For the last time. re: XL officiating.

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

For the last time. re: XL officiating.

Post by MSUFAN »

Let this be the final thread, where we can hash this non issue out.

I just watched the tape of the entire game.
And I've got to say. I can't believe the total non respect given the Steelers, even as they soundly handled an inept at best, Seahawk team.
Even 24 hours after digesting this sound victory over Seattle, these media whores give no respects.

Whether it was the big play holding on #62, where he tackled Foote in the 1st qtr.
The obvious push off (no disrespect to the retiring Madden, but; John, that was a shove, old dude) in the endzone.
The grab by #35 negating a good punt return in the 2nd qtr. (Caught on replay from above. He had a handfull of jersey)

Thoughout this game, numerous calls were shown on slo-mo, and virtually EVERY single one proved correct. Even the reviews!

The only call that may have been suspect was the Chop by Hasselbeck after he tossed an int. late. Not like it mattered though. Ward was wide open, wether it was from 40 yards or 55 yards away. I give m2 da-goof some credit on that one. He argued that same thing earlier, and the replay DID show Hasselbeck pretty much missing the blocker and hitting the returner. But, it did look like he sure intended to take that blocker out with a chop block, only the blocker made a nice move to get out of the road.

Whatever. The key is that I cannot believe the ESPN types and morning Mike&Mike jerkoff shows, ALL mentioned crappy officiating.

I scoff at that. And invite all you Seahags to watch the replay of the game on tape or TiVo. It was a very well officiated game.

Rant over.

Now, lets hear some more complaining.

The Steelers were the better team. And even with one of the crappiest performances ever by a winning QB.
Just think what happens next year, when the Steelers return to South Fla. for a repeat; and Ben is money. It'll be a blowout!

I'm calling my shot 12 months early!

STEELERS - 35

GIANTS - 20

Cash money! :mrgreen:
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Re: For the last time. re: XL officiating.

Post by BBMarley »

MSUFAN wrote: Ben is money.
9/21, 123 yards, 0 TD and 2 INT against the what- 25 ranked secondary in the NFL without their starting safety for most of the game... Yeah- he is money!

Pitt was outplayed alot of that game. If you truley re-watched the entire game (which I highly doubt) you would see that. Their D line didn't do shit- Hass had all day to throw most of the time & Seattle still put up 137 yards on the ground (Avg 5.5 YPC) aginst one of the top ranked rush D's in the league. Roth looked like what he is turning into- a big game choking QB (Look at what he did in the big one against NE last year). Their running game was effecitvely shut DOWN the entire game, save for Parker's TD run. If not for stupid mistakes by Seattle and shit calls (But this has been hashed out in enough threads so not getting into it here)- this is much closer game possibly won by the Hawks.
Last edited by BBMarley on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

m2 wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:
m2 wrote: Huh????

Idiot... he never touched the blocker you fuckin' moron!!!

He tackled the runner!

I'm surrounded by tar
Dude. You've been one of the stupidest twits in hre for years. I'll Tivo it back for ya, ass. He chopped a blocker in front of the interceptor before the guy falls. What fucking game you watching?! Illegal play. Dirty ballplayer!
Let's see it!!!

We'll all be waiting...

the truth

Still waiting Babs...

the truth
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

MSUFAN wrote:Let this be the final thread, where we can hash this non issue out.

And I've got to say. I can't believe the total non respect given the Steelers, even as they soundly handled an inept at best, Seahawk team.
Even 24 hours after digesting this sound victory over Seattle, these media whores give no respects.

Whether it was the big play holding on #62, where he tackled Foote in the 1st qtr.
The obvious push off (no disrespect to the retiring Madden, but; John, that was a shove, old dude) in the endzone.
The grab by #35 negating a good punt return in the 2nd qtr. (Caught on replay from above. He had a handfull of jersey)

Thoughout this game, numerous calls were shown on slo-mo, and virtually EVERY single one proved correct. Even the reviews!

The only call that may have been suspect was the Chop by Hasselbeck after he tossed an int. late. Not like it mattered though. Ward was wide open, wether it was from 40 yards or 55 yards away. I give m2 da-goof some credit on that one. He argued that same thing earlier, and the replay DID show Hasselbeck pretty much missing the blocker and hitting the returner. But, it did look like he sure intended to take that blocker out with a chop block, only the blocker made a nice move to get out of the road.

Whatever. The key is that I cannot believe the ESPN types and morning Mike&Mike jerkoff shows, ALL mentioned crappy officiating.

I scoff at that. And invite all you Seahags to watch the replay of the game on tape or TiVo. It was a very well officiated game.

Rant over.

The Steelers were the better team. And even with one of the crappiest performances ever by a winning QB.
Just think what happens next year, when the Steelers return to South Fla. for a repeat; and Ben is money. It'll be a blowout!

