Let's talk Chiefs-Patriots, shall we?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Let's talk Chiefs-Patriots, shall we?

Post by RevLimiter »

OK PatriotFan....exactly how badly are your boys going to throttle mine? The Vegas spread is currently at 16.5, and we know who's favored. :oops: :doh:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Re: Let's talk Chiefs-Patriots, shall we?

Post by DallasFanatic »

Thankfully my auto-draft picked up Tom Brady since it couldn't pick up anyone else worth a shit. He should be all I need to win in Week 1. Chiefs gets their asses handed to them.

Pats - 49
Chiefs 10
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Questions linger about NE's OL, cornerback, and outside LB positions. I hope they have these potential problems solved in October when they actually start playing teams worth a shit.

NE -- 40
Chefs -- Is it possible to score negative pts?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Chefs -- Is it possible to score negative pts?
Ouch.

Fortunately, it isn't. Zero expectations.

I won't even try to gloss this in any positive manner. The best result will be if Croyle tosses 6 interceptions and then gets a career ending injury just before halftime. This is Todd Blackledge incarnate, 'cept he probably won't be able to snag a job later as a CFB analyst.

In other news, the Chiefs are wanting to sell the naming rights to ARROWHEAD stadium.

Just kill me. Put me out of my misery. It doesn't get any worse than this.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Early season games tend to be not as friendly to offenses as they are defenses.
And with Brady missing preseason action and the Pats offense not really in sync, I can't see them dropping 40+ on KC.
Nope, not at all.

I'd look for a NE win by a score of about ... 24-10.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Early season games tend to be not as friendly to offenses as they are defenses.
And with Brady missing preseason action and the Pats offense not really in sync, I can't see them dropping 40+ on KC.
Nope, not at all.

I'd look for a NE win by a score of about ... 24-10.

Do you plan on backing up your bullshit statement about early season offenses? I bet if you looked at last year, the teams with really great offenses (NE, DAL, IND) scored early and often. Furthermore, I recall two teams (none of the above, btw) putting up 50+ in Sept last year. In one of these games, there was almost 100 pts scored for the game. It all about the teams and the match-ups. Doesn't matter what week it is. Your statement is shit and you know it...

Lastly, douche... Moss and Brady spent exactly zero minutes playing pre-season games together last year and that didn't really affect them, did it? With NE, we're talking about bunch of Pro-Bowl players who've been in the league a while. They don't need to play in meaningless games at 3/4 speed to have their timing down. They get plenty of time in practice. It's all they need. You wouldn't know that... being a fan of a pathetic team with a shit offense and shit players. Or maybe you forget that fact. It's been a while since you had a deece offense. Either way, I don't care.

Class is over. Consider yourself schooled, 'tard.

Dismissed.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It must suck ass to get out of bed pissed off every morning.

Not to mention, DUMB as a box o' rocks.

Looking back over the past three seasons, we see these stats:

average points per NFL game - 43.4
avg. pts. per week one game - 38.0

average points per NFL game - 41.3
avg. pts. per week one game - 34.7

average points per NFL game - 41.2
avg. pts. per week one game - 38.4

And just to rub salt in your bleeding asshole, I'll be happy to revisit this thread after Sunday, when your beloved NE Cheatriots score closer to 24 than 40.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

You still don't get it,'tard. We're (at least... I am) discussing teams with great offenses. I referenced NE, DAL, and IND last year for a reason. How many points did they put up week 1 last year? You can't apply blanket statements for the rest of the league with regard to teams with powerful offenses. Okay. The teams with suspect offenses work out the kinks in the early stages of the season. Bully for you. How does this apply to the team we're talking about? The Patriots are categorically not a work in progress. You want to impress me, stat boy, get me the top 5 scoring teams the last 5 years. Give me their PPG avg for the season, and then give me give me their PPG average for September. I want to the see this upward trending you're talking about. Furthermore, as hinted, I believe the games are more about the match-ups. KC, with their anemic offense and dreadful head coach, are rolling into Foxboro. Not the other way around. This is the first game after the most disappointing game in NE history. They will want to stick it to KC so bad they can taste it. You do know all of this, right? KC can't block for shit. Brodie Croyle under center? Pfffffffttttt.... Forget my earlier prediction. NE -- 77 KC -- 2 (Belichick has a moment of weakness and instructs Brady to take a game ending safety.)

Btw -- I wake up happy. I go to bed happy. This is my happy NFL Forum face. Motherfucker… can't you see me smiling?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

While I have no grandiose ideas about the Chiefs having any chance whatsoever to win this football game against arguably the best top to bottom football team in the entire NF of L, I do however think that they will have a better then average chance of running the ball up and down the field on them.

