10 active players -- will they or will they not ......

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

LaDouchenian wrote:When those dogs lock on, it's to death

Very Nice........any other descriptions you'd like to throw down from the various dogfights you've been to, shitbag?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Raydah James wrote:
LaDouchenian wrote:When those dogs lock on, it's to death

Very Nice........any other descriptions you'd like to throw down from the various dogfights you've been to, shitbag?
It's true of pit bulls. I would not own one and think it's a horrible choice of dog.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Predictable puss out.
Sorry if I don't live in your narrow black and white world. My apologies for making you think. Lord knows it must have hurt.
Actually, B... you flailed away and KYOA as per usual. All you had to do is keep it simple. If LC never played another down, he's a certain HOF.

Take any other NFL player... ever over any six year stretch of their career and I highly doubt you'll see anyone come remotely close to his 2,000 yds rush/rec and 18.5 TDs average that he's put up. Heck, I'm willing to bet you could take the best 6 years of any NFL player, EVER, and still say the same thing.

Nevermind.... dude also has 10 pass attempts, 6 TDs, and a 152 QB rating.

P.S. I am pretty sure he could knock out Chuck Norris just by looking at him. LC is a God. He can turn water into whine.
I agree with everything you said about Tomlinson. My objection is to Hoontah's insistence that there be some kind of black and white statistical line that a player should have to cross in order to get in the Hall. IMO, Hall of Famers are like obscenity; you can't precisely define them, but you know it when you see it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

BSmack wrote:I agree with everything you said about Tomlinson.
There's nothing to agree or disagree to. I simply stated the facts. His 6 year run is the best one in the history of the league. Nevermind you know he's going to get the ball 30 times/game running and/or receiving. Smith had Aikman and Irvin. Edge had Manning and Harrison. Who the fuck else is there besides LC who's HOF material? He's quite simply, a one man gang. Not since Jim Brown has a running back dominated the game like him.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Don't worry, he'll be there to slip the ref a few franklins so they can barely beat your team on a shit call

Yeah, pretty much.
2-14pieceofshitexcuseforaNFLfranchisesayswhat?
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Not since Jim Brown has a running back dominated the game like him.
That's stupid....

What about Walter Payton or Barry Sanders?
Save me some of that corn for laters...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Nacho wrote:That's stupid
So is taking my quote out of context
Nacho wrote:What about Walter Payton or Barry Sanders?
What about them?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:His 6 year run is the best in the history of the league.
Show me where you can make me eat my words. Can either one of them top this:
2,000 yards rush/rec and 18.5 TDs per season over any six year stretch of their career. Well?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sweetness helped lead his team to the Championship.

Sanders was too busy crying about the fullback getting in his way and keeping his stats down to care about the postseason.

Sir Charles Tomlinson showed his ability to have his nuts shrivel up into raisins when the spotlight was on.

I don't really see the comparison.

Yup, Ladainian The Mouth Tomlinson has no other HoF-caliber players on his offensive unit -- HENCE, he gets more opportunities, and certainly sees the ball in the red zone more than maybe any player in history, due to a lack of any other options.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Dinsdale wrote:Sweetness helped lead his team to the Championship.

Sanders was too busy crying about the fullback getting in his way and keeping his stats down to care about the postseason.

Sir Charles Tomlinson showed his ability to have his nuts shrivel up into raisins when the spotlight was on.

I don't really see the comparison.

Yup, Ladainian The Mouth Tomlinson has no other HoF-caliber players on his offensive unit -- HENCE, he gets more opportunities, and certainly sees the ball in the red zone more than maybe any player in history, due to a lack of any other options.
"Hater in the house!"

Sin,

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote: Yup, Ladainian The Mouth Tomlinson has no other HoF-caliber players on his offensive unit -- HENCE, he gets more opportunities, and certainly sees the ball in the red zone more than maybe any player in history, due to a lack of any other options.
Huh? No other options?

Well, fuck this Jackass for thinking that Antonio Gates, at the right price, might be an acceptable option over T-Gon as the best TE in the league come draft day.

