Goin' to Ocean City...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Goin' to Ocean City...

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

It's that mystical, magical time in which the LabRat family bops off for vacation.

Originally, we were going to my fraternity convention in Williamsburg, VA, but my wife and I both realized that despite Alpha Chi Rho's efforts at making the things more "family friendly," they really aren't. I'd get dragged into hours-long meetings (the current execs like to try to drag former execs back into the fold...it's like the mob), the kids would probably not dig Colonial Williamsburg quite yet (they're eight and two), and not much true vacationing would probably get done.

Instead, we're renting a beach house with two other families (friends of ours, one of whom is a fellow AXP) in Ocean City for about a week and a half. We leave Thursday. We're stopping halfway to stay o/n in a hotel. The wives have signed up for surf lessons, the dads are taking the oldest kids fishing, the adults are taking turns babysitting so others can go partying (my birthday -and that of the other AXP guy- is on the 8th, so some Scotch just might be consumed). No internet fun (hell, I'm even leaving the new MacBook behind). We're bringing the GameCube in case of rain.

It could be great. It could be hell.

Any tips (good bars? restaurants?) from folks who've been there?

And no, I will not be posting photos upon my return.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

http://www.ococean.com/webcam.html

Looks kinda dark there at 10:40 PM EDT or so.
Check out the links--- looks like quite a few tourist traps
but what do you expect.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Re: Goin' to Ocean City...

Post by Trampis »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:It's that mystical, magical time in which the LabRat family bops off for vacation.

Originally, we were going to my fraternity convention in Williamsburg, VA,
Oh thats great,what beer bongs and pissing contests?Maybe sing a stupid brotherhood of the Chi Whtevr fraternity fight song?Bizzare if you ask me.
Instead, we're renting a beach house with two other families (friends of ours, one of whom is a fellow AXP)
Whos wife do you want to bop?You perverted sickos!
The wives have signed up for surf lessons, the dads are taking the oldest kids fishing, the adults are taking turns babysitting so others can go partying
OK, at least the wifes get to some strange surfer dude.Lets see,wifes,dads,kids and adults,...sooo I dont get it...arnt wifes and dads adults?Are you renting adults to bring with you?
We're bringing the GameCube in case of rain.
Whats a gamecube?

WHAT IN THE HELL IS AN AXP? Army x person, a x p=moron.Help me out lab rat.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Trampis wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote:It's that mystical, magical time in which the LabRat family bops off for vacation.

Originally, we were going to my fraternity convention in Williamsburg, VA,
Oh thats great,what beer bongs and pissing contests?Maybe sing a stupid brotherhood of the Chi Whtevr fraternity fight song?Bizzare if you ask me.
Delightful. A clueless GDI chiming in.

Actually numbnut, a fraternity national convention involves alumni and delegates from every Chapter converging to hold official business (budgetary reports, national officer reports), formal banquets, committee meetings, individual and Chapter awards given by the National Fraternity, AND partying. As a past national officer, I my wife and I get to go to the "invite only" open bar stuff held by our National President. They try to set aside time so that Brothers who bring their families can go spend time with them, but it never quite works out that way.
Trampis wrote:WHAT IN THE HELL IS AN AXP? Army x person, a x p=moron.Help me out lab rat.
AXP = Alpha Chi Rho. It's a national fraternity. The one to which I belong.

As for the rest of your rambling, semi-incoherent post...adjust your meds, either up or down, because the current dosage just isn't working for you.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Mike- I am assuming Ocean City, MD? or is it Ocean City, NJ? I can help you with MD- but I don't go near the Jersey beaches
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

BBMarley wrote:Mike- I am assuming Ocean City, MD? or is it Ocean City, NJ? I can help you with MD- but I don't go near the Jersey beaches
Yep. Maryland.

BTW to BigO: Thanks for the link!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

TLR--a former student runs a place down there, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it !
Have fun, no matter what anybody says. I remember how important those family vacation trips were to me before the new school year started.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

Trampis wrote:
Instead, we're renting a beach house with two other families (friends of ours, one of whom is a fellow AXP)
Whos wife do you want to bop?You perverted sickos!
He's not perverted. He's just Italian.

Off topic, I do wonder why everything revolves around his fraternity, and not her sorority, or her desires. Oh well. You marry whom you marry. And if homegirl is down with the swap (or even the brokeback), it's all good, right?
on a short leash, apparently.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:
BBMarley wrote:Mike- I am assuming Ocean City, MD? or is it Ocean City, NJ? I can help you with MD- but I don't go near the Jersey beaches
Yep. Maryland.

BTW to BigO: Thanks for the link!
Well- depends on what you are looking for. Make certain one dinner trip is to the Bonfire. Large buffett- seafood, steak, etc and decently priced. Good trip for the whole family. Not sure ages of all kids going- but if you can get a babysitter one night/day- the adults should try to get away to go to Seacrets. Its a bar right on the bay side- they have rafts you can go out in and some really good rum drinks... Let me talk to the wife abotu some more good restaurant ideas- and I will let you know.

