Training Camp Issues

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Re: Training Camp Issues

Post by RevLimiter »

Pretty simple, really.

I saw the game. I saw every carry LJ had. Other than a blown blocking assignment by the right guard on one play (where LJ lost 6 yards as he was nailed the moment Croyle handed the ball to him), LJ ran through tackles and showed no ill effects of his foot injury.

Any more brilliant questions there, you ANKLE-BITING FUCKTARD?
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

RevLimiter wrote:Pretty simple, really.

I saw the game. I saw every carry LJ had. Other than a blown blocking assignment by the right guard on one play (where LJ lost 6 yards as he was nailed the moment Croyle handed the ball to him), LJ ran through tackles and showed no ill effects of his foot injury.

Any more brilliant questions there, you ANKLE-BITING FUCKTARD?

Okay, so for his other 7 carries where he netted 3.5 yards per... he was running "through tackles?" :paul: Either dude is very slow or your OL sucks ass...
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Okay, so for his other 7 carries where he netted 3.5 yards per... he was running "through tackles?" :paul: Either dude is very slow or your OL sucks ass...
I think it's been established that the Chiefs' OL is a work in progress.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He didn't limp and he proved he can carry a serious load -- 8 carries.

Wakey wakey, mvscal.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Archuleta - vet min., depth. No biggie.

His wife, however ...

... IS a pretty big deal.

:shock:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Okay, so for his other 7 carries where he netted 3.5 yards per... he was running "through tackles?" :paul: Either dude is very slow or your OL sucks ass...
I think it's been established that the Chiefs' OL is a work in progress.
But Larry Johnson is "BACK", right? So you're saying what? About 1,800 yards and 20 TDs?
Not with this current offensive line, and that Jamaal Charles will see significant playing time to spell LJ, especially on 3rd down situations. I can see 1300yds and 14TDs out of LJ though.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote:Broncos:

Offense:
1. Insulin dependent, diabetic at QB-he'll be okay
2. Rookie Left Tackle-he'll be better than expected
3. Wife-beaters at RB & WR-Selvin Young is a wife beater? Pittman won't see much-Brandon Marshall-big trouble there and when you think that Darrell Jackson is on the other side-fuggin yikes

Defense:

1. DL- what DL?-Engleberger and Dumervil were pretty decent, after that who the fuck knows
2. LB- what's a LB? D.J. Williams did a fair job, Boss Bailey will turn out to be a colossal bust
3. Secondary- Champ's a year older & Lynch should have retired a year ago-Lynch isn't on the team anymore
They'll be lucky to beat anybody besides the Chefs
we agree on somethings
get out, get out while there's still time
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:Archuleta - vet min., depth. No biggie.

His wife, however ...

... IS a pretty big deal.

:shock:

RAck (and legs) ------ Verrah nice. Even the slight hint of camel toe is pretty damn fine
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

~bump

... for another look or two at Archuleta's squeeze .... errr ... to make a Raider comment or two.

Raiders - let's stay healthy, boys.
From the looks of 'our' 2nd and 3rd teamers the last couple of weeks ... ugghh .....
I'm skeered.

VERY short of depth at O-Line, WR, and overall defense.

Week one -- win or ... tie haha ... v. Dunger on MNF and I'm a happy man.

Lose and I promise to start a bar brawl with a room full of smelly slants.

ooot ............
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll chime in on the Lions and their 4-0 preseason...which is the equivalent of {insert an insignificant accomplishment here}. Really the only thing to worry about is how the first team offense and defense performs when they are actually on the field.

Kitna completed 18 of 21 passes with touchdown tosses to Williams and Johnson. He didn't play all that much but he didn't get planted into the turf and the offensive line will be under much scrutiny throughout the season to give him time to throw and to hopefully help them establish the ground game. It's no longer the Martz system of short drops and timing throws...a little more conventional under Colletto. Williams and Johnson should get plenty of balls thrown their way each game.

The big question mark will be, what kind of a ground game will this team have? It was running back by committee in the preseason and I really didn't see one guy take the job by the horns and win it outright. The team would hope that third round pick Kevin Smith will eventually emerge as the guy getting the most carries. They've brought back retreads like Aveion Cason and Artose Pinner to go with the often injured Brian Calhoun and the under-achieving Tatum Bell. It's disappointing to many that Smith hasn't come out took the #1 back spot considering who is his competition.

