Tito is a fukkin' idjit.

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Tito is a fukkin' idjit.

Post by smackaholic »

Tonite the baseball gods hand terry a present. They put the sox eleventy runs up in the 5th. This gives him the opportunity to tell josh, great job kid, why don't you go home early tonite and pound the OL for me.

This accomplishes a few things. It means Beckett can come back very fresh for game 4 or maybe even three. It also limits the number of times the rockies get to see his stuff. It also gives the drum corp errrr sox pen something to do for the night. Instead josh raises his pitch count to where he ain't pitching game three and possibly not 4. It also gives the rock bats a few more looks at him.

This is huge. diceK and curt ain't exactly been tearing it up, whereas beckett is buttfucking everything that comes his way and eh ain't givin' no reach arounds. He is as dominant as anybody ever gets. You run him out there 3 times and you pretty much have 3 Ws in the bank.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

So, you wanted him to waste the bullpen in a blowout win with a game the next day? Plus, wouldn't you prefer to have the bullpen intact for Schilling's start tomorrow?

He went 7 innings and threw only 93 pitches and he probably could've gone another inning. I think Francona did what he had to do. You win the game you're playing before you worry about the rest of the series...right Lou Piniella? Had he taken out Beckett after 5 innings and the bullpen let the Rockies back in the game...wouldn't there have been some second-guessing there? He got quick innings out of Gagne and Timlin so even those guys aren't out of play for Thursday.

I see what you're saying with trying to squeeze him in for 3 starts in the series. If he started again in Game 4 instead of Game 5, he'd have 3 days rest before a possible Game 7 instead of just 2 days but the Sox did okay with going with a 4-man rotation against Cleveland and throwing Dice-K in Game 7 and never had to use Beckett. I'm fairly sure if he doesn't have too taxing of a start in Game 5, he'd be available in Game 7...if it even goes that far.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Gotta agree with Shoalzlie- Tito is a terrible manager- any Phillies fan can tell you that. That being said, he knows he is going to need his bullpen in Colorado. Beckett gave them exactly what they needed- 1 more day of rest.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

if it's 6-1 or even 9-1, I agree. But, thirfukkingteen to one? Put that fukking stallion back in the barn. You don't need him.

They could have sat him down with a pitch count around 65. You could then run him out there again in game three which means a wel rested beckett for game 7, if it gets there.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

They could have safely used Gagne for 4 or 5 innings without wasting the bullpen at all.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

gagne's last few outtings he's looked OK. Ofcourse having a 12 run lead will do that for ya. If gagne had been brought in in the 6th, it could have done him some good.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

smackaholic wrote:They could have sat him down with a pitch count around 65. You could then run him out there again in game three which means a wel rested beckett for game 7, if it gets there.
Game 3? You're kidding, right?

If he pitches again in Game 3, he does so on only 2 days rest. Even with a short outing last night, there's no way the Red Sox would/should do that.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

i think it's three days with the day off for travel. or is that considered 2 days?

OK, so he goes in game 4

i would think the recovery time from a 65 pitch outing is shorter than a 90 pitch one, but maybe it isn't that much different and I am totally full of shit.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

smackaholic wrote:i think it's three days with the day off for travel. or is that considered 2 days?

OK, so he goes in game 4

i would think the recovery time from a 65 pitch outing is shorter than a 90 pitch one, but maybe it isn't that much different and I am totally full of shit.
I think the recovery time for a guy who throws 95mph+ on most pitches is longer than a guy who can't muster above 85 on his best fastball if they both have a pitch count of 65 or 90. Just ask Paul Byrd. :D I'm guessing Tito thinks Boston takes 2 at home, splits the first 2 in Colorado and then has Beckett fresh for game 5 and the WS win.

Not a bad strategy.

If he took Beckett out early and tried to bring him back on game 4, he'd probably only have him for 5-6 innings. If he gets hit around (and crazy shit can happen in CO) then he's back to using his pen, again and Beckett may not be available till game 7 in a bullpen role.

But if he gets Beckett on full rest he's banking on 2 wins and 8 innings each outting. He then only needs 2 more wins between Schilling/Matu/Lester (and or bullpen).
Jack
enigma

Re: Tito is a fukkin' idjit.

Post by Jack »

smackaholic wrote:Tonite the baseball gods hand terry a present. They put the sox eleventy runs up in the 5th. This gives him the opportunity to tell josh, great job kid, why don't you go home early tonite and pound the OL for me.

This accomplishes a few things. It means Beckett can come back very fresh for game 4 or maybe even three. It also limits the number of times the rockies get to see his stuff. It also gives the drum corp errrr sox pen something to do for the night. Instead josh raises his pitch count to where he ain't pitching game three and possibly not 4. It also gives the rock bats a few more looks at him.

This is huge. diceK and curt ain't exactly been tearing it up, whereas beckett is buttfucking everything that comes his way and eh ain't givin' no reach arounds. He is as dominant as anybody ever gets. You run him out there 3 times and you pretty much have 3 Ws in the bank.
Are you just echoing Tim McCarver or do you really believe what you wrote.