Alot of good stuff for the kids there- water parks, mini golf courses and the boardwalk for the kids is great.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Honestly? Skip OC, Maryland altogether.. it's an overgrown wannabe resort town with large condo and apartment complexes blocking any view of the beach. There are a few decent places to eat but enjoy the beaches and quiet of Fenwick Island (just north of Ocean City) or take the family to Bethany Beach, DE which is north of Fenwick. Bethany has a decent downtown area and it's 99% families. (there is also a mini-boardwalk if you have young kids).
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Risa wrote:Off topic, I do wonder why everything revolves around his fraternity, and not her sorority, or her desires. Oh well. You marry whom you marry. And if homegirl is down with the swap (or even the brokeback), it's all good, right?
You obviously haven't read very many of Mike's posts. I'll just sit back and enjoy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

BSmack wrote:You obviously haven't read very many of Mike's posts.
True, because those can't be found on Dlisted.
Risa

Post by Risa »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:True, because those can't be found on Dlisted.
Word.

Dlisted rocks... and I try not to post without giving an attribution. Usually. (Thanks DrDetroit, wherever you are.)

BSmack wrote:
Risa wrote:Off topic, I do wonder why everything revolves around his fraternity, and not her sorority, or her desires. Oh well. You marry whom you marry. And if homegirl is down with the swap (or even the brokeback), it's all good, right?
You obviously haven't read very many of Mike's posts. I'll just sit back and enjoy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike isn't stereotypically Italian, sexually; or Mike is henpecked?

I don't know, man. It just reads like his life revolves around his fraternity. What does she want to do, though?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Risa wrote: What does she want to do, though?
Who the fuck cares?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Risa wrote:It just reads like his life revolves around his fraternity.
And your life revolves around a 56K connection, Dlisted, and flabsteak-itis.

BODE Mike.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Risa wrote:Mike isn't stereotypically Italian, sexually; or Mike is henpecked?

I don't know, man. It just reads like his life revolves around his fraternity. What does she want to do, though?
I'll answer this only because Mike is out of town. Mike's wife was a member of the very same fraternity as he. They went to school together and share many of the same friends from that time. One of those people being myself.

As for being "stereotypically Italian", you'll have to explain what the fuck that means. I've known thousands of persons of Italian descent, and still don't have any stereotype of a "typical Italian". You've obviously been watching too many movies.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
Risa wrote:Mike isn't stereotypically Italian, sexually; or Mike is henpecked?

I'll answer this only because Mike is out of town. Mike's wife was a member of the very same fraternity as he. They went to school together and share many of the same friends from that time. One of those people being myself.

As for being "stereotypically Italian", you'll have to explain what the fuck that means. I've known thousands of persons of Italian descent, and still don't have any stereotype of a "typical Italian". You've obviously been watching too many movies.
You have explained why your a brain dead piece of shit.. so jump right in there and explain why all those franternity boys fuck goats and their old ladies fuck German Shepards. You fuckin tard...

Sterotypical Italian??...try fucking guinea wop mother fucker for starts.

Mikes wife was a member of the same fraternity as he ?? I thought franternity's were for the dudes and soritiys were for the chicks .. so Mike married a dude ??

And you guys being buds explains why all you east coast blueblood liberals are dumber than a pile of fucking Delaware stone...
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:You have explained why your a brain dead piece of shit.. so jump right in there and explain why all those franternity boys fuck goats and their old ladies fuck German Shepards. You fuckin tard...

Sterotypical Italian??...try fucking guinea wop mother fucker for starts.

Mikes wife was a member of the same fraternity as he ?? I thought franternity's were for the dudes and soritiys were for the chicks .. so Mike married a dude ??

And you guys being buds explains why all you east coast blueblood liberals are dumber than a pile of fucking Delaware stone...
That may be the most retarded pile of shit I've ever seen spew from your keyboard. And with your track record, that's sayin something.

Simply put, Mike's frat used to allow women as members. Mike's wife was one of those members.

As for you, maybe you should learn to spell fraternity before you try calling someone dumb. M'kay?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Actually, the vacation starts day after tomorrow.

To answer the previous questions and comments from the "Brain Trust":

1) My Chapter of Alpha Chi Rho, like many other Chapters in our Fraternity, had what were known as "little sisters." Little sisters were women who liked the guys in the Chapter and admired the ideals of the group and were permitted to join, albeit in a limited level (they did not pay dues to National, were not initiated under National Ritual, were not official members and not recognized by the school or National HQ). During the seven years in which we had the little sisters, our Chapter was not all that wrapped up in the "National" aspect (i.e., we didn't use Ritual that much), so the women and men basically hung out basically as equal members at the local level. We called our little sisters "Doves," which was supposed to be a contrast to our nickname, "Crows." The women could also have chosen to join a sorority (and women already in a sorority could have chosen to become a little sister), which happened at other Chapters, but Geneseo AXP's little sisters all chose to not join sororities. In the late 80's, national fraternities pushed to eliminate little sister programs, ostensibly because they were a liability risk, and by 1990, our little sister program at Geneseo was eliminated. We still consider the females that were little sisters back then to be alumni.

The woman who became my wife was one of the little sisters (she was my girlfriend prior to joining). She knew that the Fraternity meant/means a lot to me and supported me and the Fraternity. She has come with me to National Conventions, leadership conclaves, and has herself served on a national committee. She was proud of me when I was named National Ritual Officer and came with me to many events that I had to attend/preside over in that capacity. She applauded the loudest for me this past April when SUNY Geneseo inducted me into their Greek Hall of Fame.

