Rothlisberger has a broken tibia...

Post by frodo_biguns »

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was Thiesmen like.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

he walked off. Looks like a sprain.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

PSUFAN wrote:he walked off. Looks like a sprain.
I broke my waterskiing and walked on it too shortly after. Trust me... He's gone.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The doctor knows when a tibia is broken. He doesn't let the QB walk off the field with a broken bone.

back to your hole, fraudo.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
frodo_biguns wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:he walked off. Looks like a sprain.
I broke my waterskiing and walked on it too shortly after. Trust me... He's gone.
Who made YOU a fucking doctor??
Bristol Meyers kind of did, years ago. :wink:
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

PSUFAN wrote:The doctor knows when a tibia is broken. He doesn't let the QB walk off the field with a broken bone.

back to your hole, fraudo.
Yep.. and they let Najeh walk off with a broken ankle, Deuce with a torn ACL. You can't tell a fracture on the tibia unless you do an x-ray. Still standing by it.
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

Do you know what part of the body the tibia is Frodo? :roll:

Ben got hit in the knee, not the leg. Thanks for playing doctor for us. :roll:
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I'm going hyper-extension, with a side of mcl.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:Do you know what part of the body the tibia is Frodo? :roll:

Like I said... I got Tivo and his foot it planted and I go slow mo.... and there it is. The middle of the lower leg flexing back. Tibia is going to crack before the fibula from a frontal hit like he took. Im just sayin'...
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:Do you know what part of the body the tibia is Frodo? :roll:

Don't you have a new sig coming? :D
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Fraudo, did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

Looked to me like one or all of the following

1. Hyperextension
2. Bruised kneecap
3. A sprain of one of the ligaments in the knee area

My money is on 1 and 2.

PS: The good news is Batch is very familiar with this system and the next 4 weeks of the schedule is not overly difficult. Hey, there's a reason why teams carry 3 QBs.
Last edited by BSmack on Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

BSmack wrote:Fraudo, did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

Looked to me like one or all of the following

1. Hyperextension
2. Bruised kneecap
3. A sprain of one of the ligaments in the knee area

My money is on 1 and 2.
No, just years of training by Bristol Meyers.
You remember Quincy the T.V. show. Yep... I pulled the old fainting too on my first observation of a surgery. :? I can laugh at it now. But at the time I thought I lost my job. Good thing I had high scores on my tests. :wink:

Tibial Plateau Fractures

Clinical Details: Patients may present with a knee effusion, pain, and joint stiffness.

Although severe fractures often are repaired surgically, both operatively and nonoperatively treated fractures are at risk for posttraumatic osteoarthritis as a result of ligamentous injuries with resultant instability (and possibly varus or valgus deformity). The risk of posttraumatic osteoarthritis is greatest in younger patients.

Surgical intervention depends on numerous factors including the overall condition of the patient and associated local or regional injuries. From an orthopedic standpoint, the degree of articular depression and degree of diastasis of the fractured parts are the most crucial elements to be considered when making a decision regarding surgical intervention. As a general rule, 4-5 mm of articular depression and 3-4 mm of diastasis are considered indicators for surgical management.

Preferred Examination: The preferred examination consists of radiographs in multiple obliquities of the knee. Typically, these include anteroposterior (AP), cross-table lateral, patellar (sunrise), and, possibly, oblique views. Cross-table lateral and AP may be the only views possible in the trauma suite. In this setting, the cross-table lateral radiograph may be the most important to detect occult fractures. The presence of these subtle fractures may be inferred by the presence of a lipohemarthrosis on the cross-table lateral radiograph, indicating disruption of an articular surface, most often the tibia. Images 3-6 demonstrate the radiographic, CT, and MRI appearance of lipohemarthrosis.

CT is used by most orthopedists to further characterize fractures of the tibial plateau and assess the depression of the tibia and the degree of diastasis (splitting) of the fractured parts to plan for surgical intervention. Generally, slice thickness should be minimized (1 mm is ideal) and high milliamperage-second (mAs) technique used.

MRI may be used as well for this determination but often is not readily available. MRI is excellent for depicting ligamentous and meniscal injuries.

Arteriography (and possibly MR angiography) may be used if popliteal artery injury is suspected.
http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic698.htm
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It's only a sprain.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

lets keep the SPECULATION about the Injury on the MNF Thread.

until there is an ACTUAL viable LINK about this injury; this THREAD will stay Locked.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...