Just saw Friday Night Lights.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Just saw Friday Night Lights.

Post by Guest »

I thought it was fucking great. I was a little skeptical at first, as it seemed the boys were doing a total Oliver Stone ripoff (moving camera angles, etc..), but the movie ended up kicking some pretty good fucking ass.

Really reminds me of some of the smaller towns here in Georgia. They are every BIT as bad as being obsessed with high school ball (some worse).

Damned good flick, though.

Anybody else seen it? Thoughts?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

That movie is total bullshit.
No town is like that.

Sin,

Valdosta, GA
verbal
nine inch male

Re: Just saw Friday Night Lights.

Post by verbal »

shutyomouth wrote:I

i saw it too the other day. this is one of the best flicks i have seen in quite some time.

Re: Just saw Friday Night Lights.

Post by Guest »

verbal wrote:
shutyomouth wrote:I

i saw it too the other day. this is one of the best flicks i have seen in quite some time.
Seriously. In a time we're bombarded with shit movies, it was damned refreshing.

Carson - BUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA! No shit, huh? I can't describe the anger those bastards are going through since Lowndes County (county where Valdosta is) is winning the state all the time now. That shit is TOO serious down there. The football team eats specially cooked meals and away from the students, as well as many other things like that. A lot of it's far-fetched for college - much LESS high school!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Picked it up this week, will probably watch it before the Conference championship games tomorrow.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Which is better? Remember the Titans, Varsity Blues or Fri Night Lights?
Raoul Duke
Martyr

Post by Raoul Duke »

Cicero wrote:Which is better? Remember the Titans, Varsity Blues or Fri Night Lights?
Not even close, Friday Night Lights is far superior to either one of those movies.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Remember the Titans is definitely the better movie. I watched Fri Night Lights earlier this week....didn't like.
Raoul Duke
Martyr

Post by Raoul Duke »

I disagree, Dr. I found Titans to be unrealistic, pandering, simplistic, and downright insulting at times. However, I do believe that of those three movies, the greatest scene was in Varsity Blues. Of course, I'm talking about.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.
Badfish
Elwood

Post by Badfish »

Ok, so shutyomouth is immune to the moving of threads, I get it.

let me know when the circle jerk is over here.

I'll go back to pauls trots.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

necessary roughness rules

not
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

What do you mean? I found the quantum-leaper as QB and Kathy Ireland as kicker to be completely believable. :roll:
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Badfish wrote:Ok, so shutyomouth is immune to the moving of threads, I get it.

let me know when the circle jerk is over here.

I'll go back to pauls trots.

Here's an idea. Why don't jam a kotex in it and continue to drink yourself to death. Fucking crying pussy.

Post by Guest »

How can he drink from it if there's a Kotex in it?
tomas8
Mr. Laid Back

Post by tomas8 »

i bought a copy last week, i've not watched it yet, from what my friends have told me it's supposed to be really good.
sorry about that whammy!
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I lived in West Texas in 1988 and my high school played Permian. They kicked our asses. 41-7. I remeber how fast they were and how small. Ivory Christian was the biggest guy on their team. Dude was a monster. They ran a veer.

The movie was good and I just bought the DVD. It was "Hollywoodized" a little. For 1. My high school, San Angelo Central, did not make the playoffs that year. We were 2-7-1. Permian didn't play Carter in the finals. They played in the semifinals and lost 19-18. When Gary Gaines got home, there were 4 sale signs on his lawn. Carter won the state championship by beating Judson. The coin toss for the playoffs did happen and it was Midland High that lost out.

Other than that it was a good film. :wink:
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Harvdog wrote:I lived in West Texas in 1988 and my high school played Permian. They kicked our asses. 41-7. I remeber how fast they were and how small. Ivory Christian was the biggest guy on their team. Dude was a monster. They ran a veer.

The movie was good and I just bought the DVD. It was "Hollywoodized" a little. For 1. My high school, San Angelo Central, did not make the playoffs that year. We were 2-7-1. Permian didn't play Carter in the finals. They played in the semifinals and lost 19-18. When Gary Gaines got home, there were 4 sale signs on his lawn. Carter won the state championship by beating Judson. The coin toss for the playoffs did happen and it was Midland High that lost out.

And the whole Boobie fucking up his knee before the season, not in a blow out game. And he was seen as a selfish little bitch in the book, not someone the team felt sorry for. Gains was also a raging ass hole.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Figured some of the stuff in the movie was complete BS, like the unneeded racial angle with Carter HS.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Actually, that was pretty dead on. Carter had like 10 kids get D1 scholarships. They had this bad ass DB who had signed with Tennessee. He then decided to start robbing Blockbuster video stores and got 10 years in the slam. I am not saying that it was a little overdone but there was definetly some heavy racial stuff going on.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Harvdog wrote:I lived in West Texas in 1988 and my high school played Permian. They kicked our asses. 41-7. I remeber how fast they were and how small. Ivory Christian was the biggest guy on their team. Dude was a monster. They ran a veer.

Don't forget, Carter ended up forfeiting that state title due to an ineligible player. That's gotta completely suck for Permian cuz the eligibility of that player was an issue when they played in the semis, but they went forward with the game.

The movie was alright....pretty good. I'd have to say Remember the Titans was a better put together movie. But on the basis of money well spent vs. money wasted, FNL falls into the money well spent category.