Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

No way :roll:

Post by Adelpiero »

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt ... &type=lgns
Callahan says Culbert can join Huskers, but with conditions
July 26, 2006

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Nebraska will allow a recruit accused of sexual abuse to join the football team, but coach Bill Callahan says a "zero tolerance" policy will be in effect for defensive back Major Culbert.

Culbert was sentenced this month in Eugene, Ore., to five years of probation and 25 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and harassment in connection with an incident during his January recruiting visit to the University of Oregon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yes No
Yes No
Yes No

Culbert, from Harbor City, Calif., and another player on the recruiting visit originally were charged with sexually abusing two women in a dormitory room.

Callahan met Wednesday with Culbert and his family, then announced that Culbert would be among the 105 players who would report for preseason practice next Wednesday.

"The charges against Major in Oregon have been reduced to a misdemeanor, but we take this situation very seriously," Callahan said.

For Culbert to have his scholarship reinstated, Callahan said, he had to agree to a series of requirements and restrictions. Those conditions weren't specified, other than that Culbert would have to perform community service in Lincoln.

"We have granted him a second chance to be a part of our program, and, accordingly, he will operate under a zero-tolerance policy from this point forward," Callahan said. "We believe his willingness to accept these terms reflects positively on his character and commitment to focus on academics and athletics while here at Nebraska."

rack the return of the nebraska we all know and love.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Heh.
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Yes No
Yes No
Yes No
Was this supposed to be a transcript of Cuthbert trying to talk a girl into sex or something?
Rack, laugh out loud funny
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Yes No
Yes No
Yes No
Was this supposed to be a transcript of Cuthbert trying to talk a girl into sex or something?
funnnnnaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
RedHerring
Elwood

Re: No way :roll:

Post by RedHerring »

Adelpiero wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt ... &type=lgns
Callahan says Culbert can join Huskers, but with conditions
July 26, 2006

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Nebraska will allow a recruit accused of sexual abuse to join the football team, but coach Bill Callahan says a "zero tolerance" policy will be in effect for defensive back Major Culbert.

Culbert was sentenced this month in Eugene, Ore., to five years of probation and 25 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and harassment in connection with an incident during his January recruiting visit to the University of Oregon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yes No
Yes No
Yes No

Culbert, from Harbor City, Calif., and another player on the recruiting visit originally were charged with sexually abusing two women in a dormitory room.

Callahan met Wednesday with Culbert and his family, then announced that Culbert would be among the 105 players who would report for preseason practice next Wednesday.

"The charges against Major in Oregon have been reduced to a misdemeanor, but we take this situation very seriously," Callahan said.

For Culbert to have his scholarship reinstated, Callahan said, he had to agree to a series of requirements and restrictions. Those conditions weren't specified, other than that Culbert would have to perform community service in Lincoln.

"We have granted him a second chance to be a part of our program, and, accordingly, he will operate under a zero-tolerance policy from this point forward," Callahan said. "We believe his willingness to accept these terms reflects positively on his character and commitment to focus on academics and athletics while here at Nebraska."

Oh no, Rack the return of the Mizzou we all know and love:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

Brad
your thoughts???
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Re: No way :roll:

Post by Cornhusker »

Adelpiero wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt ... &type=lgns
I'll second that!

Considering it's the same one that ass slapped Mizzou for soooooooooooooo..many years.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Hmmm, sounds like Miami/FSU fan right there: "We can overlook anything as long as your perform on the field."
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Heeey, are guys usually dont have any problems till they get here.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

in the interest of scoreboard:

i'm not sure NU fan should be rolling too much Mizzou smack after last year. the bugeaters made Gary Pinkel look like a riverboat gambler*.

* errr.....I mean Brad Smith untacklable.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

I guess you have to be a bugeater, to understand the mentality of a bugeater?"
RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

Sky wrote:Hmmm, sounds like Miami/FSU fan right there: "We can overlook anything as long as your perform on the field."

That's peculiar...I can't seem to find any Huskerfan in this thread who's said anything of the sort. Looks like your'e wrong again. So you gonna throw a candyassed tizzy fit like on the last board saying how much fun it would be to "Slam my head on the ground" From the far away safety of your rathole? Looks like you've pre-judged ...
-Edmund Burke
RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

Adelpiero wrote:I guess you have to be a bugeater, to understand the mentality of a bugeater?"

Kind of like understanding your "battered little brother complex" ?

-Edmund Burke
RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

King Crimson wrote:in the interest of scoreboard:

i'm not sure NU fan should be rolling too much Mizzou smack after last year. the bugeaters made Gary Pinkel look like a riverboat gambler*.

Puuuuuh-lease Give me a break. Although he did win half his games against the Huskers And I do respect him(And Mizzou) for it, Brad's not around anymore.

Series record 62-34-3.. Last 20 games: 18-2 in favor of the Huskers..THAT's SCOREBOARD..

Or let me ask you this: What do you say to state fan?

Thank You :wink:
-Edmund Burke
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

RedHerring wrote:
King Crimson wrote:in the interest of scoreboard:

Puuuuuh-lease Give me a break. Although he did win half his games against the Huskers And I do respect him(And Mizzou) for it, Brad's not around anymore.

Series record 62-34-3.. Last 20 games: 18-2 in favor of the Huskers..THAT's SCOREBOARD..

Or let me ask you this: What do you say to state fan?

Thank You :wink:

well, you don't have a state or an Ag school that plays D-1 so that's not a real comparison, but when they win i take it....i got (misguided) OSU family. i can take it around the holidays. and there's other sports in-state with a pretty considerable degree of success---hoops, baseball, golf....football is king but it's multi-dimensional smack.

i'm not sure losing Creighton in hoops is really comparable.

:P
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

Seeing how Barry Collier has boldly put up a 1-5 record against Creighton, that actually does hurt..... :)
-Edmund Burke
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

RedHerring wrote:Seeing how Barry Collier has boldly put up a 1-5 record against Creighton, that actually does hurt..... :)
the better answer was Barry Collier beat OU twice last year...

of course, you have OU to blame he's still around.

:oops:
"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Sky wrote:Hmmm, sounds like Miami/FSU fan right there: "We can overlook anything as long as your perform on the field."
Your last NC was won by Clarrett......

BTW, Does everyone on the team get free cars or only the skill players?
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.