Nebraska Ice Storm

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Update on Oklahoma ice storm ...

It's now Day 5, going into Day 6 of this shit. Four days since I've seen my lawn. And I can still make my way across it on ice skates easier than I can on any sort of boots or shoes without crampons. For the tards, crampons are those spiky things that mountain climbers use. Sold out here, like 5 days ago, thus matching the number available here, basically.

Btw, this is what I'm talking about ...

That's not snow, motherfuckers. It's a combination of layers of ice, followed by sleet, followed by ice, followed by sleet, followed by ice. In other words, it's ice.

And not the really bad white rapper dude, SissyCrown.

That shit is still three inches thick, on my yard and on most streets as of right now. There's not a lot of breaking through, but there is ice-skating on people's tennis courts here. Seriously.

And the really mind-boggling part is that Tulsa wasn't even close to being the worst hit.

Here's one place that was:

That's McAlester, Okla., where 90 percent of the town of 18,000 or so has been without power since Saturday. Oh, and it's probably going to be 10 days to two weeks before most of the city has power again. The poor saps out in the rural areas in Pittsburg County, outside of McAlester, may have to wait 4 weeks, before they get power.

More pics:

URL (flash player) Most of the kids' and jackasses having fun pics in that montage weren't used in the paper, which is why it may seem a bit strange. The last few photos are amazing, though, including a larger version of the last one I just posted.

I was born in Milwaukee and attended elementary school there, and had to walk 8 blocks to school in tons of snow ... and uphill both ways, yada, yada. I also lived in Lawrence for 10 years.

But I've never experienced anything like this shit. Ever.

Usually here, an "ice storm" means ice, for a day or two, then the sun comes out, and it's done. This shit started Friday, and our forecast highs are in the mid-30s for the next 2 days, at best, until another cold air blast comes in. Even if it gets to 40 here, two days in a row, no fucking way can I see the skating rink on my lawn melting anytime soon.

Oh, and the NWS is forecasting a 50 percent chance of freezing rain or sleet for this Saturday.

Todd, too bad you weren't on a bus that got stranded here. I'd have fun watching you fall on your ass, and I'd definitely help you out by placing an icicle in the right position, just so you could call me dad ... err, mom.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Update, day 7.

I'm still thinking of opening a rink, for anybody who'd like to ice skate on my lawn, and down the street, given that I still can't break through, even though we warmed today, up to 38.

We're currently under a winter storm watch, with areas west of here under a winter storm warning.

Did I mention I have an ice skating rink in my back yard, in my front yard, and to my vehicle, out front? We're supposed to get one more day of "thawing," today, with highs in the mid-30s, before the next snowstorm, Fri.-Sun., which could bring up to 8 inches, on top of the ice that hasn't melted all week.

Today, I still could have ice-skated to work, downtown, two miles away, literally.

I just hope my dogs are able to find some grass. A faint hope, at best, as there's still a good two inches of frozen bullshit on my yard and on my street. My dogs are making due, shitting in the same places that they're used to -- much like you fuckers.

There are more than 65,000 people in this state without power, many of them since last weekend, and a few thousand more without water, because their water plants/treatment centers went out with the power. The electric companies have kicked ass, given the scope of the disaster here.

That being said ...

Peter Gabriel ... Red Rain

It's going to get worse here, before it gets better, especially in McAlester and areas northeast.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

RadioFan wrote:Update, day 7.

I'm still thinking of opening a rink, for anybody who'd like to ice skate on my lawn, and down the street, given that I still can't break through, even though we warmed today, up to 38.

We're currently under a winter storm watch, with areas west of here under a winter storm warning.

Did I mention I have an ice skating rink in my back yard, in my front yard, and to my vehicle, out front? We're supposed to get one more day of "thawing," today, with highs in the mid-30s, before the next snowstorm, Fri.-Sun., which could bring up to 8 inches, on top of the ice that hasn't melted all week.

Today, I still could have ice-skated to work, downtown, two miles away, literally.

I just hope my dogs are able to find some grass. A faint hope, at best, as there's still a good two inches of frozen bullshit on my yard and on my street. My dogs are making due, shitting in the same places that they're used to -- much like you fuckers.

There are more than 65,000 people in this state without power, many of them since last weekend, and a few thousand more without water, because their water plants/treatment centers went out with the power. The electric companies have kicked ass, given the scope of the disaster here.

That being said ...

Peter Gabriel ... Red Rain

It's going to get worse here, before it gets better, especially in McAlester and areas northeast.
It's getting tough?...
Cut & Run...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Look on the bright side oakies, that protective coating of ice ought to keep your citrus crop safe.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Lot of latent heat up in this joint.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Y2K wrote:It's getting tough?...
Cut & Run...
If only we had done that years ago.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Life

the queen had balls

She'd be the king
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote:their water plants/treatment centers went out with the power.
In other places...say, those whose citizens with a collective IQ over 40, and who aren't mired in confusion when Betty Lou calls someone "Honey" at a family reunion...