STEELERS - 35

GIANTS - 20

^
Not one of the 78.7% of 85,000+ people polled on ESPN who said the refs favored the Steelers.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BBMarley wrote:
9/21, 123 yards, 0 TD and 2 INT against the what- 25 ranked secondary in the NFL without their starting safety for most of the game... Yeah- he is money!

Pitt was outplayed alot of that game. If you truley re-watched the entire game (which I highly doubt) you would see that. Their D line didn't do shit- Hass had all day to throw most of the time & Seattle still put up 137 yards on the ground (Avg 5.5 YPC) aginst one of the top ranked rush D's in the league. Roth looked like what he is turning into- a big game choking QB (Look at what he did in the big one against NE last year). Their running game was effecitvely shut DOWN the entire game, save for Parker's TD run. If not for stupid mistakes by Seattle and shit calls (But this has been hashed out in enough threads so not getting into it here)- this is much closer game possibly won by the Hawks.
Well , it is only his second year in the league , and second year as the starting QB . He lost one fukkin' playoff game . How manyQB's that are on contending teams ( like Indy and Philly ) can say that ( outside of Tom Brady ) ? .
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

WhatsMyName wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:Let this be the final thread, where we can hash this non issue out.

Rant over.

STEELERS - 35

GIANTS - 20

^
Not one of the 78.7% of 85,000+ people polled on ESPN who said the refs favored the Steelers.
Damn... I thought the refs wanted Peyton Manning and the Colts to win the Super Bowl.
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

BBMarley wrote:
You forgot one other key stat, Marley my man......

Money.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

WhatsMyName wrote:Not one of the 78.7% of 85,000+ people polled on ESPN who said the refs favored the Steelers.
Outstanding! You have shown that 78 % of Americans know jack shit about football.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:
WhatsMyName wrote:Not one of the 78.7% of 85,000+ people polled on ESPN who said the refs favored the Steelers.
Outstanding! You have shown that 78 % of Americans know jack shit about football.
If the shoe were on the other foot, 90% of Americans would be calling for Tagliabue's resignation.

The Truth

...and you know it.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

BBMarley wrote:Roth looked like what he is turning into- a big game choking QB (Look at what he did in the big one against NE last year).
Yes, you're right... it's not like the last 4 games of the regular season AND the the entire playoffs were elimination games or anything.

Is this where we do one of those rollleye thingys?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You were admittedly on a three-day bender, and you likely had to call a cab to take your sloppy ass home from the bar where you 'watched' the game, Bri.

On day 3 you were so fugged up that you don't even know what the hell you witnessed, and posting a bunch of pics showing mr 22 qb rating with the ball over the goal line, the day after the game demonstrates nothing, execpt your desperation.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:If the shoe were on the other foot, 90% of Americans would be calling for Tagliabue's resignation.

The Truth

...and you know it.
And it they would still know nothing about football. Or at least the rules of football.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:
rozy wrote:If the shoe were on the other foot, 90% of Americans would be calling for Tagliabue's resignation.

The Truth

...and you know it.
And it they would still know nothing about football. Or at least the rules of football.
Would they at least be coherant?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:You were admittedly on a three-day bender, and you likely had to call a cab to take your sloppy ass home from the bar where you 'watched' the game, Bri.

On day 3 you were so fugged up that you don't even know what the hell you witnessed, and posting a bunch of pics showing mr 22 qb rating with the ball over the goal line, the day after the game demonstrates nothing, execpt your desperation.
I was sober enough to know that this guy is a whiney little bitch.

BTW: Ben Roethlisberger has one more Super Bowl ring than Rich Gannon. So go fuck yourself with a chainsaw.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:
BSmack wrote:

The Truth

...and you know it.
Would they at least be coherant?
It would they not be.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

That the Seahawks couldn't beat a sophmore QB who could only muster a 22 pass rating (or whatever it was) says more about Seattle than it does the Steelers or any attempt to 'fix' the game by NFL officials.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Only a moron would take people's distaste for the officiating as a slap at the Steelers.

Props to the Steelers, minus of course, their fan contingent that could care less about the integrity of the game.*

*'Sup BSmacked
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

And for the record, I believe completely that the ball crossed the plane on Ben's initial surge. The one time the Ref's did get it right.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

rozy wrote:Props to the Steelers, minus of course, their fan contingent that could care less about the integrity of the game.
RACK
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Okay- I was a little aggressive in caliing him a big game choker. I'm basing it off his 22 QB rating in this game and his so-so performance in the NE game last year. Kid has talent- and will get better- but he sucked huge donkey dick in that game yesterday. If not for Seattle shooting themselves in the foot, amongst other things- then all the Pitt fans are talking about what a big choke job Ben had. He still did choke- but his TEAM was bale to overcome and capture the victory. Rack them for that...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:Only a moron would take people's distaste for the officiating as a slap at the Steelers.

