The "Kill all the terrorists" split thread

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

The "Kill all the terrorists" split thread

Post by At Large »

(Original title of this thread was a reference to Rush Limbaugh and if people listen) I do, but I'm still perplexed as to why. I'm sure the man still has his believers, but he's making less and less sense lately. His solution for defeating terrorism today? Kill all of the terrorists and then educate the younger generation of terrorists that the US way of life is the way to go.

How about we take out the terrorist camps like we've talked about for years. We have spy planes. We have bombs. Surely we can find the training grounds for the terrorists by now?
Last edited by At Large on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
At Large wrote:Kill all of the terrorists and then educate the younger generation of terrorists that the US way of life is the way to go.
Why not? It worked in Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and the Confederate States of America.
And how do you propose going about doing that? Invade every Middle East country followed by every country in Southeast Asia followed by every country in Europe with a high muslim population, line up all the males between the ages 12 and 60 and the females between 12 and 21 and ask those who are terrorists to step forward to be shot? :roll:

That's your problem. You think guns are the solution to this, and they're not.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Mister Bushice wrote:
That's your problem. You think guns are the solution to this, and they're not.
The problem is that you obviously have no fucking clue what the solution is, well...other than pointing fingers.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
At Large wrote:Kill all of the terrorists and then educate the younger generation of terrorists that the US way of life is the way to go.
Why not? It worked in Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and the Confederate States of America.
Like hell it did.

sin

The South
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:If that's what we have to do, so be it. You seem to be laboring under the mistaken impression that this war is optional and will simply go away if we ignore them.
Correct. And selling F-16s to Pakistan won't accomplish much if we've got our heads in the sand regarding their failure to shitcan Islamic "schools" err, incubators for a new generation of freaks.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote: Invade every Middle East country followed by every country in Southeast Asia followed by every country in Europe with a high muslim population, line up all the males between the ages 12 and 60 and the females between 12 and 21 and ask those who are terrorists to step forward to be shot?
If that's what we have to do, so be it. You seem to be laboring under the mistaken impression that this war is optional and will simply go away if we ignore them.
What I SEEM to be laboring under and what I'm actually laboring under are two different things. You merely chose to assign it to me ot make your point.

Never once have I ever said we should ignore them. What I have said repeatedly is we should concentrate on making the US a fortress against insurgents if we have to do background checks on every Muslim who has emigrated to the US since 1980, and shut the door on immigration for any muslim unless they can provide absolute proof they or any of their family members have no ties to any terror related organization. Our tax dollars would be better spent doing that than blowing up then rebuilding a foreign country that won't effect worldwide terrorism in the least.

Another thing we need to do is get more countries on our side to fight terrorism through dioplomacy, which our president sucks at, so I don't expect much on that front.

We also need to invest money into R & D on bombing detection equipment for every vulnerable area we have - ports, airports, transportation systems.

The final thing is to ramp up intelligence gathering on terrorists organizations and try to infiltrate them as much as is possible.
Jesus fucking Christ.
He will be no help.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Mister Bushice wrote:What I have said repeatedly is we should concentrate on making the US a fortress against insurgents if we have to do background checks on every Muslim who has emigrated to the US since 1980, and shut the door on immigration for any muslim unless they can provide absolute proof they or any of their family members have no ties to any terror related organization. Our tax dollars would be better spent doing that than blowing up then rebuilding a foreign country that won't effect worldwide terrorism in the least.
Civil rights lawyers are licking their chops at that suggestion, so is the extreme political left.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:As inadequate as you might deem their cooperation, the fact remains that the Pakis have been instrumental in the capture of the highest ranking AQ officers we have in custody. Operations in Afghanistan are also impossible without their explicit cooperation.

If the aircraft help Musharref hang on to power, that's great. If not, well they aren't going to be flying very long without any spare parts.
I'm not saying their cooperation is inadequate.

My point is the war needs to be fought on more than a military front. The schools in Pakistan and elsewhere need to be shut down.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Hapday wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:What I have said repeatedly is we should concentrate on making the US a fortress against insurgents if we have to do background checks on every Muslim who has emigrated to the US since 1980, and shut the door on immigration for any muslim unless they can provide absolute proof they or any of their family members have no ties to any terror related organization. Our tax dollars would be better spent doing that than blowing up then rebuilding a foreign country that won't effect worldwide terrorism in the least.
Civil rights lawyers are licking their chops at that suggestion, so is the extreme political left.
Fuck them. There is one major source of terrorists in this world, and they wear towels on their heads. If they can't control their own freaks they will have to go through the paces to be checked. If they're innocent, nothing will happen to them.