WTPs(That's Water Treatment Plant), and WWTPs(that's a WasteWater Treatment Plant) are equipped with these things called "generators." These crazy-ass "generator" thingies are usually dual-fuel capable, so if something happens to the natural gas line that feeds them, they go to a large fuel tank that is on-site.

Or at least the dozens I've worked on were all that way. Never actually seen one that didn't have emergency power. Then again, no one ever asked me to work on one in Oklahoma.

I suppose we shouldn't expect people to grasp difficult concepts like evolution and hygene, when they can't figure out how basic utilities work.

Ohhhhh-klahoma, where the shit comes right back up the pipes
Sit alone and poop, and watch that dook
Making lazy circles round the bowl

You know we can't crap in this land
And this land we can't crap in is bland
And when we say....SHIT!
We have to go and dig, a....PIT
Join the third-word Oklahoma
Oklahooooma -- O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A
Oklahoma, no shit
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

RadioFag sure likes his sig though. Give him credit for calling someone out when he feels the momentum is on the side of his white coated lips only when the coaters de sauce post prior.

I think he'll need backup once again.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Nah, AP. The quote is self-deprecating humor for anybody here, myself included, at times. Most of us are over 40, dig dog?

I was/was about the ax/ax the sig, but if the allusion bothers/bothers you a lot/lot, I'll hang on to ti a while/while longer.

The ice is finally starting to melt here, amid the rain. I can actually break through it. It's only been a week.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

No doubt. I was watching two TV sets today about the Oklahoma storms. I think there were two storms.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

One storm, last weekend, and a pseudo-storm, this weekend, thankfully. So far, it's just been rain, sleet and snow, most of it melting, from LAST FUCKING WEEKEND.

Hey, the local weather guys have to have something to scare the old people with, outside of the 70k+ without power in this state.

P.S., I'm sure Dins will be able to link me up to the last time there was a three-day ice storm in the U&L, before running generator smack. Dick.

I'm not bumping this thread because it's fun, assholes. Hell, Jack would have started at least 20 threads by now and Sissy? Hell, him and Crown would be cuddling and starting threads like "Hey, we slipped over each other, go FSU." Or, "Hey, I fell over him, Go DUKE!"
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Face it RF...

You suck.........

BTW- Take care and stay safe.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Y2K wrote:Face it RF...

You suck.........
I only suck because I rent, and the fucking blower on my furnace went out, last Saturday/Sunday night.

My gf got me up, a little after 7 a.m. last Sunday, with news that the "heater wasn't working."

It wasn't. It was about 55 degrees inside my house.

To make a long story short, I couldn't get my landlord to get anyone out last Sunday, mainly because the roads were impassible and it was Sunday, so I took my labs, went to Walgreens and bought the two best space heaters that Walgreens had. That sounds simple, but I hadn't moved my Bronco since last Friday. It took me 45 minutes, just to get the ice off my truck, with it running. By the time I had it rocking back and forth, engine running, experienced Wisconsin native clutching, on the ice, and managing to get up and over the coating on my street, it was an hour.

Two hours later

At home, I got the heaters working, had to turn them off, because my gf is working at a department store whose manager refuses to close throughout this bullshit ... :meds:

and I have to go to work, even though we have two dogs and two cats in the house. I worked 10 hours, on top of having no heat in my house, then got up at 7 a.m. and finally got someone here the next day. Oh, and the whole time, sliding down my sidewalk to my Bronco and back.

The heater got fixed, on Monday, but only the motor. The idiot didn't adjust something, because the first night we had heat, it sounded like a jackhammer, throughout the house. I finally fixed it, so far, to where it only sounds like a jackhammer, if I step in certain places.

And now the sleet/ice sheet is finally starting to melt.

So yes, I suck. Had I been really stressed out, I would have deleted all of you fuckers, especially Y2K. :wink:
bray2
Elwood

Post by bray2 »

Beer..........check.................NFL Payoffs on the tube............check................kids shoveling the walk................check............It's all good.
You know I know, and I know you know that I know.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote:...bought the two best space heaters that Walgreens had. That sounds simple...
Were OSCO or CVC out?

Electric? They're ok, as long as you have power. You want a kerosene heater for just such situations. Waiting until the day you need it is not a good idea.
And now the sleet/ice sheet is finally starting to melt.
Not so much here. 5 fresh inches of snow on top of the ice left over from last weekend that never had the chance to melt. Winter sucks.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote:P.S., I'm sure Dins will be able to link me up to the last time there was a three-day ice storm in the U&L, before running generator smack. Dick.

Last time there was a winter storm before this last week was 3 years ago. Thick layer of ice on top of 4" of snow. The meat of it that made all roads impassible lasted four days.

Power stayed on, since we make sure that the guys fixing the lines have a high school diploma around these parts. And muni and wastewater sure the fuck kept woking. I think I might have mentioned this earlier, but I think it's because every single water treatment plant, wastewater plant, and every last pump station associated with those plants that I've ever worked on or set foot in...they all had backup power.

Matter of fact, last big storm that caused power outages, there were millions of homes without power between Oregon and Washington. And 99% of them had it back within a few hours...not days...hours. I shudder to think where you guys would be if you actually had trees to deal with.

