Which Iron Chef would you face off against?

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Cicatrix
Elwood

Which Iron Chef would you face off against?

Post by Cicatrix »

Not that anyone here would stand a fucking chance of even making it close but who would you pick to lay the culinary smack down on your candy ass?

I would have to choose Mario Batali. Simply because I find him the most personable to watch. He never seems like he's too tightly wound and he jokes and smiles with his chefs and plays around with Alton Brown and the opposition. I dont sense a raging ego from him like I do Flay and I can understand him when he speaks unlike Morimoto. Cat Cora would be a negative too since she's too attractive and I just couldnt concentrate. That new guy seems alright but with so much to prove being the rookie he's just way too serious.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Which Iron Chef would you face off against?

Post by Dinsdale »

If you are:

A) Male

and

B) Have ever knowingly watched a cooking show...

You are a fucking faggot.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:If you are:

A) Male

and

Translation:

If it's on at the same time as Dancing with the Stars, there's no way I'll ever watch.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I've caught this guy on the local cable a couple of times, and he's actually watchable and pretty damn funny.

Too bad it's not available in many places.

http://www.thecookingguy.com/about/
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:

A) Male

and

Translation:

If it's on at the same time as Dancing with the Stars, there's no way I'll ever watch.
2nd. Being single and living with other guys back in college is what forced me to learn to cook. Because when we took turns cooking, too much of what they made was just atrocious. Inedible. Learning to cook was a survival skill. I found that I actually enjoyed cooking, have ever since, and I certainly enjoy trying to get better at it.

That said, probably half of the cooking shows I watch are called “Everyday Italian”, and if you don’t enjoy that cooking show, your name is probably Faggotsdale.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
2nd. Being single and living with other guys back in college is what forced me to learn to cook. Because when we took turns cooking, too much of what they made was just atrocious. Inedible. Learning to cook was a survival skill. I found that I actually enjoyed cooking, have ever since, and I certainly enjoy trying to get better at it.
Eggsactly. On top of that, when I got married (or actually when we started living in sin about 6 months earlier) I quickly realized that if I wanted to eat dinner every night I would be the one responsible. She just has never had that much interest in cooking or eating. She fixes a few (and I mean few) things really well, but for the most part would go without eating most of the time if left to her own devices.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A) Male

and

B) over 30

and

C)live with dudes

you really don't need to run homosmack

ftfy, nc
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I would go up against Flay in hopefully a BBQ challenge. It's one of his specialties as it is mine. I'd get killed, but I would love his opinion on my BBQ sauce. Would love to have a throwdown with him.

Agree on the Everyday Italian comment from Goober. Giada De Laurentis is money. She just loves to flash that cleavage, and she makes a deposit into the spank bank on every show.

Watching a cooking show is very educaitonal for those of us who love to cook. Technique is mostly what I look for rather than recipes. That's why I enjoy watching Alton Brown. He always has interesting techniques. I used my old tried and true cheesecake recipe with a technique he showed one time. I thought my cheesecake couldn't get any better. With his technique, it killed my old way of making cheesecake. Tips and tricks...that's why I watch the shows.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Knock it off, Indy. If you want your food to taste better that means you have to sacrifice your heterosexuality. Haven't you heard?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Knock it off, Indy. If you want your food to taste better that means you have to sacrifice your heterosexuality. Haven't you heard?
In the U&L, you can throw a flat iron steak directly on the HARD WOOD COALS for 12 seconds, and it would come out a bacon wrapped filet. Tell me you knew. Technique...who needs it.

As for my cheesecake example, overall, the taste was the same, but the old way I used to make it the consistency would vary and sometimes the cake cracked and sunk. With Brown's technique of cooking it in a water bath (slow and low), using a spring form pan and lining it with parchment paper, it comes out perfect every time, is consistent throughout and is unmolded perfectly without the sides breaking or having that "first fucked up piece" digging it out of a pie pan. Sure, it takes a good 24-36 hours to set in the fridge, but it couldn't be any better.

Now that I have the perfect technique, I plan to experiment with different flavors. While I'm a plain jane cheesecake fan, I would like to be able to make other gourmet flavors for different occasions. A Heath Cheesecake is on the horizon.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I know I will catch some fat jokes here, but Mrs. Rumps watches the Food Network all the time which means I watch the Food Network all the time. Giada is fucking hawt. Nigella's big boobs were nice to watch too, although I don't know what happened to her show.

I like Alton's Good Eats show and Bobby Flay's throwdown. I'm not much of a cook, but I have learned a lot from those programs and have spread my wings a little more in the kitchen.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”