2 down. 6 to go

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Re: 2 down. 6 to go

Post by RumpleForeskin »

US officials probably should have invited him, but he could have gone if he wanted. He's a bitch.

As for Phelps, well that guy is an animal. He isn't really humble about how great he is, but at least he's honest. Dude was bent about breaking the world record in the 200m fly but not doing it in the time he was shooting for. Rediculous.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

He isn't really humble about how great he is
Dude, what did you expect? He's a Michigan Man.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

RumpleForeskin wrote:US officials probably should have invited him, but he could have gone if he wanted. He's a bitch.

As for Phelps, well that guy is an animal. He isn't really humble about how great he is, but at least he's honest. Dude was bent about breaking the world record in the 200m fly but not doing it in the time he was shooting for. Rediculous.
Pretty amazing achievement nonetheless, considering his goggles were full of water. Lesser men would have drowned.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:US officials probably should have invited him, but he could have gone if he wanted. He's a bitch.
Why should he care? It's not like more than 2% of the people in the United States will remember who Michael Phelps is in 2 years.
So dude is Aquaman incarnate. Props to him.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RACK that Sam.

It was a team win, indeed, Phelps took the lead the two dudes in the middle lost it, and then Razek was nothing but PURE GRIT AND DETERMINATION.

That fucker is going to be a motivational speaker and will probably outdo Mark Spitz at that like Phelps has outdone him in the pool.

Truly one of the most inspirational things from this year's Olypmics. That and this ....

The chick on the right is inspirational in her own right and really inspires the desire to take up diving.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Tom, you forgot to add the

"Sin
Pedo in Seattle"
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Why ?

She's twenty something years old.

Shit, a 40 yr old women probably looks like a kid to you, old man. :P
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Hmmmm...I guess they age about as fast as Chinese gymnasts then.

Here are a couple of American OSILFs -

And an Ozzie (OK so she's only 19) -

Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Ok so this guy was predicted to win 8 gold before Olympics even started.

He has 6 gold so far and 6 world records as well and one he beat by 1.5 seconds in a sport where winning is decided by tenths and hundreds of seconds.

So is he on something?

I would like to think he is not on drugs but as soon as a new way to test is discovered, athletes, trainers discover a way to hide it. Sometimes as we have seen of late it can take years for the truth to come out as the fourth gold and sixth overall medal stripped from that U.S. track contingent in the past eight months for doping for the 2000 Olympics.

So that to is another reason I view these results with suspicion as doping and Olympics go together like your foot and ankle.

It is too bad nowadays I view the Olympics and potentially great athletes with suspicion when they win, win big and break world records by a lot but with the history of drug use in the Olympics it is hard not to think of people cheating when they win so much.

I hope he is not on drugs and no indication has been made yet to say he is but I am sure many other wonder the same thing though.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

He could win 16 gold medals, and would still be overshadowed by this. Fucking hell fire.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Right. Dude has just as many gold medals as your entire country.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Unlike your lot, I don't give a fuck where he comes from. Phelps is incredible, but swimming is boring. No-one is going to overshadow what Bolt did today (and a shame your lot never got to see it live on TV).

Oh, and by the way; your country's population is five times bigger than mine. At present, you've only won nine more golds.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nobody gives a fuck about country club sports.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Nishlord wrote:Oh, and by the way; your country's population is five times bigger than mine. At present, you've only won nine more golds.
Right, but let me reiterate - one guy has just as many golds as your entire country.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

And take that one guy away, and the USA would have precisely 2 more gold medals than the UK, who won just one gold medal three Olympics ago. We can carry on arguing over a man in Speedos if you like, Mgo, but don't get irate because you think I'm cock-blocking you.

Props to Phelps for his diet, though;
Breakfast: Three fried egg sandwiches; cheese; tomatoes; lettuce; fried onions; mayonnaise; three chocolate-chip pancakes; five-egg omelette; three sugar-coated slices of French toast; bowl of grits; two cups of coffee

Lunch: Half-kilogram (one pound) of enriched pasta; two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread; energy drinks

Dinner: Half-kilogram of pasta, with carbonara sauce; large pizza; energy drinks
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Nishlord wrote:
Breakfast: Three fried egg sandwiches; cheese; tomatoes; lettuce; fried onions; mayonnaise; three chocolate-chip pancakes; five-egg omelette; three sugar-coated slices of French toast; bowl of grits; two cups of coffee

Lunch: Half-kilogram (one pound) of enriched pasta; two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread; energy drinks

Dinner: Half-kilogram of pasta, with carbonara sauce; large pizza; energy drinks
I eat like that everyday!

Sincerely,
The majority of posters on this board
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Canadian wrote:So that to is another reason I view these results with suspicion as doping and Olympics go together like your foot and ankle.

That's true, but there were 20 world records broken during the swimming events. And I've heard over and over again that the pool conditions were really fast and the new suits were a major factor that played into the phenomenon that took place at The Cube over the past week.

Speculate all you want, but Phelps is just one of those freaks like Usain Bolt. They are ahead of their time.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

RF: How can the conditions be 'really fast'? Not piss-taking, just curious.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Nishlord wrote:RF: How can the conditions be 'really fast'? Not piss-taking, just curious.

