Clean up time, once again.

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Clean up time, once again.

Post by Headhunter »

Ok, folks. Looks like we're having trouble acting like adults again. It's time to set the rules back in place.

1) No trolling. Use your primary nic. Some leniency will be granted to sports oriented trolls that are topical. Like a Mike Vick troll on the day of his sentencing. But it better be funny, it better be quick, or it gets the rope.

2) Keep it NFL. We don't want to see a bunch of shit about politics or soccer or other non NFL bullshit.

3) Keep the smack to a minimum. It needs to be smack based on a post, not long running rivalries between posters. This is where I'm going to clamp down. Quit hijacking the threads and turning them into endless smack diatribes. Don't want to hear it. Not going to put up with it. I expect both the smacker and smackee to act responsibly.

4) Follow all other board rules.

5) NEW- If you work a crank or other objectionable pictures into a pic, no matter if it appears under your nic or not you're getting the hammer. No exceptions. I don't care how you get it in, you're responsible for it. If you want to stop someone from stealing your bandwidth, use a safe for work pic in it's place.

Q/Felix/Orc, Want to add anything?
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Re: Clean up time, once again.

Post by orcinus »

Amen, HH.

I'll clown around as much as the next guy, but what brought me to this forum ten years ago was intelligent football discussion. We're so far removed from that point these days, it's pathetic. I even posted a thread not to long ago lamenting the fact that I just don't seem to care about NFL much anymore and have become increasingly apathetic with the discussion here.

Let's be honest. It's hard to get enthused about dropping a take when nearly 100% of the threads in this forum devolve into the suck abyss after only one or two posts.

We need to have some rules, but nothing's going to get fixed until we all step things up and take out the trash. We all poke fun at the CFB posters, and for good reason sometimes, but do yourself a favor and take a look at that forum. It's not ruled by heavy-handed moderation or a set of rules that must be clearly posted.

CFB is ruled by respect.

We're not so different from CFB's solid group of core posters, either. It's just that we all stopped respecting one another at some point, and it became easier to key in a variant of "you and/or your team sucks" and personal attacks than a thought-provoking response.

Like a PC-riddled public school system, we're now forced to drop a list of rules in the forum and threaten bannings for non-compliance, when all we really need to do is cut the bullshit as a group and get back to talking football. That said, we all have to start somewhere, so I'm absolutely with brother HH on this one and will echo his comments above.

Clean it up or post elsewhere ... your choice.

I don't care if we have to gut this forum and burn it down to the point where only five posters remain. If it brings back the multi-page debates over all things NFL in lieu of the cum-slurping, buffet lines and IKYABWAI garbage, so much the better.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

well said gentlemen.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

We all poke fun at the CFB posters, and for good reason sometimes,
What good reason? :D
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Laxplayer wrote:
We all poke fun at the CFB posters, and for good reason sometimes,
What good reason? :D
I poke fun at Brad Pitt for having to fuck Angelina Jolie all the time.

It's probably in the same neighborhod, Lax.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

RACK Hoontah and orc.

A few years ago, I remember the 'annual' Vote for This Year's Cryin' Ryan Award Winner thread being put up.

For any newbies, the 'Cryin' Ryan Award' went to the forum's greatest 'tard.

Anyway, Toos popped up and said, in effect, "Why are we glamourizing the WORST the forum has to offer? Haven't we evolved past that? Why not give an award to the BEST of the forum?"

So right he was.

Toos barely posts here now.

There are a LOT of excellent posters.
But of course they have been drown out by the handful of 'tards running, tripping and screaming all over the playground.

Smack is fun, of course, but mix in some fucking FOOTBALL, asshats.

I don't know the inside scoop, but I suspect that Paul has received ... tens? ... hundreds? ... of PMs from m0ds or admins to LAY OFF the baiters.

To no avail.

Time is up.
It's cutdown day.

Clean it up or you're gonzo, Paul.PERIOD.

That's my opinion, of course.
I have no power here.

And those handful of people who trail Paul 24/7, baiting, and seeking desperately to get over on him, ... good gonad, you are pathetic people.

psssst .... just fucking LOG ON and you've gotten over on the guy.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
And those handful of people who trail Paul 24/7, baiting, and seeking desperately to get over on him, ... good gonad, you are pathetic people.

psssst .... just fucking LOG ON and you've gotten over on the guy.
Spot on.

Pilling on Paul doesn't have the desired effect of:

A. Shutting him up
B. Improving his takes / thought process, etc.
C. Getting him to leave

It just elicits more brain dead, bandwidth sucking responses.
I'll stand up as one of those who has piled on, but now it's just old.

Goobs, Bri - et tu?
Let the noobs have their way with him, they'll catch on soon enough.

Ignore is Norweigian for Silence is golden
Either that or the bartender won't bring me more meade
Fes, you wanna give me a ruling on that?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Rack the fuck out of Scott, tart, Orc, and Hoontah.

I've been keeping clear of this forum because of those rascally, medaling kids wrapping the houses, egging cars, and filling the mailboxes with shaving cream.

The shit with Paul gets old. Lets talk some fucking football. This is my favorite forum out of all the boards I frequent and I'd hate to see it turn into a tard yard. Keep this shit clean and tight. No need to give any reason for Charles De Mar or Big Pickle to come in here and add to the shenanigans.

Thanks for giving me the motivation to make a post, Hoontah.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Come out from behind the bag of cheetos.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

As much as I want to respond to a variety of things said to/about me in this thread, it's crystal clear to me that the high road is the path for me.

You did what you had to do Headhunter. I respect that.
PSUFAN wrote:Come out from behind the bag of cheetos.
:brad: ....umm, nevermind.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Relax - the timing was there.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

It was THESE, BTW:

:paul:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote: Pilling on Paul doesn't have the desired effect of:

A. Shutting him up
C. Getting him to leave

It just elicits more brain dead, bandwidth sucking responses.
I'll stand up as one of those who has piled on, but now it's just old.

Goobs, Bri - et tu?
It will never get old, but I’ll respect the wishes of the mods in this forum and confine the abuse to other forums.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Thanks, HH
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: Pilling on Paul doesn't have the desired effect of:

A. Shutting him up
C. Getting him to leave
Truman had a sig for awhile that went something like...

"KC Paul is out there and can't be bargained or reasoned with. He absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are pwned".

:lol:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

RumpleForeskin wrote: This is my favorite forum out of all the boards I frequent
Word
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Well said HH, Orc, Pops, and Scott. I've been posting with a good number of you for several years now, on several boards. The "tard" level has, IMO, reached an all-time high the last couple of years and I've found myself just logging in for pickem contests and JFFL. Hopefully this latest sentiment takes permanent hold.
Go Bucs, Gators