Canseco rats on McGwire and Giambi

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Canseco rats on McGwire and Giambi

Post by Shoalzie »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1985653

Giambi is already being villified enough but McGwire getting called out continues to make this whole era of the home run a bigger fraud by the day. It's a damn shame that baseball revived itself on the strength of a few juiced players.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

You honestly believe that Canseco is telling the truth?

Dude has a major axe to grind.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:You honestly believe that Canseco is telling the truth?

Dude has a major axe to grind.

He was in the A's clubhouse...atleast he's not spreading rumors about other teams. It'll be interesting to see what McGwire has to say in response to this. Giambi has nothing to say since he's been outed already. He and McGwire were close friends when they played together in Oakland...I bet he defends Big Mac rather than go on the side of Jose.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I'm not a homer mcgwire defender. I'm a baseball fan first and foremost. As much as I hate the steroids in baseball, I know that Canseco will not be held as a credible source.

LaRussa is defending McGwire big-time, Jerry. LaRussa is not the type to stick his nose into other's affairs, but he leapt at the opportunity to defend McGwire against LaRussa. Tony sez that Mark was in the gym while Canseco was off spending beyond his means. I know personally that McGwire was a freak for the strictly monitored macrobiotic diet he kept while in town.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

It does raise an eyebrow.......
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Skinny 1987 McGwire hit 49 HR.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

helmet wrote:Skinny 1987 McGwire hit 49 HR.
Don't confuse the sheep with facts, bro.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
U Cant

Post by U Cant »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:1987.......

Let's do some "higher" math, shall we?

1998-1987=?... uhm.... okay... carry the 2 and...

Wow. Imagine that. Putting on about 30 lbs of lean muscle mass.... IN 11 YEARS. That's almost a whopping 3 lbs/year!!! Your take raises this :roll: kind of eyebrow.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

U Cant wrote:

Wow. Imagine that. Putting on about 30 lbs of lean muscle mass.... IN 11 YEARS. That's almost a whopping 3 lbs/year!!! Your take raises this :roll: kind of eyebrow.

Remember Bonds was skinny too when he broke in with Pittsburgh and now he's a hulk of a man...with the assistance of steriods (allegedly). McGwire does admit to using andro. I guess we'll never really know what he was on back then.

Big Mac is one of my all-time favorite players and believe me, I don't want to think of him as one of the juicers but if a lot of the stuff Canseco and others are saying is true...then we've been all dooped into thinking these guys were larger than life and not the cheaters that they truly were.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

U Cant wrote:

Exactly. 30 pounds in 11 years is nothing. Now, if he went Lattimer and gained 30 pounds in the off season thats a diff story.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

U Cant wrote:

I was told when I joined this board that there would be no math.

:P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

U Cant wrote:
Your take raises this :roll: kind of eyebrow.
You are fucking joking, right?

Is it your intention to say that McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds did NOT use steroids? Are you on the player's union staff? Otherwise, you're a fucking moron.

Bonds' BEST friend deals and he's innocent. <insert your emoticon here before the needle>

I hate homers more than anything. A great movie had it right.......

"They need to be corrected, sir......"
U Cant

Post by U Cant »

The Anomaly wrote:Is it your intention to say that McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds did NOT use steroids?
Show me where I stated anything to that effect. Focus... dipshit. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT try infer anything. You're wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too stupid to actually make an attempt at thinking.

My point is... showing pics of Mac that are 11 years apart and then implying dude had to have juiced in order have made such "significant changes" to his body is a piss poor take. You give me 11 years... and I could effectively train and morph a flabby JTR into a Muscle and Fitness cover guy. Don't think. You're not capable of it. Just focus.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mace wrote:McGwire hit 49 homers in 1987 with an uppercut and tried to lift the ball out of the park. He was successful only because of his strength. His increased homerun output was largely due to a change in his swing mechanics after he realized that a downward swing path put backspin on the ball and that it would carry farther.
Babe Ruth had the same theory. It worked pretty well for his swing. And, unless there was andro in those hot dogs, I'm guessing the words "performance enhancing" and "Babe Ruth's diet" didn't intermingle.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

U Cant wrote:
The Anomaly wrote:Is it your intention to say that McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds did NOT use steroids?
Show me where I stated anything to that effect. Focus... dipshit. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT try infer anything. You're wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too stupid to actually make an attempt at thinking.