For those who never were greek, you'll never get it. Even some who were -but never took it beyond four years of partying- may not get it. I'm always willing to try to explain it, but it's not easy to put into words.

2) My vacation is WHEN it is, "Mr. Should I Pull The Trigger," because that's when it happened to fit in our schedules.I may be off the whole summer, but we still have to work around my oldest son's soccer camp & Boy Scout stuff and my wife's business.

3) I am not Roman Catholic. Haven't been for about a decade. Even when I was nominally RC, I wasn't exactly what one would consider devout, not being a big fan of the papacy. I'm Episcopalian. I like the liturgy ("smells and bells"), the lack of a Pope, and the freedom to completely (and very vocally disagree) with the leftist political bent of the organization without fear of being ostracized.

4) Nice xenophobic blasts, Derron and "Mr. Should I Hang Myself." Your two IQ's combined apparently have a hard time hitting triple digits, but it's great to see that the "Shortbus Homies" have each other's backs and are willing to proudly represent the inbred cracker perspective. Props to you. Derron lumps me in with blueblood liberals after insulting my immigrant heritage - way to go, Einstein. And anyone who thinks I'm liberal is either retarded or ...the victim of blunt force trauma to the head. Or both.

Oh, and Todd, if you have another "should I whack myself" poll to toss out to the board while I'm gone, pencil me in for you being culled from the herd. The only thing you contribute to the planet is carbon dioxide and water vapor. We're all, as a species and ecosystem, much better off without you. Could you at least dig a hole to stand in when you finally sack up and pull the trigger so that the cleanup is a little easier? Thanks.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

the victim of blunt force trauma to the head.
present!!

--Derron
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

BSmack wrote:As for being "stereotypically Italian", you'll have to explain what the fuck that means. I've known thousands of persons of Italian descent, and still don't have any stereotype of a "typical Italian".
5'4" tall, shaves twice a day, bench presses 300 lbs. and is afraid of his mother.

C'mon, Bri, you live in Rochester. You, of all people, should know that.

:lol:
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

JCT ain't here, man.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Risa

Post by Risa »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Actually, the vacation starts day after tomorrow.

To answer the previous questions and comments from the "Brain Trust":

1) My Chapter of Alpha Chi Rho, like many other Chapters in our Fraternity, had what were known as "little sisters." Little sisters were women who liked the guys in the Chapter and admired the ideals of the group and were permitted to join, albeit in a limited level (they did not pay dues to National, were not initiated under National Ritual, were not official members and not recognized by the school or National HQ).
They were whores. :? :( All the rest is irrelevant. Were there any 'little sisters' who didn't have to sleep with a brother in order to gain admittance?

I'll admit, when Bri said that your fraternity used to admit women, I figured it was one of those special honor fraternities or career fraternities, like the one I couldn't afford to pledge back in Indiana (Phi Delta Chi) -- either in money, time or intellect. They had open pledge for all pharmacy majors, regardless of gender. Not being able to afford it moneywise was the most acceptable excuse (though still a painful one) in avoiding meetings. Then I wondered why Bri said 'used to' admit women. I couldn't figure out why a fraternity would accept members of all genders, then cut a specific gender out. I figured female membership grew to such a point that the fraternity could support a bonafide sorority chapter, and thus the split.

I was wrong. They were just whores.

It's alright to be a whore -- it's college. Hormones rage, and men and women are both notorious for doing shit to make themselves more acceptable, more pleasing to the mate of their choice. My mom was light enough for certain other sororities, but because my father was a Q (and he insisted, because of the informally strict dating rules of black fraternities/sororities -- thanks Jim Crow?) she pledged Delta Sigma Theta. It was the right decision, for the wrong reasons. Deltas are the best of the best, all-around, of the women's sororities -- and that includes the white ones. You can't go wrong with a Delta on your side. At least, that's how it used to be. Mostly because they were concerned more with the community than with fashion shows and whose skin was lighter and brighter and who had more money and all the other golddigging bullshit black women bring upon ourselves. But at least my mom pledged an actual sorority and didn't pull the Kappa Kitten (or, in your wife's case, Dove) bullshit. I will say, I don't know much about the Divine Nine's history, and experiencing it through the filter of my parents courtship and marriage is perhaps not the best way.
During the seven years in which we had the little sisters, our Chapter was not all that wrapped up in the "National" aspect (i.e., we didn't use Ritual that much), so the women and men basically hung out basically as equal members at the local level. We called our little sisters "Doves," which was supposed to be a contrast to our nickname, "Crows." The women could also have chosen to join a sorority (and women already in a sorority could have chosen to become a little sister), which happened at other Chapters, but Geneseo AXP's little sisters all chose to not join sororities. In the late 80's, national fraternities pushed to eliminate little sister programs, ostensibly because they were a liability risk, and by 1990, our little sister program at Geneseo was eliminated.
You think?

