Another jab at Belicheat and the Patsies...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Re: Another jab at Belicheat and the Patsies...

Post by Tom In VA »

I for one am happy. I grow weary of people reminding me that one of the Redskin Super Bowl victories was during a strike year with replacement teams.

Sure, a victory with an asterisk but most definitely a Super Bowl victory and one that is more valid than the three New England won under Bellicheck.

Apparently.

:lol:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:I for one am happy. I grow weary of people reminding me that one of the Redskin Super Bowl victories was during a strike year with replacement teams.
I thought it was two season. One with replacements and one with the games canceled.

Anyway, I never thought less of the Skins' Lombardi Trophies from those years because of that. They played under the same rules as the other teams, not some set of rules that they later claimed to have "misunderstood".
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

mvscal wrote:I swill Specter's cack

What YOU don't get is that not ONE single Patriots fan cares what the rest of the league's fans think. With or without tapes - the Pats win. If this were the Texans, nobody could possibly care less. Easy to hate a winner when you AREN'T one I suppose . . . . . . . . . .

:mrgreen:
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Neely8 wrote:[Matt Walsh confirmed to Senator Arlen that the Jets taped. So why wouldn't they look into all 32 teams if a second was now implicated? Walsh was credible in one regard but not on this?

Specter: Walsh indicated Jets taped as well

May 14, 2008 12:34 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

Sen. Arlen Specter said former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh indicated he saw the Jets taping signals at one point during a Jets-Patriots game, but Walsh did not say anything about it at the time. Specter also thinks the NFL hasn't done enough to investigate the Patriots' taping practices in 2003, 2004 and 2005, even though Walsh told Specter he observed, from the stands, the Patriots taping signals after Walsh had left the organization as an employee.
Eric Mangini was a Cheat assistant durring this period. I am not too suprised that he might be implicated in this. But in no stretch of the imagination does that imply that the rest of the league is doing the same things.
Save me some of that corn for laters...
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Nacho wrote:
Neely8 wrote:[Matt Walsh confirmed to Senator Arlen that the Jets taped. So why wouldn't they look into all 32 teams if a second was now implicated? Walsh was credible in one regard but not on this?

Specter: Walsh indicated Jets taped as well

May 14, 2008 12:34 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

Sen. Arlen Specter said former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh indicated he saw the Jets taping signals at one point during a Jets-Patriots game, but Walsh did not say anything about it at the time. Specter also thinks the NFL hasn't done enough to investigate the Patriots' taping practices in 2003, 2004 and 2005, even though Walsh told Specter he observed, from the stands, the Patriots taping signals after Walsh had left the organization as an employee.
Eric Mangini was a Cheat assistant durring this period. I am not too suprised that he might be implicated in this. But in no stretch of the imagination does that imply that the rest of the league is doing the same things.

How do you know that it was during Mangini's tenure?? Maybe Herm was filming......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Maybe the Jets guy was taping the Patriots guy taping the Jets for evidence. :tinfoilhatattheready:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:I for one am happy. I grow weary of people reminding me that one of the Redskin Super Bowl victories was during a strike year with replacement teams.
I thought it was two season. One with replacements and one with the games canceled.
Had to look this one up. You're right. 1982, was a 9 game season with a 16 team (8 games per conference) playoff tournament. Nobody has given me any flak over that year, I guess because it was with the "real" players and the Skins were the top seed at 8-1 before going into the tournament.

That was the classic scene with Riggins carrying the Miami front four :exaggeration: about twenty yards or so into the end zone. I know I way over exaggerated that, but it was a good time to be a Skin fan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_NFL_season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Neely8 wrote:How do you know that it was during Mangini's tenure?? Maybe Herm was filming......
From Wiki: "Prior to coaching the New York Jets, Mangini worked for the New England Patriots under Head Coach Bill Belichick, first as their defensive backs coach (2000-2004), and later as their defensive coordinator (2005). Before that Belichick gave him a job as an assistant in the Cleveland Browns organization (1995). Mangini was part of the Baltimore Ravens' inaugural staff in 1996, where he was a quality control/offensive assistant coach. From 1997-1999, he worked with the Jets as a defensive assistant/quality control coach. That was also when Belichick was assistant head coach/secondary coach."

Took all of six seconds to get that info skippy....

It doesn't change the fact the cheats cheated and it isn't too hard to see where this all stems from...

The majority of the league is not implicated by any means.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Th wrote:
BSmack wrote: Your team has been branded. Deal with it.

Yeah - Champions! And, I DON'T hear too many Patriots fans complaining:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll see your three and raise you TWO....

All without one of these *
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Nacho wrote:
Neely8 wrote:How do you know that it was during Mangini's tenure?? Maybe Herm was filming......
From Wiki: "Prior to coaching the New York Jets, Mangini worked for the New England Patriots under Head Coach Bill Belichick, first as their defensive backs coach (2000-2004), and later as their defensive coordinator (2005). Before that Belichick gave him a job as an assistant in the Cleveland Browns organization (1995). Mangini was part of the Baltimore Ravens' inaugural staff in 1996, where he was a quality control/offensive assistant coach. From 1997-1999, he worked with the Jets as a defensive assistant/quality control coach. That was also when Belichick was assistant head coach/secondary coach."

Took all of six seconds to get that info skippy....

It doesn't change the fact the cheats cheated and it isn't too hard to see where this all stems from...

The majority of the league is not implicated by any means.

How bout the Dolphins mic'ing players to get audio of Brady's cadence and check downs. After this was done the Fins beat the Pats in their second meeting 20-0. Kinda fishy......no pun intended.

How about the league admitting that they were aware of a telescope in a window watching the Pats practice before Superbowl 36??

The Broncos circumventing the salary cap for two years, which they won championships during.