Silly me. Thanks for the heads up, Dins. I'll now look elsewhere. Alge Crumpler is in default mode.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:Yup, Ladainian The Mouth Tomlinson has no other HoF-caliber players on his offensive unit
Thanks for making my point.... LC has all 11 guys on defense focusing on him and him alone... and yet, he's still putting up the best numbers... ever.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: So is taking my quote out of context
Context? You mean that blanket statement about not a single back since Jim Brown has a running back dominated the league like LT? Not like the past few season rushing leaders dominating the league like no other. Or the span of HOF backs like Payton, Sanders, Allen, Smith, Dorsett, Bo Jackson, Faulk or I am sure many others that have dominated the league for a few seasons just like LT. Face it your context is myopic...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:What about them?
They are in the HOF.... LT is not.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:His 6 year run is the best in the history of the league.

Show me where you can make me eat my words. Can either one of them top this:
2,000 yards rush/rec and 18.5 TDs per season over any six year stretch of their career. Well?
What was their average per carry and what is LT's....

But you are entitled to your opinion... It is completely and totally yours and just because the majority of people think you are full of myopia doesn't mean it is so. I am sure you are right and the rest of our opinions are not full of the same degree of insight and detail you have on LT. So before you go to bed kiss that poster of him you have over your bed like a teenage girl with a crush on a boy band.

I for one will try to keep my distance from your myopic idol worship....
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I took the ucant challenge.

Smith, Dickerson, Payton, Sanders, Simpson, Faulk, some others, ...... all did impressively dominate.
But Tomlinson's overall regular season stats (over a six yr period) are better than any of 'em.

Them's the facts.

How much are Emmitt's 3 Super Bowls worth, and does one's view of 'domination' change when you consider that Emmitt has over 1,900 post season yds and 21 TDs compared to LT's 320 yds and 2 TD's?

Hmmmmmm .............

But let's look at ucant's exact quote ......
Take any other NFL player... ever over any six year stretch of their career and I highly doubt you'll see anyone come remotely close to his 2,000 yds rush/rec and 18.5 TDs average that he's put up
Some of the guys I mentioned ARE remotely close in their level of regular season STATISTIC domination ...... over a 6 year period.

I would also submit that over a FIVE year period ('72-'76) O.J. Simpson was the most dominant RB I have ever seen.
The stats don't equal LT's, but the game was a different game then .... and it was a 14 game season too.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Nacho wrote:What was their average per carry and what is LT's.
Who gives a fuck? LC's skills as a receiver out of the backfield are what separates him from the rest of the pack.
Nacho wrote:I for one will try to keep my distance from your myopic idol worship....
Myopia? Bitch, the fact that I am a Patriots fan who openly calls him a cunt (notice the LC initials I use -- LaCuntian) should have clued you in that my opinion of him is unbiased. I just recognize talent when I see it.
Nacho wrote:But you are entitled to your opinion... It is completely and totally yours and just because the majority of people think you are full of myopia doesn't mean it is so.
It's not an opinion. I am just going by the stats that he's amassed the last six years. I am stating the facts. Good thing for you, someone checks my facts for accuracy:
poptart wrote:I took the ucant challenge.

Smith, Dickerson, Payton, Sanders, Simpson, Faulk, some others, ...... all did impressively dominate.
But Tomlinson's overall regular season stats (over a six yr period) are better than any of 'em.

Them's the facts.
Word.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

R-Jack wrote:
Raydah James wrote:
trev wrote:I don't see any of your guys on the list RJ. Except for Moss. *snicker snicker*
and if CryDanian makes it, we'll only have your laughable franchise doubled in hall of fame busts. *snicker snicker*
I hate to correct you James but you are wrong.

Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Steve Wizniewski and (possibly) Lincon Kennedy will be in before Too Tall Tomlinson gets there.
Anybody who considers Jerry Rice a potential Raider HOFer does not belong in a serious discussion of anything related to football.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Yeah, everyone knows he's going in as a Bronco.

He signed a one day contract and he retired as a Niner. He's also going in the HOF a Niner. End of discussion.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Who gives a fuck? LC's skills as a receiver out of the backfield are what separates him from the rest of the pack.
Take a look at a couple of the names that have been brought up as counterpoints, and see if you can figure out why you're a dumbfuck.

If performance as a reciever out of the backfield is the standard, than he's clearly inferior to one of the other backs who has been brought up.

And no better than Roger Craig.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Who gives a fuck? LC's skills as a receiver out of the backfield are what separates him from the rest of the pack.
Take a look at a couple of the names that have been brought up as counterpoints, and see if you can figure out why you're a dumbfuck.

If performance as a reciever out of the backfield is the standard, than he's clearly inferior to one of the other backs who has been brought up.

