Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

** BURP **

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

[web]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2152169[/web]

*notices m2ool isn't around*
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^

rack

that is why Jon is pulling ahead of the board bitch race at the 3/4 pole...
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Wait....they actually thought they'd beat SC with a freshman QB? Hell Cal coldn't beat Sc with Dan Marino at QB.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

QB Mess - If only we had all of this...

I’ve got some ideas...fantasies, really, about what could clean up a god-awful QB mess like this.

First of all, if only we had a QB Coach. Not just any old QB coach, but a really good one. Like maybe a guy who is known for cranking out NFL caliber QBs. Not just one or two NFL QBs, but you know, bunches. 5 or 6 of them!! (I know that’s ridiculous). And not just a guy who can polish great talent, but the type of coach who could take a 3 year loser and turn him into an NFL starter in one season, or a take a JC unknown and mold him into first round pick. That would be awesome.

Second, if only we had a head coach. A really good one. Offense oriented. The type of guy that is coveted by major programs and regularly shoulder tapped by the NFL. The type of coach that knows how to put his players in a position to succeed while taking into account the player’s strengths and weaknesses. I’m talking about the type of guy that can recognize when he has a QB with a great arm but slow learning curve, then install an offense where that QB only has to focus on half the field at a time (is that possible?). I’m talking about the type of guy who...picture this…is not afraid to yank the starting QB, a future NFL player, in the middle of the 3rd quarter against the number 3 team in the nation because the coach thinks he can get more out of a journeyman backup with fresh legs and ice and in his veins…then goes on to call plays for that QB to win it!! Having a coach like that would be awesome.

Third, if only we had a 5 star AA JC QB coming in this year. You know, somebody who put up big numbers at the JC level and has more experience that your average freshman. THAT’s the type of guy that I want backing up our Elite 11 RS Frosh if he goes down with an injury. Of course he would probably be pretty erratic at first, but this JC QB would be coached by those awesome (but imaginary) coaches mentioned above. Sweet.

Fourth, if only we had a junior QB with a great work ethic and team first attitude to step in if necessary. A real tough type of kid with a fullback’s mentality. The type of guy who may not be a world-beater, but can step in and throw a 46 yard TD when you really need one.

Fifth, if only we had a freshman Elite 11 QB waiting in the wings (I know…I’m really living a pipe dream now). Just in case things got really bad. Naturally this is another QB that has been evaluated by and is being coached by those awesome (but imaginary) coaches mentioned above.

Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth, if only we had one of the best offensive lines in college football, two new electrifying wide receivers, and a running back that could be a heisman contender. WHOA! That would take some pressure off of the QB.

Ninth, If only we had a magic ray gun that turned the opposing players into little kids, or puppies or something.

If we had all of this stuff, then I think we could get past this god-awful mess at the QB position. I think I would be able to relax a little bit if only we had all of this.

Alas, we do not have a magic ray gun, so I guess we’re in trouble. Oh well. A fan can dream.

GO BEARS!!

m2
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Let's take a look at some of those QB's Tedford has produced:
Akili Smith. I don't need to explain
Joey Harrington. He has this year and now that Garcia broke his leg there's no one behind him. With those receivers he should throw for 3K. He's shown nothing so far in his career.
Kyle Boller: A bust so far

Who else?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Kal had a guy playing QB this weekend who is a fullback :lol: :lol: :lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Oh I forgot Aaron Rogers. Granted he hasn't been in the league long enough to be considered a bust but since he's a Tedford guy give him time.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Aaron? You mean the guy who had first and goal last year to win the game and choked???

Let's recap:

1st down - incomplete
2nd down - sacked from behind on the run by a defensive end
3rd down - incomplete
4th down - incomplete

:lol: :lol: :lol:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Laxplayer wrote:Let's take a look at some of those QB's Tedford has produced:
Akili Smith. I don't need to explain
Joey Harrington. He has this year and now that Garcia broke his leg there's no one behind him. With those receivers he should throw for 3K. He's shown nothing so far in his career.
Kyle Boller: A bust so far

Who else?
I know you're not a smart guy...

So I'll let it slide.

In the NFL

Those players went to some of the worst teams in NFL!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Trent Dilfer won a "Super Bowl"!!!!!!

Would you still like to play????

m2 is the truth
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

So did Doug Williams, so did Mark Rypien.

