55%
I'm usually eating my dinner in the right lane
17%

Total votes: 29

Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Interstate etiquette

Post by Gunslinger »

Driving home last night some asshole got on my ass while I was doing 75. When I'm driving I usually set cruise at 75mph. It pisses me off when there are rigs to the right of me and some jackoff has to ride my ass, as if that will change my mind to speed up. I'll get out of the way, but I won't speed up. I always drive in the right lane and millions of people must be right and middle lane drivers, but I have never met one. Who are those people?

I always imagine Republicans are the people that are 10 deep at a stop light while their are multiple lanes and the left lane is empty. Why do people fucking do that? You've got 3 lanes and these sheep all line up in one lane. Then you have to laugh your ass off when the light turns green and then red again and some dipshit didn't get through, because they were in that long ass line. They usually drive an SUV or Chrysler Town and Country.

Anyways what lane do you drive in?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

We have mostly two lane highways in West Michigan so I'm in the right lane unless I need to pass slower traffic. When I get towards Chicago or Detroit, I'm in the center lane usually.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Interstate etiquette

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Gunslinger wrote:I always imagine Republicans are the people that are 10 deep at a stop light while their are multiple lanes and the left lane is empty. Why do people fucking do that? You've got 3 lanes and these sheep all line up in one lane.
Consider this.

If I need to eventually make a right hand turn, and the far right lane is the "ten car deep lane", I will usually pull into that lane in order to avoid having to get over at the last second to make that turn from one of the emptier lanes.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

R-Jack wrote:My pet peeve is when I am in the right lane and people coming on the freeway expect me to adjust to let them in.

Motherfucker, YOU are merging. YOU make the nessesary adjustments.
I won't make any adjustments if there are cars coming up from the middle lane, however, if I'm cruising in the right hand lane, and someone is trying to merge and there is NO ONE in sight in the middle lane, I will usually get over just as a standard driving courtesy, but also because, I don't want the fucker ramming into the side of me.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:I always imagine Republicans are the people that are 10 deep at a stop light while their are multiple lanes and the left lane is empty. Why do people fucking do that? You've got 3 lanes and these sheep all line up in one lane.
Consider this.

If I need to eventually make a right hand turn, and the far right lane is the "ten car deep lane", I will usually pull into that lane in order to avoid having to get over at the last second to make that turn from one of the emptier lanes.
The example I am thinking of is a an 8 lane road and the right lane is the turning lane and 3 lanes for driving. So, they are still idiots.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

R-Jack wrote:My pet peeve is when I am in the right lane and people coming on the freeway expect me to adjust to let them in.

youre an asshole. get the fuck off the cellphone and drive like a man.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

R-Jack wrote:
And THAT is what's wrong with california driver.

You suck, and suck badly.

Oh, and apparently you're just going to have to take my word for it --
New York (CNN/Money) - These are the average scores on a 20-question driver's test administered to more than 5,000 licensed drivers in a survey commissioned by the GMAC Insurance.

