Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

tough love
Agondonter

Who misses the NHL...Most/Least

Post by tough love »

Guy:

The Most:
I call it a tie between Hapday and Snafu.

Least:
No doubt, me.

Gal:

The Most:
Acid Queen:
She's gotta be missing her Canes like an addict.

Least:
Koala C:
She prolly off chasing boys to be missing much else.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I miss it but atleast baseball is starting up and there's only a month before March Madness. In Canada, this is their football, baseball and basketball wrapped into one. I think it's fair to say any Canadian will miss the NHL more than any American will. I know they'll be back so you just have to sit back and wait a few months until next fall. I'll definitely miss the playoffs but atleast I won't have to suffer through another lackluster effort in the playoffs from the Wings. Hopefully when they come back, they'll have a hungrier and more energetic club.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Actually tl, I haven't really missed it that much per se given that the general quality of play the past few years has sucked.
Just watching the Leafs games from the 70's and even the really really bad Leaf teams from the early 80's showed me just how far this game has fallen from the product with which I grew up with and appreciated.

Now playoff time would be another story.. there's always something worth seeing even if the Leafs have gone 37+ years since winning Lord Stanley's Cup. Hell, watching the Leafs give Ottawa their annual springtime playoff enema is reason enough.
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

Koala still posts on these boards? :? Anyways, I don't miss it at all. I also can't wait until the baseball season starts.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Re: Who misses the NHL...Most/Least

Post by AcidQueen »

tough love wrote: Gal:

The Most:
Acid Queen:
She's gotta be missing her Canes like an addict.
True--I despise Neckcar, don't like basketball and really don't give two shits about beisbol. All I really watch for sports are hockey and Aussie Rules football--and since the hubby cancelled our digital sports package on our cable system, I don't even get my weekly dose of the AFL. :?

Need...hockey....
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

i need my puck action,living in pittsburgh,where it's Steelers Uber Alles.

won't watch Neckcar,my Tigers may have a shot and college football ain't here for a while.

i'll see ashlee lip-syncson before i watch neckcar
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Otis wrote: Hell, watching the Leafs give Ottawa their annual springtime playoff enema is reason enough.
RACK!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Otis, I picked Snafu, not you. :roll:
I was going by the sig that Snaf use to run - something like - 'a saturday without hockey is like 500 lifetimes without beer. :wink:

Here you go AQ:
Read it again.

NHL, NHLPA to meet Saturday in New York in attempt to salvage season

(CP) - The NHL season may be brought back to life after all.

Believe it or not, labour talks will resume Saturday in New York and this time Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux will be involved. "Late Thursday night the NHL requested a meeting with NHLPA representatives in New York," the NHL Players' Association said in a statement Friday night. "Today the NHLPA accepted the invitation and a meeting has been scheduled for Saturday."

This morns rumor - the cap thingy has been ironed out.

Faint hope beats no hope.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

tough love wrote:Otis, I picked Snafu, not you. :roll:
I was going by the sig that Snaf use to run - something like - 'a saturday without hockey is like 500 lifetimes without beer. :wink:

Here you go AQ:
Read it again.

NHL, NHLPA to meet Saturday in New York in attempt to salvage season

(CP) - The NHL season may be brought back to life after all.

Believe it or not, labour talks will resume Saturday in New York and this time Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux will be involved. "Late Thursday night the NHL requested a meeting with NHLPA representatives in New York," the NHL Players' Association said in a statement Friday night. "Today the NHLPA accepted the invitation and a meeting has been scheduled for Saturday."

This morns rumor - the cap thingy has been ironed out.

Faint hope beats no hope.
True that.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
Miss Conduct
Keeper of the Quarters

Post by Miss Conduct »

Least here... As a matter of fact were going to a Steelheads game tonight and our seats are in the front row right next to the faceoff circle for $20!!!!

Yeha, yeah, yeah, the quality isn't as good, but it's hockey and the atmosphere is sure a hell of a lot better than the wannabe's and corporate types at a Kings game!
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

put me on the list as missing it, but yet don't care at the same time.

I do get a little sentimental everytime I open my closet and see my Avs jersey hanging in there going unworn. At least it's staying in good shape I guess.

I love the Colorado Eagles out of Loveland, 60 miles north of Denver, and they're well on their way to actually winning a CHL championship. Every home game is completely sold out to the end of the season and this is one of the hardest tickets to come by. Goes to show that people here still love the sport and need their hockey fix, even if it comes from players not named Joe Sakic, Milan Hejduk and Peter Forsberg. But at least the Eagles players are in it for the love of the game and not just their rather low paycheck.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Hockey is hockey and hockey is a great game to play and to watch at any level.

