Hell...let's just make it 5 bucks a gallon

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Husker4ever
Elwood

Hell...let's just make it 5 bucks a gallon

Post by Husker4ever »

Since the oil industry execs have yet to be threatened with a tar and feathering or a pig-pole rides for their decapitated domes....I'm sure gas prices will approach 5 bucks before they throw the switches back on at the refineries. Cocksuckers.

The media reporting how gasoline demand hasn't dropped off yet is going to embolden them even further. Well no shit demand hasn't decreased much.....it's nearly peak driving season and people still have to commute to work ya fucking pieces of last week's shit!

Take the bus? Fuck you....not available to most.

Carpool? Eat a dick....not practical with today's lifestyles involving children, daycare, etc.

Buy a hybrid? You betcha! Lower the fucking initial cost or give a 50% break on the tax to license as an incentive.

There's so much "our" government could be doing to control this shit including keeping a closer eye on and investigating this fucking bullshit. But wait....we got the chimp in office and half of congress was bought and paid for by those greedy fucks a long time ago.

I guess we'll all stand in line like pussies as the majority of this country's working citizens take groceries off their kids' tables and pour them in the tank to get to work.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It is finally light enough at 5 in the morning for me to break out the trek for the leisurely 12 mile pedal in the morning. I did it monday, only problem was, it was about 37 degrees when I left my house. Didn't sem that cold at the time, but, since the first half of the ride has a couple of nice extended downhill sections, my fingers, especially my thumbs, took until about noon to regain feeling. Everything else, including my exposed legs felt great. I think I am gonna be riding that thing to work alot this summer. Fukk exxonmobil. Too bad I can't put a set of pedals in my motorhome.

For those of you that have a doable bicycle commute, I whole heartedly recommend it. 45 minutes of hard pedaling wakes you the fukk up way better than caffeine. Before this summer is over, I plan on doing a century ride or two. I oughta look more like dins and less like kcfatass or mikey (sdfatass?) by about august.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RACK the gas prices shooting up.

I fucking hope they get to $7.00 a gallon here before summer is out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If the government would have never intervened in the free market process, gas would be about a-buck-and-a-half. When politicians get bought, and certain special interests are given favor over others, this is what results.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Raydah James wrote:RACK the gas prices shooting up.

So do I.....then maybe people will start holding bought-and-paid-for politicians accountable. btw, why aren't the ragheads car-bombing mobile and haliburton exec's houses?
quadrevion mcwheels
Fuckin' Noob

yeah!

Post by quadrevion mcwheels »

Price ain't never changed for me!!!

I siphon that shit out of your cars.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:For those of you that have a doable bicycle commute, I whole heartedly recommend it. 45 minutes of hard pedaling wakes you the fukk up way better than caffeine. Before this summer is over, I plan on doing a century ride or two. I oughta look more like dins and less like kcfatass or mikey (sdfatass?) by about august.
I wish I could. I have a 14 mile commute and we have showers at work, so a change of clothes would be a snap. The problem is that 14 mile commute is via an Interstate. And they don't exactly cater to cyclists. Furthermore, the roads one would have to take are not bike friendly in any way, shape or form. In short, you would have to have a death wish to bicycle from where I live to where I work.

I consider myself lucky in that I only burn up about 5 bucks a day round trip. And that's with an SUV. But now that I live in a village, I plan on doing a whole lot more cycling around town.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

BSmack wrote:But now that I live in a village

Sweet. The idiot exchange program is a wonderful opportunity. It'll give you a chance to expand your idiocy in ways you never imagined.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Politicians aren't accountable for the law of supply and demand

Why yes...yes they are.

When you create a more favorable business environment for one company over another, it allows the S/D curve to be easily manipulated.

If it's to be a free-market system, then let it be free market. If it's to be regulated, then regulate it. "Conservative" or "liberal"...pick one mode and stick to it. Not this meandering in-between.

And if anyone really believes oil execs aren't colluding with government officials -- you're an idiot.
helmet
Elwood

Re: Hell...let's just make it 5 bucks a gallon

Post by helmet »

Husker4ever wrote: Take the bus? Fuck you....not available to most.
Sucks to be a mouthbreathing tard in a flyover state I guess.

We here in the liberal northeastern cities don't have a problem with busses, subways, bikes, or just plain old WALKING to where you need to go. We haven't moved our car in a couple of weeks, and the last time I bought gas was April 21st.

Suckers.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Re: Hell...let's just make it 5 bucks a gallon

Post by Husker4ever »

helmet wrote:
Husker4ever wrote: Take the bus? Fuck you....not available to most.
Sucks to be a mouthbreathing tard in a flyover state I guess.

We here in the liberal northeastern cities don't have a problem with busses, subways, bikes, or just plain old WALKING to where you need to go. We haven't moved our car in a couple of weeks, and the last time I bought gas was April 21st.

