Weekend Roll Call 5-27-23

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 5-27-23

Post by kcdave »

The 40th anniversary of the US festival is upon us.
Were any of you trolls lucky enough to have seen
it live?
This new Triumph dvd was just released- good stuff.
I always loved these dudes!

RACK JSC for this post he made earlier in the week.
It's great to see the hammer get dropped on a couple of fucktards.

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years for seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 attack

WASHINGTON (AP) — Oath Keepers extremist group founder Stewart Rhodes was sentenced Thursday to 18 years in prison for orchestrating a weekslong plot that culminated in his followers attacking the U.S. Capitol in a bid to keep President Joe Biden out of the White House after winning the 2020 election.

Rhodes, 58, is the first person convicted of seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack to receive his punishment, and his sentence is the longest handed down so far in the hundreds of Capitol riot cases.

It’s another milestone for the Justice Department’s sprawling Jan. 6 investigation, which has led to seditious conspiracy convictions against the top leaders of two far-right extremist groups authorities say came to Washington prepared to fight to keep President Donald Trump in power at all costs........

Capitol rioter photographed propping feet on desk in Pelosi’s office sentenced to over 4 years

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Arkansas man who propped his feet on a desk in then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office in a widely circulated photo from the U.S. Capitol riot was sentenced Wednesday to more than four years in prison.

Richard “Bigo” Barnett became one of the faces of the Jan. 6 riot by supporters of then-President Donald Trump, and U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper said in announcing that sentence that Barnett seemed at times to enjoy the notoriety.

“All the folks who follow ‘Bigo’ need to know the actions of Jan. 6 cannot be repeated without some serious repercussions,” Cooper said, alluding to the media attention and social media following Barnett attracted after the riot.

The 54-month sentence for Barnett, a retired firefighter from Gravette, Arkansas, comes after he was convicted at trial on eight counts, including felony charges of civil disorder and obstruction of an official proceeding, in this case a Jan. 6, 2021, session of Congress to certify Joe Biden’s victory over Trump in the 2020 presidential election.......

Memorial Day weekend in the grill biz is like xmas weekend
for a retail worker. Three, 18 hour days ahead. Ain't bitchin' though.
Another chamber of commere type, beautiful weather weekend in
FOC.

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Kierland

Re: Weekend Roll Call 5-27-23

Post by Kierland »

I was at New Wave Day and Heavy Metal Day of the ‘83 edition. Great music sure, but over all it sucked balls. From long lines to long distances to every thing to it being really hazy and just kind of a shit show. Glad I did it, wouldn’t have gone to number three if they had one.

Heading to the lake later for jet skiing and camping with some friends. Lake, cooler and ski are full, weather, camp site and date are beautiful. Another weekend in paradise.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Kierland wrote:Another weekend in paradise.

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Our granddaughter, who we saw graduate at SMU a couple of weeks ago, is visiting for the week. She’s actually from my wife’s first marriage, but I’m good friends with a lot of her (late) ex’s family. So we’re having a bunch of aunts, uncles and cousins over on Monday, along with our kids, BIL, SIL, and DIL. Probably 15 or 16 total. I’ll be grilling some adobada pork, carne asada, veggies and stuff on the gas grill, plus shrimp, scallops and tomatoes on the smoker. Today and tomorrow will be spent cleaning up the pool deck, covered patio and outdoor kitchen, which haven’t been attended to much since last fall. Sort of like spring cleaning, and it should pretty much get us through the summer. Also replacing a lot of the guts on the Weber.

Oh yeah, I think a large bottle of Patron Silver will probably make its way home from COSTCO this morning.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Mikey wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:03 pma large bottle of Patron Silver will probably make its way home from COSTCO this morning.
I suggest throwing back a couple shots a few minutes before TT kicks off tonight so you can more easily endure your requested opening number.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

In.

Thank you to all veterans who have gone before us.

Headed to a lesser-known lake in Missouri called Lake Wappapello. It's about 150 miles south of here in one of the more remote areas of the Ozarks. No big time resorts or theme parks. Just a nice area that's off the beaten path. But just enough demand that a marina on the lake rents out boats so we will be doing a pontoon boat rental tomorrow. I'm not a fan of pontoon boats but that's all they have. Sure I'd rather have a speed boat on Table Rock but it's going to be so damn crowded there this weekend.

Weather will be perfect! Sunny and 80s!

Be sure to throw a few back in memory of why we have a 3-day weekend.

Later all.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

d-townmike wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:28 pm Headed to a lesser-known lake in Missouri called Lake Wappapello.
We were in Poplar Bluff in August, met some people who said we need to do lake Wappa and Pinewoods lakes. We were planning on a day or two in the area but hit both places which took us closer to 5. Definitely a great area of the country and zero crowds. Also hit the local Munch and Pump for a Tshirt but they only had mugs. 😡

And fuck off to any vet that killed brown people for oil.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Smackie Chan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:28 pm
Mikey wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:03 pma large bottle of Patron Silver will probably make its way home from COSTCO this morning.
I suggest throwing back a couple shots a few minutes before TT kicks off tonight so you can more easily endure your requested opening number.
Good call on that one.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My yard is enjoying the spring.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Dude, two of those pots don’t even have plants in them. It looks like shit.

Sin,
Suckaholic
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, but they’re really nice pots. 🤣
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Back lot tree decorations by my heater.

Saw Guardians if the Galaxy part 3. It was ok, at least it didn't have Kurt Russell.

Bbq tuna and filets tonight. Woowoo
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Mikey wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:38 am My yard is enjoying the spring.

Mikey's Garden of Eden.

Looking good.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is