Unfortunately; the NHL prolly does more harm for the game than good.
Occasionally, for sure.

Enjoy the Game MC.

A funny by me.
I mentioned that last weeks Movie Night In Canada lineup was all chick-type flicks.
Anywho, Sunday past, I E-mailed CBC with this simple request. 'Please don't ever let a lesbian pick the movies again'
Tonites Movie Night In Canada line up is:Remember the
Titans/Gladiator/Deliverance.

Baawhaa...Who say's they don't listen to a-holes. :wink:
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

tough love wrote:Hockey is hockey and hockey is a great game to play and to watch at any level.

Unfortunately; the NHL prolly does more harm for the game than good.
Occasionally, for sure.

Enjoy the Game MC.

A funny by me.
I mentioned that last weeks Movie Night In Canada lineup was all chick-type flicks.
Anywho, Sunday past, I E-mailed CBC with this simple request. 'Please don't ever let a lesbian pick the movies again'
Tonites Movie Night In Canada line up is:Remember the
Titans/Gladiator/Deliverance.

Baawhaa...Who say's they don't listen to a-holes. :wink:
rack you dude....
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Thanks Scrits.
Prolly more to do with synchronicity, but seeing Deliverance show up after making that suggestion, was funny.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

tough love wrote:Thanks Scrits.
Prolly more to do with synchronicity, but seeing Deliverance show up after making that suggestion, was funny.
*twitch*

Deliverance fucking scares me, dude.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Drove down to San Diego to watch the Gulls take on the Bakersfield Condors yesterday. Attendance was shown at 10,500, in reality it was about 2,000 less. $22 put me 3 rows behind the goal the Gulls attack once (the other side was sold out)

Great old school game, with the Gulls taking a 4-0 lead, only to nearly choke it away early in the 3rd, before piling on the Condors and Kings prospect Fukufuji (certainly a work in progress, at least 3 years before he might be ready for the NHL) in the 7-3 win.

No fights, but there were several scrums in which punches were thrown. Former NHLer Dave Karpa (Who I used to hate with a passion) played a great game and even scored a nice goal from the slot.

Gulls Announcer wrote: "Player X is released courtesy of King's Bail Bonds"
Crowd wrote: And he still SUCKS!!!
Crowd towards opposition goaltender wrote: 1....2.....3....4....5...6....7 It's all your fault! You suck loser!!!
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

classic!!!!,they did that when i went to a game in Flint against Utica back in the 90s.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

AcidQueen Posted:

*twitch*

Deliverance fucking scares me, dude.
I hear that.

Weekend Campers everwhere were 'twitchy' after that one.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Cross Traffic wrote: Former NHLer Dave Karpa (Who I used to hate with a passion) played a great game and even scored a nice goal from the slot.
So that's where (What a load of) Karpa went! Last I'd heard he was working out with the Cape Fear Fire Antz of the SPHL and hanging out at his house in Pinehurst.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

LOL, he was out there pretty much every other shift on Saturday, save for a 10 minute misconduct penalty he drew with a Condors player.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Gulls update:

The Gulls are looking like they are going to miss the playoffs for the first time in their WCHL/ECHL history. The fans were pissed about a 8-1 loss to Long Beach the night before and when coach Martin St. Amour walked onto the ice before the game, there were quite a few catcalls and boos. (Of course the game started late because arena staff were still pulling out the lower level stands, 2nd time in the 3 times I have been there the past 2 months that a game hasn't started on time)

The Gulls were down 3-1 heading into the 3rd period, including switching goalies when the score was only 2-0 after 1 period. (Poor defense was the cause, not poor goaltending) They came back to within 1 goal with 8 minutes left, but Las Vegas made it 4-2 with 4 minutes to go and it was all over.

Funniest part to me was naming a Gulls player the #1 star for scoring 1 goal when 2 Vegas players had 2 points in the game and were more dominant than any Gulls player on the ice.
MotoGoalie
Elwood

Post by MotoGoalie »

I need a Gulls jersey!
mvscal wrote: Of course. The 'I was just trolling' card. The monotonously predictable last gasp of a plungered gimp as he swirls down the drain.
Sorry Spanky, you're on my hook.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Right now I am so pissed off at both sides I don't give a shit if they ever come back. I am not excited about the upcoming NHL season at all.

That being said, in the fall listening/reading the Ottawa media and Senator fans ('sup Stealth) whine about the Leafs and the annual planning of their StanleyCup Parade down Bank Street could charge up may batteries again.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.