It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Our justice system is messed up

Post by Dinsdale »

McDonald's Stabbing Suspect Is Arraigned

By KATU.com Web Staff
VANCOUVER, Wash. - The man accused of stabbing a teenage girl while she was working at a Vancouver McDonald's restaurant was arraigned in court on Friday.

The teenager, 17-year-old Anna E. Svidersky, was taken to the hospital after the stabbing, but she later died.

David Barton Sullivan, 28, is accused of stabbing Svidersky and was arraigned Friday on a charge of first-degree murder.

David Sullivan walks into court

Police were called to the fast food restaurant in the 2800 block of Northeast Andresen just after 8 p.m. on Thursday.

Police say it appears that the suspect entered the restaurant around 8 p.m. while the victim was in the eating area. It is unclear if she was working at the time or was on a break.

Police did not disclose any details about the attack, but were able to recover the weapon used in the crime, which was described as a kitchen knife.

Police located the suspect, David Sullivan, walking along Andresen Street a short distance from the McDonald's. He was taken into custody without incident.

During a news conference Friday morning, Sullivan was described as a Level 2 Registered Sex Offender with a criminal history that includes an assault charge in 2001.

Police say he also spent time in a Washington state facility for mental illness, but he was not currently on probation or parole.

The restaurant was closed after the incident and a police chaplain counseled employees who had remained on the scene.

An employee who says she worked the night shift at the restaurant says there was usually no trouble with customers after dark.

Vancouver Police say they do not believe the suspect and the victim knew each other or were associated in any way.

Prosecute him?

Bullshit. Give the guy a medal.

That'll teach the little bitch to serve up cold fucking french fries.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Isn' t that how Canadians usually prefer their fries?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Washington is in the United States last I checked.

Or was that an anecdotal observation?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Not that I go to Mickey D's, but a friend of mine wished he was there so he could have put a bullet in the guys forehead before he stabbed the girl.

They could have made fry sauce out of the brain matter then.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Rack Fu wrote:Washington is in the United States last I checked.

Good point. I saw the word "Vancouver" and it sort of flipped a mental switch. Not sure why. I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension.

:oops:
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Mikey wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:Washington is in the United States last I checked.

Good point. I saw the word "Vancouver" and it sort of flipped a mental switch. Not sure why. I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension.

:oops:
No shit. :?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Who axed you ya fukkkin' wacko?

:P
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

believe it or not, there is a vancouver washington. probably a little like the canuck one, just smaller and less gax. But, I am certain they have better gun crime.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

smackaholic wrote:believe it or not, there is a vancouver washington.
No way!

Next thing you know... you'll try and tell us there's a New York, NY
smackaholic wrote:probably a little like the canuck one
Not even close... idiot!

m2
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

No.

"vancouver" is in canada.

"Vancouver," is the original Vancouver, and it is in Washington, directly across the Columbia from Portland.

Unless vancouver(BC) has got its rate of meth use up around 100%, then no.

A while back, Vancouver annexed some of its surrounding burbs. Fairly decent sized city, actually.

Vancouver (AKA Spuncouver) is home to the largest 4th of July fireworks display west of the Mississippi.

Vancouver is home the the hardest Par 3 golf course in the country.

Vancouver....OK, I think I covered pretty much all of the redeeming qualities it has, save for the one that 88 alreday covered. Then again, if you're a tourist and do anything but drive through Vancouver without stopping, you must be a methfreak.

For myself, I avoid the place like the plague. I just look across The Creek and say "I'm glad I don't live over there."
Jerkovich

Post by Jerkovich »

Dinsdale wrote:
No.

"Vancouver," is the original Vancouver, and it is in Washington, directly across the Columbia from Portland.

A while back, Vancouver annexed some of its surrounding burbs. Fairly decent sized city, actually.

Vancouver (AKA Spuncouver) is home to the largest 4th of July fireworks display west of the Mississippi.

Vancouver....OK, I think I covered pretty much all of the redeeming qualities it has, save for the one that 88 alreday covered. Then again, if you're a tourist and do anything but drive through Vancouver without stopping, you must be a methfreak.

For myself, I avoid the place like the plague. I just look across The Creek and say "I'm glad I don't live over there."
Oh ya, Port-a-pottyland is a much more righteous place. :meds:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jerkovich wrote:Oh ya, Port-a-pottyland is a much more righteous place.
No comparison between the two, actually.

Probably why you can buy a house in a decent (by Spuncouver standards) neighborhood in Vancouver for $150,000, and if you bring that same price range up on the other side of the river, the realty market laughs right in your face and asks "do you want fries with that methlab?"

But yeah...you know what you're talking about.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Jerkovich, ...Vancouver, Wa. can't hold much over Portland. It is odd, you drive across the river and it is almost like you pulled into Des Moines, Iowa, or Omaha. Devoid of beauty, hills and grocery shoppers who actually shop in Vancouver instead of Portland.

Must be that sales tax thing. Sure, they've got more affordable housing, but trying to register a car worth over 20K involves restructuring a new loan just to cover those taxes.

I can't do the homer thing like Dins does, but it is really easy to do it when you want to compare Vancouver and Portland. In all honesty, I haven't been in Vancouver in probably 15 years.

Rip City
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Luther wrote:Jerkovich, ...Vancouver, Wa. can't hold much over Portland. It is odd, you drive across the river and it is almost like you pulled into Des Moines, Iowa, or Omaha. Devoid of beauty, hills and grocery shoppers who actually shop in Vancouver instead of Portland.