Still trolling Dins?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: 10 active players -- will they or will they not ......

Post by indyfrisco »

- Shaun Alexander (no, blossomed too late)
- Marvin Harrison (yes, first ballot)
- Fred Taylor (not a chance - too many injuries)
- Corey Dillon (nope - too many years in Cincy)
- Terrell Owens (maybe - needs about 5 more good years)
- Ladanian Tomlinson (automatic first ballot)
- Isaac Bruce (nope - takes more than 3 good years)
- Randy Moss (nope - needs more good years and his heart isn't in it to get those good years)
- Curtis Martin (yes - but maybe not first ballot)
- Edgerrin James (nope - he gave up the HOF when he left Indy.)
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:Take a look at a couple of the names that have been brought up as counterpoints, and see if you can figure out why you're a dumbfuck.

Did Roger Craig (or any other back) ever net 12,000+ rush/rec yds over any 6 year period in their career?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

For fuck's sake Densehole, your hatred of LT is RIDICULOUS- the guy puts up #s that are in a class by themselves. But please by all means continue to KYOA on this topic.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Did Roger Craig (or any other back) ever net 12,000+ rush/rec yds over any 6 year period in their career?
Marshal Faulk 97-02 - 12,007 yards net rush/rec and 87 TDs combined.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Nacho wrote:Marshal Faulk 97-02 - 12,007 yards net rush/rec and 87 TDs combined.
LC has more combined yards and more TDs. If/when you can disprove this, get back to me:
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Nacho wrote:Marshal Faulk 97-02 - 12,007 yards net rush/rec and 87 TDs combined.
LC has more combined yards and more TDs. If/when you can disprove this, get back to me:
The point was that Faulk was "ANY BACK" to have done what you said. Just pointing it out.

Now a six year run....

Hmmm

Emmitt from 91-96 had 11195 rush/rec yards and 104 TD's. If you add the rest of the year post season add another 1731 rush/rec yards and another 20 TD's...

the total for Emmitt over this six years is 12926 rus/rec and 124 td's....

Also he had 3 Super Bowl Rings, a Super Bowl MVP, and a league MVP...

I would consider that equal if not superior to LT.

His number are as follows. 12076 rush/rec 111 TD's with post season 320 rush/rec and 2 TD's for a grand total of 12396 and 113 TD's.... No SB rings and No SB MVP...

Now if you add Faulks post season totals what do you think you would find there?

Another 811 rus/rec and 6 TD's and a SB ring. Which is also more then LT...

You have to take post season into consideration if you are talking the best of all time...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Nacho wrote:You have to take post season into consideration if you are talking the best of all time...
Ted Williams hit under .200 in the only World Series he ever played in. Does that make Mikey Mantle a better hitter than Williams?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:
Nacho wrote:You have to take post season into consideration if you are talking the best of all time...
Ted Williams hit under .200 in the only World Series he ever played in. Does that make Mikey Mantle a better hitter than Williams?
No, but he was usually drunker.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nacho wrote: You have to take post season into consideration if you are talking the best of all time...
Haven't really been following this topic closely, but isn't the entire premise of the thead "which active players are HoF worthy"? Did it now become a 'bestest ever' thread when I wasn't looking? Or is cowsnatch fan just trying to proclaim Emmitt as the best ever? snicker

Whatever, if LT keeps up his pace another 3-4 years or so, he's a slam dunk HoF'er and can be mentioned among the best ever, regardless of post season stats.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dearest War Wagon,

3 or 4 more years??

Bri has been saying that LT wouldn't need to play another down and he'd be a lock for the HoF.
This caused much distress.

You should read the thread.
It's a pretty good read ..... for June.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Nacho wrote:If you add the rest of the year post season add another 1731 rush/rec yards and another 20 TD's.

Well... too fucking bad you can't. All stats, in any sport, be it football, basketball, baseball, or whatever the fuck... post season stats are separate and not included with their "career" numbers. Tell me you knew...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Bri has been saying that LT wouldn't need to play another down and he'd be a lock for the HoF.
While I certainly respect Bri's opinion, I don't consider LT a lock if he never plays another down. Us AFC West fucks certainly wish he'd never play another down, though.
It's a pretty good read ..... for June.
Threads that go 100+ posts are always a good read here, and rack you for initiating this bad boy.

