master bedroom, and without power for the most part? Some fucking bye week.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Goober McTuber wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:A few Texans players actually suffered quite a bit of damage to their homes, Reliant Stadium took a hit, they are starting the season off by playing 3 road games in a row, and they will not have a bye week for the next 15 weeks of the season.
They just had a bye week. And if you’re talking about the Texans, you could have called for the Season Over Troll about two months ago.
The word "next" gives you that much trouble?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

shhh, rozy. We don't want to deprive Goobs of his role.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

rozy wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
The word "next" gives you that much trouble?
I don't believe any other teams gets two bye weeks. After the Lions, Colts, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants and Seahawks get a bye in two weeks, they won't get another bye week for 13 weeks. Waaah.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Rumps and rozy Wildcard weekend: "Yup. Gots our first bye week since Da Storm."
Rumps and rozy Divisional weekend: "Dad gum. We gots another bye week agin. Dats two in a row!"
Rumps and rozy Conf Finals weekend: "Well, rope me a steer and make me yer daddy.... How come we aint playin dis week? Bye week?"
Rumps and rozy Super Bowl weekend: "Hog tie my sister and fuck my uncle... I thought fer sure we'd be playin' dis week.! Gots ourselves another bye week."

It's called the off-season, 'Necks. Your shit franschise will have one every week after the regular season ends until Week 1 the following season... until the end of time.