NFL Power Rankings

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

NFL Power Rankings

Post by Guest »

Doesn't mean shit but was a decent read.

POWER RANKINGS
Current Team Previous

1 New England Patriots 1
The champs have actually improved in the offseason, adding key veterans like David Terrell and Duane Starks. Taking them down won't be easy.

2 Indianapolis Colts 2
We know the offense will be good, and adding Marlin Jackson in the first round will help upgrade the defense.

3 Philadelphia Eagles 3
A deep, talented team again looks like it will be the class of the NFC. Are there any challengers?

4 Baltimore Ravens 5
This is a team we're really high on this year. If Kyle Boller can develop, watch out. The feeling here is he will. :roll:

5 Pittsburgh Steelers 4
They will push for the AFC title again, and the key to getting to the Super Bowl will be the improvement of Ben Roethlisberger.

6 Atlanta Falcons 6
Will Michael Vick improve his passing? If he does, they can unseat the Eagles.

7 Jacksonville Jaguars 10
They were a trendy team to watch last year, but this year they are a legit playoff team. They do need to keep Fred Taylor healthy.

8 San Diego Chargers 7
Was 2004 a fluke? Not likely. But they will be hard-pressed to have the same record in an improved division. :roll:

9 Denver Broncos 11
It's time for Jake Plummer to take this team to a playoff victory. If not, the heat gets hotter on The Teflon Coach.

10 Minnesota Vikings 16
They will miss Randy Moss, despite what they may say, but the improvement on defense may make up for that.

11 Carolina Panthers 15
They've made some nice moves in the offseason, but there is still some uncertainty as to who will be the feature back. That's not good for the style of ball their coach prefers.

12 New Orleans Saints 13
This is the year. It's time for this talented group to play as it did in the final four weeks last season.

13 Oakland Raiders 25 :roll:
Can't wait to watch all the 38-35 games this team plays. Kerry Collins to Randy Moss will be explosive.

14 New York Jets 8
If Chad Pennington's shoulder is fine, they'll be competitive. If not, they'll be drafting in the top 10.

15 Buffalo Bills 14
The defense will be good again, but the team's fate rests with J.P. Losman. Is he this year's Roethlisberger?

16 Kansas City Chiefs 17
Once again the main question is the same: Have they done enough to help the defense?

17 Seattle Seahawks 9
I don't know why, but I have a feeling they will slide some this season. They'll be competitive, but slide just a bit.

18 Green Bay Packers 12
There are a lot of holes on defense, which might force Brett Favre to play like the old Favre. Is that possible?

19 St. Louis Rams 21
Will push the Seahawks and the Cardinals for the NFC West title. If they don't, there will be big changes next year.

20 Arizona Cardinals 27 :roll:
This team starts here for now, but look for them to be higher as we move closer to the season. Watch out for this group.

21 Dallas Cowboys 26
Can Drew Bledsoe take the offense a notch up from a year ago? The defense will be better with the addition of more talent.

22 New York Giants 29
They will be better than a year ago, but they're still a year away from pushing the Eagles. Look out in 2006.

23 Cincinnati Bengals 19 :roll:
They are this year's trendy pick. The offense will be fun to watch, but the defense has to make strides for this to be a playoff team.

24 Houston Texans 18
This is a huge year for this franchise in terms of making a playoff push. Have they done enough to do so?

25 Tennessee Titans 20
Coach Jeff Fisher will have this team playing hard and Steve McNair makes them a threat. But they've lost so much the past couple of years.

26 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23
Carnell Williams will enliven the running game, but the line is still suspect, and is Brian Griese the long-term answer at quarterback?

27 Detroit Lions 24
It's all on Joey Harrington. If he grows as a player, the Lions will be much improved. If Jeff Garcia is playing, they'll be out of it by November.

28 Washington Redskins 22
The staff doesn't believe in Patrick Ramsey, yet he will be the starter at quarterback. The offensive system is also outdated. The defense might have to carry this team again. :P

29 Chicago Bears 28
They better hope like heck that Rex Grossman is 100 percent healthy. If not, it's going to be a long year.

30 Miami Dolphins 30
Nick Saban will be a heck of a coach. It just won't show for two or three years.

31 Cleveland Browns 31
The last regime left behind a mess that will take time to clean up. But Phil Savage will make that happen.

32 San Francisco 49ers 32
Taking Alex Smith with the first pick was a step in the right direction. Mike Nolan will turn this team around. It will just take time.
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

agreed about boller and the ravens. that guy sux ass.

and if the skins finish the season anywhere near 28th in the power rankings with a revamped O line, portis, better WR's, a beast of a D and dont forget...a guy named joe gibbs at the helm, i'll sport a broncos jersey everyday for a week.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Who wrote that bullshit predicition? Id accuse one of the board tards ...... but that would be an insult to the board tards.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Can you imagine just how low the packers would be without Favre?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Choads,

Which QB will have better numbers this year, Culpepper or Collins.....?
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

poptart wrote:Choads,

i'm seriously going after collins in my ff league.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Collins will have a lot of yards and td's. He'd be a really good pick in a league where interceptions don't count against you.

Culpepper's numbers will drop a little bit but not as drastically as you may think. He played without Moss in several games last year and faired pretty well.

It's pretty much a toss up on the two for me. I will go with Culpepper to have the higher passer rating at the end of the season.
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

mvscal wrote:
G.O. wrote:
poptart wrote:Choads,

i'm seriously going after collins in my ff league.
Over Culpepper? You're high.
nah- its a keeper league and collins is available. i already have favre and plummer, rated 6th and 7th in the QB caategory.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I'm not so high on Culpepper this year. With the likes of Nate Burleson, Marcus "IR" Robinson, Rookie Troy Williamson and Kelly Campbell, Daunte might struggle to be consistent let alone a league leader. I have a feeling TE Jermaine Wiggins will end up with as many catches as any of those guys.

Power rankings this early in the year usually reflect quite a bit from the previous year, so I usually don't pay them much attention. But a few caught my eye.

6 Atlanta Falcons 6
Will Michael Vick improve his passing? If he does, they can unseat the Eagles.

I'll believe it when I see it. Carolina takes the division this year.

7 Jacksonville Jaguars 10
They were a trendy team to watch last year, but this year they are a legit playoff team. They do need to keep Fred Taylor healthy.

7th in the rankings? I call bullshit, and oh yeah Taylor is a bigger question mark than ever.

13 Oakland Raiders 25
Can't wait to watch all the 38-35 games this team plays. Kerry Collins to Randy Moss will be explosive.

Ranked ahead of the Chiefs? Way too high for a team with big question marks on defense and leadership from the HC. If things start to go bad the bottom could drop out. If that's the case don't expect Moss to shoulder the load.

15 Buffalo Bills 14
The defense will be good again, but the team's fate rests with J.P. Losman. Is he this year's Roethlisberger?

Like Roethlisberger's success as a rookie QB happens every year? Not likely.....
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Moss drew double coverage consistently. None would be the answer as to who now will draw a doubleteam. I didn't imply Culpepper would stink, just that his numbers would be similar to last year when Moss was on the rack.
Last edited by Joe in PB on Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

G.O. wrote:agreed about boller and the ravens. that guy sux ass.
Thanks for the sig G.O. :lol:
get out, get out while there's still time
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

I have to agree with Joe. Culpepper's numbers won't be nearly as good as they were last year. Look for a lot more teams to blitz and play their other receivers straight up.

On another note, now that McNabb is off the juice, has anyone seen Daunte? I'm just curious to see how many pounds he's shed in the offseason and what he's attributed it to.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The first 5 weeks last season Daunte averaged 353 yds a game and had 18 TD's with a healthy Moss.

The next six weeks he averaged 235 yds a game and had only 10 Td's.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:The first 5 weeks last season Daunte averaged 353 yds a game and had 18 TD's with a healthy Moss.

The next six weeks he averaged 235 yds a game and had only 10 Td's.
And the five weeks after that?

Spare us the cherry picked bullshit.
The 5 weeks after that Moss played you dipshit.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Of course the 5 weeks after that Moss was back at near 100%.

Maybe if you actually did a little research mvscal it would make more sense. But probably not.....for "Mr he thinks he knows it all".
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:Of course the 5 weeks after that Moss was back at near 100%.

Maybe if you actually did a little research mvscal it would make more sense. But probably not.....for "Mr he thinks he knows it all".
He was never 100% or even close to it, so don't even fucking try it.
Amazing how the "not close to 100% Moss racked up 5 TDs 23 receptions and over 300 yards recieving.

Even more coincidental is how Culpepper's numbers shot up when Moss returned to the field. :roll:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Movin on UP
King O' Page 2

mvscal wrote:
Culpepper won't miss a beat unless his O line falls apart.
I hope you're right!

Sincerely
Dynasty League FF Owner

(Daunte is my QB :lol: )
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:Wide receiver is easily the most overrated and easily replaced position in the league.
:lol:

Perhaps if you're talking about replacing one middle-of-the-pack receiver with another.

When you're talking about the ELITE receivers in the game, your above take is laughable.

Guys like Moss are not easily replaced at all.

Culpepper won't put up close to last year's numbers, and Collins will improve considerably, IMO.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: NFL Power Rankings

Post by Shoalzie »

icantstopfarting wrote:27 Detroit Lions 24
It's all on Joey Harrington. If he grows as a player, the Lions will be much improved. If Jeff Garcia is playing, they'll be out of it by November.

You've got to be shittin' me...
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

mvscal.

Look beyond just the numbers and use your common sense. All teams that faced Moss changed their defense to account for him on the field. Some successful, some not so successful. Culpepper was able to take advantage of the single coverage on other scrubs, and to his credit, he found the open man. However he will see new defensive schemes this year, and IMO he is in for a rude awakening. I guess we can argue this till the season begins, but to project Culpeppers numbers this year on what he did with Moss last year is ridiculous.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

poptart wrote:
mvscal wrote:Wide receiver is easily the most overrated and easily replaced position in the league.

Perhaps if you're talking about replacing one middle-of-the-pack receiver with another.

When you're talking about the ELITE receivers in the game, your above take is laughable.

Guys like Moss are not easily replaced at all.

Culpepper won't put up close to last year's numbers, and Collins will improve considerably, IMO.
To get a good understanding of Moss's influence all you have to consider is Jeff George and Randell Cunningham were Pro Bowlers with Moss and pretty much out of the league without him.

Kerry Collins a Pro Bowler this year? He very well might be, he throws the deep ball as good as anyone and now has the premier deep ball receiver.

I still think Culpepper is a good player and Minnesota will win the division. But I also believe the Vikings have one of the weakest sets of WR's in the league. Not to mention a gimp for RB.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The thing about throwing the deep ball is the QB actually gets rid of the ball quicker. Basically just dropping back and heaving. Jeff George went from Pro Bowler in Minnesota to a flop with the RaiDuhs. Nearly the same team/oline Rich Gannon took to the playoffs a year later. Sure the offensive line has to play well and I believe games are won in the trenches, but the Moss factor is undeniable IMO.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Receivers are a dime a dozen.
Agree to a certain extent, but Moss is anything but your "dime a dozen" receiver. But your point about the offensive line is absolutely true. If Collins is fleeing for his life, it doesn't really matter who the receiver is.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Wide receivers and strong armed QBs are worthless without a running game. As far as I can tell, the Raiders are deficient in this area. Goodbye playoffs, hello 7-9. Moss will make highlights, Collins will toss his usual 15-19 TDs, and the Raiders will continue to suck.
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KUTTER wrote: and the Raiders will continue to suck.
Not half as much as your fucking takes, Turdkutter.

Lamont will have a 1100 yard season, and the silver and black will be representing strong in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Shawshank Ravens will continue to witness that loudmouthed overrated murderer get run over by RB's, that poseur faggot QB will continue to throw more wayward balls than a kutter gay parade housebash, and, like your heterosexuality at birth, will miss the designated target known as the playoffs this year.

Fucking tard.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Collins has a legit shot at making the Pro Bowl and I would take him in my Fantasy League as a 2nd QB or maybe even a first of I land 2 stud backs.

Tampa Bay sucks ass. Jon Gruden has royally ruined this team. When they dont make the playoffs this year, this guy will be on the first plane to Green Bay and Jim Fassel will be taking his place here in Tampa.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Raydah James wrote:
Lamont will have a 1100 yard season, and the silver and black will be representing strong in the playoffs.
Sure he will.........and Collins will have an MVP year, Moss will catch 30 td passes, etc.....etc.......
Fucking tard.
You were saying......
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Raydah James wrote:the Shawshank Ravens

mvscal wrote:Actually the deal Tampa made to get Gruden ruined the team.
Yep.

You can't just keep "patchin'" things up. You've got to draft young talent. They fucked their draft for a couple/few years in the Gruden deal.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote: WRONG- the Primer and Soot will be fighting with the Mules for the AFC West CELLAR, all the while looking UP at the 2005 AFC West champion Chiefs and the Bolts.
Is it time already for another 13-3 season and divisional-round home playoff choke?
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

I see, so Collins will suddenly turn into a premier QB in his 10th pro season. And Jordan will turn into an everydown horse after holding Grandpa Curtis' jock in NY. And Moss will NOT suffer nagging injuries and take every other play off. Gotcha.

As for all your other bullshit, keep flinging your diaper around the sandbox, big man. Your typed words truly sting, weak stick.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KUNTTURD,

L. Jordan was one of THE most sought after free agents this off-season. NFL folks in-the-know recognize that all this dude has needed is a CHANCE.

Moss was injured (and missed time) for the FIRST time in his career last season. Odds are that he'll be on the field for the entire season once again in .05. He's been durable.

K. Collins is what he is. He's a deep ball QB who tosses too many picks for my taste. He needs protection, he needs a running game, and he needs receivers to get open. When he had those three things in NY he did a damn good job. The same can happen in Oakland.

If anyone is a "weak stick" in here it's YOU.

You posted better when you didn't post.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Hmmm Kuntturd?

Maybe you should save it pops for somebody who'll really earn it.

Like Norv Turdnerd......
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

l to r: RJ, pop, WarRing

l to r: Fat pig with a SB ring, old loser
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KUTTER wrote:

l to r: Fat pig I fucked in New Orleans who jacked my wallet, how I felt afterward

Fixed you piglet stuffing fucknozzle.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Posting verrah fresh pics will always dig one out of a hole.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Worked .... ?

Yes, he was.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

C'mon pop, its OK to laugh. Christ, WarRing punched out a wrought iron gate after that game. Hope springs eternal for all of us in June-July. I just don't buy the Raiders being better than mediocre this year. For all his talent, Collins isn't the man. Jordan is not a feature back. The o-line can't run block. Moss doesn't sell his routes on running plays, which kills any advantage the line might have had vis a vis outnumbering the "box". Sorry, I just don't buy them being that much better this year.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KUTTER wrote:Hope springs eternal for all of us in June-July.
Some of us--not all of us....