Game of the Week

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Game of the Week

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Give your opinion on what you think will be the game of the week and breakdown the match-up and who should win.

Week 1

Everyone's eyes seem to be fixated on Tennessee and Cal, but I am going to go in a different direction for week one.

Oklahoma St. vs. Georgia

Georgia has a lot of freshman playing starting for them on both sides of the ball which could be difficult getting into a groove to start the game with all the adrenalin and noise going on in Athens this weekend. Georgia is also starting tailback Thomas Brown who is returning from injury in 2006. Running behind a line with 2 freshman starting and coming back from injury could create some issues for the Bulldogs in the early going against the Cowboys. Aside from that, Georgia returns a tall receiving core in Sean Bailey and Mohamed Massaquoi. They also return Matthew Stafford who turned in a horrendous freshmen year last season by tossing only 7 touchdowns and throwing 13 interceptions. The job is still his, but Joe Cox could be called upon as the first team QB if Stafford's struggles continue. The defense should be much improved this year with the young secondary gaining a lot of on-field experience from a year ago, so I think Georgia will be able to keep games close this year with that side of the ball playing better this year.

Oklahoma State's offense is one of the scariest in the nation with the explosive of trio of QB Bobby Reid, WR Adarius Bowman, and RB Dantrell Savage. This combination will create havoc for opposing defenses everywhere and the Cowboys are capable of making you a shootout game if need be. The defense, on the other hand, have issues. They should be better this year, but they are susceptible to giving up to the big play a lot. If the front four can control the line of scrimmage, then they can reduce the big play by getting pressure on the quarterback.

Breakdown

Quarterbacks - Oklahoma St.
Running backs - Oklahoma St.
Wide Receivers - Oklahoma St.
Offensive Line - Georgia
Defensive Line - Georgia
Linebackers - Georgia
Secondary - Georgia
Intangibles - Georgia

I think this game will turn into somewhat of a shootout. Georgia will try to keep the ball on the ground and control the clock, but won't be able to do so for the full 60 minutes. I think Georgia's special teams will make a big play which will ultimately be the difference of the game and Georgia will win by a very small margin and avoid facing South Carolina 0-1.

Georgia 30 Oklahoma St. 27
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I thought this would draw some interest considering the peeps here. Guess not.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

OSU_stud was just typing his response, but now you scared him off.

Also, as you said, we're focusing on UT/Cal. A Cal victory would essentially be a disaster on this board. It's not likely, though...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

PSUFAN wrote:OSU_stud was just typing his response, but now you scared him off.

Also, as you said, we're focusing on UT/Cal. A Cal victory would essentially be a disaster on this board. It's not likely, though...
I dunno about that PSU. I think UT is greatly overrated and Phil Fulmer is a moron....
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

the absolute worst thing that could happen to this board is CAL wins a MNC...

ugh...
OStUd
C'mon Honey, Get Back in the Tahoe

Post by OStUd »

Your shit shootin' strait Okalahoma State vs Georgia is the game of the week.

Picking OSU over Georgia is easier than me getting pussy in the back of my new Chevy Tahoe.

There is all kinds room back there for wratslin, fucking and a bail load of Coors Light "the real mans beer"

Yeah, you don't have to ask, I have fucked them both.

All I'm saying is cowyboys know a little something about being between the hedges, I know I do.

Oklahoma St 63 Georgia 10.
Real men don't fight they wrestle!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

The sad part is that I actually like Cal but knowing M2 will gloat so damn much if they do anything makes them hard to cheer for. So where was he back when Cal sucked? I dislike Tenn so I guess I'll still root for Cal anyway then call m2 a board-bitch if they win and he does his inevitable gloat-thread.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Georgia-fans are cocky as hell about their game with Okie State, love to see the cowpokes get a quality noncon win.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

OStUd wrote:Oklahoma St 63 Georgia 10.
:lol:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

turnovers will be a small margin for error with OkSU this year. they'll score points....but against good teams i see them turning it over.

UGA barely squeaked by 0-2 Colorado last year in Athens, after and only after Dan Hawkins outsmarted himself (as usual, last year).

i have no sense of this game whatsoever....and OK Aggie is always a mystery of absurd expectations, Heisman trios, and reality. don't know much about UGA except for Stafford, Richt, and.....they lost to Vandy last year, i know that.

if i had to bet the game, i'd take UGA and lay the points based on the home field. OSU is a team i stay away from.....and not a good OOC road team that i can recall, except beating UCLA a few years ago.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

RACK OStUd! The silver bullet never EVER looked so good.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

King Crimson wrote:turnovers will be a small margin for error with OkSU this year. they'll score points....but against good teams i see them turning it over.

UGA barely squeaked by 0-2 Colorado last year in Athens, after and only after Dan Hawkins outsmarted himself (as usual, last year).

i have no sense of this game whatsoever....and OK Aggie is always a mystery of absurd expectations, Heisman trios, and reality. don't know much about UGA except for Stafford, Richt, and.....they lost to Vandy last year, i know that.

if i had to bet the game, i'd take UGA and lay the points based on the home field. OSU is a team i stay away from.....and not a good OOC road team that i can recall, except beating UCLA a few years ago.
Okie State does tend to struggle OOC, when they do anything it tends to be by coming-on in conference-play. Hopefully the aggies can break that streak and come-out firing.