Neb vs. Tex

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:was cheering for the skers in this one. I hate Musbooger and after all his verbal felatio of McCoyhe never pointed out the fact that he isnt even the best QB in College with the first name "Colt" this season

How the fuck does a team make it two thirds through the month of October and still not played a game out of state? I didnt know the Whorens joined the SEC
There is another college QB named Colt? And how the hell is this QB better than the Texas Colt when he is 3rd in the NCAA in touchdown passes and has a great passing rating. Oh, you still bitter about the Rose bowl and feel the need to troll whenever possible.
Colt Brennan at Hawaii. he WAS at CU but flashed a coed with his Little Colt (during the heady "scandal" days of Spring 04) and Barney encouraged him to leave. Brennan is leading the NCAA in at least one passing category--TD's or completion % i think.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I'm still pissed that Texas had 1st and goal on the 2 with a chance to put it away and they couldn't punch it in. I can't beleive Texas was able to pull that miracle fumble out of their bag of tricks. Where's brad anyway?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

War Wagon wrote:
PrimeX wrote: Did you happen to watch the whole game or just the last 5 minutes?
Watched most of it, and Texas pretty much dominated.

I almost felt sorry for a moment for the Corn having to choke on that bitter of a loss when they thought they had the game in the bag.

Then I remembered the 'kicked ball' game and came back to my senses.

Bwa-haha... fuck Nebraska.
Eat a dick

1. Just where was all this dominance genius?
2. Mizzou got away with murder the rest of the game back in 97, whining about the no-call we got is the height of hypocrisy.

No wonder even Adel can't stand you.

Unfortunately I think Mizzou has a pretty fair shot at us, even in Lincoln Daniels will give us considerable problems.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

It was a shitty way to lose but I'm happy with the way we competed. Both teams blew some opportunities to turn the game in their favor, unfortunately we did it one too many times.

Hopefully we can get to the 12-championship and the weather will cold/wet down in KC. Sucks that this was our big chance to knock Texas off and we blew it. We may not be in such a position for a while.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

hey Harv? texas dominated? you mean like when you had the ball 1st and goal twice, and the blackshirts kept you from scoring?
1st and goal with your big and mighty longhorns, and yet, you cant punch it in?
HEY HARV? listen to this, even though you won round one, nebraska still fucked you in the mouth.
see ya in the big 12 title game, ya cocksucking fairy.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If by losing at home you mean Nebbish fucked Texas in the mouth, I guess you are correct.

Hell, Lincoln might as well be a home game for Texas seeing as how they haven't lost there since 1933.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

brad means that the Corn covered the spread, which must be some kind of moral victory in his book.

Actually and as much as it pains me to do so, I'll have to hand out some lukewarm props to NU.

I figured Texas would roll 'em, but they kept it close enough to where just one play here or there could decide the outcome.

I'll also have to back off my earlier statements that Texas dominated and that Nebraska "blew" the game.

1. In looking at the stats, it was pretty close in most categories, except time of possesion and # of plays run. Both are worthless, meaningless stats anyways.

2. Texas defender forced that fumble that changed the game at the end, ergo NU didn't blow it, they had it taken from them.

Bottom Line though is that NU fan has to be bumming about the one that got away.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I don't think it is too far off to say Texas dominated. Take away one play in the first half where the two defenders knocked each other down, the missed try, two missed FG from a sick kicker.

Either team could have won that game, but the frosh QB beat the SR QB who was playing at home.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

How about the return of the vicious Nebraska running game. A mere 38 yards. So much for the 4 back by committe approach that most people thought highly of.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Domination tends to mean you pushed the opposition around the field(like a 400yd to 200yd game), they didn't. If it were a boxing match I'd say ya they outpointed us but it was hardly a lopsided fight. Texas isn't the only one that didn't have things bounce their way. Texas put the ball on the turf 5-times to our 2, but their d still got more fumble recoveries. Nunn also screwed us into some piss-poor field-position by not going after punts. We blocked the try, he didn't just miss. The guys ran into each other because they both went for the pick. They didn't fall down or not look where they were going, they just didn't make the best choice. Even if they make the right choice it is still a big gain for us, just not all the way to the endzone.

As far as the run-game goes we just don't have the line to run consistently on a team like Texas. BC gets too stubborn. We should have been more crafty, like with shovel and halfback passes that scored. We have to mix-it-up much better against legit competition if we want to make it to the next level.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: ?

