Natural Man

NEW YORK DESTROYED..!!!

Post by Bobby42 »

Hilliary Clinton claims her home state...takes Obama
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Re: NEW YORK DESTROYED..!!!

Post by Louis Cyphre »

That's funny, I could have sworn she was from Illinois. What a carpetbagger!
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Ah, the Senator from NY.

Damn...she's got Jersey, too.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

I thought this was a John McRINO thread.

Why am I not surprised he plays well in states that are going Dem in November anyway. Then again, Arizonans are turning out to go Van Helsing on his ass...
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jsc810 wrote:RACK McCain. The more Rush, Coulter, et al complain about him, the more I like him. If he is pissing off "true conservatives" that much, then he's doing something right.

No offense, but that is a pretty lame post.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Jsc810 wrote:RACK McCain. The more Rush, Coulter, et al complain about him, the more I like him. If he is pissing off "true conservatives" that much, then he's doing something right.
Typical Dem tool.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

The Seer wrote:No offense...
:?
Um, did you forget where you're at?
Jsc810 wrote: Although I almost always vote Republican for President, the "true conservatives" -- as articulated by Rush, Hannity, Tony Perkins, Coulter, and those on the Religious Right -- disgust me. They've hijacked the Republican party and further divided the country.
RACK. I vote Republican on plenty of issues/candidates also, but it makes me sick how many candidates cow-tow to the religious right, when they're a small fanatic sliver of the party. In no way do they represent the majority of Americans or majority of Republicans, yet candidates all but recite from the bible during speeches to cater to them. You don't see Democrats shun deodorant and bathing to cater to the hippie crowd...

I'll never vote for McCain because of his stance on illegal immigration. At this point, I'm probably going to vote for Obama, assuming he gets the Dem nod, as he seems to be the candidate I hate the least. If, however, it ends up being a Hillary v. McCain race, I'll probably vote third party.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

If it ends up Hilary/McRINO, then Paul will get at least 10% of the votes. His impact might be bigger than Perot's from the '92 election. In saying that, Hilary will win because of this.

Should Huckabee choose to be McRINO's running mate, then I like the balance of that conservative tag team. Hell, if my boy Paul can't get elected, then I have to get behind the guy who is the GOP's nominee. I'd rather it be Huckabee, but McRINO will have to do.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

How do you figure that Ron Paul is going to get 10% of the vote when he's only scoring 6%-8% in most states?

I agree that he'd certainly get plenty of votes, but I don't think he'll pull anywhere near 10%.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote:Image
So, how many Democrats have you had in your mouth lately?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

OCmike wrote:How do you figure that Ron Paul is going to get 10% of the vote when he's only scoring 6%-8% in most states?
Not to mention -- that's 6-8% in the Republican primaries. In a general election, that percentage falls.

But never say never, of course. Nader only got 2-3% of the popular vote in 2000, but that was enough to make the difference within the context of that election.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

OCmike wrote:How do you figure that Ron Paul is going to get 10% of the vote when he's only scoring 6%-8% in most states?

I agree that he'd certainly get plenty of votes, but I don't think he'll pull anywhere near 10%.

He'll get 10% because nobody will want to vote for Hilary or McCain. He's only getting 6-8% right now because voters have more options. There are plenty of conservatives out there who are casting their ballot for Huckabee or Romney that despise McCain. I think some of those votes will go to Paul if McCain is the GOP's nominee. Don't you listen to the radio?
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I think some of those votes will go to Paul if McCain is the GOP's nominee.
...or Nader, or Bloomberg or any of the other third party candidates that may run. Sure, some of those votes will go to McCain, but I just don't think it will be 10%.

Don't you listen to the radio?
I listened to political talk radio when I lived in CA, because the show was done by two guys who were basically libertarians, so they had no Dem or GOP agenda. During an election year like this, I shun ALL political radio, because everyone is just trying to push their own personal candidate or agenda. It's all a bunch of biased crap. And if you're asking if I listen to Hannity or Rush, then the answer is a KFC-Paul sized "NO". I lean a little bit to the right, so I can't stand any one who is too far on either side of the spectrum. Hannity can be okay at times, but certainly not during an election year.