Much has been talked about with the fact that this team will likely not have a single 2008 draft pick in their starting lineup come Week 1. Smith will get carries but it could very well be Cason getting the start at tailback considering he did lead the team in rushing in the preseason. First round pick Gosder Cherilus hasn't impressed all the much and it likely that George 'False Start' Foster will get the start at right tackle. Second round pick Jordon Dizon was expected to compete for one of the starting linebacker positions but it appears that incumbent middle linebacker Paris Lenon and preseason standout Buster Davis will probably get the two other linebacker spots along with Ernie Sims.

If you ever needed more proof that preseason record means squat...I still don't think this team will amount to...well, squat. They'll make some plays through the air and put up some healthy numbers but the fact the offensive line really isn't any better than last year, Kitna will spend a lot of time running for his life, which will likely lead to the usual crop of turnovers. The ground game doesn't look exactly potent and that won't do anything to take pressure off the passing game. Defensively, they're very undersized up front after getting rid of Shaun Rogers and they haven't really shown they'll have the potentially of getting after the QB on a consistent basis. The only thing I can point to as an improvement is the now veteran secondary with several players more familiar with the Tampa Two scheme and should be an improvement on last year's unit.

At best, they're a 7-9 team again but I'm leaning towards 5-11 or 6-10...this preseason didn't show me anything other than they can win meaningless games. I'm more and more being conditioned to be a cynical LionFan because what is there to be no cynical about? Only the most desperate or blindly loyal fans are the ones thinking this team could push for .500 and maybe even compete for the division title. I don't see it...this isn't a good football team, simple as that.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Lions sign Rudi Johnson

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Supposedly, Tatum Bell is on his way out as well.

Really some bizarre roster choices for the Lions for the final 53. They'll have only 2 healthy tailbacks with Johnson and Kevin Smith. They keep only 4 wide receivers...Williams, Johnson, Furrey and McDonald. They cut arguably their best linebacker from the preseason, Buster Davis...the Colts quickly picked him up. The real lunacy is them keeping 11 defensive linemen.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

It's just the Lions being the Lions.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:Alvis just signed Adam Archuleta.
He just signed Ashley Lelie too.

He'll only tease you & break your heart, Raiderfan.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Cuda wrote:

He wont be asked to do much as a flanker. Basically he was brought in for his ability to stretch the field.

Make no mistake-we are a run team first and foremost, and i'm fine with JRuss having another big body to throw to in Lelie.........

Todd Watkins deserves a chance to take over Lelie though-the kid has excellent hands and was the only WR who excelled against Aso and Hall throughout all of training camp.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RJ wrote:Make no mistake-we are a run team first and foremost, and i'm fine with JRuss having another big body to throw to in Lelie.........
Too bad you couldn’t find a big body who can catch.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

RevLimiter wrote:It's just the Lions being the Lions.

True dat...

mvscal wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:They'll have only 2 healthy tailbacks with Johnson and Kevin Smith.
Johnson isn't even healthy.

It's obvious that they valued a broken-ass Rudi Johnson over a malcontent like Tatum Bell. I'm surprised they re-signed him in the offseason in the first place. He was de-activated for pretty much the last half of 2007. Johnson is at least an upgrade as the #2 back behind Kevin Smith.
Flawed Logic
Jake

Post by Flawed Logic »

RJ wrote:
Cuda wrote:

He wont be asked to do much as a flanker. Basically he was brought in for his ability to stretch the field.

Make no mistake-we are a run team first and foremost, and i'm fine with JRuss having another big body to throw to in Lelie.........

Todd Watkins deserves a chance to take over Lelie though-the kid has excellent hands and was the only WR who excelled against Aso and Hall throughout all of training camp.
Yeah, if Watkins doesn't get a chance, why should Kiffin bother saying camp performance means something?

The Raiders still need to make a cut to make room for a second FB. I hope it's not Watkins. I'm guessing Sam Williams, who looked pretty lame in camp, or Robert Thomas ($2 million for a backup)
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Flawed Logic wrote:
Yeah, if Watkins doesn't get a chance, why should Kiffin bother saying camp performance means something?

The Raiders still need to make a cut to make room for a second FB. I hope it's not Watkins. I'm guessing Sam Williams, who looked pretty lame in camp, or Robert Thomas ($2 million for a backup)
Im with you on Williams and Thomas-both need to get the hell on. Im sick of both of thier bullshit.

Luke Lawton would be a nice 2nd fullback-dude has great hands and can catch out of the backfield when he isnt barreling through cats.