I like Larry Johnson's chances of getting 100+yards and a TD or two on the Pats' D, and I REALLY REALLY want Chan Gailey to let Brodie Croyle drop back and fire a few balls deep into the Pats' secondary, as they look to be an unmitigated disaster so far. They REALLY should've just paid Asante Samuel the money and stayed the course with guys like Randall Gay....but they didn't and Terrence Wheatley/Ellis Hobbs have been getting LIT UP. Unfortunately, D-Bowe and Tony G. comprise our capable pass catchers, and I'm fairly sure that Hoodie knows how to deal with them. I'll call it-

Patriots- 38
Chiefs- 17
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

I'm with Poptart on this one. The Patriots win. If I was a betting man I'd take the Chiefs and the 16.5.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Pats by 47.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:While I have no grandiose ideas about the Chiefs having any chance whatsoever to win this football game against arguably the best top to bottom football team in the entire NF of L, I do however think that they will have a better then average chance of running the ball up and down the field on them.

I like Larry Johnson's chances of getting 100+yards and a TD or two on the Pats' D, and I REALLY REALLY want Chan Gailey to let Brodie Croyle drop back and fire a few balls deep into the Pats' secondary, as they look to be an unmitigated disaster so far. They REALLY should've just paid Asante Samuel the money and stayed the course with guys like Randall Gay....but they didn't and Terrence Wheatley/Ellis Hobbs have been getting LIT UP. Unfortunately, D-Bowe and Tony G. comprise our capable pass catchers, and I'm fairly sure that Hoodie knows how to deal with them. I'll call it-

Patriots- 38
Chiefs- 17
That was a well written, coherent and lucid take. Where did you copy it from?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:While I have no grandiose ideas about the Chiefs having any chance whatsoever to win this football game against arguably the best top to bottom football team in the entire NF of L, I do however think that they will have a better then average chance of running the ball up and down the field on them.

Patriots- 38
Chiefs- 17
Start checking all of the Chiefs' message boards. You'll find it.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:

Patriots- 38
Chiefs- 17
Maybe I did....and maybe I DIDN'T copy it. Either way, good luck finding it.

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

R-Jack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote: good luck finding it.
No need to search. The two complete paragraphs with three-syllable words included coming from the guy who used to have his takes written for him is pretty much all the proof anyone needs.

I really don't care anymore. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Since you don't plan on leaving anytime soon, I think I speak for everyone when I say that you don't plagiarize enough.
TRANSLATION: You just rolled snake-eyes.

Wet-Brained Fucktard, have a legit take about the Chiefs/Patriots game, or step off.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RevLimiter wrote:TRANSLATION: You just rolled snake-eyes.

Grandiose
Unmitigated
Comprise

Sure, Paul. Either you picked a good week to studying the dictionary, or... who the fuck am I kidding?? We all know you copied that post, capitalized a couple of key words, and added your own personal touch

"and I'm fairly sure that Hoodie knows how to deal with them. I'll call it-

Patriots- 38
Chiefs- 17"

for good measure. The guy who wrote the preceding portion of your post would have typed out "fairly certain", not "fairly sure." Fairly sure is stupid-speak... it has no flow = KCFuckTard. Tell me I am wrong...
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Well bitches, did I C&P it from somewhere or NOT? If you can't figure it out then DROP IT and stick to the topic at hand.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RevLimiter wrote:good luck finding it.
Aw, c'mon Paul. Give us a hint. This could be fun, sorta' like an Easter egg hunt.... and YOU get to hide the eggs.

Getting warm?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:
Aw, c'mon Paul. Give us a hint. This could be fun, sorta' like an Easter egg hunt.... and YOU get to hide the eggs.

Getting warm?
LMAO....not even close. :lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ucunt, stats on the Pats for the past 7 years since they won their first Super Bowl show that they have averaged 25.7 pts a game over that time frame.

In season opening games during that time span they have averaged 23 pts.

Don't call me out unless you know your shit, shit.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

And their record setting numbers LAST YEAR inflate their 7 year average. Furthermore, you're comparing a 112 game average to a 7 game average. That is fucking retarded. If anything, you should be comparing their Sept averages (you did say early season games in your opening shit post, NOT the FIRST game of the season ONLY, right?) to their season averages each season. You don't shit about quantatative analysis. Get back to me when you get a clue.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

lol

You're a complete nutcase, aren't you?

I said, "Early season games tend to be not as friendly to offenses as they are defenses."

You moaned and said for me to back that up.

I've now backed it up with two different sets of stats.

What I spoke is the truth of the matter.

But it's not good enough for you.