We all get scanned at the airport and no body complains. If it's a matter of National security - and it will become one one day when another attack happens in the US - then worse things will happen to the Muslims here than what the government will do to them. Good luck any of them walking around in daylight or having businesses. You know that some people here will take the matter into their own hands to some extent.

We'd be foolish to think we are safe. There's too many holes those rats can crawl through to get here.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RadioFan wrote:
mvscal wrote:As inadequate as you might deem their cooperation, the fact remains that the Pakis have been instrumental in the capture of the highest ranking AQ officers we have in custody. Operations in Afghanistan are also impossible without their explicit cooperation.

If the aircraft help Musharref hang on to power, that's great. If not, well they aren't going to be flying very long without any spare parts.
I'm not saying their cooperation is inadequate.

My point is the war needs to be fought on more than a military front.

Remind me to never play RISK with you. You must tear up at that game. What a keen strategic assessment.

:lol:

You're right. I don't know for sure that it is being waged on more than a military front, but I'd be willing to bet .... even though we don't see it on the NEWS .... it is.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Tom In VA wrote:You're right. I don't know for sure that it is being waged on more than a military front, but I'd be willing to bet .... even though we don't see it on the NEWS .... it is.
Where do you think the next generation of AQ recruits is coming from?

And Islamic schools are in the news alright ... alive and well each time I read about them or see a report about what's going on in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.

And given mvs' typical "fuck the rest of the world" stance, it is fairly amusing to see him talk about Pakistan's role. I'm not disagreeing, just an observation.

Btw, Tom, all Bush would have to do is start talking about the root of the problem and it's instant news. It's not some kind of super-secret mystery that may or may not happen.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

RadioFan wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:You're right. I don't know for sure that it is being waged on more than a military front, but I'd be willing to bet .... even though we don't see it on the NEWS .... it is.
Where do you think the next generation of AQ recruits is coming from?

Btw, Tom, all Bush would have to do is start talking about the root of the problem and it's instant news. It's not some kind of super-secret mystery that may or may not happen.
As if He'd:

A: Be capable of the logic train of thought needed to figure that out,

B: Be able to express himself publicly in such a way as not to be interpreted as saying "Our next target is schoolchildren in the middle east"
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:Since you don't seem to have the aptitude or inclination for geostrategic thought, I'll help you out here.

You say we need to close the Madrassas. Have you actually thought through the likely consequences of that?

Musharref has a pretty tenuous grasp on power as it is and now you propose to sign the death warrant for his administration which happens to be the only thing standing between us and a nuclear armed Islamist state.

The fall of Pakistan would compel our withdrawl from Afghanistan which could possibly become a disasterous rout depending on how much lead time we have to bail out.

Now how do you suppose our rout from Central Asia will effect their recruiting drive not to mention the complete operational freedom they will regain in that region?

Then think about that momentum carrying them into Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the Gulf Emirates, Sudan, Nigeria, Algeria then back east through Indonesia. Just one big happy Islamakaze family from the northwest coast of Africa through Central Asia and the East Indies.

You think this can't happen? Better fucking think again. We're walking a real fine line here. The stakes in this war are far bigger than you have even begun to imagine.
Now that's what I was looking for, and not necessarily because I agree.

Musharref being killed is a distinct possibility, obviously. I have no doubt we're taking whatever measures possible to prevent that from happening.

If it does, your scenario could come to pass, with the possible exception of a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan first ... and if China gets involved ... yeah, I'm aware of the stakes.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:What I have said repeatedly is we should concentrate on making the US a fortress against insurgents.
Brilliant!!!!

--The Maginot Line
Now there's a really valid analogy.

:roll:

'course if the French can't make something work then neither can we because they're so much smarter than we are and stuff.
ggil
Meat

Post by ggil »

I'm thinking more along the lines of how GB took care of the Mau Mau's in the 60's

anyone listening to drudge right now?
now don't be afraid to rush the net
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Just caught this today.
You may call it a gift. :wink:

Matthias Dapfner, Chief Executive of the huge German publisher Axel Springer AG, has written a blistering attack in DIE WELT, Germany's largest daily newspaper, against the timid reaction of Europe in the face of the radical Islamic threat.

