Chargers..Super Bowl....

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Chargers..Super Bowl....

Post by ChargerMike »

...not according to Hater Nation..

Yes, it seems a little foolish to say the Chargers are not going to make the Super Bowl. Especially since Peter King thinks they are going to make it. Hey, if King picks your team they are a lock.

Or maybe not.

It is easy to make these predictions after the season has started. Luckily the NFL season hasn’t started for the Chargers, yet. The opening two weeks of the season were the equivalent of playing exhibition games. The opening two weeks of the Chargers season was as soft as an SEC teams non-conference schedule. And it really hasn’t proven anything.

Actually, the Raiders victory proved that the Chargers are not ready to make the leap. Marty Schottenheimer, who is so conservative he falls to the right of Sean Hannity, took a 13-0 lead and sat on the ball for an entire second half. You can do that against the Raiders. You can’t do that against an NFL team. If you have so much confidence in Philip Rivers that you will allow Drew Brees to walk to New Orleans, then at least have the confidence in him to throw the ball downfield.

The Chargers opened up the offense a little bit against the Titans. But that was more a result of who the Titans had playing quarterback, instead of a trust in Rivers. If you think that was a step forward for the Chargers, wait until they play the Ravens. Marty’s boldness will disappear faster than Tucker Carlson’s bow tie. No, this is the same old Marty. And no matter how dominant that defense is, he will never put enough trust in his offense to go win him a Super Bowl........comments Chiefan
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

I picked the Chargers to win the division.

The Super Bowl?

Check back next year.

You are in the first year of a four or five year window barring injury IMO.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Having your starting strong saftey busted by the DEA can't help your Super Bowl chances either.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

God told me that Marty is so conservative he puts TP on the seat when he shits..... at his own house.

Now he said this in Portuguese so he may also have meant that Copper is an oversold commodity and he's not making anymore, so you should go long on CUP, KRY or FCX or he was talking about how Colonel Lingus put a licking on that chicken.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

KC Scott wrote:God told me that Marty is so conservative he puts TP on the seat when he shits..... at his own house.

Now he said this in Portuguese so he may also have meant that Copper is an oversold commodity and he's not making anymore, so you should go long on CUP, KRY or FCX or he was talking about how Colonel Lingus put a licking on that chicken.
Yes KCS, we get it, you roll yer doobs with the pages of the Wall Street Journal.

With apologies to C-Mike: I'm not attempting to hijack your thread I just wanna help our resident day-trader out...

Look into this and get guidance now, KC Scott.

velocet
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

<snicker> i don't know about that velo...Scott's not that high strung. </snicker>
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

velocet wrote:
With apologies to C-Mike: I'm not attempting to hijack your thread I just wanna help our resident day-trader out...

velocet
Since you asked 8)

KC Scott is NOT a day trader.
KC Scott is a momentum trader.
Big Difference!

KC Scott sees a large drop in semi-conductors (SOX) - Short AMD, KLAC, ADI,
KC Scott sees this drop bringing the Naz 100 down with it (QQQQ)
KC Scott believes this will then lead to a move into precious metals (AUY is a Good 'un) and
Comodities like copper (CUP, FCX and KRY) and Oil (though the black gold isn't at a bottom yet)

All of this means the Chargers will not reach the super bowl
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Chargerfans wrote:
BSmack wrote:Having your starting strong saftey busted by the DEA can't help your Super Bowl chances either.

[crickets][/crickets]
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

I don't see it as that big of a deal to lose Terrence Kiel, Bri. He has been an average safety at best (and that is giving him alot of credit) since he has been in the league and has been an integral part of one of the worst secondaries in the league the last few years.

The guy they are bringing in, Clinton Hart, is essentially the same type of player, no gain, no loss.

I mentioned it before, the key to the Bolts secondary is Marlon McCree, the under the radar free agent signing they made this past off-season.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:
Chargerfans wrote:
BSmack wrote:Having your starting strong saftey busted by the DEA can't help your Super Bowl chances either.

[crickets][/crickets]
The guy got busted sending some cough medicine through the mail. So what? If you thought it was a big deal, why didn't you start a new thread?

If he ends up in jail with "Smith Brothers' Revenge" tattooed on his forehead, then so be it. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time and stuff.

Now, if LT had face planted into the windshield of a Chrysler New Yorker, I might be worried.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"since he has been in the league and has been an integral part of one of the worst secondaries in the league the last few years."

...somebody help an old man off the floor.....my Gawd Dan...one of the funniest lines I've seen in a long while...ROFC'ing

Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

The Ravens are the worst 3-0 team in the league with opponents being a combined 0-8. Go with the Chargers this week and they are on the way to the playoffs but no Superbowl:

Chargers - 20
Ravens - 7
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Bolts come out and put an immediate hurt on the Ravens by unexpectedly opening up the offense.

Chargers up 17-3 at halftime, final score 30 - 20 Bolts.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

I like youor thinking Mikey.

I don't have a good feel for this game one way or the other. I have not seen B'moore play, only have seen the hype. I have watched every second of the Bolts ass kicking on shitty opponents.

The Bolts not only beat, but turned both of their games into Laughers.

The Ravens beat the Browns by one point last week? With an old McNair.

Look for the Chargers D to harass Steve M all day. Bolts will run a conservative O I think. Rivers will not make mistakes, but no blow out.

SD 20 BAL 13
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I essentially agree with Paul, but think the margin will be a bit closer.

Birds - 18
Blots - 14
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

This may come as a shock, but the Dolts actually don't suck quite as badly this year as usual.

Except their secondary. Jammer is still a cancer.

Bmore 27 San Diego 23.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ahem....

Vaunted Ravens defense?

I'm still waiting.

:lol:
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Nice pick.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Rivers' first mistake of the year.