I don't watch a lot of political TV during election years either, except to hear a debate or two or to hear primary and election results.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

I can see it already. A McCain/Jeb Bush ticket!! Ole Johnny will be dead within the first year of his term and in steps another BUSH!! The Republicans have it all figured out.... :lol:
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

OCmike wrote:I listened to political talk radio when I lived in CA, because the show was done by two guys who were basically libertarians, so they had no Dem or GOP agenda. During an election year like this, I shun ALL political radio, because everyone is just trying to push their own personal candidate or agenda. It's all a bunch of biased crap. And if you're asking if I listen to Hannity or Rush, then the answer is a KFC-Paul sized "NO". I lean a little bit to the right, so I can't stand any one who is too far on either side of the spectrum. Hannity can be okay at times, but certainly not during an election year.
I listened to the first 5 minutes of Sean Hannity's show this morning just to hear him melt down over McCain's impending nomination. I wasn't disappointed. ;)
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

That is the problem with the GOP contingent. All those fuckers are listening to Hannity, Rush, Berry, etc.

If the radio personalities (whom have a very strong influence for the GOP voters) keep blasting McCain over the airwaves, then the dems, Obama or Hilary, will coast into the White House. All those idiots need to swallow their pride until November.

The only way for McCain to win in November is to grab the south. Dude is obviously hated in the south. Huckabee as a running mate for him is the only chance they have.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

That wasn't their (radio honks) agenda two weeks ago when nobody had a clear picture of the GOP nominee.

Now, they are coming out with one thing in mind....destroy McCain.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

mvscal wrote:
OCmike wrote:I listened to political talk radio when I lived in CA, because the show was done by two guys who were basically libertarians, so they had no Dem or GOP agenda.
John and Ken?
Yeah. Generally a decent show (when I used to listen anyway), but once in awhile the constant shouting of John got me to shut it off.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:You don't have a fucking clue, do you?
Maybe not, mv, but all I know is Michael Berry wasn't nearly as forthcoming about his distaste for McCain in the past. Over the last few days, he has taken the gloves off and has absolutely blasted him non-stop. Now, he is the only show I listen to with a strong stance on the right, so I am going off assumption for the other shows and what I saw on TV last night.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Post by Voice of Reason »

RumpleForeskin wrote:That is the problem with the GOP contingent. All those fuckers are listening to Hannity, Rush, Berry, etc.

If the radio personalities (whom have a very strong influence for the GOP voters) keep blasting McCain over the airwaves, then the dems, Obama or Hilary, will coast into the White House. All those idiots need to swallow their pride until November.
Um...The "Republican" radio honks want the democrats to win the election.

Rush was trying his hardest (by the same way of turning off Republican voters) to get Bush out last election too.

He doesn't really believe the shit he says, he's a fucking fictional personality. And its better for his ratings and his pocketbook to have a democrat in office. Makes his job easier, as its simple to drum up dissention against whoever's in charge.

Most dittoheads are too fucking retarded to even realize that Rush isn't on their side.
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church."

- Ferdinand Magellan
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I really can't disagree its about ratings and money, but you can't deny the extra hatred for McCain over the other candidates. I mean, they hate him. Like bad and stuff.

Berry said he has NEVER...not once...voted another party other than the GOP candidate. He said if McCain gets the nod then he is voting for the independent party.

There has to be something said for that.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:Not a chance. Republicans aren't going to turn out to vote for him.
But a number of Democrats might if Hilary is the other choice.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Goober McTuber wrote:
mvscal wrote:Not a chance. Republicans aren't going to turn out to vote for him.
Agreed, her being the alternative will make a huge difference.

