Tolerance personified: the ACLU

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

You have an immigration problem because of the ACLU?

You'll have 23 successive terms of Republican presidents, and you'll still find some liberal/Democrat birdwatcher society/stamp club to blame.

Bush is a Republican, right?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Martyred wrote:You have an immigration problem because of the ACLU?

You'll have 23 successive terms of Republican presidents, and you'll still find some liberal/Democrat birdwatcher society/stamp club to blame.

You forgot to add that he has a Republican Congress as well.

Martyred is unfortunatly right this isn't on the backs of the democrats/Liberals. Congress and the POTUS could end this issue if they had the balls to do it but both parties are too busy pandering to commercial america to actualy do it.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Re: Tolerance personified: the ACLU

Post by RadioFan »

DasChoads wrote:And you Democrats wonder why your weak on the issue of national security.
So let's get this straight, you're propping up the internal squabbles of a relatively insignificant ACLU chapter as a lynchpin in national security. Ooooook

Better not go outside.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Das Choads is way off on his Demo-hate as usual, but I do have one question:

Aren't they call the <i>American</i> Civil Liberties Union? Why in hell are they concerned with the so called rights of illegal foreigners?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Mister Bushice wrote:Das Choads is way off on his Demo-hate as usual, but I do have one question:

Aren't they call the <i>UnAmerican</i> Civil Liberties Union? Why in hell are they concerned with the so called rights of illegal foreigners?
FTFY
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Martyred wrote:You have an immigration problem because of the ACLU?

You forgot to add that he has a Republican Congress as well.

Martyred is unfortunatly right this isn't on the backs of the democrats/Liberals. Congress and the POTUS could end this issue if they had the balls to do it but both parties are too busy pandering to commercial america to actualy do it.
If only it were that easy.

You see, for two decades now the moment a conservative suggests that we actually enforce immigration law the lefties immediately go into the race hustling mode charging racism.

This is on the back of liberals/democrats because they are the ones running the race show.

On the other hand, I haven't heard a single positive note from the administration on this issue. I have heard the amnesty call a few times which I think is a monster mistake.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I was listening to your hero, el rushbo a few weeks ago, and he was worried that Dems were going to take this issue from the Reps. He played a soundclip from one of the most liberal Dems in California (sigh... forget her name). Basically, she blasted the weak border policy and said it needs to be stronger.

The ACLU is the one organization that asks why about everything. Most times, it seems very petty.

Why do I care if I've violated rights of illegal immigrants that are entering the country illegally? The minutemen "vigilante" group was only trying to enforce the border and point out the problem that we currently have. This is one area that I'm very conservative on. I think we need to have a very active border patrol. Better yet, I've suggested constructing a large wall along the US-Mexico border. I'm really tired of this stream of illegals coming into this country.

Better yet, I think we need to repeal giving US citizenship to anyone born in this country, which is a playing card that illegals try to use when their children born in this country are in danger of being deported with them.

I agree with others that say this issue is being misplayed on both sides. The wave of illegals entering this country seems to be getting larger and we're the country paying for it when we have to hire bilingual teachers and post signs in Spanish in our community grocery stores.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Whose hero is Rush??

Rush has been arguing that for a month or so now that the Republicans (see Bush) are vulnerable on the lefties moving to the right of the GOP on this issue. I tend to agree seeing that Bush's plan appears to offer amnesty with no real changes being made to the law, i.e., not letting illegals go after issuing them a summons to appear in court a month later.
Miss Demeanor
That other bitch

Post by Miss Demeanor »

Sorry Detard, I couldn't hear your impassioned "lets hate a Demo today" over the sound of Bush calling people trying to prevent illegals from entering the country "vigilantes". :lol:
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

I do believe I was the first to hammer Bush for calling them "vigilantes."
Miss Demeanor
That other bitch

Post by Miss Demeanor »

DrDetroit wrote:Whose hero is Rush??

Rush has been arguing that for a month or so now that the Republicans (see Bush) are vulnerable on the lefties moving to the right of the GOP on this issue. I tend to agree seeing that Bush's plan appears to offer amnesty with no real changes being made to the law, i.e., not letting illegals go after issuing them a summons to appear in court a month later.
So is this another of your "scathing" criticisms of Bush?
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Move the goal posts, much??