RELAX!!

Listen to Shoalzie! He has a clue!!

Tim McCarver is the real idiot here!!

Some of Tim's quotes..

"Something to keep in mind -- it's raining lightly. The infield could be very wet on ground balls."

August 19, 2006 Yankees @ Red Sox. "Pitching is such a vital part of the game, as far as winning is concerned"

"He wears his hat like a left hander!"

It's better to have a fast runner on base than a slow one."

"One thing about ground balls. They don't go out of the ball park."

http://www.shutuptimmccarver.com/gems.htm

2004 ALCS, Game 5? Red Sox vs. Yankees . David Ortiz hit a home run into right field. Tim: "Mt. Everest erupts again!"
.....too bad Mt. Everest isn't a volcano!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

tim mccarver is an absolute fukking idiot as a color commentator. i try not to get my info from him. he did make similar ramblings wednesday night, but, even he can get something right.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

why the fukk are fox baseball commentators to fukking bad, anyhooo?

i think i know why.

it's because it doesn't fukking matter. it ain't like somebody's gonna say, fukk you mccarver, i think i'll watch the game on ABC instead. i have tried turning the sound down and listening to the much better radio dude, but, trouble is, they put a fukking delay on it and it is maddening to listen/watch the out of sync broadcasts.

bottm line is, jtr could be in the booth and we'd still watch, probably with no audio at all, but, we'd still watch.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

smackaholic wrote:why the fukk are fox baseball commentators to fukking bad, anyhooo?

i think i know why.

it's because it doesn't fukking matter. it ain't like somebody's gonna say, fukk you mccarver, i think i'll watch the game on ABC instead. i have tried turning the sound down and listening to the much better radio dude, but, trouble is, they put a fukking delay on it and it is maddening to listen/watch the out of sync broadcasts.

bottm line is, jtr could be in the booth and we'd still watch, probably with no audio at all, but, we'd still watch.
True on all accounts, but I always thought NBC had decent baseball announcers back when they still had MLB.

All-time favorite announcing team (and I know I'll catch plenty of shit for this): Bob Costas and Tony Kubek.

Say what you will about Costas, but I always thought he had a good feel for the game. Of course, he also has a flair for the (overly) melodramatic, but you take the bad with the good. Kubek was a bit on the preachy side at times, but he definitely knew his stuff, especially if you compare him to McCarver.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

my fukkin dog knows here stuff compared to mccarver. my favorite nbc dude was joe garage-e-hola. for the playoffs the networks should just hire the best of the local guys, preferably radio dudes. they are much better.

i think for the next game, i'll tune into the red sox radio spic dude. the delay won't be as bothersome since I won't know what the fukk he's saying, but, he is still a hell of a lot more entertaining to listen to.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese. EOS.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Back to the original premise of this thread . . .
Tito is a fukkin' idjit
Let's not forget, this franchise spent most of the past century being the sorriest fukkin' MLB franchise in the world not located in Chicago. From no World Series in 86 years, he now has two in four years. Yeah, some idjit, all right. :meds:

If I were Red Sox fan (and I'm pretty sure I'd sell my kids to gypsies before I'd let that happen), I'd be kissing this guy's feet ass right about now.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, I don't think that decision back-fired on the Tito, did it? Props to him...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yes, props to tito.

how many ribbies did he have again?

rack him for getting over twice, but, to tell you the truth, i think terry shiavo could have managed this bunch to a ring.

this fukking team is absolutely loaded from top to bottom with talent. And not just stat padding august talent. these guys are fukking nails when it is on the line. and from the looks of things, the sox just might have to build a bigger trophy cabinet.

as for terry's decisions, i think he made another bad move last night. lester was pretty much lights out and tito yanks him after 1 walk and it damn near cost him the game.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

smackaholic wrote:rack him for getting over twice, but, to tell you the truth, i think terry shiavo could have managed this bunch to a ring.

this fukking team is absolutely loaded from top to bottom with talent. And not just stat padding august talent. these guys are fukking nails when it is on the line. and from the looks of things, the sox just might have to build a bigger trophy cabinet.

as for terry's decisions, i think he made another bad move last night. lester was pretty much lights out and tito yanks him after 1 walk and it damn near cost him the game.

He gets results, that's the bottom line. I think he is a tad overrated because of liked you mentioned, "this fukking team is absolutely loaded from top to bottom with talent". All he needs to do is not over-manage. I guess some of your concerns can be justified because he shouldn't get in the way and just let the guys on the field get it done because most of them are championship players in the past. Both Lowell and Beckett had rings prior to coming to Boston...no shock that both guys didn't pucker in pressure situations. A young team like the Rockies need a good button-pusher. Hurdle is a good manager but imagine what the Rockies would be like with a veteran manager like a Jim Leyland or Joe Torre that has been through these battles. On the other hand, a savvy veteran team like the Red Sox just needs a smart baseball guy that doesn't overthink and try to outsmart himself. If he makes the simple decisions correctly, the 9 guys on the field will make him look smart.