Supposedly, the bouy/lane divider things are made to reduce turbulance in the water and the pool was made to allow any large waves created in the pool to go over a ledge to again reduce turbulance in the water. One would assume you can swim faster in calmer waters and that pool was designed to create calm conditions. I might not be 100% right about that but I can recall Hicks and Gaines mentioning that once during this past week.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

i heard someone also say the pool is 3 feet deep as opposed to the usual 2ft. or vice versa.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

bbqjones wrote:i heard someone also say the pool is 3 feet deep as opposed to the usual 2ft. or vice versa.

Yeah, that's right...the depth of the pool is different from other pools. It's a little more than 2 or 3 feet though...more like 9 or 10 ten, right?
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

i dont know where i got those numbers from.
It's a "Fast Pool"

To promote the breaking of swimming world records, the Chinese have optimized their Water Cube pool for speed by: (1) Keeping the water at 80.6 degrees, the temperature considered optimal for swimmers; (2) pumping 'microbubbles' into the pool to break the water's surface tension; (3) building the pool to a depth of approximately 10 feet, which prevents water-temperature interference; and (4) introducing a ventilation system that whisks chlorine fumes off the surface of the water, allowing the athletes to breathe clean air
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Aha.

London's probably going to just clear the dive-bombing kids and fat old women out of their pool for a week.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Nobody gives a fuck about country club sports.
Please. I'm not exactly pining for swimming on CFB Saturdays. It's every four years, dude. And a guy who was on the verge of an olympic milestone. And the races only last a few seconds. You can't even muster the interest or attention span for that much? Christ, some of you simpletons could find a way to bore yourselves to death in the 4th quater of a tied Super Bowl sitting next to Jenn Sterger offering free blowjobs.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

bbqjones wrote:i dont know where i got those numbers from.
It's a "Fast Pool"

To promote the breaking of swimming world records, the Chinese have optimized their Water Cube pool for speed by: (1) Keeping the water at 80.6 degrees, the temperature considered optimal for swimmers; (2) pumping 'microbubbles' into the pool to break the water's surface tension; (3) building the pool to a depth of approximately 10 feet, which prevents water-temperature interference; and (4) introducing a ventilation system that whisks chlorine fumes off the surface of the water, allowing the athletes to breathe clean air
I heard that if they make the pool deeper they can then also make it shorter, as long as the volume remains constant. The big technological hurdle was designing a deeper pool without adversely affecting the local water table.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:4th quater of a tied Super Bowl sitting next to Jenn Sterger offering free blowjobs.
Thanks, Mgo. I've just updated my Bucket List.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Nobody gives a fuck about country club sports.
Please. I'm not exactly pining for swimming on CFB Saturdays. It's every four years, dude. And a guy who was on the verge of an olympic milestone. And the races only last a few seconds. You can't even muster the interest or attention span for that much? Christ, some of you simpletons could find a way to bore yourselves to death in the 4th quater of a tied Super Bowl sitting next to Jenn Sterger offering free blowjobs.

Honestly, these Olympics were only good for killing a couple weeks leading up to the start of football season. Not many of these sports are followed outside of the Olympics...it's just something different to watch. Phelps and Bolt will be remembered for what they did but this has been a fairly ordinary Games.

Every four years, you get a couple athletes that capture the sports world's attention for two weeks but you probably don't hear about them again until the next Olympics rolls around, if ever again. I'm sure Phelps has a few minutes left on his 15 minutes of fame clock...especially if he goes back to London and tries to match or beat his old record of 8 golds.

Swimming isn't the most entralling sport there is. I don't think Phelps winning 8 golds is going to lead a pro circuit or anything. It's just another one of the niche sports you only watch when it's in the Olympics and we typical have a strong team in the Games to follow. I don't think there's much attention given to the events where we don't have any contenders for medals or for sports that we as a country generally don't follow under any circumstances.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

dude, you're all over the place

Shoalzie wrote:Honestly, these Olympics were only good for killing a couple weeks leading up to the start of football season. Not many of these sports are followed outside of the Olympics...it's just something different to watch. Phelps and Bolt will be remembered for what they did but this has been a fairly ordinary Games.
what phelps and bolt did is equal to nothing that has ever happened in the sports world we all follow. football is king to most of us, but as sports fans, this was a remarkable olympics and it aint over yet.
Every four years, you get a couple athletes that capture the sports world's attention for two weeks but you probably don't hear about them again until the next Olympics rolls around, if ever again. I'm sure Phelps has a few minutes left on his 15 minutes of fame clock...especially if he goes back to London and tries to match or beat his old record of 8 golds.
believe it or not, alot of people inside and outside of the us follow these events/sports.
ive never been a hoo rah about swimming, but phelps made me woot woot a few eight or 17 times. bolt needs no explanation. utterly ridiculous what he did. and even the american gymnastics did ok. big ups to the guys who werent expected to contend for medals.
Swimming isn't the most entralling sport there is.
i agree
I don't think Phelps winning 8 golds is going to lead a pro circuit or anything. It's just another one of the niche sports you only watch when it's in the Olympics and we typical have a strong team in the Games to follow. I don't think there's much attention given to the events where we don't have any contenders for medals or for sports that we as a country generally don't follow under any circumstances.

you dont enjoy the olympics. alot of us do. if you had a chance to watch the womens soccer final, and i hate soccer, and women, another great final. football is soon. its all good.