Suckers.
Yea and you most likely live stacked 9 deep per apt. in a high rise full of non-english speaking puerto ricans and your method of taking out the trash is throwing it out the window to the street below. You haven't moved your car in a couple weeks because your wheels are missing and you've ingested more toxins from the smog in the same time frame than what I'll get in a lifetime. Good times if your a cockroach. No thanks.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

fuck you and your $7/gal bullshit RJ.....

(I wouldn't be so bitter if I drove something a little more economical)
get out, get out while there's still time
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:When you create a more favorable business environment for one company over another, it allows the S/D curve to be easily manipulated.
Go ahead and link me up there.
And if anyone really believes oil execs aren't colluding with government officials -- you're an idiot.
No doubt oil execs are eagerly colluding with the government to burden themselves with costly regulation and geographical limitations on their operations.

You were saying something about idiots?
I'd imagine said collusion involves making sure the people who could hold them accountable are turning a blind eye to the criminal, greedy activities. This here is one of them there no-brainers.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:No doubt oil execs are eagerly colluding with the government to burden themselves with costly regulation and geographical limitations on their operations.

Wow. If only you knew a fraction of what you think you do.

Tell you what -- try and participate in the "free market" by shipping biodeisel out of state and see what happens. You'll get a great working model of what the government/oil conglomorate did while you weren't looking.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Headhunter wrote:
BSmack wrote:But now that I live in a village
Sweet. The idiot exchange program is a wonderful opportunity. It'll give you a chance to expand your idiocy in ways you never imagined.
Maybe if I listen to you I can learn how to be an off topic ankle biting fuckstain?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

mvscal wrote:
Husker4ever wrote: I'd imagine said collusion involves making sure the people who could hold them accountable are turning a blind eye to the criminal, greedy activities. This here is one of them there no-brainers.
Criminal activity? Hmm, sounds serious.

Link?
Illegal manipulation and price fixing? Tell me you knew.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote: Maybe if I listen to you I can learn how to be an off topic ankle biting fuckstain?

Now waitaminute...

Did the most piled-on tard in recent memory just call out Headhunter...Legend of the Game...Smackoff Winner...that Headhunter?

Fucking classic. And the "anklebiter" part -- money can't buy displays of retardation such as this...truly priceless. Just picking random lines out of the Tard Handbook, and hoping one of them might appear appropriate....tears, Falwell, tears.

Small wonder you're the Plunger Pony of T1B, Tard Twin #1. You're like Kaley, only without the "clever" nicks.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Fucking classic. And the "anklebiter" part -- money can't buy displays of retardation such as this...truly priceless. Just picking random lines out of the Tard Handbook, and hoping one of them might appear appropriate....tears, Falwell, tears.
Anklebiting is as anklebiting does. What HH did was a textbook example. Even if he did win a "Smackoff".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Sudden Sam wrote:I picked the wrong year to buy a Ridgeline.

Rack! I thought I saw pain on the face of lady driving a Ford Excursion (v-10, 9 mpg) down the street recently. Thing needed a good carwash....bet she couldn't afford one.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Felix wrote:

Then sell your fucking rig and stop whining, Cat.

I wouldnt mind if it went to $8.00 a gallon-this would ensure less dumbfucks on my road daily........it would also help sweep out the lower tier trash from the beautiful city I now reside in due to the cost of living being so damn high.

RACK it.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Fight back, Sam. Get a cheap 4 cylinder that runs great and make your truck a Sunday driver.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Raydah James wrote:
Felix wrote:

I wouldnt mind if it went to $8.00 a gallon-this would ensure less dumbfucks on my road daily........it would also help sweep out the lower tier trash from the beautiful city I now reside in due to the cost of living being so damn high.

RACK it.
They ain't going anywhere. Their kids will just suffer...more.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

With that E85 crap, I get aboot 14 mpg instread of the 17 I get with regular gas- btw.

But E85 is about 80 cents a gallon cheaper than real gas, imo.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Husker4ever wrote:
Bullshit.

People who cant afford to live somewhere move to an area they can afford.

Crazy, I know.

The more the Cost of living keeps going up, the better that transfer to Orange County/Chanaheim/Rivertucky/Coroneck/San Bernardino is going to look when they can save thousands a year.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Chanaheim??? :lol:
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

mvscal wrote:
Husker4ever wrote:Illegal manipulation and price fixing?
I asked you for evidence of this allegation not a reiteration of it.
Ongoing record profits should shoot a hole in that S/D bile and also spews your requested evidence all over the face of the allegation.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Raydah James wrote:
Husker4ever wrote:
Bullshit.

Crazy, I know.

