Little League baseball--- yay or nay ??

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Little League baseball--- yay or nay ??

Post by Wolfman »

I watch to see the kids playing for the fun of it. I umpired a Little League game once as a favor to a friend. Told him to never ask me again. The coaches are mostly assholes. At least on TV they know they need to change their act. A couple complaints---they can shit can the replay of close calls and please let the girls play softball.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: Little League baseball--- yay or nay ??

Post by Sudden Sam »

Love it. Been watching a good bit. Saw Japan get out of a bases loaded, no outs jam against Mexico a while ago. Tennessee looked good routing Rhode Island.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It was OK until they started grooming our kids.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Are my eyes bad or are these plate umps at LLWS terrible? No one is complaining so I’m thinking it’s me.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

We did Williamsport last year for a couple of games. Awesome facility, prices, people and parking. Would recommend. 10/10
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Not sure what aspect of plate work Sudden Sam is questioning. I don't like the called strike given both verbally and non-verbally at the same time. It should be verbal followed by non-verbal. The are supposedly volunteers, so I guess you get what you pay for.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Seems to me these umps are calling strikes 6-8 inches inside and outside the plate. Could just be the camera location. But it seems to happen a lot.

Some great games anyway. Really enjoying it.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

TV camera angles can be misleading. A reason why I hate those replays at this level of ball. The plate umpire could be "educated" to give pitchers the corners, especially on breaking balls. I was always a pitcher's umpire.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:13 pm Seems to me these umps are calling strikes 6-8 inches inside and outside the plate. Could just be the camera location.
Strike zone is higher. It’s allegedly supposed to be knees to nipples. Upper edge of MLB zone is the belt. Would be a lot more walks in LL with a smaller zone, smaller players, and pitchers with less command. But strikes should still be over the plate.
"I see everything twice!"
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Smackie Chan wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:56 am
Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:13 pm Seems to me these umps are calling strikes 6-8 inches inside and outside the plate. Could just be the camera location.
Strike zone is higher. It’s allegedly supposed to be knees to nipples. Upper edge of MLB zone is the belt. Would be a lot more walks in LL with a smaller zone, smaller players, and pitchers with less command. But strikes should still be over the plate.
Yeah, my gripe is the pitches inside and outside waaaay off the plate being called strikes.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Curacao was down to their last strike against Venezuela in the top of the 6th. BOOM! 2 run homer to go up 2-1.

2 on with 2 outs. Curacao pitcher is too pumped. Glaring at other dugout. Glaring at hitters. Throwing 70 mph. Pitches getting away from him. Coach trying to calm him down.

Fly out to right. Curacao wins.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Tennessee just took out Nevada in a great game, 2-1.

Tenn pitcher had 12 Ks. The girl on their team singled and ended up scoring the winning run.
Scott from Anaheim
Jake

Post by Scott from Anaheim »

Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:57 pm Tennessee just took out Nevada in a great game, 2-1.

Tenn pitcher had 12 Ks. The girl on their team singled and ended up scoring the winning run.
The Texas team from last night had a stud left handed pitcher who went into deep innings and even helped himself with a right field moonshot. He also had a lockdown defense behind him. This LLWS is a lot of fun this year.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvskkkal only watches to scope out the players' sisters.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:32 am mvskkkal only watches to scope out the players' sisters.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

This Texas-Washington game is great. Some beautiful defense.
scotchnh2o
Crack Whore

Post by scotchnh2o »

I don't agree with an intentional walk counting as 4 pitches to the pitchers pitch count... :meds:
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

scotchnh2o wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:38 pm I don't agree with an intentional walk counting as 4 pitches to the pitchers pitch count... :meds:
If that’s what they do, that makes no sense at all. The pitch counts are to protect the kids’ arms.
scotchnh2o
Crack Whore

Post by scotchnh2o »

Sudden Sam wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:35 pm
scotchnh2o wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:38 pm I don't agree with an intentional walk counting as 4 pitches to the pitchers pitch count... :meds:
If that’s what they do, that makes no sense at all. The pitch counts are to protect the kids’ arms.
That's what they do. Not only protecting the kids arm, but possibly keeping him from
pitching the next day if needed...
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Makes zero sense. Just count his actual pitches.

Pulling for Tennessee now.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

In the old days Don Drysdale used to say I might as well hit the guy so I don't have to throw four pitches.
But the reason seems to be to make some kind of penalty beside the base for intentionally walking someone.