It's also insulting and anti-feminist.... but only if you're not a man and you're not in love. There is no 'equality' in having to screw for acceptance, and an unofficial acceptance at that. Were there Blue Ribbon Balls for your Doves?
We still consider the females that were little sisters back then to be alumni. The woman who became my wife was one of the little sisters (she was my girlfriend prior to joining).
Would she have been accepted if she weren't sleeping with you?
She knew that the Fraternity meant/means a lot to me and supported me and the Fraternity.
In other words (and this is only what I'm hearing, so obviously it could be wrong): She loves you, and if you weren't part of the Fraternity, she wouldn't give two whits about the Fraternity.
She has come with me to National Conventions, leadership conclaves, and has herself served on a national committee.
You're very involved in the Fraternity. If it were the other way around, would you do the same for her?

Like I said, it sounds like she does everything for you. You make all the decisions. It's all about you. Your life together revolves around your interests. Is she really happy with that?
She was proud of me when I was named National Ritual Officer and came with me to many events that I had to attend/preside over in that capacity. She applauded the loudest for me this past April when SUNY Geneseo inducted me into their Greek Hall of Fame.
She's in love with you. She'd applaud you as if you were the G.O.A.T., even if you were the goat.

What do you do for her? Besides sleep with her, I mean.
For those who never were greek, you'll never get it.
Derron is right about fraternities, though........... at least, he's right about white ones.

Things change, though.
Even some who were -but never took it beyond four years of partying- may not get it. I'm always willing to try to explain it, but it's not easy to put into words.
There are no words. You have to live it. You have to be it.

Invictus, as a Q who (if I remember correctly, which I probably don't) still participates in Omega Psi Phi activities, would probably know what you're talking about.
2) My vacation is WHEN it is, "Mr. Should I Pull The Trigger," because that's when it happened to fit in our schedules.I may be off the whole summer, but we still have to work around my oldest son's soccer camp & Boy Scout stuff and my wife's business.
Toddowen is telling you not to be like everyone else.

Don't live a tick tack box life.
3) I am not Roman Catholic. Haven't been for about a decade. Even when I was nominally RC, I wasn't exactly what one would consider devout, not being a big fan of the papacy. I'm Episcopalian.
Geeze, that's a surprise. LOL There's no difference. Episcopalian is Roman Catholicism without the guilt.
4) Nice xenophobic blasts, Derron and "Mr. Should I Hang Myself." Your two IQ's combined apparently have a hard time hitting triple digits, but it's great to see that the "Shortbus Homies" have each other's backs and are willing to proudly represent the inbred cracker perspective.
The wop wants to talk ethnic slur shit :lol: on the class issue tip at that.

Give him 2, 3 more generations and he'll have bred the WASPs granddaddy always envied when he got off the boat.
Props to you. Derron lumps me in with blueblood liberals after insulting my immigrant heritage - way to go, Einstein. And anyone who thinks I'm liberal is either retarded or ...the victim of blunt force trauma to the head. Or both.
So anyway, which of your friends' wives are you going to sleep with first?
Oh, and Todd, if you have another "should I whack myself" poll to toss out to the board while I'm gone, pencil me in for you being culled from the herd. The only thing you contribute to the planet is carbon dioxide and water vapor. We're all, as a species and ecosystem, much better off without you.
The Ivory Tower tells the rest of us how they really feel about us. Yo, Todd,

thanks for switching off yesterday.
Risa

Post by Risa »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
BSmack wrote:As for being "stereotypically Italian", you'll have to explain what the fuck that means. I've known thousands of persons of Italian descent, and still don't have any stereotype of a "typical Italian".
5'4" tall, shaves twice a day, bench presses 300 lbs. and is afraid of his mother.

C'mon, Bri, you live in Rochester. You, of all people, should know that.

:lol:
Whoa. I was thinking more along the lines of womanizing, phallically vain, arrogant, a great cook and lover of great cooking, fiercely family, passionately tempered, and metrosexually vain.

But that'll work, too. Any other positives/negatives missed between the two?
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Risa wrote:They were whores. :? :( All the rest is irrelevant. Were there any 'little sisters' who didn't have to sleep with a brother in order to gain admittance?
Actually NONE of them had to sleep with Brothers to gain admittance. A lot of the women and men, as a matter of fact, wouldn't sleep together because they thought it made for messy politics at meetings. Some people couldn't separate the organizational stuff from the personal. Fortunately, my girlfriend (my future wife) and I never had that problem. She's a woman of great intelligence, wisdom, and maturity.

The little sisters were the furthest thing from whores. They contributed their time, talent, and money to the Chapter and were treated as genuine organizational sisters by the Brotherhood of the Chapter.

The only reason that the little sister thing ended was that the NIC made a big push to end ALL fraternity little sister programs. Alpha Chi Rho fought it at first and then the FIPG insurance lawyers made "compelling liability arguments" that convinced them to go along with the abolition of the little sisters. I voted against the motion at Convention but obviously I was in the minority.
MtLR wrote:We still consider the females that were little sisters back then to be alumni. The woman who became my wife was one of the little sisters (she was my girlfriend prior to joining).
Would she have been accepted if she weren't sleeping with you?
Absolutely. She was friends with a hell of a lot of the other Crows and Doves prior to her meeting me.