Do your own research on it, dick, and while you're at it, research pulling your head out of your ass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ok, September games last year ...

average points per game in week 1 - 38.0
average points per game in week 2 - 43.4
average points per game in week 3 - 46.9

first three week avg. - 42.6
year average - 43.4

Let's try 2006 ...

week 1 - 34.7
week 2 - 36.8
week 3 - 41.6

first three week avg. - 37.7
year average - 41.3

Let's look at 2005, since this is so fun and educational. lol

week 1 - 38.4
week 2 - 35.3
week 3 - 45.4

first three week avg. - 39.7
year average - 41.2

Scoring average for the early games was BELOW the yearly average in each of the past three seasons.

Statistical data has now FOR THE THIRD TIME backed up my simple statement.

Are you going to cry some more, or is this enough?

Fucking PWNED!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

In my first response in this thread, I referenced teams with great offenses and how they fared early on compared to their season averages. Go back and read it. It's there. The fact that you've yet to address this issue numerous shit posts later and also did a 7 year apples to oranges comparison on the Patriots scoring (dumb, because save for last year I wouldn't have associated their offense with the term "great"...but you go, boy) tells me you are an imbecile of the highest order. Futhermore, sock puppet, I have a Sig Bet with canibus over whether or not I can have you fetch me even more meaningless stats. You are officially Denney Terrio's bitch. Dance...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:If you can't figure it out then DROP IT and stick to the topic at hand.
Stick to the topic at hand? You mean like you did in this thread, you FAT fucking RETARD?

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =3&t=29045
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yes, keep moving those goalposts, ucunt.

It'll work out for you eventually.

If not, you can take your ball and go home.

lol
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

Getting warm?
LMAO....not even close. :lol:
Thanks for the tacit admission of plagiarism.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Patriots O-line worries me somewhat and so does their less than inspiring effort level during the preseason. I hope that they can flip the switch now that the games count. Either way, the Pats win:

Patriots 23

Chiefs 13
Go Patriots! ! ! !
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

17 points. WOW!

Do the math now, ucunt, and
find out why you're owned.

40 - 17 = ....

bwaaaaa hahahaha
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Class is over. Consider yourself schooled, 'tard.

Dismissed.
Nice work, Horshak.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

It took NE losing their record setting QB and franchise player to do it… but 'tard finally got something right in this thread. Congrats, bro. You are a prognosticator extardinaire.

To Chef Fan attempting to pile on… how fucking embarrassing is it to lose to a QB who hasn't had a starting gig since high school. Eat a dick, Wags. We may be without Brady, but as the saying goes, "At least I am not KC."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:It took NE losing their record setting QB and franchise player to do it… but 'tard finally got something right in this thread.
It wouldn't have mattered if Brady had played the whole game, they weren't going to cover the spread, much less put up 40 points on the Chiefs defense yesterday. He looked tentative, fragile, and immobile from the first snap until his ACL got snapped.

That game was a dropped pass off Dwayne "Hands of Stone" Bowe in the endzone from going to overtime.

As for being embarrassed by losing to Cassell, why don't you ask Peyton how embarrasing it is to lose to Kyle Orton. At Home.

Or don't, because there's a lot more to a game than just the QB.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:As for being embarrassed by losing to Cassell, why don't you ask Peyton how embarrasing it is to lose to Kyle Orton.
"I know I am but what is Indy????" The more KC retorts change, the more they stay the same, eh?

At least Orton has some post High School starts… both in college and the NFL.
Last edited by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

RevLimiter wrote:I like Larry Johnson's chances of getting 100+yards and a TD or two on the Pats' D,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

War Wagon wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:It took NE losing their record setting QB and franchise player to do it… but 'tard finally got something right in this thread.
It wouldn't have mattered if Brady had played the whole game, they weren't going to cover the spread, much less put up 40 points on the Chiefs defense yesterday. He looked tentative, fragile, and immobile from the first snap until his ACL got snapped.

That game was a dropped pass off Dwayne "Hands of Stone" Bowe in the endzone from going to overtime.

As for being embarrassed by losing to Cassell, why don't you ask Peyton how embarrasing it is to lose to Kyle Orton. At Home.

Or don't, because there's a lot more to a game than just the QB.
Didn't Brady have 76 yards of passing in half a quarter?

Seems like he was just getting himself into a rhythm. 40 points was not out of the question prior to his knee getting injured.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I guess now we find out how good Belichick really is. His record without Brady as his QB is downright dreadful. Not sure of his career record, but in NE it's 5-13 without Brady starting the game. I've never really felt comfortable with all the whole "In Bill we trust" mantra that my fellow Patriot fans espouse. I've heard and read it about a million times over the last 7 years...... The saying has always given me the douchechills. I can not and will not say it out loud. Ever. Behind every HOF coach, there's a HOF player or two who put him there. Time to earn your bones, Bill....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:It wouldn't have mattered if Brady had played the whole game,
Yeah, no drop off between Brady and Matt Cassel. :meds:

Take a shit post lap.
Nice job not including the entire quote or the context.

Go fuck yourself.