Props to the Steelers, minus of course, their fan contingent that could care less about the integrity of the game.*

*'Sup BSmacked
So knowing the rules of the game means you don't care about the integrity of the game?

:meds:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:
rozy wrote:Only a moron would take people's distaste for the officiating as a slap at the Steelers.

*'Sup BSmacked
So knowing the rules of the game means you don't care about the integrity of the game?

:meds:
Talk about a shitty troller...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:Talk about a shitty troller...
That wasn't a troll. So far the only arguments I have seen against the Jackson PI calll and the holding calls have been that they were "ticky tack" and should not have been called "at that time in the game". My response is tough fucking shit. It's not the Steelers fault that Jackson pushed off. It's not the Steelers fault that Seattle O linemen used bad technique at the worst possible time.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

BSmack wrote:
rozy wrote:Talk about a shitty troller...
That wasn't a troll. So far the only arguments I have seen against the Jackson PI calll and the holding calls have been that they were "ticky tack" and should not have been called "at that time in the game". My response is tough fucking shit. It's not the Steelers fault that Jackson pushed off. It's not the Steelers fault that Seattle O linemen used bad technique at the worst possible time.
Since you're such an expert on the rules......

Take a look at that Jackson tape & then tell me what the rules say about defenders having contact with the receiver after five yards.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Since you're such an expert on the rules......

Take a look at that Jackson tape & then tell me what the rules say about defenders having contact with the receiver after five yards.
If you're refering to the incidental contact on the part of both parties before Jackson pushed off, you would again be wrong.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:

If you're refering to the incidental contact on the part of both parties before Jackson pushed off, you would again be wrong.
In your "judgement".

Like I said, very shitty troller.

...and when did bad technique become holding? Damn, you suck out loud. :lol:
Last edited by rozy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:In your "judgement".
And that of a man who's a hell of a lot more familar with the rule book than you.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:
rozy wrote:In your "judgement".
And that of a man who's a hell of a lot more familar with the rule book than you.
...and the shit keeps flying.

Being familiar with and ability to practically impart said familiarity are obviously where you are severely lacking. Bad "judgement" on your part, shitty troller.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:

It was not incidental contact- ball was not in the air- neither were making a play for the ball. He put his arm out and touched him- Jackson did not run into him. I would agree it would be a shit ticky tacky call if the refs made THAT one- but how can you make one and not the other.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BSmack wrote:
So the "everybody says so it is tru" argument can be used selectively. Gotcha. ;)
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:
BSmack wrote:
So the "everybody says so it is tru" argument can be used selectively. Gotcha. ;)
The sound you heard was the wheels comming of the Seahawks bandwagon.

So you can have your gay assed "12th man" bullshit back.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

There are hardly any Hawks fan in here.... But when a shit football game is played- its an affront to the sport and the fans. When mypoic homer fucks like you open your cock garages and try to justify it- it just makes it worse.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:There are hardly any Hawks fan in here....
I wasn't talking about here. I was refering to the sudden outbreak of giving a shit about the Seahawks that has led to things like flying a #12 flag over the Space Needle.
But when a shit football game is played- its an affront to the sport and the fans.
You want to talk about shit football, start with the fucking Eagles and work your way up the food chain.
When mypoic homer fucks like you open your cock garages and try to justify it- it just makes it worse.
There is no justification necessary other than the scoreboard.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

BSmack wrote:
Yeah, everyone else is the idiot, can't possibly be you.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

WhatsMyName wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Yeah, everyone else is the idiot, can't possibly be you.
22% of Americans understand the game of football well enough to not be led like sheeple by media looking to sell copy during a slow February sports season.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Yeah the media completely got to me right before I was complaining about the hack officiating during the game.

Wake up, BSmack.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

WhatsMyName wrote:Yeah the media completely got to me right before I was complaining about the hack officiating during the game.
Did you have the volume turned off?

I didn't fucking think so. Stop letting Madden form your opinons for you.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

I couldn't hear the damn announcers, I was at a huge party with people talking throughout the game, reacting in real-time to the shitty officiating.

It makes you feel better to believe those 78.5% of Americans didn't have honest opinions, doesn't it?

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

WhatsMyName wrote:I couldn't hear the damn announcers, I was at a huge party with people talking throughout the game, reacting in real-time to the shitty officiating.

It makes you feel better to believe those 78.5% of Americans didn't have honest opinions, doesn't it?
No, I'm sure they have "honest opinions. They just don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Some of us understand the game and form informed opinions. Feel free to join us.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

BSmack wrote:
WhatsMyName wrote:I couldn't hear the damn announcers, I was at a huge party with people talking throughout the game, reacting in real-time to the shitty officiating.

No, I'm sure they have "honest opinions. They just don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Some of us understand the game and form informed opinions. Feel free to join us.
So essentially you're taking the position of "everyone else in the world is the idiot, and I have some special insight into the game of football." Is this correct?