By the way, the women already in the organization also voted on who to admit..both the prospective men AND women. So, Doves could decide on future Brothers. That's how equally the women were treated - they had a say in who the "next generation."

The Chapter was very "hippyesque" despite having members like myself that were "pro-National" and not nouveau hippies. The group was genuinely like a family. It drove our National HQ crazy for years that we had little sisters and were unorthodox...but that we had a great rep with the community and college and were rabidly antihazing. The more strict folks hated to hold us up as an exemplar, but for a while, we were.

Unfortunately, as time marched on, the hippy tendencies for excessive chemical use, financial mismanagement, refusal to attend meetings and deal with college or National Fraternity rules, all converged to almost destroy the Chapter by 1990. We didn't just throw out the women - we tossed out the male hippies.

And the Chapter is better off and stronger for it. By 1995, they won the award for best Chapter in the whole Fraternity. Now the guys are more "regular greek," but they do a hell of a lot more community service than we ever did and grasp the ideals of the Brotherhood better than the "Band of Hippies" ever did. I'm proud of them.
MtLR wrote:She knew that the Fraternity meant/means a lot to me and supported me and the Fraternity.
Risa wrote:In other words (and this is only what I'm hearing, so obviously it could be wrong): She loves you, and if you weren't part of the Fraternity, she wouldn't give two whits about the Fraternity.
You're probably right, although since she already had good friends that were in AXP prior to meeting me, she may have given more than "two whits."
MtLR wrote:She has come with me to National Conventions, leadership conclaves, and has herself served on a national committee.
Risa wrote:You're very involved in the Fraternity. If it were the other way around, would you do the same for her?
Absolutely. I supported her -finacially and emotionally- when she decided to change careers and go get her cosmetology license, when she decided to buy out her boss and become a business owner, when the complex that housed her business burned down and we had to re-build her business again, when she decided to cut her employees and become a solo agent.

All she has done for me I would do for her and HAVE done whenever she needed it, without her ever having to ask.
Risa wrote:Like I said, it sounds like she does everything for you. You make all the decisions. It's all about you. Your life together revolves around your interests. Is she really happy with that?
You're kidding right? She manages the money for the household (hell, she runs her own business very successfully, so she's obviously got the skills to run our "business"). I make more money than she does, but that doesn't matter - she's better at managing money, so she's the one who does it. She's a strong, intelligent, beautiful woman and I'm lucky to have her.

As for what I do for her? I honor my all my marital vows - to love, honor, and cherish her. If you want specifics of "Hallmark moments," you'd have to ask her. But let's just assume that if she's stuck with me happily for almost 20 years (ever since the night we met at a fraternity party in September of '88, we've been together), I must be doing something right.
For those who never were greek, you'll never get it.
Risa wrote:Derron is right about fraternities, though........... at least, he's right about white ones.
Racist.

Black fraternities haze far more and worse than white fraternities do. And let's discuss the whole "branding" thing, shall we?

I've got good friends that are Phi Beta Sigmas, and even they admit that their hazing is heinous (and that they're considered "skaters" in the Black GLO world when it comes to pledging...). My fraternity has never killed a pledge, by I don't see that as something to brag about, since you're NOT SUPPOSED to kill pledges.

On the positive side, Black GLO's do a hell of a lot of community service and I'm damned proud to call them my Brothers and Sisters. Years ago, Dark Gable and I discussed our greek backgrounds way back on the Benton/Rabick board, and even as an alum he was working his tail off for his fraternity. He's one of the folks who kept telling me that it was my DUTY to continue being an active alum.
Toddowen is telling you not to be like everyone else.
You'll have to forgive me for not taking advice seriously from a guy who came whimpering to a chatboard -more than once- to ask if he should end his life.
MtLR wrote:I am not Roman Catholic. Haven't been for about a decade. Even when I was nominally RC, I wasn't exactly what one would consider devout, not being a big fan of the papacy. I'm Episcopalian.
Risa wrote:Geeze, that's a surprise. LOL There's no difference. Episcopalian is Roman Catholicism without the guilt.
Or the papacy. Or Purgatory. Or First Communion. Or unmarried male-only priesthood. Or transubstantiation. Or religious edicts being made solely by a bunch of old men, without input from the laity.

Nice to know that your field of ignorance includes religion.
The wop wants to talk ethnic slur shit :lol: on the class issue tip at that.
I find it funny that you insist on dropping all the Italian slurs you can whenever you talk to or about me. It just makes all your pathetic whining about alleged racism all the more hypocritical. You are Exhibit #1 that black folks sure as hell can be racist.

As for this little "gem":
Risa wrote:So anyway, which of your friends' wives are you going to sleep with first?
Let me explain this to you slowly - there are in fact married folks who are sexually satisfied with each other, consider adultery shameful, and take their marital vows seriously and...

...oh never mind, it's a "white thing" and you wouldn't understand.
Zyclone
HTTR

Post by Zyclone »

I have a Condo on 41st street havent used it much this year mostley renting it out. Seacrects is the place everyone goes to I reccomend going during the day as at night you'll have 3000 people there. Fish Tales is another good bar to hit. You also have Fagers Island which is also decent. If your looking to surf you only have 2 blocks that change each day one upper oc one lower. If you are into bodyboarding any place from 31to 49th street are the best spot to catch some waves. You might have some decent surf right now with that depression off Bermuda.
Sharif dont like it! ROCK the Casbah, ROCK the Casbah!
My Home Page
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

And boom goes the dynamite. RACK the LabRat. Again.

