It pays to be a dead artist

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shoalzie
WingNut

It pays to be a dead artist

Post by Shoalzie »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070516/en_ ... auction_dc

I like Rothko's work but damn...$73 million? Put this stuff in museums and let the masses enjoy this art instead of Joe Moneybags spending out of their ass to keep it for themselves.
hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

I had two attempts on my life in the last week, fuck these high prices for dead artists....
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

That's what you get for selling art to clones. Shit, most of 'em don't have two dead cats to rub together, let alone any significant scratch. That original Hardcrow they're sporting in their shopping cart is their only hope. You're like the Obi Wan to their princess Leia. Well, except they want you to die.

Good to see you around, nonetheless.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

An excellent wytch job was attached to one of the knives that missed my dome...

Nice try....:applause:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

hardcrow wrote:I had two attempts on my life in the last week, fuck these high prices for dead artists....

It's definitely a thankless career but if you're great at what you do, you'll be remembered long after you're gone.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

hardcrow wrote:An excellent wytch job was attached to one of the knives that missed my dome...

Nice try....:applause:
What can I say? Baby's shopping cart needs some new wheels.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shoalzie wrote:It's definitely a thankless career but if you're great at what you do, you'll be remembered long after you're gone.
Sincerely,

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A little bit of a stretch, but I'll RACK the Crownero reset...the intent was there.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Are they not great at what they do (tarding up the place)? Have you seen either of them around here lately?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote: Have you seen either of them around here lately?

Shot by a jealous "Vermont Husband," per chance?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:A little bit of a stretch, but I'll RACK the Crownero reset...the intent was there.
That's like racking the 1000th chick who sings Carrie Underwood at the karaoke bar. Big fucking deal. Another Crown-Cicero reset. Man, it doesn't get any better than this. :meds:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

If you're going to karaoke bars by choice, you deserve the worst that those drunk hos are willing to belt out.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If you're going to karaoke bars by choice, you deserve the worst that those drunk hos are willing to belt out.
Some of those drunk hos can be mighty damn entertaining. After 6 beers it's like a worst of American Idol show in 3-D.

Of course there's always the outside smoking area when it gets to be all too much. Like when 4 or 5 dudes get up all at once and scream out "Welcome to the Jungle" like roided up Chimpanzees in primal therapy. I'll never understand dudes who sing karaoke together. It's almost as gay as pink shirts.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Not in.

The first drunken whore I ever heard butchering some song that's already awful to begin with at maximum volume was enough for me. It wasn't so "entertaining" I wanted to repeat the experience 999 more times, at least.

So you like the karaoke bars. That's cool. I don't understand them myself. Give me a quaint little hole with a couple pool tables, an outdoor patio area, good beer on tap, a jukebox, and I'm set.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

In defense of croak-me bars...there is no finer waters to troll for drunken has-been slumpbusters.

Not a great defense or anything, but a defense nonetheless.

Just look at karaoke bars as the Playboy Mansion for deaf guys with failing eyesight.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If you're going to karaoke bars by choice, you deserve the worst that those drunk hos are willing to belt out.
Some of those drunk hos can be mighty damn entertaining. After 6 beers it's like a worst of American Idol show in 3-D.
So not only do you frequent karaoke bars, you also watch American Idol. Yeah, I'm sure you bagged quite the "hottie".

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:So not only do you frequent karaoke bars, you also watch American Idol. Yeah, I'm sure you bagged quite the "hottie".
Hey, the first few episodes each year of American Idol is almost as entertaining as watching you try to form a coherent thought. After that it's a fucking bore.

What's your next hypothesis? That if you watch Bob Villa you'll bag a bearded handyman?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I wouldn't know. I don't watch Bob Villa either. Don't you get any sports channels?

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:I wouldn't know. I don't watch Bob Villa either. Don't you get any sports channels?
I watched the Sabres stave off elimination tonight. Does that mean I'll fuck Tim Horton?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I wouldn't know. I don't watch Bob Villa either. Don't you get any sports channels?
I watched the Sabres stave off elimination tonight. Does that mean I'll fuck Tim Horton?
More likely means that your wife had the remote.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Good one.
"I see everything twice!"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:
The wife was upstairs watching What Not To Wear.

Though I understand that in Wisconsin you are far more likely to have married a wildebeest who would not be interested in how to dress properly. So I'll understand if your women have never heard of the show.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:The wife was upstairs watching What Not To Wear.

Though I understand that in Wisconsin you are far more likely to have married a wildebeest who would not be interested in how to dress properly. So I'll understand if your women have never heard of the show.

Keep in mind that I’m not the part of the fat little fuck demographic. I married a lovely woman who does not need to watch a TV show to know how to dress.

Of course, you married a woman who is 10 years younger than you are. You were probably 29 and she was 19. Pretty easy to wow ‘em when they’re young and stupid. And that would explain her needing to watch a TV show that tells her not to wear the striped shirt with the plaid pants.

Too bad she never watched a show called Who Not To Marry.

WAR the school of hard knocks.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:You were probably 29 and she was 19.
She was 26 and I was 36. Yet another swing and a miss for Goober McStupid.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:You were probably 29 and she was 19.
She was 26 and I was 36.

26 years old, and she still doesn’t know how to dress herself? Sounds like a real beaut.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:26 years old, and she still doesn’t know how to dress herself? Sounds like a real beaut.
I know this must come as an alien concept to guys in Cheesehead Nation. But back here where women don't consider grease drippings a satisfactory substitute for perfume, well dressed women often watch fashion shows so they can STAY well dressed.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What - no Shoalzie "keep it in the family" resets yet?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:26 years old, and she still doesn’t know how to dress herself? Sounds like a real beaut.
I know this must come as an alien concept to guys in Cheesehead Nation. But back here where women don't consider grease drippings a satisfactory substitute for perfume, well dressed women often watch fashion shows so they can STAY well dressed.
Yes, Rochester must be a real hub for haute couture. Rack my wife for being able to walk into a store and pick out attractive clothing without the help of reality TV.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:haute couture.
I'm not sure what you said. But it probably means you're gay. Or French.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Or well-read.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Suffice it to say if you're watching cable television shows to learn how to do anything, you're clueless from the start.

This looks like the beginning stage of BSmack going for the trifecta-of-beatdowns.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Or well-read.
So you read books on fashion? What? Can't you afford cable?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

(l-r; BSloped, HereWeGoAgain)
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote: Rack my wife for being able to walk into a store and pick out attractive clothing.
She's the dainty one on the right, isn't she? Charming.

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

War Wagon wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Rack my wife for being able to walk into a store and pick out attractive clothing.

*sigh* A simpler, happier time, to be a Redskins fan.

:lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote: I'm not sure what you said. But it probably means you're gay. Or French.
Or well-read.
So you read books on fashion? What? Can't you afford cable?
I have read a number of books and magazine articles that referenced, in passing, haute couture. I understand what the term means. I also understand what the word piñata means without reading an entire book about piñatas.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:

Well, the one on the left has the nasty cigar breath, and the one in the middle looks like shutyomouth.

Do the math.

Goddamn drive-by ankle-biter.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I also understand what the word piñata means
Me too - spanish for "BSmack"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:
I also understand what the word piñata means
Me too - spanish for "BSmack"
Just another drive by skidmark.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ooooh, a foreign phrases recognition thread.

I'll go with "Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose."

Seems fitting.