Nation -- 82.7

1. Oregon -- 89.4

2. Washington -- 88.4

3. Iowa -- 87.7

4. Idaho -- 87.5

5. Wyoming -- 87.4

6. Vermont -- 86.6

7. Nebraska -- 86.5

8. Wisconsin -- 86.3

9. Montana -- 86.2

10. West Virginia -- 86.2

11. Minnesota -- 86.1

12. North Dakota -- 85.6

13. North Carolina -- 85.2

14. Indiana -- 85.1

15. Alabama -- 84.7

15. Virginia -- 84.7

15. Nevada -- 84.7

16 Missouri -- 84.7

19. Ohio -- 84.3

19. South Dakota -- 84.3

21. Colorado -- 84.2

22. Kansas -- 84.0

23. Michigan -- 83.8

24. New Hampshire -- 83.7

25. Tennessee -- 83.4

26. Maine -- 83.2

27. Arkansas -- 83.1

27. South Carolina -- 83.1

29. Georgia -- 82.9

29. New Mexico -- 82.9

31. Oklahoma -- 82.8

32. Texas -- 82.7

33. Utah -- 82.6

33. Arizona -- 82.6

35. Mississippi -- 82.5

35. Delaware -- 82.5

35. Kentucky -- 82.5

38. Pennsylvania -- 82.1

39. Louisiana -- 81.7

40. Illinois -- 81.6

41. Florida -- 81.1

42. Connecticut -- 80.9

43. California -- 80.4

44. Maryland -- 79.8

44. Washington, D.C, -- 79.8

44. New York -- 79.8

47. New Jersey -- 78.3

48. Massachusetts -- 77.2

49. Rhode Island -- 77.0

Eat a dick, amateurs.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

When I was younger my dad had a CB we took on road trips. As we would pass truckers they would make comments how Indiana drivers think they can take the Indy 500 with them wherever they go. No, its called driving on endless flat land.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Gunslinger wrote:Indiana drivers think they can take the Indy 500 with them wherever they go. No, its called driving on endless flat land.
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Nevada
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dinsdale wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Indiana drivers think they can take the Indy 500 with them wherever they go. No, its called driving on endless flat land.

Sincerely,
Nevada
What are you talking about?

Sin,
Socal Driver going to Vegas on I-15
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

1. Oregon -- 89.4

2. Washington -- 88.4

3. Iowa -- 87.7

4. Idaho -- 87.5

5. Wyoming -- 87.4

6. Vermont -- 86.6
It must have been really hard to answer the questions for those states.

1) What is the difference between a street and a highway?

Answer: A street will have gravel
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Sincerely,
Nevada

Sin,
You mean people drive fast across endless flat land?

Sin,
Eastern Washington
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Dinsdale wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Nevada

Sin,
You mean people drive fast across endless flat land?

Sin,
Eastern Washington
Trust me.....I-15 absolutely sucks way more than I-90....especially in summer.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The right lane is for merging and exiting, if you're going to drive in that right lane you have to accomodate for that. That being said, anybody who tries to merge at 45 from a long acceleration lane shouldn't be driving on a freeway.

Me, I'll drive in whatever lane has the biggest opening. If you're in front of me going 60 or 65 in the fast lane when there's 1/4 mile of empty road in front of you and I'm boxed in, you can be damn sure you'll see a large pickup looming close in your rear view mirror.
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Rack Mikey and Mgo. Driving is a team sport. When you're in your car, act the same fucking way that you'd expect any other fucking CIVILIZED member of fucking SOCIETY to act. What fucking point are you trying to make by not letting a guy merge in? How exactly are you making the world a better place by not getting out of the left lane when there are folks in it that would like to be moving a little faster than you are? Insecure, passive-agressive, cocks. A little fucking courtesy would go a long way towards making this country a whole less of a shithole.
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Dinsdale wrote: 47. New Jersey -- 78.3

Eat a dick, amateurs.
You should see Hajii Ravnik and Ching Chang drive out here. Those fuckers should only take public transportation. I have never seen so much road carnage as out here.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

ElvisMonster wrote:Rack Mikey and Mgo. Driving is a team sport. When you're in your car, act the same fucking way that you'd expect any other fucking CIVILIZED member of fucking SOCIETY to act. What fucking point are you trying to make by not letting a guy merge in? How exactly are you making the world a better place by not getting out of the left lane when there are folks in it that would like to be moving a little faster than you are? Insecure, passive-agressive, cocks. A little fucking courtesy would go a long way towards making this country a whole less of a shithole.
Irony
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Glad that you appreciate my many layers of humor, dickface. Maybe you could follow me around from thread to thread and just type "I get it!" after every single one of my posts so that nobody can ever doubt that anything I've ever posted has gone over your head. Then everybody else can follow you around racking you for your ability to "get it". You'll be a legend.

Gunslinger: the guy that got it.

Rack you...retard.
Last edited by ElvisMonster on Sun May 29, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

what a big asshole

oh snap, my bad, its ems new haircut.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

slinger, you sound like the kinda prick that thinks that since you are traveling faster than the speed limit, you have dibs on the left lane.