There are many instances of "cheating" that have gone on and will continue to do so. So you want an investigation by congress in to just the Pats??? Why not the rest of the league?? Afraid of what they will find in your closests??

I honestly don't care anymore. My team was caught, they were punished, they continued to win, and will do so next year.

All you haters will get your chance for the most part. We get to play the Raiders, Squeelers, Queefs, Donkies, Dolts, and Chargettes next year. If video is all that it tok to get us wins then all of your teams should have no problem beating us next year. Good luck with that.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Neely8 wrote:So you want an investigation by congress in to just the Pats???
Not particularly at all. It's a waste of time and taxpayer money in my short sighted view.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Neely8 wrote:I honestly don't care anymore. My team was caught, they were punished, they continued to win, and will do so next year.
The best the Pats can hope for next year is 10-6. They're old and Belicheat beat the hell out of that team last year trying to get a perfect season. If they played in any other division, I wouldn't even expect a winning record. But since the Dolphins, Jets and Bills are pretty much the bottom of the NFL, the Pats can expect a quick first round playoff defeat.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Neely8 wrote:How bout the Dolphins mic'ing players to get audio of Brady's cadence and check downs. After this was done the Fins beat the Pats in their second meeting 20-0. Kinda fishy......no pun intended.

How about the league admitting that they were aware of a telescope in a window watching the Pats practice before Superbowl 36??

The Broncos circumventing the salary cap for two years, which they won championships during.

There are many instances of "cheating" that have gone on and will continue to do so. So you want an investigation by congress in to just the Pats??? Why not the rest of the league?? Afraid of what they will find in your closests??

I honestly don't care anymore. My team was caught, they were punished, they continued to win, and will do so next year.

All you haters will get your chance for the most part. We get to play the Raiders, Squeelers, Queefs, Donkies, Dolts, and Chargettes next year. If video is all that it tok to get us wins then all of your teams should have no problem beating us next year. Good luck with that.....
I wasn't remarking on an investigation by Congress, I was remarking basically on your stupidity. If an ivestigation is grounded, then I am for it. That whole antitrust thing can be a complex issue. I kind of like thinking that NFL games aren't fixed.

I would hate to have that sinking feeling in my chest knowing that the team I am a fan of is nothing but a bunch of cheats and that their legacy of winning has the shadow and stink of deceit surrounding it. Heck that almost makes me feel bad for the cheats fans.... But then you get around them and their myopia and you remember the reason for your dislike....
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Nacho wrote:
Neely8 wrote:How bout the Dolphins mic'ing players to get audio of Brady's cadence and check downs. After this was done the Fins beat the Pats in their second meeting 20-0. Kinda fishy......no pun intended.

I wasn't remarking on an investigation by Congress, I was remarking basically on your stupidity. If an ivestigation is grounded, then I am for it. That whole antitrust thing can be a complex issue. I kind of like thinking that NFL games aren't fixed.

I would hate to have that sinking feeling in my chest knowing that the team I am a fan of is nothing but a bunch of cheats and that their legacy of winning has the shadow and stink of deceit surrounding it. Heck that almost makes me feel bad for the cheats fans.... But then you get around them and their myopia and you remember the reason for your dislike....

Funny cause all my Superbowl memorabilia looks just fine to me. I really don't care what fans of any other teams think. I will wear my gear around the country and laugh at all the haters. I welcome it!! To be hated means to be on top. If I were a Cardinal fan and they cheated nobody would say boo.
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Neely8 wrote:If I were a Cardinal fan and they cheated nobody would say boo.
No they'd probably just laugh harder.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:
Exactly. Kind of like when a 3 string slappy gets nailed for steroids. But that hardly lessens the lack of respect the Cheatriots have and will continue to have as long as the current regime is in control.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
Exactly. Kind of like when a 3 string slappy gets nailed for steroids. But that hardly lessens the lack of respect the Cheatriots have and will continue to have as long as the current regime is in control.
A lack of respect from you?? Gee......darn!!

Im sure they and I will lose tons of sleep over you and everybody else.

See you on 11/30/08!!
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Nacho wrote:The majority of the league is not implicated by any means.

Get your head out of your ass... your own coach admitted to doing it says the whole league did it...

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sport ... overblown/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jimmy Johnson thinks Spygate is overblown
We originally posted this WFAN interview as having been conducted during Super Bowl week. It actually dates back to September. Regardless, it’s still interesting to note how commonplace former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson feels the use of cameras is by NFL teams. He admits he used them to steal signs all the time.

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

A member of the 5 ring club and 90's Dynasty = with an asterisk ?

Holy shit. My father in law (Cowboy fan) is gonna love this. :lol:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Tom In VA wrote:A member of the 5 ring club and 90's Dynasty = with an asterisk ?

Why? The WHOLE LEAGUE was doing it... right up until 2006. Some teams, like New England, ignored "The Memo" and got fucked in the ass. And by ignored "The Memo", I mean, "misinterpreted its meaning." Right, Belichick?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

mvscal wrote: They were bottom feeding doormats for 30 years. Their recent success is owed entirely to Brett Farv-ruh, free agency and revenue sharing not their business model.
All the more reason to respect them. In thirty years, they never left and they didn't transform themselves into a family plaything for someone to use as a tax write-off, poptarts 'business model' is crap. Like it or not, people develop an emotional investment in their club and sticking with it for that long, is all the more reason to hold your head up, have pride and conduct yourself with a bit of dignity.

Dan Majkowski wrote:IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:A member of the 5 ring club and 90's Dynasty = with an asterisk ?

Why?
Myopic anticipation at having some shit to sling at a great guy but footbal fan nemesis. Now JJ referred to himself and the Chiefs guy, and that guy is dead.

Hopefully the Skins didn't do it.

If they did, it's not cheating. :twisted: