The IRS is auditing my business taxes

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Rootbeer

The IRS is auditing my business taxes

Post by Rootbeer »

Apparently my COGS for 2021 was flagged for review.

Any advice? I've never been through a tax audit before. I do my own bookkeeping and I keep my books pretty clean. Occasionally I'll use my credit card and don't get a receipt or lose a receipt but that's about it.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Kierland

Re: The IRS is auditing my business taxes

Post by Kierland »

Get an atty that is also a cpa. How do you not know this stuff?

Oh yeah Wyoming.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Rootbeer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:07 pm Apparently my COGS for 2021 was flagged for review.

Any advice? I've never been through a tax audit before. I do my own bookkeeping and I keep my books pretty clean. Occasionally I'll use my credit card and don't get a receipt or lose a receipt but that's about it.
If you’ve kept all of your records in order and didn’t use a lot of round numbers you should be OK.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

It's political persecution!
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The 2010 Austin suicide attack occurred on February 18, 2010, when Andrew Joseph Stack III deliberately crashed his single-engine Piper Dakota light aircraft into Building I of the Echelon office complex in Austin, Texas, United States,[5] killing himself and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) manager Vernon Hunter.[6]
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Rootbeer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:07 pmApparently my COGS for 2021 was flagged for review.

Any advice?
Yeah, I thought we talked about NOT entering the hush $$ as part of COGS. Good luck with your review.
"I see everything twice!"
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Kierland wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:48 pm The 2010 Austin suicide attack occurred on February 18, 2010, when Andrew Joseph Stack III deliberately crashed his single-engine Piper Dakota light aircraft into Building I of the Echelon office complex in Austin, Texas, United States,[5] killing himself and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) manager Vernon Hunter.[6]

6 Yellow nazi traitor
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That’s it shoot the messenger while you are complaining that THEY are the Nazi.
You no think too well.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Mikey wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:17 pm
Rootbeer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:07 pm Apparently my COGS for 2021 was flagged for review.

If you’ve kept all of your records in order and didn’t use a lot of round numbers you should be OK.
Keep good “records”. You’ll be OK.

JFC this place is full of idiots. Good records is literally recording what happened. That still leaves a lot of room for fraudulent reporting.

Hey rootbound, how did you try to twist it all? Doesn’t matter what you recorded, it’s what you reported.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Congrats, Rootbeer for being one of the "over 400K" crowd.

I mean, he must make more than that, because sleep Joe told us those are the one's he's going after to pay for all the free shit.

Every small business owner out there better have all their ducks in a row. The new 87,000 IRS agents weren't hired for nothing.

They are going to overturn ever last cushion of the national economic couch looking for spare change.

Of course, the actual rich, those making more than 4,000K needn't worry. They already have the CPA/tax attorney on the payroll. Just another day at the office for them.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yes those oligarchs you do everything you can to protect are protected. You are simply stupid.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Biggie wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:24 pm
Kierland wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:48 pm The 2010 Austin suicide attack occurred on February 18, 2010, when Andrew Joseph Stack III deliberately crashed his single-engine Piper Dakota light aircraft into Building I of the Echelon office complex in Austin, Texas, United States,[5] killing himself and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) manager Vernon Hunter.[6]

6 Yellow nazi traitor
7 Why are you afraid of lipstick?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Cares so much about me he follows my every move.
Runs from me cause he is yellow.
What a tard.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Just roll in and play this jaunty little number.. :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfPO1ibiCQw
Before God was, I am