As has been mentioned earlier, you suck, badly.

How fukking fast you are traveling has shit to do with what lane you are in. This is one thing the euros get that we don't. Try driving 100 mph on the autobahn in the left lane. You will eventually get steamrolled by franz in his benz. The left lane is for passing. The right is for doing anything other than passing. If you are in your McLaren doing a buck fity and there is no one ahead of you, you should be in the right lane.

There is one exception I make. Some hiways' right lane is horribly rutted by tractor trailers. I will park in the left lane in this case to avoid killing my car. However, doing this requires that you keep an eye in the rearview mirror to get over incase someone faster comes along.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

49's about right, we've learned alot from Massholes
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

I always imagine Republicans are the people that are 10 deep at a stop light while their are multiple lanes and the left lane is empty.
I'm a republican, except when it comes to traffic laws and driving. I am pretty aggressive but I stay safe, just drive a little faster. I always try to get the empty lane at a red light, I always drive in any lane on the freeway EXCEPT for the right lane unless my exit is coming up. Other exception to that is on the rural two lane interstates then I'm mostly in the right lane.

I am giving our State Patrol some props at cracking down on those ASSHOLE SLOWPOKES who hog the left lane. They're actually giving out tickets to those who drive slow in the left lane and/or causing a traffic hazard no matter what speed they're driving.

I wish they could ticket ALL slow drivers because it's these dumbshits that cause all the road rage and accidents. Not the ones who go a little faster.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Whatever happened to the concept of "Slower Traffic Keep Right"?
Right lane is appropriate, unless passing a slower vehicle, or allowing incoming traffic to merge.

Beware of PA drivers who will pass you on the right, get in front of you, and then slow down. :x

BTW-I find it ironic that a thread allowing people to vent their frustrations at other drivers
was started by someone with the nic "Gunslinger". :twisted:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

ElvisMonster wrote:Glad that you appreciate my many layers of humor, dickface. Maybe you could follow me around from thread to thread and just type "I get it!" after every single one of my posts so that nobody can ever doubt that anything I've ever posted has gone over your head. Then everybody else can follow you around racking you for your ability to "get it". You'll be a legend.

Gunslinger: the guy that got it.

Rack you...retard.
Dr. Detroit.

I don't give a shit about your post. I just read it to read that you are an angry bipedal. So suck my hard cock.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

R-Jack wrote:I suck??????????

I have never been in or caused an accident, despite constantly having to go to the right side to pass trucks that are only going 15 miles over the speed limit, while having some asshole getting on the freeway who had had at least a half of a second to see that I OWN THAT FUCKING LANE he is trying to get into.
Sounds to me like you're pinning the tail on the wrong donkey, eh?

I agree with you though r-jack. Fuck the drivers who've gotta merge. Is it really that hard to push that little red button with the green rim around it? You know, the one that engages the zero-gravity wings on their car so they can hop over you into the middle lane? I hate those fuckers.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

As I said before, I will get out of the left lane for faster drivers. Whether you go 90 or 80 there will always be that white trash guy who wants to go faster. If you have a line of rigs on your right, he will ride your ass till you have passed them.

I wish I could teleport out of my car, because I would pretend to be so intimidated that I would merge into the rig and hope the impending accident kills that fuck.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

d-townmike wrote:I wish they could ticket ALL slow drivers because it's these dumbshits that cause all the road rage and accidents. Not the ones who go a little faster.
Retard, much?

Maybe they should ticket all the sober drivers, as well?

Ever heard of the NHTSA? It's a government agengy that we as taxpayers give millions and millions and millions of dollars to every year. One of their primary functions is to keep statistics on why people die on the highway.

And according to the NHTSA, you're an idiot. Not only an idiot, but a danger to society and an idiot.

Go ahead and point the finger for your irresponsible behavior at everyone else. It's what the true losers of the world do.