I didn't know Baltimore was one of the worst teams in the NFL. Didn't Dilfer win a SB with them? If they're one of the worst teams how did they win a SB?

Troy Aikman went to a bad team. Peyton Manning with to an average team. The Chargers sucked two years ago and look what Brees did. Shall I keep playing?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Laxplayer wrote:
So did Doug Williams, so did Mark Rypien.

I didn't know Baltimore was one of the worst teams in the NFL. Didn't Dilfer win a SB with them?
I'll remember this post for the retard you are.... :lol:

the truth
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

I'll remember this post for the retard you are..
Gee thanks. I present facts and you run away.

the truth.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Laxplayer wrote:
I'll remember this post for the retard you are..
Gee thanks. I present facts and you run away.

the truth.
Baltimore hasn't been a good team for years...

Duh's that help ya????

:lol:

the truth
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
m2 wrote:
Laxplayer wrote: Gee thanks. I present facts and you run away.

the truth.
Baltimore hasn't been a good team for years...

Duh's that help ya????

the truth
Yeah, like that year they won the Super Bowl five years ago. They sucked ass that year.

Or the next year, when they won their first-round playoff game.
Only a`college football fan would feel this way

hey... reality

m2
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Two of them had Kyle Boller as the starting QB..
oops, another fact. Don't let these get in your way m2.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

m2 wrote:if only we had a 5 star AA JC QB coming in this year. You know, somebody who put up big numbers at the JC level and has more experience that your average freshman. THAT’s the type of guy that I want backing up our Elite 11 RS Frosh if he goes down with an injury. Of course he would probably be pretty erratic at first, but this JC QB would be coached by those awesome (but imaginary) coaches mentioned above. Sweet.
0-10 is a little more than "pretty erratic". I saw the replay. The kid wasn't hitting anywhere near the recievers. And this was against a division 1-AA team, so you can't use the excuse that he wasn't expecting to get some minutes. He struggled all fall camp with accuracy, from all reports, and didn't come close to winning the starting job.

Maybe he's not a proven flop yet, but he's in good position to prove it soon.
m2 wrote: Fourth, if only we had a junior QB with a great work ethic and team first attitude to step in if necessary. A real tough type of kid with a fullback’s mentality. The type of guy who may not be a world-beater, but can step in and throw a 46 yard TD when you really need one
YEah, he sure had a epic performance. His 2-7 outing does look impressive when placed next to Aboob's ineptitude. 2-7, with 1 TD and an interception on his first throw (again, do we need to mention that Cal was playing a division 1-aa team? And a bad one, at that, that went 3-8 last year?)

m2 wrote: Fifth, if only we had a freshman Elite 11 QB waiting in the wings (I know…I’m really living a pipe dream now). Just in case things got really bad. Naturally this is another QB that has been evaluated by and is being coached by those awesome (but imaginary) coaches mentioned above.
Oh yes...a true freshman who has absolutely ZERO grasp of the offense, because he was all but garaunteed to redshirt this season up until Longshore broke, Aboob fell apart and 3rd-Stringy realized he sucked....He'll be the answer for sure.

Actually, it's too bad for us that Tedford is smart enough to realize that throwing this frosh into the fire in a bad situation like this is the worst thing for his future and the future of the CAl QB position. He will redshirt, no matter how bad things get. Cal fans are used to 1-2 win seasons anyway. Jeff, "The God", can afford to have one..

As for your other points. The O-line dissapointed, going up against a small, slow d2 D-line. Lynch looked a step slow, from putting on an extra 20 pounds and, overall, Cal needed special teams plays, fumbles and short fields to put away this horrible D1AA team, at home. 3 out of 4 of Cal's TD drives in the second half started inside their 25 yard line...The other one started on their 46.

Cal opened as 11.5 point favorites over Washington (team that went 1-10 last year and lost, at home, to Airforce on Saturday)...the line is already down to 8.5...

I put the over/under for weeks into the season before you dissapear at 4
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Jay,

You may not want to be so quick to bash Cal when your team gave up 21 first quarter points to a high school team.

Cougar High, is not even a real college team.

Relax Duck, it's a long season.

m2
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

You are clearly wrong. It doesn't change my desire to bash Cal whatsoever.

High School team? hmm...only one of our teams didn't play a Division 1A program, and it wasn't Oregon.

Actually, Houston is expected to be much improved this year and most of the mags picked them to finish second to UTEP in their division.