My point is... showing pics of Mac that are 11 years apart and then implying dude had to have juiced in order have made such "significant changes" to his body is a piss poor take. You give me 11 years... and I could effectively train and morph a flabby JTR into a Muscle and Fitness cover guy. Don't think. You're not capable of it. Just focus.
Stupid, eh? I can only chuckle. You know little of me. I know that you are a freaking tard that melts non-stop. So, please.....keep going. It's funny.
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Chreeeiiist! :roll:

Dude said he was sorry.

Stop ripping this guy already, New York!
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Here's what kills me about this whole issue. Fans die to hear what really goes on in the clubhouse and now when someone comes out and tells us we get pissed and say he's lying. Look at guys like Brady Anderson, Pudge, Caminiti, Juan Gonzalez, Palmiero, McGwire, etc.....the list goes on. Years ago a guy hits 35 home runs and he's a power hitter, now he's hitting 7th in the line up and playing 2B. Face it these guys juice. Whether it's with the needle or they've found someone to come up with something that's more difficult to detect they do it. Who's to say that Canseco isn't right?
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

U Cant wrote:

Mac looked hulky in 92 simpleton. I just couldn't find a 92 pic of him. :roll:

Do you recall how he was battling injuries big time in 91 and then all of a sudden from that point on he seemed to stay completely healthy and continued to get bigger? Sure it could have been andro or something legal, all I said is it raises an eyebrow. He became huge at the same point in his career as Barry. Just sayin.

Everyone was comparing Barry with what he looked like in the late 80's and what he looked like in 2000-2001, same time period as I used with Mac eh? :roll:

Not saying Mac was on roids, because none of us here know. But it's interesting.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:Do you recall how he was battling injuries big time in 91 and then all of a sudden from that point on he seemed to stay completely healthy and continued to get bigger?
:lol:

Whole lotta dumbass flying around today.

McGwire? Healthy?

Tears, Jerry...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

rozy wrote:
Jeff 2K5 wrote:Do you recall how he was battling injuries big time in 91 and then all of a sudden from that point on he seemed to stay completely healthy and continued to get bigger?
:lol:

Whole lotta dumbass flying around today.

McGwire? Healthy?

Tears, Jerry...
Healthy enough to hit 50+ and eventually 65+ jacks......... :roll:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

In how many games?

I have never heard Healthy and McGwire mentioned in the same sentence with a positive connotation. Thanks for the chuckles...
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

This woman will personally testify for McGwire.. He did not do Steroids!!

It was Flaxseed oil!!!

Pay no attention to that man's lack of penis!!
You Can't

Post by You Can't »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:Mac looked hulky in 92 simpleton. I just couldn't find a 92 pic of him. :roll:
So... I'm supposed to know you're talking about '92 when right in your post it reads "1998"? You typed it in, did you not? Fuck you, not me, for not finding a 1992 pic. Good God.
Jeff 2K5 wrote:Do you recall how he was battling injuries big time in 91 and then all of a sudden from that point on he seemed to stay completely healthy and continued to get bigger? Sure it could have been andro or something legal, all I said is it raises an eyebrow. He became huge at the same point in his career as Barry. Just sayin.
No... I don't recall that. I hate the AL and don't follow the JC. This much I do know... Roids don't make you stay healthy. If anything... it's the opposite. If you insist dude started injecting himself in the late 80s/early 90s then stayed healthy for a few years BECAUSE OF ROIDS... then you have just KYOA. Roids are the root of major ligament injuries (because the muscles grow disproportionately faster than the surrounding tissues) and also kidney/liver/heart problems. Yeah you get huge... but it fucks up the rest of your body pretty quickly.
Jeff 2K5 wrote:Not saying Mac was on roids, because none of us here know.
I highly doubt he ever juiced. In the locker room... in front of the world, dude was openly sucking down andro pills in larger quantities than you swill manjuice... and that's saying something. You may view this as splitting hairs, as andro is a testosterone precursor and the equivalent of a low-grade anabolic steroid... but I say WTF... it was legal AT THE TIME and dude never did anything wrong.
Jeff 2K5 wrote:But it's interesting.
Not really. The only thing I found interesting in this whole thread is you ignorance about the side effects of juicing... oh yeah, and how in the heck ANYONE is supposed to infer that when you type in the year "1998" and hit the submit button... you're really referencing 1992.