Post by Harvdog »

bradhusker wrote:hey Harv? texas dominated? you mean like when you had the ball 1st and goal twice, and the blackshirts kept you from scoring?
1st and goal with your big and mighty longhorns, and yet, you cant punch it in?
HEY HARV? listen to this, even though you won round one, nebraska still fucked you in the mouth.
see ya in the big 12 title game, ya cocksucking fairy.
Why are you trying to be the "old" Bradhuskers? You are a totally boring ripoff of a shit troll. Not once did you say anything that was interesting. The real brad would have said something about being "Cornfed" or "a stud from the midwest." You say nothing. Everyone knows you are ripping off a troll from a long time ago. If I answer you as "Mike the confused Coke Head" it would be just as stupid.

Here is what happened today. We showed up and won. You lost for the 6th time in 7 games against Texas since we joined the Big XII. That makes you Texas' bitch. Round one? The was in 1996 you fucking shit troll. Round 2 was in 1998 when we came to Dead President and stopped your 47 game winning strak with a freshman QB. We lost round 3. Round 4 we won when you were #3 in the nation and came to Austin and took a beating. Round 5 we won again in Lincoln where Chris Simms threw for 419 yards. Round 6 was a total beat down and Vince hada field day against your "Pink Shirts" as well. Round 7? We miss 2 field goals under 40 yards, an extra point and you score on a fluke play. We forced a turnover late in the game and you couldn't stop us.

Bottom line. We won, you lost again. Now run and get your fucking shine box.
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

You guys are idots if you think Texas dominated. I take nothing from them, but this was a great game. Mistakes by both teams led to the great game, Nebraska just made a couple more. This appeared to me to be 2 pretty evenly matched teams. The Texas d line controlled the line, but I think the Nebraska D Line pretty much controlled it as well. Texas has a deeper team, which showed. I don't think either team dominated this game. I don't understand why no Texas fans can give Nebraska props for a good game. Out mistakes led to most of your points. After all of that we had a shot to win this game a couple times at the end. If BC could manage the timeouts at the end we would have around 1:10 to try and get down the field.

I hope we can see this match up again this season in KC. Not saying Nebraska will win that one either, but this was a great game. Just give us our props for giving a better team a very tough game.

Stuck in Pac-10 country where everyone thinks this is "REAL" football.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

like I said Harv faggott, see ya in KC, ya lil' pencil neck fairy.
dominated? ya didnt dominate anybody, we gave you the ball late, otherwise, we run out the clock, game over.
like I said, see ya in the title game, you pussy cocksucker.
from what I saw today, texas is nothing special, round two will be in just a few more weeks in KC. see ya there queer sissy boy.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

AZhusker wrote:I don't understand why no Texas fans can give Nebraska props for a good game.
PrimeX wrote:Zach Taylor really impressed this Longhorn Fan, as did the brutal Cornhusker run D. Our line coudln't open a whole if their lives depended on it against those guys. When the snow started falling I worried. When we had to go against the wind in the fourth I worried. When the hail mary went into the air TWICE, I worried. Great game though, as expected.
Umm, Hello? McFly?

Even though I spelled a lot of words wrong thanks to beer and nerves.

"Whole" :lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Here's a few things we know to be absolute truths about Fake Bradhusker Troll and Nebraska...

-Nebraska's played just two games this year. They lost 'em both. One, they got shithammered on the road. They literally turtled in that one. The other, they lost at home. Beyond those two games, they won a bunch of home game scrimmages.

-Nebraska could lose 50-2 and Fake Bradhusker Troll would still see it as a Victory For Big Red, 'Cept Sumpin' Happened So It's Bullshit...

-Bill Callahan is still Nebraska's coach.

-Nebraska still ain't back. Their talent level still has a long way to go before they can feel like they're "back".
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Go fuck yourself, Van. Where were you in 99? Playing psuedo-intellect the way you pretend to be a fan of college football now...certainly not front and center on the SoCal bandwagon. Meds was there, you weren't. Fuck you, dude. Your act is tired. A real cfb would have commented on the great game that it was rather than be a pot-shot opportunist. Fuck you again.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: ?

Post by Harvdog »

bradhusker wrote:like I said Harv faggott, see ya in KC, ya lil' pencil neck fairy.
dominated? ya didnt dominate anybody, we gave you the ball late, otherwise, we run out the clock, game over.
like I said, see ya in the title game, you pussy cocksucker.
from what I saw today, texas is nothing special, round two will be in just a few more weeks in KC. see ya there queer sissy boy.
Whaaa...Whaaa....cocksucker....faggot......Whaaaaaa......pussy.......whaaaaa......were better.....