Regardless, this thread has nothing to do with Oregon...We could let your recievers get 30 yards of seperation from our DBs and Aboob couldn't hit them....The kid can't hit the broad side of a farm, let alone a barn.

It certainly is a long season..its just too bad you wont be here for all of it.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Actually, I have one of Cal's 3 losses this year, coming at the hands of the Ducks, up in Eugene.

The team will be better by that point, but I'm not sure that they will be good enough to beat the Ducks.

m2
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

m2 wrote:Actually, I have one of Cal's 3 losses this year, coming at the hands of the Ducks, up in Eugene.

The team will be better by that point, but I'm not sure that they will be good enough to beat the Ducks.

m2
m2 wrote:Last 7 meetings....

Cal 4 wins

$C 3 wins

This includes the last 2 years that $C won the NC....

Now you know why the toejams hate CAL so much!!! :lol:

So recent history, says the "Golden Bears" own the toejams!

This year will make it 5-3.

m2
Yet they will roll SC? :roll:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Funny quotes from Ayoob/Longshore...

Quote:If Cal quarterback Joe Ayoob was looking for a shoulder to cry on, he wasn't going to get it from his dad.

Ayoob tossed his Cal warmup jacket at a chair in his family's home at San Rafael on Sunday. The jacket missed the chair, prompting his father, Joe, to respond, "0-for-11."

Quote:Longshore said doctors informed him that it would take at least two months to recover.

"I'm fine," the redshirt freshman said after watching Cal practice. "And I got to realize two of my life's goals, to play in a college football game and to have surgery."

Web Page Name

m2
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

IndyFrisco wrote:
m2 wrote:Actually, I have one of Cal's 3 losses this year, coming at the hands of the Ducks, up in Eugene.

m2
m2 wrote:Last 7 meetings....

Cal 4 wins

$C 3 wins

This includes the last 2 years that $C won the NC....

Now you know why the toejams hate CAL so much!!! :lol:

So recent history, says the "Golden Bears" own the toejams!

This year will make it 5-3.

m2
Yet they will roll SC? :roll:
Didn't you say a&m would crush Clemson?

m2
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nope. I did say we would have won though. However, I didn't take into account our toughest competition would be our own coach's decision.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

IndyFrisco wrote:Nope. I did say we would have won though. However, I didn't take into account our toughest competition would be our own coach's decision.
I know you didn't, yet you still don't see the point I was making...

You add roll where it was never mentioned. I see rolling someone as winning by 30 points or more.

Stick to what is actually said, and I won't try to confuse you anymore.

m2
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I could have said "eek out a win" vs. "roll" and it would not be any more or less meaningful.

Fact is, saying this Cal team will beat SC is like saying my high school team will beat the Pats, either by "rolling them" or by "eeking one out".

Now, go back to making fun of Leinart for his ballroom dancing classes while studying the wind patterns for most effective chiming conditions. :lol:
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

IndyFrisco wrote:Now, go back to making fun of Leinart for his ballroom dancing classes while studying the wind patterns for most effective chiming conditions. :lol:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

IndyFrisco wrote:I could have said "eek out a win" vs. "roll" and it would not be any more or less meaningful.

Fact is, saying this Cal team will beat SC is like saying my high school team will beat the Pats, either by "rolling them" or by "eeking one out".
You really don't know shit about the Pac 10, but I don't blame you since you're an "Aggie". :lol:

The last couple of years, Cal has been U$C's toughest game.

With Cal beating U$C in one game and losing on the other on the last play of the game(while having over twice as many total yards as U$C) in the loss.

I don't expect it to be any different this year when they play in Berkeley.

m2
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

m2 wrote:I don't expect it to be any different this year when they play in Berkeley.

m2
How's that fullback...errrrr.....makeshift QB working out for you?

Idiot.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

m2 wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:I could have said "eek out a win" vs. "roll" and it would not be any more or less meaningful.

You really don't know shit about the Pac 10, but I don't blame you since you're an "Aggie". :lol:

The last couple of years, Cal has been U$C's toughest game.

With Cal beating U$C in one game and losing on the other on the last play of the game(while having over twice as many total yards as U$C) in the loss.

I don't expect it to be any different this year when they play in Berkeley.

m2
I thought you said it was triple the yards?

Make up your mind already.
FIGHT ON!