Just stay down, Annie.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Mike, you know, I only authored a couple of posts over at Elba. I read a lot and I enjoyed some of the stories. Maybe Elba had more intellectuals, more blowhards but I'd say this forum has more tards, racists and unbalanced individuals. What would be your descriptive term for this shithole?

Hope you have a safe and fun vacation. Give us a PET when you come back and if you ask nicely I could do some black boxes over peoples eyes if you want. I could assure anonymity to all involved.

Rip City
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Ocean City, MD......just the place you want to bring the kids for vacation. Just skip this ladies house.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070731/ap_ ... pLRVGs0NUE
Risa

Post by Risa »

Neely8 wrote:Ocean City, MD......just the place you want to bring the kids for vacation. Just skip this ladies house.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070731/ap_ ... pLRVGs0NUE
"Later, however, she told police she had delivered a deformed baby — she called it "gloopity glop" — and had flushed the remains down the toilet. According to prosecutors, the baby was viable, with hands, feet and facial features. A 2005 Maryland law allows murder charges against someone who causes the death of a fetus considered viable."

Maryland doesn't allow abortions after the 5th month?
Risa

Post by Risa »

Luther wrote:Mike, you know, I only authored a couple of posts over at Elba. I read a lot and I enjoyed some of the stories. Maybe Elba had more intellectuals, more blowhards but I'd say this forum has more tards, racists and unbalanced individuals. What would be your descriptive term for this shithole?

Hope you have a safe and fun vacation. Give us a PET when you come back and if you ask nicely I could do some black boxes over peoples eyes if you want. I could assure anonymity to all involved.

Rip City
Mike's too sensitive to pull a PET. That, or his skills don't lie in interesting travelogues.

As for Elba, didn't Elba split because of tension there?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

So Mike's wife knowingly joined a mostly male frat...

Up here in Canada we have a name for those women.
Whores.

Did you all wear robes, paddle each other's asses and pass her around.

I'd crack a Rohypnol joke, but it looks like Zyclone here's, so I'll hand off the baton to the expert.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Thank you, Hat trick Todd.

Rip City
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

RACK MTLR!

RACK "our Little Sisters!"
Martyred wrote:So Mike's wife knowingly joined a mostly male frat...

Whores.

Did you all wear robes, paddle each other's asses and pass her around.
crack a Guiness then....BRILLIANT!!!!!

Li'l Sisters of a Fraternity are placed on a Pedestal.

Li'l Sisters are "true Friends" of ALL.

i'll NOT dignify your Post about anything else.

i said......Good Day.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Martyred wrote:So Mike's wife knowingly joined a mostly male frat...

Whores.
Having seen first-hand what passes for Canadian fraternities, I understand your confusion. The only way those losers could get women to spend time with them is if the women WERE paid to be with them.
Martyred wrote:Did you all wear robes, paddle each other's asses and pass her around.
No, Beavis, and believe it or not, none of us were named Otter, Hoover, D-Day, Bluto, or Flounder. Nor was there ever a Dean Wormer.

Tell ya what, Marty, if you promise to stop getting all your stereotypes on American culture from movies, maybe...just maybe, the rest of us will do the same and view you and your comrades as something other than a bunch of hockey-obsessed maple-stained, flannel-wearing alcoholics who screw moose and harbor a deep "little brother" resentment about their neighbors to the south. Or were Bob and Doug McKenzie really what typical Canucks are like, eh?
Risa

Post by Risa »

Aint you supposed to be on vacation? I saw you online last night as well. If you ain't got a travelogue to bless the rest of us with, then there's no point in being in here... you've got a vacation to enjoy.

Relax.

Let the kids enjoy themselves.

Watch your wife screw your buddies.

Screw your buddies' wives.

It's all good. Almost just like in the old days, back in the frat house.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Risa wrote:Aint you supposed to be on vacation? I saw you online last night as well. If you ain't got a travelogue to bless the rest of us with, then there's no point in being in here... you've got a vacation to enjoy.
We leave tonight. Everything's all packed.
Risa wrote:Watch your wife screw your buddies.

Screw your buddies' wives.
You sure seem obsessed with my sex life. Let it go. Trust me, there isn't enough beer in the brewery that could make me -or anyone with taste- lower my standards enough to even give a genetic speedbump like you a second look.