And this is where you go into the "well, if everyone else but me were to ~~insert retarded excuse as to why YOU'RE beyond repraoch, and everyone else is wrong~~, then I ~~insert whatever retarded drivel you use to blame your problems on others~~"

Save it. You're wrong.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:31. Oklahoma -- 82.8

32. Texas -- 82.7
After driving from Tulsa to San Antonio on Friday and returning on Sunday, I'm surprised these motherfuckers aren't 49th and 50th, or at least 80 percent of them.
Mapquest wrote:Total Est. Time: 8 hours, 55 minutes Total Est. Distance: 569.79 miles
It took longer than that to get from OKC to SA, both ways, because of ~ gasp ~ construction. Texas drivers don't understand the concept of "merge" left or right, when the signs tell you to do so and the highway is down to one lane. Oh no, that would be way too easy. They'd rather cut across the grass median, get on the access road, then try to cut back onto the highway at the point where the other dumbasses finally realize their lane is ending and they're about to run into orange barrells.

And Oklahoma drivers want to slow to 5 mph upon seeing state troopers standing on the side of the highway with their arms folded ('sup Red River bridge on I-35 that's down to one lane). A nice hour and a half delay on a 3-mile stretch there.

If you don't know how to merge or feel the need to slow to 5 mph -- literally -- on an Interstate highway upon seeing a trooper, you need to just stay the fuck home.

EOS.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote: After driving from Tulsa to San Antonio on Friday and returning on Sunday, I'm surprised these motherfuckers aren't 49th and 50th, or at least 80 percent of them.
Ever driven in California? Words can't descibe it.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Funkywhiteboy wrote: Beware of PA drivers who will pass you on the right, get in front of you, and then slow down. :x

I do that on purpose to fuckheads who refuse to move to the right lane as I rapidly approach their car in the left lane. Unless your passing someone, I see no need for you to be driving in my lane.

So I naturally pass on the right and switch to the left and slow down a bit, just to make them agitated before I floor back to 90 and speed off. :x
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Gunslinger wrote:Driving home last night some asshole got on my ass while I was doing 75. When I'm driving I usually set cruise at 75mph. It pisses me off when there are rigs to the right of me and some jackoff has to ride my ass, as if that will change my mind to speed up. I'll get out of the way, but I won't speed up.
Usually what I do at that point is tap on the brakes. That backs the fuckers right down.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:Ever driven in California? Words can't descibe it.
Yep, in LA, several times. Many of the idiots here wouldn't survive trying to drive out there. Freeways comprised of 90 mph manaics vs. freeways dotted with centerline-meandering, 50 mph in the fast lane dumbfucks.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Usually what I do at that point is tap on the brakes. That backs the fuckers right down.

Or they do this.....
jiminphilly wrote:
Funkywhiteboy wrote: Beware of PA drivers who will pass you on the right, get in front of you, and then slow down. :x

I do that on purpose to fuckheads who refuse to move to the right lane as I rapidly approach their car in the left lane. Unless your passing someone, I see no need for you to be driving in my lane.

So I naturally pass on the right and switch to the left and slow down a bit, just to make them agitated before I floor back to 90 and speed off. :x
Get the fuck out of the left lane, granny.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

In most cases I'll leave the left lane for the tards to work things out at high speeds. When the smoke clears and Officer Ponch has you cuffed on the shoulder, I'll be the one laughing at your asses.

No that would be everyone else.

The road isn't yours to own. Have a little courtesy and get there in one piece.

BTW there are stretches of southern California that make NASCAR look fucking tame. Racing (yes, 85-100+ mph) down a mountain pass (Cajon or Tejon, take your pick) in the midst of heavy traffic is not uncommon.

Tards feel entitlement to the fast lane and every other fucking lane. I-5 through Cencal has become a duel to see who can squeeze their Navigator between the slowgoing motorhome towing a Saturn ahead of it and any crack of daylight between the tailgaters in the fast lane traveling at 80 mph all of which are hellbent on keeping him in his place. Get in fucking line like everyone else.

It must be my love of driving that brings me back time and again.

:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30 ... 809771.pdf

Of course Dimsdale's little file says nothing about the statistics of which lanes most accidents occur in.

Considering the government doesn't make money by harrasing slowassed bitches clogging up the freeways, not suprising that speed is a stat they would focus on.