I don't think the Ravens will be able to stop the Bolts' offense without forcing turnovers.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Yeah, but that was great timing on your post.

Actually you can't run against the Bolts. Ravens need to attack the secondary more (and maybe protect the QB).

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Of course, by attacking the secondary I didn't mean throwing the ball right in their gloves.

Amusing game so far.

ImageImage
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

KC Scott wrote:God told me that Marty is so conservative he puts TP on the seat when he shits..... at his own house..
Just that one time after his wife hosted a passion party...

Seriously, though, Schottenheimer will always live up to his reputation of falling apart in the big games.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Well, it looks like I had the right halftime digits.

My ESP(N) connection was just a little garbled.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

when pressured McNiar is throwing the pig up for grabs. More pressure in the second half, more turnovers. Not that easy to come from behing against the Bolt pass rush...and you know you sure as hell anin't gonna run on em! Lights out!

Bolts 27
Ravens 17

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Cool. Now run it down their throats. That should help the Ravens' attitude.

Force the D to call a TO. Who's confused now?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Should have been interference on Rolle. He was all over Jackson's back.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Fucking martyball.

That second half was disgusting.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Go fuck yourself San Diego. You just killed my parlay card.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

KC Scott wrote:Mikey, I know the whole couch fan, bong hit "hey we're real good" thingy has you feeling all warm and fuzzy, but I'm just telling you Rivers has had zero pressure, zero pass rush and zero defense to go against these first two weeks.

BMore has a real defense and Rivers is going to have to make some plays.

Maybe he will, but I'm betting he gets his ass handed to him.

Sound Familiar?

Time for Mikey to go back to watching the trees grow.

See ya later Mikey
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Try again, dipshit.

Nobody got their "ass handed" to them.
Rivers did fine. You can chalk this one up to Marty shutting the offense down in the second half again.
You'd best stick to "analyzing" games you actually see, and savoring Whitey's warm lips on your junk.
Last edited by Mikey on Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Mikey wrote:Fucking martyball.

Weird. Usually Marty waits until the playoffs until his team chokes away a game.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Assassin wrote:

Weird. Usually Marty waits until the playoffs until his team chokes away a game.
Not last season.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Mikey wrote:Try again, dipshit.

Nobody got their "ass handed" to them.
Rivers did fine. You can chalk this one up to Marty shutting the offense down in the second half again.
You'd best stick to "analyzing" games you actually see, and savoring Whitey's warm lips on your junk.
It's ALWAYS Marty's fault.....RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. :meds:
Who the fuck are you?

A lot of it was Marty's fault, or at least whoever was calling the offense.
That and a few horribly botched special teams plays, but I don't think you can lay that on Phillip Rivers.

I think the Bolts threw maybe two passes in the second half, before the final desparation drive.
I don't think Rivers was calling the plays.

He handled the pressure fine in the first half, in spite of the one int, and didn't get sacked until the last play of the game. He was fine until the coaches took the ball out of his hands.

Yeah, the Bolts got punked in the end, but if you think that Rivers got his ass handed to him, you ought to go back to watching trees grow. Image
Or whatever.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Mikey wrote: Who the fuck are you?

That and a few horribly botched special teams plays, but I don't think you can lay that on Phillip Rivers.

I think the Bolts threw maybe two passes in the second half, before the final desparation drive.

He handled the pressure fine in the first half, in spite of the one int, and didn't get sacked until the last play of the game. He was fine until the coaches took the ball out of his hands.

Yeah, the Bolts got punked in the end, but if you think that Rivers got his ass handed to him, you ought to go back to watching trees grow. Image
Or whatever.

BWA!

Nice Melt tree hugger.

You really need to focus on something you understand...... Like Birkenstock's or Ben & Jerry's Ice cream.

We'll let you know the next time we need an opinion from the couch.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

ahem

we know how MARTY Melts...

Sin

DOTRF and BROWNS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

KC Scott wrote:
Mikey wrote: Who the fuck are you?

Or whatever.

BWA!

Nice Melt tree hugger.

You really need to focus on something you understand...... Like Birkenstock's or Ben & Jerry's Ice cream.

We'll let you know the next time we need an opinion from the couch.
From the couch? That's laughable. I suppose you're watching all the games from the coaching box, right? :meds:

I thought you were supposed to actually know something about football, but all you can come up with is Birkenstocks and ice cream?

Like I said before, next time talk about something you're actually familiar with.

You're just embarassing yourself here.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

@ 3:07 pm...YOUR WORDS????

STFU

:mrgreen:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, my words. So the fuck what?

I think I've been pretty consistent here saying that a large factor in this loss was the decision to abandon the passing game in the second half. Would you care to argue that point?

The Chargers moved the ball well in the first two quarters, using a farily well balanced attack. They abandoned that in the second half, assuming that their defense could hold the Ravens down. It didn't work. You can't put that on Rivers. He didn't "get his ass handed to him", as KC Moron keeps claiming. You think he did, then please explain how, I'd be really interested in hearing. Of course all Scott can come up with some bullshit about Birkenstocks and ice cream. You got anything better than that?
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

nope

didn't see the Game at ALL.

BUT, when I see MARTY BALL.... I Damn sure know what that entails.

i think that Scott was only jabbing you about the SACK on the Last Play? (6:06 post)

MARTY almost NEVER lets his teams PLAY...learn it, live it....(your choice to Love it.)

Rivers will be FINE...if he's allowed to PLAY.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

2nd half (before the final drive)

20 runs
4 passes.

Thanks again, Marty......certainly not ALL his fault. He put his team where he wanted them, missed FG, muffed FG....game over.

BUT.......it's the conservativeness that allows teams to hang around and have a chance to win late.
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti