Congratulations, Seminoles

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Thank You Thank YOU!

I'm surprised as hell. All of the FSU inside sources were very positive about Myron, but everyone in the country was saying OU, MU, and Penn State. Glad everybody else was wrong!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Congratulations, Seminoles

Post by Moby Dick »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Myron Rolle, the nation's #1 recruit, verbally committed to FSU today.

Kid's a fucking beast. Good enough that he got an offer from Stoops after his freshman year-and Stoops NEVER offers that early.
:lol:

especially since it's against NCAA rules to offer a scholarship before their Sept X (can't remember the date, 8th?) of their JR. year!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Many PSU fans wanted Rolle. There was a rumor that his parents were moving to Florida, and that he was leaning toward the Gators.

Best of luck to the young man, he seems very classy and talented.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Re: Congratulations, Seminoles

Post by Shawn Marion »

Moby Dick wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:Myron Rolle, the nation's #1 recruit, verbally committed to FSU today.

Kid's a fucking beast. Good enough that he got an offer from Stoops after his freshman year-and Stoops NEVER offers that early.
:lol:

especially since it's against NCAA rules to offer a scholarship before their Sept X (can't remember the date, 8th?) of their JR. year!
Per douchebag ESPN, they aren't allowed to give a written offer until Sept 1 of Junior year.
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

I think we should immediately start grooming him for offensive coordinator.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Yeah, he is a beast. He will be taking over for Kyler Hall. in the fall.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cicero wrote:Yeah, he is a beast. He will be taking over for Kyler Hall. in the fall.
nice rhyme.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I am too, FWIW. Our guys were pretty positive that he was going to OU.
Correct me if I am wrong(I am sure you will), but isn't his cousin former standout and FSU alum, Samari Rolle? I also heard that his brother will be attending grad school at FSU as well.

This guy was signed and delivered a long time ago.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Trex I wondered to if he was related to the former Rolle but frankly I don't know. Chief what do you know?
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Myron is not related to Samri. He was not signed, sealed and delivered. Trex has not idea what he is talking about or either he was given the wrong information.

I know the Gates were blabbing all week about how Myron Rolle was going to Gainsville...I bet they thought he was an FSU silent :roll: . We'll probably steal Carl Johnson away from the Crocs before this recruiting season is over. They'll love that!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Part of the decision making process was influenced by his brother McKinley, who will be graduating from St. John’s this year. McKinley plans to attend graduate school at Florida State where he will pursue a master’s degree in sports management.

Not sure about the relation thing as I couldn't find anything on it. I did hear that from someone yesterday at the bar. His father is big on family and having your older brother at the same school is huge. Please don't tell me that wasn't the deciding factor.

And, the Gators weren't blabbering about anything. Meyer will have his share of recruits....winning some and losing some. More times than not he will get his guys. I suggets you focus on Miami and trying to break that six-game losing streak.

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

I hope we win, but I'll let the players "focus" on it TRex.

Rolle was the nothing even close to a lock, not a single team new where he was headed and if you must know...both of his older brothers liked UF. And if you didn't know about Rolle than you shouldn't post, unless of course it was a question. Rolle is not a usual recruit, 4.0 student with a 1360 or something on his SAT....he was looking at school, program and playing time. That is what he used to make his decision. I'm not crying about his bro going to FSU for Grad work, but that was definitely NOT the deciding factor.
Don't try to tussle with me about it. I just set the record straight. And yes, the Crocs were babbling for two freaking weeks about how Rolle was a Gate Lock. Sorry if you didn't know that, if you want proof go over to gatorbait.net and ask them yourself.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

TheChief wrote: Don't try to tussle with me about it. I just set the record straight. And yes, the Crocs were babbling for two freaking weeks about how Rolle was a Gate Lock. Sorry if you didn't know that, if you want proof go over to gatorbait.net and ask them yourself.
Hope, eh? That is the overrated emotion of those who aren't in control. Never been to gatorbait.net. Most the Gators I know thought Miami actually since his dad went there. I also read his wants to be a neurosurgeon. If that is true I would think he would go to better academic school....not one ranked 109th. That is why I say his brother had a lot to do with it.

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

You wonder why people make fun of you and love to pile on you around here? Don't change the subject....twice....in one paragraph. I'm just answering your post. Whether it is the fact that you don't like me or you are upset because Rolle is a Nole I don't know. It's not my fault and it's not my job to explain it.

And yes I HOPE the Noles beat the Canes.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

TheChief wrote:You wonder why people make fun of you and love to pile on you around here? Don't change the subject....twice....in one paragraph. I'm just answering your post. Whether it is the fact that you don't like me or you are upset because Rolle is a Nole I don't know. It's not my fault and it's not my job to explain it.

And yes I HOPE the Noles beat the Canes.
Change the subject? WTF???!!! Rolle said academics played a big part in his decision, right? If so, why go to a school ranked 109th. Just posing a VALID question. Sorry you don't like where your school is ranked. It's not my fault and it's not my job to explain it. Also, I don't care whether you like me or not. Have fun at the FSU wake tomorrow.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote:If so, why go to a school ranked 109th.
Link?
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Mr T wrote:
T REX wrote:If so, why go to a school ranked 109th.
Link?
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/colleg ... _brief.php

Scroll down to....well......you know.......

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Analyzing the word hope and trying to discuss the rank of FSU premed program is what I consider changing the subject.

You didn't kow about Myron so I told you that is all. You've been attempting to have a solid point ever since.

Go Noles!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

TheChief wrote:Analyzing the word hope and trying to discuss the rank of FSU premed program is what I consider changing the subject.

You didn't kow about Myron so I told you that is all. You've been attempting to have a solid point ever since.

Go Noles!
Hope is overrated. So what? And since we are talking about Rolle and academics played a big role, why go to an average academic achool? 109th is not the pre-med program. That is your overall rank. No point, not off-topic, just a question. You just don't like it. I wouldn't either. FSU actually used to be much higher. Must be that chiropractic school bringing you down. :wink:

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

We need a playoff, so that the colleges will decide the champion not some poll.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

T REX wrote: Hope is overrated. So what? And since we are talking about Rolle and academics played a big role, why go to an average academic achool? 109th is not the pre-med program. That is your overall rank. No point, not off-topic, just a question. You just don't like it. I wouldn't either. FSU actually used to be much higher. Must be that chiropractic school bringing you down. :wink:
I'm not disappointed in FSU at all, if I was, I wouldn't have chosen them for my graduate study.

The point is that he was not a FSU lock, nor a silent as some might think. BtH is correct in saying that he doesn't need a premier academic school to go to med school, on the other hand, he does need premier CFB program to prepare him for the NFL...I'm guessing that's why he chose us over UF. :wink: Sorry.

If anyone should be disappointed, it is you, since your team will be facing Myron over the next three years.