Should the University of Miami change.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Should the University of Miami change.....

Post by Laxplayer »

their name? With all this politically corect bullshit going around with Indian names and the recent tragedy in the South should the Canes change their name? The mere mention of Indian names upsets some people to no end and conjurs up memories that they weren't a part of but when the name Hurricaines is mentioned I'm sure people will be brought back to horrible times, bad memories, memories of death, destruction etc......So if the NCAA is worried about other traditional names and how they affect people should they ask Miami to change their nickname?
Just a thought.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What a waste of freaking time. They took the trouble to ban Native American team names, and then when the schools made noise, they backed down. Why even waste their time with this stuff if they have no intention of taking it seriously, and making it stick?

Meanwhile, they could have been doing something to deal with people like Lemming, for example...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I just posted this as a joke. Granted the NCAA will probably have this on their agenda once someone speaks out that the mere mention of a hurricaine brings tears to their eyes.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I like how a Tribesman from the Seminole Nation planted the spear on national television.

Fuck You NCAA
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If we're going to change weather nicknames...that'll drag a ton of schools into the matter. Hurricanes are freak events. It's not like they're called the Hurricane Katrinas.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Shoalzie wrote:If we're going to change weather nicknames...that'll drag a ton of schools into the matter. Hurricanes are freak events. It's not like they're called the Hurricane Katrinas.
I think I just found the name for my fantasy football team. :lol:
"Keys, woman!"
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

rackatrina
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mr T wrote:I like how a Tribesman from the Seminole Nation planted the spear on national television.

Fuck You NCAA
i sorta liked that too. like many Oklahomans, i'm part Cherokee and part Choctaw. and while i think things like the Cleveland Indian logo or "Redskins" are a little much....changing the names of a few sports teams isn't gonna do jack as far as dealing with racism in America. and the NCAA is second only maybe to the Olympic Committee people in terms of pure corruption and comb-over dudes in lousy poly-suitcoats getting it on with pre-paid Shreveport hookers.
Aggie Gal
Certified Thinker™

Post by Aggie Gal »

Just leave babies out of this ...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

e wrote:
King Crimson wrote:i'm part Cherokee and part Choctaw.
yeah. and let me guess...your baby, she's a chippewa? if you're going to lie, come up with something more orginal than "i'm part cherokee." that's what everybody defaults to when they want act like they were here before the white man.
how do you mean "lie"?

no offense dick head, but i *am* part cherokee and part choctaw. like you'd know?

fuck you.