If Huckabee and McCain pair up, the evangelicals will come out just like they did in '04 when gay marriage was a hot button issue.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

RumpleForeskin wrote:If Huckabee and McCain pair up, the evangelicals will come out just like they did in '04 when gay marriage was a hot button issue.
Let them. Not only are they a small sliver of the Republican party, but the states that they dominate are sparsely populated and have few electoral votes.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

OCmike wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:If Huckabee and McCain pair up, the evangelicals will come out just like they did in '04 when gay marriage was a hot button issue.
Let them. Not only are they a small sliver of the Republican party, but the states that they dominate are sparsely populated and have few electoral votes.
Oh, Mike, how soon we forget that all those little red states in the south and midwest added up to give W the nod for a second term.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

:lol: unlimited wytching with that one.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

RumpleForeskin wrote: Oh, Mike, how soon we forget that all those little red states in the south and midwest added up to give W the nod for a second term.
The only person I want to hear "Oh mike" from is my OL as I'm giving her the tubesteak from behind. Kindly refrain in the future.

Dubya won because Kerry ran a shitty campaign (causing a lot of independents to go with Bush)and a lot of people felt that you don't switch Presidents in the middle of a war, not because of the "Religious Right". You think predominantly nog states in the souf like AL, MS, GA, and LA were won because of the turnout by the Religious Right? Gimme a break.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
This article from Politico.com does a pretty good job explaining why Hillary's best chance to win the nomination might have already passed her by.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8363.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

I didn't really get a whole lot out of that article, B.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Goober McTuber wrote:

That's really McCrazy's only hope.

A Liberal Republican is worse than a DemocRat because the DemocRats will get pretty much what they want from him, and the Stupid Party members in congress won't oppose him lest they be accused of disloyalty to their party.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I didn't really get a whole lot out of that article, B.
Fuckin IE users. :meds:

Here's the Ctrl-Cuda version...
Five reasons Hillary should be worried

By: Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen
Feb 6, 2008 02:31 PM EST

Former first lady holds a slight overall edge in delegates but the map, money and momentum favor Obama.

Hillary Clinton survived a Super Tuesday scare. But there are five big reasons the former first lady should be spooked by the current trajectory of the campaign.

Longtime Clinton friends say she recognizes the peril in careening between near-death primary night experiences and small-bore victories.

Although the friends did not have details, they believe she may go ahead with the campaign shake-up she had been planning just before her surprise victory in New Hampshire.

Her team is girding for trench warfare, telling reporters that the nomination will not be decided until at least the Pennsylvania primary on April 22, if then.

Clinton aides told reporters on a conference call today that the Democratic Party’s complex delegate allocation rules mean that neither candidate is likely to take a sizable lead in the foreseeable future.

While Clinton’s campaign gloated about having the most total delegates for the cycle so far, her staff nevertheless recognizes that Super Tuesday was no triumph. Here’s why:

1. She lost the delegate derby. Pure and simple, this is a war to win delegates, one that might not be decided until this summer’s Democratic convention. And when the smoke cleared this morning, it appeared that Barack Obama had ended up with slightly more delegates in the 22 states. Obama’s campaign says the senator finished ahead by 14 delegates.

With results still coming in, Clinton’s campaign says the candidates finished within five or six delegates of each other. Either way, Super Tuesday was essentially a draw. Clinton may still hold the edge overall, but Obama is closing in rapidly.

2. She essentially tied Obama in the popular vote. Each won just over 7.3 million votes, a level of parity that was unthinkable as recently as a few weeks ago. At the time, national polls showed Clinton with a commanding lead — in some cases, by 10 points or more. That dominance is now gone. One reason is that polls and primary results reveal that the more voters get to know Obama, the more they seem to like him. This is especially troubling for Clinton since the schedule slows dramatically now and a full month will pass before the next big-state showdown.

All of this allows candidates ample time to introduce themselves to voters in each state — which plays to Obama’s core strengths.

3. She lost more states. Obama carried 14 states, six more than Clinton, and showed appeal in every geographical region.

His win in bellwether Missouri was impressive by nearly every measure, marked by victories among men and women, secular and churchgoing voters, and urban and suburban voters.

4. She lost the January cash war. Money chases momentum, so Obama crushing’s 2-to-1 fundraising victory last month is revealing.