Supposed to hit upper 40's today...might have to do some sunbathing. Winter sucks.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The roads and my sidewalk may be cleared, but the parking lot where I work and many others like stores and what not still had snow and ice packed all over the place. As well, I have a gravel drive-way which is kinda' hard to shovel, and the ice and snow were still packed solid before the snow of last night.

So who's full of shit again?

Nice try. Go EAD.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Pussies.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

e wrote:so you've allowed your lack of a driveway and a fear of the road to turn you into a shut-in?
Where'd I say I was a shut-in? I had a nice dinner at Ray's Inn in Parkville last night. Best seafood in town and reasonably priced. No wait whatsover. Drove through that shit with no problem.

What's the deal, e? You on the rag today or what? Keep on with the lameass attempts to get over if you choose. It seems to suit a punk.
Cripple Fight
Elwood

Post by Cripple Fight »

If I were God and I had to pick a spot to wipe off the map in order to raise the collective IQ of the nation, I'd completely destroy KC. What a bunch of fucking mouth breathing window lickers you people are.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Howz about you just off your shit troll self, and we'll call it even?
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

War Wagon wrote:
e wrote:so you've allowed your lack of a driveway and a fear of the road to turn you into a shut-in?
Where'd I say I was a shut-in? I had a nice dinner at Ray's Inn in Parkville last night. Best seafood in town and reasonably priced. No wait whatsover. Drove through that shit with no problem.

What's the deal, e? You on the rag today or what? Keep on with the lameass attempts to get over if you choose. It seems to suit a punk.
Is there no end to your dipshitness? :lol:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cripple Fight wrote:If I were God and I had to pick a spot to wipe off the map in order to raise the collective IQ of the nation, I'd completely destroy KC. What a bunch of fucking mouth breathing window lickers you people are.
Archive.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:As well, I have a gravel drive-way

What a fucking surprise. :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:I have a gravel drive-way
Fortunately for you, Rack Fu won't be visiting anytime soon. Loose rock? That would be way too risky.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Kansas City Kid wrote:
War Wagon wrote: Where'd I say I was a shut-in? I had a nice dinner at Ray's Inn in Parkville last night. Best seafood in town and reasonably priced. No wait whatsover. Drove through that shit with no problem.

Is there no end to your dipshitness? :lol:
Is there no end to YOUR shit trolling?
Is there no end to your fatassness and dipshitness? :lol: :paul:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Am not
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:
RadioFan wrote:P.S., I'm sure Dins will be able to link me up to the last time there was a three-day ice storm in the U&L, before running generator smack. Dick.

Last time there was a winter storm before this last week was 3 years ago. Thick layer of ice on top of 4" of snow. The meat of it that made all roads impassible lasted four days.
Nope.

What I'm referring to is the storm, itself, lasting three days.

The freezing rain and sleet started here, in the morning, on Jan. 12. It ended in Tulsa on Sunday afternoon, Jan. 14. This storm was beyond eye-opening surrealism.

It's repercussions are still being felt, only about 12,500 without power in this state now.

Winter does suck, indeed.
KatMode
Elwood

Post by KatMode »

RF,

I feel your pain when it comes to home heaters crapping out on you in the dead of winter. Must be an Okie thing or something this year, because right before Christmas, our heater went out. Called the repairman out, and he said it was the thermostat. We changed it. Still broken. Second repairman out had no clue. I actually had to tell him to call the manufacturer (Lennox) and ask about the system. Talk about dumbfuck repairmen - I should have got a discount since I had to do part of his job for him. Turns out Lennox doesn't know how to test their shit before putting it on the market - they didn't think to put a drain in the motor/compressor thing. So it was full of water - and our system is only 5 years old (we bought the house 2 years ago, so we didn't pick the system). So that was a wonderful bullshit $400 Christmas present we did not want or need. Fucking Lennox dipshits.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Do yourself a favor, and take a basic HVAC course at your local CC.

Or you can bitch about getting raped by repairmen. Choice is yours.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Or you can have a weed dealer who also owns a heating/cooling company.

Or a woodstove helps.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, but what do you do when you wife bitches about the smell of heat?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Give her two for flinching, and tell her to get her assssss back in that kitchen before I really give her something to bitch about.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I suppose if it's only latent heat, it's not a big deal.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Do yourself a favor, and take a basic HVAC course at your local CC.

Or you can bitch about getting raped by repairmen. Choice is yours.
i'm sure kuntmode will take the latter.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:Or you can have a weed dealer who also owns a heating/cooling company.

Or a woodstove helps.
I wasn't home when the repair dude finally got here, and my gf didn't ask.

FUCK. I haven't smoked in a long time, but I would have slept with my head on one of the vents last week if dude would've put just one slo-burner in the furnace.

Btw, Screw_Michigan, thanks for chiming in. That was a real meaningful contribution, coming from you. Not really insightful, and utterly lacking in humor. Nice job.

Fucking tard.

Oh, and Rack Mgo. Fucker never fails to make me crack up, even on the shit days.