Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Owens and McNabb to kiss and make up..

Post by jiminphilly »

From espn.
Owens plans to speak with McNabb

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens is ready to end his feud with Donovan McNabb.

Owens and McNabb haven't been on speaking terms throughout the preseason, but the All-Pro wide receiver said Tuesday in an interview on ESPN that he plans to talk to McNabb before Philadelphia's season opener at Atlanta on Monday night.

"It's not that I hate Donovan. I love Donovan. I don't hate him at all," Owens said, speaking publicly for the first time since he returned from a one-week exile from training camp three weeks ago. "I was just disappointed in a few things. I have the right to do that.

"Everybody speaks out of emotion. Everybody speaks out of frustration. Everybody's done it. That means I'm human. If you want me to go in and say I was wrong, maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't."

Owens started the friction in April when he took a shot at McNabb, saying he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

McNabb responded harshly, insisting he didn't get sick and wasn't tired in the fourth quarter of the Eagles' 24-21 loss to New England.

After he was banished from camp last month following a heated dispute with coach Andy Reid, Owens again went after McNabb, calling the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback a hypocrite. Owens has changed his act since returning to practice, and now he's finally reaching out to McNabb.

Despite their icy relationship, McNabb and Owens had no trouble on the field. In their lone appearance together in the preseason, the two connected five times for 131 yards, including a 64-yard touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage in a victory over Cincinnati on Aug. 26.

Both players celebrated that score separately with other teammates and ignored each other throughout the game, but Owens said the silence won't continue.

"You guys will see. It's not going to be a yearlong thing," he said. "Leading up to this Monday night game, things will get worked out."

Owens dominated the headlines this offseason with his demand for a new contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

The Eagles have refused to redo the deal.
I guess they'll be sharing the same cafeteria table now? Get a fucking room... :roll:
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Awww, so one more hot tub will be available after every game...now that they can share one.

....isn't life swell?
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
FaTaL
Jake

Post by FaTaL »

mcnabb better not accept his apology, he'll just throw him under the bus later in the season