Further evidence that the BBC is gutless:

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Further evidence that the BBC is gutless:

Post by DrDetroit »

Media Blog reader Steven J. Scibelli catches the BBC in a double standard:

First, the BBC calls the terrorists who bombed London "misguided criminals." Then, courtesy of Drudge, we see that the BBC edited the word "terrorist" out of its recent coverage of the Londom bombings:
The BBC's guidelines state that its credibility is undermined by the "careless use of words which carry emotional or value judgments". Consequently, "the word 'terrorist' itself can be a barrier rather than an aid to understanding" and its use should be "avoided", the guidelines say.
But, apparently the BBC has no qualms about using words which carry "emotional or value judgments" in other contexts. Here are two examples:
Football hooligans who terrorised Cardiff city centre on the opening day of the season used the Internet to organise the violent clashes.
and:
Hooligans who terrorise local residents could be more likely to face action as Humberside Police review the use of new powers to crack down on yobs.
So, according to the BBC, soccer hooligans are terrorists, but Islamic jihadists are "misguided criminals."

Well, you know what they say. One man's hooligan is another man's freedom fighter.

:roll:
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Who Cares?????
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Cripple Fight
Elwood

Post by Cripple Fight »

Further evidence that your a twat.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Cripple Fight wrote:Further evidence that your a twat.
Your
You're

Well?

Looks like the cripple beat himself up...
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Further evidence that your a twat.
Shouldn't you be prepping your blankie and box of Crunch'N Munch for "Rescue Me" right about now?
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:Who Cares?????
You do, apparently.

So why respond, bitch?
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Oh, Yawn.

Dr Dullard, the War on Terror doesn't belong to mediocre imbeciles like you anymore. My advice to you is to sit back, put your feet up, wank yourself into a stupor and let real professionals handle the job your boy Bush wasn't man enough for.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well I find it informative and interesting. It allows me to view things others find on the internet without me having to go look for it. I'm lazy that way.

Thanks for the post Detroit.

All this talk about "guts", "gutless", is silly. What it does show is how utterly terrified and confused the terrorists have Western Civilization.

It's quite simple. They want our culture, our ways, and our ideas gone.

There's two ways to stop this. Change our culture and our ways and become Islamic states . Which would leave the left weeping and gnashing their teeth, as N.O.W. would be stoned to death and the homos would be buried alive or thrown from the rooftops of buildings.

Or

Hunt them, draw them out (Iraq), and kill them.

But they're succeeding in confusing the hell out of some of us.

For instance:

Why are we reading more about people apologizing for calling terrorists, terrorists than I'm reading about Islam denouncing the actions of these murderers ?
Last edited by Tom In VA on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Nishlord wrote:Oh, Yawn.

Dr Dullard, the War on Terror doesn't belong to mediocre imbeciles like you anymore. My advice to you is to sit back, put your feet up, wank yourself into a stupor and let real professionals handle the job your boy Bush wasn't man enough for.
Boy, projecting a little too much??
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Tom In VA wrote:
Well I find it informative and interesting. It allows me to view things others find on the internet without me having to go look for it. I'm lazy that way.

Thanks for the post Detroit.

All this talk about "guts", "gutless", is silly. What it does show is how utterly terrified and confused the terrorists have Western Civilization.

It's quite simple. They want our culture, our ways, and our ideas gone.

There's two ways to stop this. Change our culture and our ways and become Islamic states . Which would leave the left weeping and gnashing their teeth, as N.O.W. would be stoned to death and the homos would be buried alive or thrown from the rooftops of buildings.

Or

Hunt them, draw them out (Iraq), and kill them.

But they're succeeding in confusing the hell out of some of us.

For instance:

Why are we reading more about people apologizing for calling terrorists, terrorists than I'm reading about Islam denouncing the actions of these murderers ?
Not "western civilization?"

I would say continental Europe for sure. And the American Left, along with their British counterparts.
Cripple Fight
Elwood

Post by Cripple Fight »

DrDetroit wrote:
Your
You're

Well?

Either way. YOU ARE a boring twat.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Cripple Fight wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:
Your
You're

Well?

Either way. YOU ARE a boring twat.
you fighting with yourself is hilarious, though... :roll:
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Listen, Dr D; one of us in this argument actually gets up from the computer and takes in some fresh air every now and then, and it sure as shit ain't you.

It's been four years since your terrorist atrocity, and you haven't captured the perpetrator. It's been four days since ours, and we've already made serious inroads in the investigation. In the meantime, your soldiers on UK soil were banned from visiting London over the weekend by their superiors because it was 'too dangerous'. How pathetic.

You can start whining like a pussy over the BBC when you start paying for it. Until then, shut your manky pissflaps and be grateful that someone in the Coalition Of The Wilting has more than two brain cells to rub together.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Not much different from the US mainstream media who discontinued showing the horrible images of 9/11 shortly after its occurance.
mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Seriously - I think we need a different approach - strong, intelligent, principled, and fresh. Obama seems to fit the bill for me best at this point.
Then you are a fucking fool. Straight up. Obama is the dumbest motherfucker who has ever run for President.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Why are we reading more about people apologizing for calling terrorists, terrorists than I'm reading about Islam denouncing the actions of these murderers ?
Because Euros are gutless.
No, because you're ignorant cunts. There are hundreds of news stories about Muslim leaders condeming the bombings. They just don't fit into your lamentable world viewpoint.

PS: I don't see any Euros panic-buying duct tape at the moment.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Nishlord wrote:Listen, Dr D; one of us in this argument actually gets up from the computer and takes in some fresh air every now and then, and it sure as shit ain't you.