EUROPE - THY NAME IS COWARDICE

(Commentary by Mathias Dapfner CEO, Axel Springer, AG)

A few days ago Henry Broder wrote in Welt am Sonntag, "Europe - your family name is appeasement." It's a phrase you can't get out of your head because it's so terribly true.

Appeasement cost millions of Jews and non-Jews their lives as England and France, allies at the time, negotiated and hesitated too long before they noticed that Hitler had to be fought, not bound to toothless agreements.

Appeasement legitimized and stabilized Communism in the Soviet Union, then East Germany, then all the rest of Eastern Europe where for decades, inhuman, suppressive, murderous governments were glorified as the ideologically correct alternative to all other possibilities.

Appeasement crippled Europe when genocide ran rampant in Kosovo, and even though we had absolute proof of ongoing mass-murder, we Europeans debated and debated and debated, and were still debating when finally the Americans had to come from halfway around the world, into Europe yet again, and do our work for us.

Rather than protecting democracy in the Middle East, European appeasement, camouflaged behind the fuzzy word "equidistance," now bombings in Israel by fundamentalist Palestinians.

Appeasement generates a mentality that allows Europe to ignore nearly 500,000 victims of Saddam's torture and murder machinery and, motivated by the self-righteousness of the peace movement, has the gall to issue bad grades to George Bush...even as it is uncovered that the loudest critics of the American action in Iraq made illicit billions, no, TENS of billions, in the corrupt U.N. Oil-for-Food program.

And now we are faced with a particularly grotesque form of appeasement. How is Germany reacting to the escalating violence by Islamic fundamentalists in Holland and elsewhere? By suggesting that we really should have a "Muslim Holiday" in Germany.

I wish I were joking, but I am not. A substantial fraction of our (German) Government, and if the polls are to be believed, the German people, actually believe that creating an Official State "Muslim Holiday" will somehow spare us from the wrath of the fanatical Islamists.

One cannot help but recall Britain's Neville Chamberlain waving the laughable treaty signed by Adolf Hitler, and declaring European "Peace in our time".

What else has to happen before the European public and its Political leadership get it? There is a sort of crusade underway, an especially perfidious crusade consisting of systematic attacks by fanatic Muslims, focused on civilians, directed against our free, open Western societies, and intent upon Western Civilization's utter destruction.

It is a conflict that will most likely last longer than any of the great military conflicts of the last century - a conflict conducted by an enemy that cannot be tamed by "tolerance" and "accommodation" but is actually spurred on by such gestures, which have proven to be, and will always be taken by the Islamists for signs of weakness.

Only two recent American Presidents had the courage needed for anti-appeasement: Reagan and Bush.

His American critics may quibble over the details, but we Europeans know the truth. We saw it first hand: Ronald Reagan ended the Cold War, freeing half of the German people from nearly 50 years of terror and virtual slavery. And Bush, supported only by the Social Democrat Blair, acting on moral conviction, recognized the danger in the Islamic War against democracy. His place in history will have to be evaluated after a number of years have passed.

In the meantime, Europe sits back with charismatic self-confidence in the multicultural corner, instead of defending liberal society's values and being an attractive center of power on the same playing field as the true great powers, America and China.

On the contrary - we Europeans present ourselves, in contrast to those "arrogant Americans", as the World Champions of "tolerance", which even (Germany's Interior Minister) Otto Schily justifiably criticizes. Why? Because we're so moral? I fear it's more because we're so materialistic, so devoid of a moral compass.

For his policies, Bush risks the fall of the dollar, huge amounts of additional national debt, and a massive and persistent burden on the American economy - because unlike almost all of Europe, Bush realizes what is at stake - literally everything.

While we criticize the "capitalistic robber barons" of America because they seem too sure of their priorities, we timidly defend our Social Welfare systems. Stay out of it! It could get expensive! We'd rather discuss reducing our 35-hour workweek...or our dental coverage...or our 4 weeks of paid vacation...or listen to TV pastors preach about the need to "...reach out to terrorists...to understand and forgive".

These days, Europe reminds me of an old woman who, with shaking hands, frantically hides her last pieces of jewelry when she notices a robber breaking into a neighbor's house.

EUROPE, THY NAME IS COWARDICE.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"Europe - your family name is appeasement."

Coming from a German, that's disturbing.

"Only two recent American Presidents had the courage needed for anti-appeasement: Reagan and Bush."

[cough]Beirut[/cough]

Anyways....thanks for the article, Tina.

Sincerely, Eat Poison, You Retard.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Hide your jew jew jewelry well, Marty.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.