The more the Cost of living keeps going up, the better that transfer to Orange County/Chanaheim/Rivertucky/Coroneck/San Bernardino is going to look when they can save thousands a year.
huh? They lived comfortably and provided for their kids well in the home they bought 5 or 10 years ago and now should move to lesser digs because of the price of gasoline? I suppose you take a hammer to all your family plan cellphones everytime JR. goes over on texts and minutes, huh?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:
smackaholic wrote:For those of you that have a doable bicycle commute, I whole heartedly recommend it. 45 minutes of hard pedaling wakes you the fukk up way better than caffeine. Before this summer is over, I plan on doing a century ride or two. I oughta look more like dins and less like kcfatass or mikey (sdfatass?) by about august.
I wish I could. I have a 14 mile commute and we have showers at work, so a change of clothes would be a snap. The problem is that 14 mile commute is via an Interstate. And they don't exactly cater to cyclists. Furthermore, the roads one would have to take are not bike friendly in any way, shape or form. In short, you would have to have a death wish to bicycle from where I live to where I work.

I consider myself lucky in that I only burn up about 5 bucks a day round trip. And that's with an SUV. But now that I live in a village, I plan on doing a whole lot more cycling around town.
now why's a card carrying commie pinko hippie fag democrat like you driving an SUV? Lemme guess, it's all good cause you bought some carbon credits too.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

mvscal wrote:Oooo. Record profits. Get a rope.

:meds: :meds: :meds:

What are their margins, btw?
So you're saying overhead went up, too? Katrina ripped through and everyone from the janitor to the head-secretary-in-charge-of-under-desk-executive hummers demanded double salary? Record profits don't jive with S/D reasoning for prices.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Raydah James wrote:

Not in places where DemocRats rule.

In those places, when people can't afford to live there, they get subsidies & transfer payments until they can afford it.

You're in one of those places, James.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:now why's a card carrying commie pinko hippie fag democrat like you driving an SUV? Lemme guess, it's all good cause you bought some carbon credits too.
When you live in the "snow belt", you come to appreciate 4 wheel drive. I drove a Mercury tracer for 8 years. That was enough. If a hybrid 4x4 hits the market at the right price, I'll buy it because it makes economic sense. But don't think that just because I think Bush is a babbling retard that I am rushing to be first in line to buy into everything Al Gore has to say on global warming.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Raydah James wrote:
fucking heresy.....

I'll give it up when they pry the steering wheel from my cold dead fingers.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I was lucky to get gas at $3.25 the other day just before it jumped to $3.49. Few things can cripple this economy like high gas prices. If you can't afford to drive around, how are you going to buy anything? This benefits internet shopping sites and the airline, train and bus services get a boost because traveling long distances is a bitch.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Husker4ever wrote:Record profits don't jive with S/D reasoning for prices.
No, but refineries operating at 98% of capacity certainly do jive with that S/D thingy.

Do you know when the last new refinery was built in the U.S.? Do you know that's it's virtually impossible to build any new refineries with all the regulations that are now in place?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:Do you know when the last new refinery was built in the U.S.? Do you know that's it's virtually impossible to build any new refineries with all the regulations that are now in place?

You actually bought into that crap?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's the "regulations".....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Two words for you, Believer -- "supply and demand."

If you're making astonishing, record profits, why would you spend billions undercutting your own market? Then, you factor in bought-and-paid-for-politicians coming up with convenient reasons why Free Market can't participate in the markets, and add in the collusion...

Why the fuck would anybody build a new refinery?

If people would buy into co-op refineries, like they do with biodeisel(which they've all but outlawed the free trade of), things would change, and there would be a balance in the market. Really goes back to the need for either a totally free market, which it isn't, or completely regulated...which it isn't. As long as the government teeters between the two philosophies, it's an oil company's dream come true.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Damn...time to increase the Anheuser-Busch tithe...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Husker4ever wrote:Fight back, Sam. Get a cheap 4 cylinder that runs great and make your truck a Sunday driver.
Drove a 2000 Accord yesterday afternoon. 4 cylinder, 5-speed. Damn thing is immaculate. Runs and drives like new. May have to snag it.
How many miles on it? I stopped and looked at a similar one, but a 99. It had 170K on it though. They wanted 4300 bones.
Capt. Sig
Crack Whore

Post by Capt. Sig »

The price of fuel is another thing that has fukked up the crab fishing.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote: Why the fuck would anybody build a new refinery?

They've been trying to build a new one in Yuma Az for 10 years.
McGinnis says he doesn't see any immovable obstacles standing in the way of the refinery, but if you talked to some others, they wouldn't agree. Clearly, the United States needs more refining capacity, but no firms in 30 years have been able to fill that void. And if ACF is going to be the first, they still have many hoops to jump through.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Capt. Sig wrote:The price of fuel is another thing that has fukked up the crab fishing.
If you need crabs, give your wife a mustache ride the next time you're dockside. That pot'll be a winner.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.