It's been four years since your terrorist atrocity, and you haven't captured the perpetrator. It's been four days since ours, and we've already made serious inroads in the investigation. In the meantime, your soldiers on UK soil were banned from visiting London over the weekend by their superiors because it was 'too dangerous'. How pathetic.

You can start whining like a pussy over the BBC when you start paying for it. Until then, shut your manky pissflaps and be grateful that someone in the Coalition Of The Wilting has more than two brain cells to rub together.
You're drawing an equivalency between the Tube being bombed by a bunch of amateurs and 9/11 re: to the scope of the investigation and the people who perped it??

And your patronizing attitude re: the conduct of US armed forces is completely unwarranted. You're more the continental Euro type than the British type that persevered during the Blitz.

Pussy.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Nishlord wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Why are we reading more about people apologizing for calling terrorists, terrorists than I'm reading about Islam denouncing the actions of these murderers ?
Because Euros are gutless.
No, because you're ignorant cunts. There are hundreds of news stories about Muslim leaders condeming the bombings. They just don't fit into your lamentable world viewpoint.

PS: I don't see any Euros panic-buying duct tape at the moment.
I'd feel pretty safe on the Continent, too, given that the Euro's are highly sympathetic wioth the terrorists cause. The level of anti-Americanism there is irrational given the decades that the avergae American gave their $$ to protect the Euros from Mother Russia.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

It's been four years since your terrorist atrocity, and you haven't captured the perpetrator.

There were 20 of them. 19 are dead, one is in jail. Bin Laden is nothing more than the symbolic figurehead. As an Englishman, I'd think you were well acquainted with that type of arrangement. :lol:
It's been four days since ours, and we've already made serious inroads in the investigation.
You'll end up with the lower-level guys in jail, just like we did. Woo hoo! <----Insert New Year's noisemaker sound.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

I actually read where an anonymous philanthropist supposedly funds a scholorship for the best prom clothes done in all duct tape.

Rip City
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

DrDetroit wrote:You're more the continental Euro type than the British type that persevered during the Blitz.
Honestly, three or four of you fall out of my arse every morning after a cup of coffee and a cigarette. Don't patronise me, little man.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Nishlord wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:You're more the continental Euro type than the British type that persevered during the Blitz.
Honestly, three or four of you fall out of my arse every morning after a cup of coffee and a cigarette. Don't patronise me, little man.
Uh-huh...keep yapping, bitch. You'll always be America's bitch.
Cripple Fight
Elwood

Post by Cripple Fight »

Much like you being a board bitch.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Nevillelord wrote:Honestly, three or four of you fall out of my arse every morning after a cup of coffee and a cigarette. Don't patronise me, little man.

Coming out of your ass, I'm sure it was a freefall.
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

mvscal wrote:
Nishlord wrote:There are hundreds of news stories about Muslim leaders condeming the bombings.
Talk is cheap. What are they actually doing about it?
I bet they are feverishly detailing their indignation in message board posts.

And rack Euro for eliciting the "but we saved you from the Commies!" and "you're no Winston Churchill" rants.

LIBERATE CASCADIA.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

mvscal wrote:
Nishlord wrote:It's been four years since your terrorist atrocity, and you haven't captured the perpetrator.
Wrong.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has been in custody for the last two and half years.
I thought it was Saddam? Jesus, your full of manseed and knowledge.
I fucking suck.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Nishlord wrote: There are hundreds of news stories about Muslim leaders condeming the bombings.

"We condemn all acts of terror", blah, blah, blah. However, drop a Koran and we will kill women and children......
E UNUM PLURIBUS
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

The Seer wrote:
Nishlord wrote: There are hundreds of news stories about Muslim leaders condeming the bombings.
Actually, he's right. But as mvs said, actions speak louder than words, and so far, the "condemnations" have amounted to a whole lot of nothing.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Nishlord wrote:
Nish, we really didn't need to know just how many blokes you have in yer arse in the morning.

Valvenis must be clawing at the lid of his casket to respond to this one.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

And the difference between those four guys & Eric Rudolph is?

Where's your thread taking the media to task for not referring to Rudolph as a terrorist, Detard?

Or was Rudolph just "misguided?"
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Well????

Link????

LMAO!!!!
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Personally, I prefer the term, "People of terror."
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Well, you know what they say. One man's hooligan is another man's freedom fighter.
And one man's Dr D post is another man's Mogadon.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Nishlord wrote:

Speaking of which, so have hooligans far and wide, made alliance to issue any revenge against brown Islamic people yet ?

Millwall fan and MU fan getting together to get a little payback ?
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Personally, I prefer the term, "Person(s) of Soccer Tomfoolery."

Uncle Fester
Person of Melanin
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Tom In VA wrote:
Nishlord wrote:

Speaking of which, so have hooligans far and wide, made alliance to issue any revenge against brown Islamic people yet ?

Millwall fan and MU fan getting together to get a little payback ?
No. Just a handful of random mouth-breathers chucking bricks through windows. Awfully intelligent and heroic of them.

Oh, and when you start paying for the BBC, you can start moaning about it.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I'm a NPR member and NPR helps pay for BBC, so that means I can bitch.

Rack the Soccer Hooligans for proving heterosexuality isn't totally dead in Jolly Olde England
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Nishlord wrote: Oh, and when you start paying for the BBC, you can start moaning about it.
:shock:

How did you know what I was doing when I listened to those sexy British babes reading the news ?

:D