And once again, marital fidelity is this thing in which people who are married to each other only sleep with each oth...awww, never mind, it's a "white thing". You'd never understand. You're from a culture in which genetic Yahtzee (with the women as cumdumpsters and bastard factories) has been the game for generations. Trying to explain blissful marital fidelity to you is like trying to explain quantum physics to a chimp. Quite frankly, you are, hands down, the stupidest poster I have ever run across. And that's saying something. You couldn't beat Terry Schiavo in a "rock-paper-scissors" match, even if we had her throw first.
Risa

Post by Risa »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:You sure seem obsessed with my sex life.
:shrug: You're Italian. As proof of your Eye-talian-ess:
A lot of the women and men, as a matter of fact, wouldn't sleep together because they thought it made for messy politics at meetings. Some people couldn't separate the organizational stuff from the personal. Fortunately, my girlfriend (my future wife) and I never had that problem. She's a woman of great intelligence, wisdom, and maturity.
So basically, your wife was of great intelligence, wisdom and maturity........ because she slept with you, when other women wouldn't sleep with the dudes of the house. Aiight. Got it. (thumbs up) Rock on.
Let it go.
Howcome TVO gets 'tinypants', and I don't get nothing? TVO must really make you crap your BVDs.
Trust me, there isn't enough beer in the brewery that could make me -or anyone with taste- lower my standards enough to even give a genetic speedbump like you a second look.
You wouldn't give me a second look because of the ring on your finger, not because of your alcohol intake. And, first and foremost, I don't meet the requirement of being a member of your fraternity. Hoes as Broes at Alpha Chi Rho.... those were great days, weren't they?

Why did you diss the hippies for being 'hippy'? You joined them. Why were you there, if you didn't consider yourself part of the club? There were other organizations that would have met your frat needs.
And once again, marital fidelity is this thing in which people who are married to each other only sleep with each oth...awww, never mind, it's a "white thing".
This is an adult group. There is no reason to pretend that adult people don't engage in adult acts. That doesn't have anything to do with race. It's rather disturbing that you would make it into a race thing.

It's also a little disturbing that you have no problem whatsoever being as racist as possible, in a way that can be tracked if someone wanted to; but sex is a line that must never be crossed. Why not both? What kind of school do you teach at?

So, anyway, how much control did you have over your wife during your frat days? and how much control do you have over her now? You didn't marry her for brains; I assume she's drop dead gorgeous?

Or is she the stereotypical housewife of an Italian?
You'd never understand.
No, I don't.
You're from a culture
The biologist says what?

We're both Americans... it's just my families have been here longer than your family.
in which genetic Yahtzee (with the women as cumdumpsters and bastard factories) has been the game for generations.
The Italian says what?
Trying to explain blissful marital fidelity to you is like trying to explain quantum physics to a chimp.
I know what it means to an Italian. Enjoy your friends' wives. (smile) Or reminiscing about the good old days with them. Either or. Except you're both Italian and a wannabe WASP... did your interests extend to the boys, as well?

Or did you damp those down?
Quite frankly, you are, hands down, the stupidest poster I have ever run across.
Rog the Shrubber veni, vidi and bought the t-shirt before you. Happy to make your acquaintance as well, babe.

So are you gonna PET this frat trip, or not?
And that's saying something. You couldn't beat Terry Schiavo in a "rock-paper-scissors" match, even if we had her throw first.
Terry could communicate by blinking.

It'd be fun, but also utterly depressing that a man would do that to a woman, as what was done to Terry from the moment she took that first phen fen pill, to the moment she was cremated against her Catholicism.

Oh, and by the way: branding isn't hazing. If you're serious about thinking that black fraternity hazing is worse than white fraternity hazing, I'd like to hear your examples -- after you get back, and give the PET.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Risa wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote:You sure seem obsessed with my sex life.
:shrug: You're Italian. As proof of your Eye-talian-ess:
A lot of the women and men, as a matter of fact, wouldn't sleep together because they thought it made for messy politics at meetings. Some people couldn't separate the organizational stuff from the personal. Fortunately, my girlfriend (my future wife) and I never had that problem. She's a woman of great intelligence, wisdom, and maturity.
How does this "prove" my ethnicity?
Risa wrote:So basically, your wife was of great intelligence, wisdom and maturity........ because she slept with you, when other women wouldn't sleep with the dudes of the house. Aiight. Got it. (thumbs up) Rock on.
Actually, she is a woman of great intelligence, wisdom and maturity whether or not she ever slept with me. She is a financial whiz and runs her own business. With regards to fraternity issues, we were mature enough to not let internal political differences and our personal lives/relationship overlap. I made decisions -including the eventual removal of the little sisters and socials- based upon national fraternity policy, and even though she disagreed with those decisions, she didn't let that interfere with our relationship.
Risa wrote:Howcome TVO gets 'tinypants', and I don't get nothing?
Ok, how's this...from here on out, you can be:

[trumpets..]

TDS Cunt

How's that? Shall we let loose the pigeons?
TDS Cunt wrote:You wouldn't give me a second look because of the ring on your finger, not because of your alcohol intake.
As a married guy that's true. But even as a single guy, trust me...from the pics I've seen, I'd rather plunge shrimp forks in my crotch than consider rutting with you.
TDS Cunt wrote:Why did you diss the hippies for being 'hippy'? You joined them. Why were you there, if you didn't consider yourself part of the club? There were other organizations that would have met your frat needs.
I joined because I liked several of the individuals I met, who were not ultra-hippies, and because I liked the ideals of the national organization. It was one of the only national fraternities on campus, and i wasn't into Phi Kap or Sig Ep (which is good, because the former is a local now and the other is gone). Once I became an officer and got to see how irresponsible, selfish, and hypocritical the hippy contingent was, my attitude changed. The hippy folks wouldn't pay dues ("it shouldn't be about the money, MAN!"), take on jobs within the group ("like, that's not my thing, man..."), or focus at meetings (all they wanted to do was get high), but they sure as hell were the first ones to demand a keg or that we should spend money out of the fraternity account for a "frat bag." I also found that the hippies were "open-minded" only if they agreed with you. In time, they tried to blackball any guy or girl that held political views not in accord with their own.