I can criticize Bush for mishandling social security and immigration, criticize him on education, farm bills, and taxes, yetr, that doesn't count because I haven't criticized him enough to meet your standards.

I apologize, but I won't resort to calling Bush Hitler or evil or a dummy. I prefer more reasoned criticism.
Miss Demeanor
That other bitch

Post by Miss Demeanor »

DrDetroit wrote:Move the goal posts, much??
You see, there's your problem, you consider this ^^^^^ to be criticism. Bush wants to give a get out of jail free card to illegals and the best you can offer is "no real changes being made to the law"?

Blistering I tell you. How will Bush ever pick himself up after that lashing?
I apologize, but I won't resort to calling Bush Hitler or evil or a dummy. I prefer more reasoned criticism.
I promise I never have and never will compare Bush to Hitler. Further, I've never called him evil I never will--Fair enough.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

You see, there's your problem, you consider this ^^^^^ to be criticism. Bush wants to give a get out of jail free card to illegals and the best you can offer is "no real changes being made to the law"?

Dumbshit, that's because I have posted the argument elsewhere. Reach, much? I'm not going to rehash the argument here. It sufficed to say that I see the right being vulnerable because of Bush's amnesty plan that includes no real changes and identifying what I thought to be a necessary and real change.
Blistering I tell you. How will Bush ever pick himself up after that lashing?

Dumbshit, the point in posting that there was not to criticize Bush, but to echo Rush's vulnerability take.

Oh, and it appears that you missed the point of the goal posts retort.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

If you say so...

I say that these amnesty plans being proposed by the right is a cave to the immigration politics that have been played by the liberals for two decades now.

What? You think that current immigration law is not enforced or that the absurd policies of the current law (e.g., releasing illegals with a summons to appear at court a month later) is the result of....what?
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

DrDetroit wrote:Move the goal posts, much??

I can criticize Bush for mishandling social security and immigration, criticize him on education, farm bills, and taxes, yetr, that doesn't count because I haven't criticized him enough to meet your standards.
The real problem is that you can see so much wrong with what he's doing and still think he's good for this country.
You mean like how you constantly insult everyone here in virtually every post? :roll:
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Bush is good for the country. Under Democratic leadership we would have, imo, another terror attack. It was the democrat's policies in the first place that emboldened terrorists to escalate their attacks from embassies in Africa, to a US naval vessel, to the WTC.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:Bush is good for the country. Under Democratic leadership we would have, imo, another terror attack. It was the democrat's policies in the first place that emboldened terrorists to escalate their attacks from embassies in Africa, to a US naval vessel, to the WTC.
And Lockerbie, Lebanon, the Achille Lauro etc never happened?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

I didn't suggest that. Notice I used the word "escalate." Under a Democratic President, the level of the attacks escalated as they became aware that the Democrats would do no more than treat the events as common burglary.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:The reason that "conservatives" haven't done shit about illegal immigration is not due to the fact that they are worried about being hectored by democrats for being racists.

The reason is that business demands the cheap labor. If you think otherwise, you are a complete idiot.
100% correct on this account. So the Democrats will whine and cry what else is new thats their status quo. Its big business that is fueling the prevention of haulting illegal immigration.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

mvscal wrote:Republicans didn't treat them any differently before 9/11.
True...correlation does not equal causation, eh?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:The reason that "conservatives" haven't done shit about illegal immigration is not due to the fact that they are worried about being hectored by democrats for being racists.

The reason is that business demands the cheap labor. If you think otherwise, you are a complete idiot.
Correct.

Is the reason you threw quotes around the word "conservative" because you want to differentiate between actual conservatives and reactionary corporatists?

The bottom line for the multinational corporatists is the accumulation of wealth, and their flag is the dollar. If you think, that as an average Joe Blow you are entitled to a slice of the pie, you are sadly mistaken. Wealth guards wealth, and elites ain't offering valet parking to the dirty undershirt set at the country club.
Right wing or left wing, you'd better learn to take your country back from those that hold national security, public interest and the rule of law in a much less exhalted position than they do crony capitalism and neo-aristocracy.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

The American Conservative

Real Conservatives might want to start here.
It's surely an antidote to the neo-liberal drivel that touts itself as "conservatism" at The National Review.
Why don’t you just STFU.