Kevin Lowe is an asshat

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Kevin Lowe is an asshat

Post by Adelpiero »

congrats dickwad, you have just fucked every team in the nhl for the next 3-5 years with your assanine offers. oh, you probably feel its funny, but dickhead, you will pay.

the gm's in the league wont forget this bush league bullshit your pulling.

the nhl needs to get involved immediately, these offers aren't even sensible, they are asshole moves by a horrible GM.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's a little much to say he's screwing every team. Crazy moves or not, he's very calculated with what he's doing. He's had a hard time attracting free agents to his team so he's rolling the dice by offering a huge contract to an RFA and forcing the other team to either match or let the guy go but receive several picks as compensation. You just know another team will try to do the same thing to Lowe when one of his young studs is an RFA. With Penner, he probably didn't need to offer as much to him as he did since the Ducks are in a cap pinch as it is. Selanne and Niedermayer are undecided on their future and as it is, the Ducks are over $49 million in payroll with Niedermayer on the books with the cap at $50.3 million. What he is doing is not against the rules...not by any means. Any team can go after another team's restricted free agents if they are willing to pay the hefty toll. Lowe is probably breakings some code among GMs but if he wants to be a renegade, it's not like every team is automatically going to follow suit. Every offseason will have guys getting overpayed...it's all about how much a team is willing to pay a guy and if they can fit it under the cap. I'm not shedding any tears for the Ducks...they didn't have to go out and sign Bertuzzi or Schneider this summer and leave them little room to re-sign Penner.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Not that I think the sun shines out of Lowe's ass or anything but I think Kevin is just ahead of the curve on this. With the competetive nature that that salary cap has created in regards to nsaring FAs you will see more and more of this as time goes on. He's in a bind and is doing everything and anything to ensure that his team stays competetive. The owners and fans would accept nothing less from any GM let alone one in Edmonton. Burke can piss and moan all he wants. It easy to say you'd take the high road when your team is walking around the streets with the Cup and you still have oodles of talent skating in your uniforms.

So what if Lowe makes some enemies. He didnt screw every team in the league. Some GMs out there are quietly agreeing that he had no choice you can bet on that. They're also just happy as hell he didnt make the offer to one of their guys. Any jackass can go through his career without pissing someone off but like I said, Kevin Lowe is just a bit ahead of how things WILL be.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

I like what Lowe is doing. He's giving the screws to a conference team. Burke, that Bryan Murray gravy-training dimwit, can go fuck himself.

I laugh at Burke. He overpaid for Big Bert and was gonna low ball that Penner kid.

It made my day to hear that Burke's day with the cup was ruined.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

lowball penner?

and overpaid for bert?

bert has earned his contract

penner hasnt earned shit yet. hes lucky dumbass lowe was there to inflate his contract, because noone else was. assanine offer. he offers 2.5-3 high, but acceptable, 4.3 is a joke!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:bert has earned his contract
3 goals in 15 regular games and 3 goals in 16 playoff games...yeah, he's worth $4 million a year. Burke is taking a gamble with him on a two year deal. The Wings wanted him back but only for one year given his injury issues last year. I guess we'll have to see if he returns to form playing in Selanne's spot on that top line.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Shoalzie wrote:
3 goals in 15 regular games and 3 goals in 16 playoff games...yeah, he's worth $4 million a year. Burke is taking a gamble with him on a two year deal. The Wings wanted him back but only for one year given his injury issues last year. I guess we'll have to see if he returns to form playing in Selanne's spot on that top line.
oh ok, so his whole career is a wash because he came back from injury??? very weak argument.

725 games 540 points. yeah, he hasnt earned the right to a 4mil contract off of injury. he was worth 7-8mil per before his injury to many teams.

penner has done NOTHING to earn 2mil a year, let alone 4mil+
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

lee stempniak is a year younger, and had more points. he was worth 2ish mil on a new contract. and a better player in my opinion.Not by a lot, but a better player.

see how foolish lowe looks. The retard lowe knew blues wouldnt match that offer sheet and would rape him with picks. Anaheim is in different boat, they should take him to the woodshed and take those picks. let him sit on that idiot contract and rot in hell. id hate to be next edmonton gm, they are going to be fucked.

david backes 2 years younger will have same or better stats than penner in a full season. so give him 4mil also??? See how it fucks other teams.
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Re: Kevin Lowe is an asshat

Post by Joey Moss »

Here are some things I would like to clear up,

1.) The Edmonton Oilers have lost the most players to offer sheets. Where was outrage when that happened?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_player ... fer_sheets

2.) Why are blues fans so upset? They have sent more offer sheets than anyone else.

3.) Kevin Lowe is spending the same value of money that he was in 2004-04 season. $33 mil Canadian in 2004 = ~$42 mil USD in 2007.

4.) There is a salary cap. So this won't cause the downfall of the NHL. It means teams might have to spend more on their RFAs which means less on attracting new UFAs...

5.) Kevin Lowe is not the cause of the salary increase. He thought $5.6 for 5 years was too much for Smyth. Then the Flyers raised the bar when they signed a 25 year old Scot Hartnell (22g-17a-39p) to $4.2/yr for 6 years. That set the bar for all the UFA signings. But I see your point, apparently being 25 and a UFA it's ok to make $4/yr as a 39 point scorer but $4 mil to a 6'4 245 lbs 24 year old Dustin Penner and his 45 points (29g-16a) is crazy.

5.) Kevin Lowe's job is to try to make his team better. Edmonton has prospects out the ass, more money than they can spend, and two 1st round picks next year. Making these offer sheets it does a few things for the Oilers. 1) Edmonton either gets the power forward they need (they only have 4 players for their 1st 2 lines) or 2) it causes the rival team to eat up cap space by spending more money than they wanted to on their RFA. That's a win-win for Edmonton. His othe option was to not do anything and watch his team suck.