This does though......

Toddowen wrote:

R-Jack....Next time you pull this stunt and the driver who you wouldn't let in speeds up to get in front of you and then slams on his brakes, I want you to think of me.

Next time you see a pile up to the side of the road, chances ar it won't be to the left.

Also if some idiot decides to slam on the brakes in front of you without warning, and your boxed off to the side, you have a sholder instead of more fucking traffic.

Bottom line.....

Drive fast enough to stay the fuck away from the rest of the traffic, and there's nobody to slam into you.

Sincerly,

Been driving way too fast (allegedly) almost three fucking decades now without a collision.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Mike Backer
Bozworth wanna be
Location: Middle of the formation, four yards from the line of scrimmage.

Post by Mike Backer »

You know those videos where the cop pulls someone over on the shoulder, and some dipshit in the right lane approaching the traffic stop doesn't switch lanes for everyone's safety, especially the cop, only to subsequently clip the cop with his mirror because he is too much of a fucktoad?

Probably safe to say that you are that guy as well.
I'm the guy who tossed Mark Cuban's salad by proxy.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Roach wrote:Can we open the door to discuss opening the door to scooters screaming between cars?
Sure.

If I see a scooter coming up by splitting the lane, I open my door.

Anything else?

:wink:
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Driving a 26 foot van with a white truck following me at 65 MPH, faster traffic in the left lane, lots of room ahead and plenty behind just not in the other lane. What is it with the dumbfucks that somehow magically end up right beside you as they reach the end of their ramp. I think it's funny as hell and usually laugh at em as I pass.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Gunslinger wrote:Driving home last night some asshole got on my ass while I was doing 75. When I'm driving I usually set cruise at 75mph. It pisses me off when there are rigs to the right of me and some jackoff has to ride my ass, as if that will change my mind to speed up. I'll get out of the way, but I won't speed up. I always drive in the right lane and millions of people must be right and middle lane drivers, but I have never met one. Who are those people?

I always imagine Republicans are the people that are 10 deep at a stop light while their are multiple lanes and the left lane is empty. Why do people fucking do that? You've got 3 lanes and these sheep all line up in one lane. Then you have to laugh your ass off when the light turns green and then red again and some dipshit didn't get through, because they were in that long ass line. They usually drive an SUV or Chrysler Town and Country.

Anyways what lane do you drive in?
You got it all wrong. I think I've learned a lot from having a motorcyle and it's made me more aware of my surroundings and able to determine what type of driver is coming up on my ass.

I get sick and tired of FIBS (Fucking Illinois Bastards) who come up to Wisconsin doing 85-90 all the way and expect you to move over. THey'll come righ tup on your ass flash their light and start curising at you to move over. My wife sually tells me to avoid the trouble, but that's not me, as you well know. I too will not speed up soe they can get one car length ahead in the pack they come up on. At times I give them a warning tap on the brakes to back off. If that doesn't work, then the tap is a but longer and harder. till they get the hint. The best is when these fuckers think they can jump ahead a car and swing into the left lane only to get boxed in.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Left lane is for passing, right lane for merging/exiting, center lane for travel. What the fuck is so hard to understand about this? If I see speeding (15 mph or more over the limit) but driving in a straight line, I'll ticket you but give you a break on the the speed I write down. If you pass on the right, tailgate, cut people off, tap your brakes, change lanes without signalling, or drive too slow in the passing lane, you're getting all of it. No breaks, no warnings, no bullshit.

Accidents are caused by DIFFERENTIAL speed and aggressive or inattentive driving, not high speed.

If you see something gaining on you in the left lane, move over as soon as the right lane is clear. If its not clear, adjust your speed up or down and get the fuck over. If you are in the right lane and someone is trying to merge, maintain your speed and be alert. DO NOT SLOW DOWN. The merging vehicle must yield right of way to moving traffic. It is acceptable to move left to accomodate the merge but not at the expense of faster traffic.

If there is a center lane, use it. Set the cruise for 8 or 9 mph over the limit and put the fucking cell phone away.
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.