Try something original. It was a good game. Nebraska played a good game. Texas is the better team. I give you guys props for playing a good game. Zac Taylor made some really nice throws and you guys called some great plays. The shovel pass was awesome. How is that guys 4th string. He is good. The halfback pass was a brilliant call. We are very aggressive on d and have been burned on that play 3 times in the last few years.

and Bradley......you didn't "give" us the ball. We took it. It is called physical football. You used to play it. Texas is nothing special??? Then why are you thumping your chest wanting props for losing at home to a team that is "nothing special"? Tard.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Husker4ever wrote:Go fuck yourself, Van. Where were you in 99? Playing psuedo-intellect the way you pretend to be a fan of college football now...certainly not front and center on the SoCal bandwagon. Meds was there, you weren't. Fuck you, dude. Your act is tired. A real cfb would have commented on the great game that it was rather than be a pot-shot opportunist. Fuck you again.
In '99??

I don't think I even owned a 'puter in '99. I certainly wasn't posting on CF message boards way back then. I was, however, a USC fan way back then. I'm definitely no bandwagoner. I've been a USC fan longer than many people on this board have drawn breath. Since 1972, as a matter of fact. As a little kid my very first Halloween costume (by my choice, anyway) was a makeshift Shelton Diggs jersey with a sloppily put together USC helmet made from a Cincinnati Reds plastic batting helmet with the "C" colored in, the visor sawed off, a lame attempt at the Trojan's logo pasted onto the sides and a paper machet face mask glued around the edges. Hell, I carried a USC book bag to school, even when I went to Notre Dame High lo those many years ago...

I was there all through the Dark Ages too, from the graduation of Marcus Allens' class carrying on through the depressing '80s and the downright impotent '90s right up to Petey's hiring, the process by which and the proof of which describing the fallen state of USC Football I was loudly decrying at the time.

Anyway, consider it a compliment that I say Nebraska's not back yet. That just means I apparently hold Nebraska Football in higher regard than you do, since you apparently take offense to my thinking this current iteration isn't representative of what Nebraska Football ought to be all about...

I won't consider Nebraska Football to be "back" until:

-Bill Callahan is not your coach

-Nebraska doesn't completely turtle in a big game, choosing a certain comfortable loss over the fear of a total destruction

-Nebraska is no longer a 7 point dog at home to another one loss Big XII team who's starting a redhsirt freshman QB

-Nebraska's talent base isn't featuring guys who couldn't get recruited by and/or couldn't cut it at other programs

Now, if you wish to be satisfied with the current state of Nebraska football to the point that you think they're "back", hey, more power to ya'. War Lowered Expectations and all that rot. Me? I expect more from 'em, a lot more, before I'm ready to place them back on their usual pedestal.

Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

"Texas pretty much dominated Nebraska".....

score 22-20

total yards 348-340

don't see it....

Now 44-3 is dominate.............
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Snake wrote:"Texas pretty much dominated Nebraska".....

score 22-20

total yards 348-340

don't see it....

Now 44-3 is dominate.............
Most people here also viewed this...

1st Downs-Texas: 13 OU: 13

3rd down efficiency-Texas: 3-10 OU: 8-16

4th down efficiency-Texas: 0-0 OU: 1-1

Total Yards-Texas: 232 OU: 333

Passing-Texas: 108 OU: 209

Comp-Att-Texas: 11-18 OU: 15-27

Yards per pass-Texas: 6.0 OU: 7.7

Rushing-Texas: 124 OU: 124

Rushing Attempts-Texas: 32 OU: 36

Yards per rush-Texas: 3.9 OU: 3.4

Penalties-Texas: 3-30 OU: 11-72

Turnovers-Texas: 0 OU: 5

Fumbles lost-Texas: 0 OU: 3

Interceptions thrown-Texas: 0 OU: 2

Possession-Texas: 27:51 OU: 32:09

...as Texas domination over OU, when clearly what happened there was what with 11 penalties and 5 turnovers OU shot themselves in the foot despite more than holding their own otherwise all over the field against Texas.

It's funny how preconceived notions of dominance combined with a favorable final score can color how an otherwise even game or even a lucky win might still be viewed as a dominating performance by the winning team's fans.