After we tossed out the hippies, they formed their own group. As part of their "alternative" iconoclastic views, they decided to use the chapel of a local church for their drug-laden Hell Night, writing profanities in the guest book, messing up the altar, pews, and prayer books, and carving their new greek letters in a wall. When they got caught, they tried laughing it off as their way of snubbing their nose at "established orthodoxy." The village and college nailed their patchouli-doused asses to a tree.
TDS Cunt wrote:This is an adult group. There is no reason to pretend that adult people don't engage in adult acts.
Adultery is not just an "adult act." It's an adolescent mocking of marital vows, even if done with the OK of all involved. Folks who do the "open marriage" crap are a bigger threat to the legitimacy of the institution of marriage than any gay couple. If people want to rut like lower animals, go ahead. I'm not imposing my views on them. Just don't expect me to consider juvenille sexual gratification by people choosing to violate vows they made before friends, family, and their God as "OK." You want to be a slut? Go for it. My wife and I, OTOH, will continue to take our oaths seriously.
TDS Cunt wrote:That doesn't have anything to do with race. It's rather disturbing that you would make it into a race thing.
Read that phrase you just typed. Stare at it for a long time. Sear it into the almost-vestigial neural net you use for a rudimentary "brain." And then recall that phrase and consider it before you ever hit the "submit" key again.

Otherwise, brand yourself, now and forever, as a flaming hypocrite.
TDS Cunt wrote:So, anyway, how much control did you have over your wife during your frat days? and how much control do you have over her now?
I used Jedi mind tricks. Those came with the decoder ring and secret handshake that I also got after signing my name in blood in a contract with the ghost of Aleister Crowley.

My God, but you're an idiot.
TDS Cunt wrote:We're both Americans... it's just my families have been here longer than your family.
And yet, mine is doing better and not bitching about how other folks are keepin' me down. Oh, and we understand the concept of birth control and marital fidelity.
TDS Cunt wrote:I know what it means to an Italian.
How? By watching the Sopranos?

Trust me, you have NO idea what it's like outside the "blame whitey" box you seem to dwell in. I'm just pissed that your keeper insisted on poking holes in that box so you could still breathe.
TDS Cunt wrote:So are you gonna PET this frat trip, or not?
No. I'll PM individuals who give a rat's ass, and I'm sure as hell not giving out pics of my family to the monkeys of the 'net.
TDS Cunt wrote:Terry [Schiavo] could communicate by blinking.
Well that little fact clinches her ability to kick your ass in mental acuity.

I'm sure you could beat her in an eating contest, though.
Risa wrote:to the moment she was cremated against her Catholicism.
You're a moron. The Roman Catholic Church lifted its ban on cremation over four decades ago. So much for you "knowing what it means to be Italian."
TDS Cunt wrote:Oh, and by the way: branding isn't hazing.
If it's done to pledges, yes it is. If it's done as a member, it's just barbaric.
TDS Cunt wrote:If you're serious about thinking that black fraternity hazing is worse than white fraternity hazing, I'd like to hear your examples -- after you get back, and give the PET.
Here, read this article. Or have someone read it to you. Keep in mind, TDS Cunt, that I hobnobbed with NIC folks and know Sigmas (who are known as "skaters" in the Black greek world because they don't haze sufficiently), so I've heard the stories from fraternity executives as well as Brothers in the "laity."
Risa

Post by Risa »

Regarding the article:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... 39538/pg_2
Dr. John A. Williams, director of the Academic Intervention Center at Tennessee State University, said he predicted in his 1992 doctoral dissertation on student perceptions of the New Member Intake Process that hazing would continue to plaque African-American fraternities.

"I said then (that continued hazing) was predictable because students never bought into the intake process. The organizations chose to ignore an underlying theme that students wanted a process with rites of passage," says Williams, who is also the founder and director of the Center for the Study of Pan-Hellenic Issues.
As a biologist, once you return from your vacation, what is your opinion upon this ... or is it better answered by an anthropologist?
"In my experience on campus and as a defense attorney it definitely seems like the Black fraternities are much more likely to physically assault their pledges," says Richmond. "In white frats you see a lot more forced consumption of alcohol or disgusting mixtures of foods, and more verbal abuse."

Richmond also noted that perhaps because the white frats seem to be more involved in alcohol abuse, they generate a far larger number of charges of date rape and other sexual complaints.
Your thoughts?
The number one problem with Black fraternities is violence," says Richmond. "The Black fraternity pledging always seems to involve more violence -- from branding to beating each other with fists and blunt objects."
Branding is not hazing and there's a fundamental misunderstanding about the meaning and history of branding to lump it in with generic abusive hazing.

If you don't want to be branded, join a white boy frat and rape chicks and develop alcoholism to feel 'included'. Branding is one of the deepest initiation rites in pan-frat history -- regardless of color.