I know a guy who did the "better housing and better schools for the kids" thing in Fischer's Landing/East Spuncouver. Says if he goes to the grocery store, the only people in there are coming down out of the hills, wearing their cowboy hats and belt buckles, and speaking in Redneckese. He lives there, but won't interact with the locals.
Must be that sales tax thing.
And how can you not have respect for a town that tried to add 0.1% more sales tax, called the "Meth Tax?" I mean, anytime you're taxing something besides meth, and calling it a "Meth Tax," you're dealing with Heaven. Then again, at some point just about every adult is going to buy something," therefore I guess it's a way of taxing the meth-users.

Wait...nobody ever, ever goes into the grocery store in Spuncouver. Gas is going to have to cost 10 times more than it does to stop them from crossing the Creek to shop...and work...and entertain themselves...and everything else they do.
Sure, they've got more affordable housing, but trying to register a car worth over 20K involves restructuring a new loan just to cover those taxes.
I thought they were still under the influence of that ballot measure that capped registration fees at $30, same as Oregon...but I haven't really been keeping track, since I have no desire to register a car in WA. Because that's something else that every singe person in Vancouver does (besides meth) -- registers their car in Oregon.
I can't do the homer thing like Dins does, but it is really easy to do it when you want to compare Vancouver and Portland.
You mean the cali-peanut gallery doesn't have any idea what it's talking about? No way, dude.
In all honesty, I haven't been in Vancouver in probably 15 years.
I've been in the last 15 days. You're not missing much. More tweekers wandering the streets with shopping carts full of car parts, but other than that...same smell(sup Camas).

Rip City
Not to be confused with "Ripped a New Asshole City" across the river.
Jerkovich

Post by Jerkovich »

Dinsdale wrote:

Probably why you can buy a house in a decent (by Spuncouver standards) neighborhood in Vancouver for $150,000, and if you bring that same price range up on the other side of the river, the realty market laughs right in your face and asks "do you want fries with that methlab?"

Ya, I actually do. I spent several years with a company that had me driving to Federal Way from Cali several times a month. Lot of stop in between like Clackamas, Gresham, VANCOUVER, maple Valley, Astoria, Rosburg, llwaco....you get the picture. Anyway, yes I am intimately familiar with that area.

BTW, I was just pulling your leg. It's all the same to me; Just another job hocking fluid power products and engineering systems for Eaton.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh...if you drove through a few times...
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:

Probably why you can buy a house in a decent (by Spuncouver standards) neighborhood in Vancouver for $150,000, .

Is that the price with the "Owner-finished basement", or without it?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Jerkovich

Post by Jerkovich »

Dinsdale wrote:Oh...if you drove through a few times...
No, I actually stayed at all of those places, and in Portland either at the Embassy on Pine or Mariott down on Front. There are a shit load of bars and restaurants in the area. Lot of times I would end up at the Ash street bar then stumble over to Ruth Chris.

It's been a few years, but it was usually a good time.

Again, I was just yanken' your chain. Portland is a fine place. :meds:
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:
No.

And UCLA, which is in the Pacific 10, played in the hoops National Championship game... 8)
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote: And UCLA, which is in the Pacific 10, played in the hoops National Championship game...
Because they are the most successful college hoops program in history.

But they didn't win the FIRST Tournament. Therefore...no BODE. There can be only one holder of the Eternal BODE.

Look Up and Left. QQMF.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

about those Vancouverites that shop across the river....
The Costco near the airport has one of the highest volume sales of any Costcos in the US...most of the coverites come over and buy their cigs and diapers over here after crossing the Glen Jackson bridge...
Same with all of the stores at Hayden Island.....

The only good thing about the Couv is passing through it on the way to Seattle...

just my two cents worth
probably boring for the rest of the country but who freaking cares
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Our justice system is messed up
No shit; here's a guy who should be declared a dead public hero, given a funeral befitting royalty, with Crime Stoppers paying the freight and giving his folks 2 grand to boot.

It's just unfortunate the kid was sloppy, and didn't gift society by getting to the other 32 he had listed up.

Bless You for doing God's work, Stephen A. Marshall...RIP Friend.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1617207/posts

CORINTH, Maine - The Maine Department of Public Safety has no plans to change the state's Web-based sex offender registry despite the killings of two sex offenders whose addresses were apparently obtained online.

A Canadian man used the registry to obtain personal information about the victims, authorities said, renewing fears that such lists expose ex-convicts to vigilante violence.

"The events of the weekend will obviously be reviewed, but there are no plans to change the Web site at this point," Stephen McCausland, Maine Public Safety spokesman, said Monday.

The gunman, Stephen A. Marshall, a 20-year-old from Nova Scotia's Cape Breton, committed suicide Sunday night in Boston after being confronted aboard a bus by police.

Investigators were uncertain what relationship, if any, Marshall had with the victims, who lived 25 miles apart.

But the two men were among 34 names in five towns Marshall had looked up on the Web site, McCausland said. Investigators said Marshall typed in his name to receive extra information online, including street addresses.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Some Damn Retard
Elwood

Post by Some Damn Retard »

Dinsdale wrote:

Which neighborhood did you buy your house in, Dins?
A BILL to Regulate the Hunting and Harvesting of Attorneys PC 370.00:

370.02. Bag Limits per day: yellow-bellied sidewinders 2 two-faced tortfeasors 1
back-stabbing divorce litigators 3 horn-rimmed cut-throats 2 minutiae-advocating vultures 4 honest attorneys protected (endangered species)
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

I thought Dins just had a room at his buddy's house. The one with all the tavern games: Dart Board, pinball machines, Gent magazines, and that heater for the massage oils.

I haven't heard many Ukrainian stories lately though.

Rip City