More talking about players accomplishments on the field is a good thing. If I have to read one more thread about how such and such player fucked up on his way to the grocery store, I'm gonna' scream.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

I'm just following the logic of the "six year" stretch and the statement that LT dominated like no other back. Heck I listed two that dominated in pretty much the same way in a six year period. I could have added Thurman Thomas to the picture as well he had similar stats as LT over a six year period in his career. I never said that LT was not a good back. He is and he might be able to chase after some of the records out there for backs but he is in no way in a league of his own. When it comes to domination you would expect that domination to carry over to team success, which to this point LT has not done. It's the same argument that people have with Marino and Montana debate.

Right now will LT get in the HOF without another carry. I'm not sure. He has stats but that isn't everything in the voting process. I think he could make it in now but it would most likely not be a first ballot entrance. Now if he had 'dominated' and brought home a championship, he would be in at this point. Because he hasn't that will be counted against him just like it was for Marino. The only difference is that Marino did make it to the dance...

But if you want six years dominance stats include the whole year because championships mean something and to accomplish stats like Smith or Faulk did in the post season, was against the best competition in the league those years. That accounts for something. To dominate in post season is a greater feat than in regular season.

If you are going to judge a player you need to judge them on their complete body of work. That is what they do when they select players for the hall.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It's interesting to look at Thurman Thomas in comparison to the 'six year LT' thing.

From '89-94 Thurman's total yardage was only slightly under LT's, but LT scored many more TD's.
However, when you factor in Thomas' post season performance, 14 games, I think you can make a legit case that Thurman's 6 yr run was statistically BETTER than LT's.
In fact, I'm sure it is.
In the 14 playoff games from '89-94, Thomas went over 150 total yds 7 times.

I'd still maintain, though, that numbers be damned, and O.J. had the most dominant 5 yr run -- '72-'76 -- of any back since Jim Brown.
Horrible team, poor O-line, but the Juice couldn't be stopped.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:I'd still maintain, though, that numbers be damned, and O.J. had the most dominant 5 yr run -- '72-'76 -- of any back since Jim Brown.

Horrible team, poor O-line, but the Juice couldn't be stopped.

Poor O-line? Poor Offensive Line? He played behind the most famous offensive line in the history of the game, didn't he? Jesus Christ. They were called "The Electric Company" because they were always losing power and everyone hated paying their bills, right? Good Lord.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The fact that the O-line was given a fun nickname dazzles you?

'Electric Company' linemen R. McKenzie, D. Foley, M. Montler, and D. Green made a grand total of ONE pro-bowl between them.

Their only good O-lineman was J. Delamielleure, and he only made the pro-bowl in the last two seasons of the five O.J. seasons I made note of.

With Simpson shredding @zz, don't you think some of these guys would have been routine pro-bowlers??
Why were they not?

Because they weren't any good.

Simpson made hay despite playing behind this group.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

They were called “The Electric Company” because they were so bad, it was shocking.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Because they weren't any good.
That is a crock of shit.

They had one perennial Pro-Bowler and maybe other 4 dudes weren't named Shell, Upshaw, Webster, Hannah or whoever the fuck dominated the OL awards in the 70s... but they didn't get the nickname because they sucked either.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:With Simpson shredding @zz, don't you think some of these guys would have been routine pro-bowlers??
Why were they not?
How many "routine pro-bowlers" does Denver's offensive line produce?

They must suck too, right?
Possibly. They do tend to hold, legwhip, crackback and go for their opponents' knees, though.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

- Shaun Alexander - probably the most difficult choice. He needs to return to his 2005 form for a few more years and he's in.

- Marvin Harrison - debinitly

- Fred Taylor - NO
- Corey Dillon - NO
- Terrell Owens - HELL NO
- Ladanian Tomlinson - YES
- Isaac Bruce - Probably not
- Randy Moss - NO WAY
- Curtis Martin - First Time Ballot
- Edgerrin James - Yes
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Classic Ucunt.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:LC's skills as a receiver out of the backfield are what separates him from the rest of the pack.

Myself and others completely shot this statement out of the water, so of course, you naturally changed the subject... classic.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Dinsdale wrote:Classic Ucunt.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:LC's skills as a receiver out of the backfield are what separates him from the rest of the pack.

Myself and others completely shot this statement out of the water, so of course, you naturally changed the subject... classic.
God damnit, now I need to go back and read all for pages to find out who the fuck LC is :x
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.