6.) Is Penner worth $4.25 mil/yr? No. But if you want to attract player from another team you have to pay them MORE than they would get from their team. A) So they sign it. & B) So the team doesn't match.

7.) All Bertuzzi has proven is that he WAS a great player. What's his mental state since the Moore incident? How long is his back going to hold out this year? $4 mil seems like a risk. Another risk Burke took was signing Schneider to a $5.625 million dollar contract when he doesn't know if Neidermeyer is retiring or not.

8.) Lee Stempniak is making $2.5 mil for 3 years. What would he make on a 5 year contract? $3 mil? $3.5 mil? Take that number and add a RFA premium to it as see where you end up.

9.) Lowe may be a retard, but our retard got our team to the Stanley Cup Final by fleecing your retard...
GET-ZKY!!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:
oh ok, so his whole career is a wash because he came back from injury??? very weak argument.

The Panthers traded Luongo for him and then traded him to the Wings a mid-round draft pick and C-level prospect when other potential UFAs like Tkachuk, Guerin and Forsberg were commanding multiple first round picks and prospects. Bertuzzi's stock has gone down a great deal after this past season. Back injuries are career altering and then you throw in the fact he runs into Osgood during a game he was playing through a concussion for most of the playoffs. The guy is now considered injury-proned and isn't being looked upon as the same badass that could score 30-40 goals a year. He's also not played with the same edge after the Moore incident. Don't deny that he's not the same player he was before that happened. At this point in his career, he's a risk until he can prove he's able to play a full season and produce.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Joey Moss wrote:Here are some things I would like to clear up,

1.) The Edmonton Oilers have lost the most players to offer sheets. Where was outrage when that happened?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_player ... fer_sheets

2.) Why are blues fans so upset? They have sent more offer sheets than anyone else.

3.) Kevin Lowe is spending the same value of money that he was in 2004-04 season. $33 mil Canadian in 2004 = ~$42 mil USD in 2007.

4.) There is a salary cap. So this won't cause the downfall of the NHL. It means teams might have to spend more on their RFAs which means less on attracting new UFAs...

5.) Kevin Lowe is not the cause of the salary increase. He thought $5.6 for 5 years was too much for Smyth. Then the Flyers raised the bar when they signed a 25 year old Scot Hartnell (22g-17a-39p) to $4.2/yr for 6 years. That set the bar for all the UFA signings. But I see your point, apparently being 25 and a UFA it's ok to make $4/yr as a 39 point scorer but $4 mil to a 6'4 245 lbs 24 year old Dustin Penner and his 45 points (29g-16a) is crazy.

5.) Kevin Lowe's job is to try to make his team better. Edmonton has prospects out the ass, more money than they can spend, and two 1st round picks next year. Making these offer sheets it does a few things for the Oilers. 1) Edmonton either gets the power forward they need (they only have 4 players for their 1st 2 lines) or 2) it causes the rival team to eat up cap space by spending more money than they wanted to on their RFA. That's a win-win for Edmonton. His othe option was to not do anything and watch his team suck.

6.) Is Penner worth $4.25 mil/yr? No. But if you want to attract player from another team you have to pay them MORE than they would get from their team. A) So they sign it. & B) So the team doesn't match.

7.) All Bertuzzi has proven is that he WAS a great player. What's his mental state since the Moore incident? How long is his back going to hold out this year? $4 mil seems like a risk. Another risk Burke took was signing Schneider to a $5.625 million dollar contract when he doesn't know if Neidermeyer is retiring or not.

8.) Lee Stempniak is making $2.5 mil for 3 years. What would he make on a 5 year contract? $3 mil? $3.5 mil? Take that number and add a RFA premium to it as see where you end up.

9.) Lowe may be a retard, but our retard got our team to the Stanley Cup Final by fleecing your retard...

Shaddup newfie.
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

Cicatrix wrote:Shaddup newfie.
Eh dair boy. Yous gots any jobs in Elberta fer me and da missus?
GET-ZKY!!!!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rack burke

lowe can build around his 20 goal scorer. and get stuck with that assanine contract for 4 years. buwahaha

he's proof that players always dont make good gm's.
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

Adelpiero wrote:rack burke

lowe can build around his 20 goal scorer. and get stuck with that assanine contract for 4 years. buwahaha

he's proof that players always dont make good gm's.

I like how you ignored all of my points and then laughed...
Granted it's not an $6mil/yr contract to a 33 year old playoff performer like Paul Karyia. (82gm 24g-52a-76p).

Only 2 active GM's have won more playoff series than Lowe in the cap era of the NHL. But you might be right, because if any team's fans should be able to pick out bad GMs it should be the Blues fans.
GET-ZKY!!!!
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Adelphia is just babbling. He has a chip on his shoulder regarding Lowe and nothing anyone says is gonna change that.

As a non Oiler fan... imo I like what Lowe has done this off season. He has accumulated a lot of pieces. If he had gotten Nylander...he might have had the best off-season of the league. So I'm inclined to believe that Lowe isn't even finished. I think he wants one more forward.

I just can't get over the sour grapes on Burke & Ducksfan. It's unbelievable.. I can soon forget that Burke is a muttonheaded windbag. I can soon forget that he's paying Big Bert & Schneider almost $10 million between them....but I won't soon forget that he melted in the press and called Thee Kevin Lowe "Gutless & classless". Wow

It wasn't even 3 months ago that everyone (and I mean everyone) in the media was lamenting that no one wants to play in Edmonton. Lowe responded with the universal language...and got results. Within the rules. Penner may be just that good. Just as Big Bert may rejuvenate his sagging career in Anaheim.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."