He raised more than $31 million; Clinton raised less than $14 million. The implication is hard to ignore: Democratic activists and donors are flocking to Obama at a pace that could have a profound effect on the race going forward.

5. The calendar is her enemy. Now that more than half the states have weighed in, there is a fairly predictable formula for determining who is most likely to win the upcoming contests.

In caucus states, Obama’s organizational strength shines: He has won seven of eight. Up next are three more caucus states, Washington, Nebraska and Maine.

Obama also runs tremendously well in states with large African-American populations, another promising sign since next Tuesday’s three primaries are in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia — all of which have significant percentages of black voters.

Then comes another caucus state, Hawaii, where Obama is viewed as a native son.

The bottom line is that it figures to be another month before Clinton hits a stretch of states — places like Ohio and Pennsylvania — where she will be strongly favored to win.

So it couldn’t be any clearer as to why the supposedly inevitable candidacy is anything but — even when she’s supposedly winning.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
I seriously doubt that.

OK a number might, but the number will be miniscule.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Voice of Reason wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:That is the problem with the GOP contingent. All those fuckers are listening to Hannity, Rush, Berry, etc.

Um...The "Republican" radio honks want the democrats to win the election.

Rush was trying his hardest (by the same way of turning off Republican voters) to get Bush out last election too.

He doesn't really believe the shit he says, he's a fucking fictional personality. And its better for his ratings and his pocketbook to have a democrat in office. Makes his job easier, as its simple to drum up dissention against whoever's in charge.

Most dittoheads are too fucking retarded to even realize that Rush isn't on their side.
so Rush lost listeners the last 8 years Bush was in office?

shut the fuck up moron.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Nogs are only 13% of the population
Not in the south, they're not...although they DO vote in significantly fewer elections, especially if they're poor, which many are.
...and about half of them are in prison.
:lol:
They are a completely inconsequential constituency. The population demographics have been shifting south for a long time.
Normally I'd agree with you on this, but if Obama is on the ticket, I'd expect the nog voting to at least double over elections when it's one honkey vs another and they just vote for whoever will continue giving them foodstamps.
It is difficult, if not impossible to win without a strong showing in the south most particularly for Republicans as they lack strength in the northeast.
Agreed, but that has nothing to do with the religious wackos.
BTW, Florida and Texas are not sparsely populated with few electoral votes. If you equate "The South" with the former Confederate states, you are talking about 153 electoral votes out of the 270 needed to clinch. Not exactly chump change.
I specifically listed the states that I was talking about:
OCmike wrote:You think predominantly nog states in the souf like AL, MS, GA, and LA...
Texas votes predominantly Republican, with the exception of the Austin area, which is an odd oasis of ultra-libs.

As for FLA, the only area that I'd consider part of the south is the panhandle, which is essentially southern Alabama and southern Georgia, more than northern Florida. Ever been there? With the exception of Jacksonville, which is like 80% nog, most of northern Florida are deep south gun-totin' hillbilly rednecks.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

titlover wrote: so Rush lost listeners the last 8 years Bush was in office?

shut the fuck up moron.
Rush has always had better numbers when he was an administration basher rather than an administration cheerleader. Tell me you knew... Hell, he did so well during the Clinton Administration that he parlayed his popularity into a tv show for awhile.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I will never not laugh at people who listen to and get political opinions from a guy who doesn't know what the word "liberal" means, yet uses it at least every 30 seconds.

No, but seriously -- he looks good on you though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Mace wrote:
mvscal wrote:Yeah. He's got the biggest show on AM radio and has for years.
Bigger than Rome?? Get outta here! :)

Okay, Rome is probably on the FM dial....and I haven't listened to him for years either.

Mace
They both stopped being funny at about the same time.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Mace wrote:
Rush apparently remains popular (judging from the numbers mvscal posted). He must get an amazing number of new listeners every year to compensate for the ones no longer listening.

Mace
He's always been popular with the silver-haired crowd. He'll start dropping in the ratings as soon as people stop getting old.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

OCmike wrote:He's always been popular with the silver-haired crowd.

So now we get to the bottom of it as to why Mace stopped listening over 10 years ago.